Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
88 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
11560 pageviews
290 comments

NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,068 | Props total: 6114 6114
Bryant refuses to carry Williams' pads

[pic - click to view]

Dez refuses to carry Williams' pads

SAN ANTONIO -- Receiver Dez Bryant has done everything right on the field during the first two days of Dallas Cowboys training camp, but he refuses to participate in an NFL rite of passage.

According to the rookie first-round pick, Roy Williams and the other veteran receivers can carry their own shoulder pads after practice.

Williams gave his pads to Bryant after Sunday's morning practice, but Bryant declined to carry them. Williams threatened to go to "step two" when talking to reporters.

"I'm not doing it," Bryant said. "I feel like I was drafted to play football, not carry another player's pads."

"If I was a free agent, it would still be the same thing. I just feel like I'm here to play football. I'm here to try to help win a championship, not carry someone's pads. I'm saying that out of no disrespect to [anyone]."

It's a common duty for rookies, who typically get some sort of hazing. Bill Parcells used to make first-round picks bring him water during breaks in practice. The Cowboys' rookie offensive linemen are given awful haircuts by the veterans at some point during each training camp.

"Everybody has to go through it," Williams said. "I had to go through it. No matter if you're a No. 1 pick or the 7,000th pick, you've still got to do something when you're a rookie.

"I carried pads. I paid for dinners. I paid for lunches. I did everything I was supposed to do, because I didn't want to be that guy."

What would "step two" be?

"We'll find out. Definitely going to find out," Williams said. "I don't know. I've seen guys take people's credit cards and go fill up their cards and wife's cards and everything. There's a lot of dirt that goes on in that locker room."

Bryant, a Lufkin, Texas, native who went to Oklahoma State, has become an immediate fan favorite. He made several spectacular catches during each practice in the Alamodome -- where the crowd roars even when he makes routine plays -- and runs a lap around the field high-fiving fans before going into the locker room.

Williams, an Odessa, Texas, native and University of Texas product, is a frequent target of fan criticism due to his poor production since being traded from the Detroit Lions during the 2008 season. He was booed during Sunday morning's practice when he dropped a pass, although Pro Bowler Miles Austin didn't get similar treatment when he had a drop in the afternoon session.

"I bought a Ford F-250 2011. Everybody loves a new car but I also have a 2004 Navigator that's still running," Williams said about the perception that Bryant will soon be the starter. "So that's the way I feel."

There has been no previous friction between Williams and Bryant, whose arrival puts Williams' status as a starter in jeopardy. Williams has consistently praised Bryant publicly and made it clear that the rookie could come to him with any questions that he had.

Williams believes it's a veteran's duty to serve as a mentor to rookies. And he believes it's a rookie's duty to carry the veterans' shoulder pads to the locker room after practice.

"I don't believe in that at all," Bryant said. "We have a goal here. It's not about playing games. It's all about just trying to do the right thing and achieve our goal."

[pic - click to view]

Dallas Cowboys rookie Dez Bryant says no to tradition, won't carry Roy Williams' shoulder pads - ESPN Dallas

Dude acting like a diva. Rookie hazing happens to every pick and every pick does it including #1 overall picks. He needs to just suck it up and deal with the hazingimage

290 comments for "Bryant refuses to carry Williams' pads"

7 years ago '07        #2
Supercoolbert 122 heat pts122
space
space
$7,196 | Props total: 1285 1285
and it starts with this dude, hope he's not the next TO (diva wise)
 07-25-2010, 08:49 PM         #3
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hazing is stupid as hell Hes a grown a.ss man ain't no need for that s**t.
 7 years ago '04        #4
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,391 | Props total: 11747 11747
much respect

I wouldnt do it either Ill just show what I got on the field they grown a.ss men I be damn if im gonna be carrying some n*ggas pads f**k outta here
 7 years ago '06        #5
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
Roy should be gassed that he even has pads to carry

Dez s**tting on this n*gga early style
 07-25-2010, 08:50 PM         #6
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dez is a grown a.ss man, it doesn't matter if it's tradition or not, if he's not that kind of guy he has the right to say no. No one can make him carry pads or anything.
 7 years ago '04        #7
glepurple 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,676 | Props total: 783 783
It's funny how roy is taking l's already from the rookie.
 7 years ago '06        #8
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,997 | Props total: 10664 10664
I understand it happens to everyone but this is one thing I can see where he's coming from. I know how I was bright up along with many of my friends if somebody would try and make you carry s**t would probably end with blows...tradition or not..its a pride thing
 07-25-2010, 08:51 PM         #9
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
I understand it happens to everyone but this is one thing I can see where he's coming from. I know how I was bright up along with many of my friends if somebody would try and make you carry s**t would probably end with blows...tradition or not..its a pride thing

^^
This.
 7 years ago '05        #10
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
Dez must have been like,"Byatch I'm here to take your spot you should be carrying my pads, stand on the sidelines and watch me make plays".
 7 years ago '08        #11
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,731 | Props total: 11627 11627
I wouldnt carry that bums pads either, Witten ya but Roy Williams hell no :lachen001:
 07-25-2010, 08:53 PM         #12
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hazing is tradition. Derrick Brooks used to make n*ggas sit with him in a FROZEN jacuzzi/tub for a while.
 07-25-2010, 08:55 PM         #13
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f**k outta here with this "he's a grown man" s**t....the nfl,much like every other sport is about tradition...it's about team...it's about no one man being bigger than the team....dez doing this is saying i'm not part of this team,or this tradition.....you check your pride at the door when you come in the league...ain't no way in hell he should get a pass for this....if he does the dallas locker room is extra soft..
 7 years ago '05        #14
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
You can't make a n*gga ranked higher on the depth chart carry your pads.
 7 years ago '05        #15
space
space
 *eckounltd1972* said:
You can't make a n*gga ranked higher on the depth chart carry your pads.
I see what you did there....Dez is already winning the battle to take Williams' spot.
 7 years ago '04        #16
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,391 | Props total: 11747 11747
 Lex Lossis said:
hazing is tradition. Derrick Brooks used to make n*ggas sit with him in a FROZEN jacuzzi/tub for a while.
Im a big bucs fan brooks and nickerson got me liking tampa bay but f**k that i aint doing that s**t
 7 years ago '05        #17
space
space
I'm sure he would have declined to carry Martelus Bennett's pads as well.
 7 years ago '08        #18
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
u all are some dums**ts!!! its not about proving your manhood. its tradition in ALL sports and it builds comradare and adds fun to the game. like southside said, check ur pride at the door and no pass by his mates should be given. ill tell u what, none of his teammates will have his back and i cant wait for poor performances so the media can roast him......then i bet hell want his mates support.
 07-25-2010, 09:00 PM         #19
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
f**k outta here with this "he's a grown man" s**t....the nfl,much like every other sport is about tradition...it's about team...it's about no one man being bigger than the team....dez doing this is saying i'm not part of this team,or this tradition.....you check your pride at the door when you come in the league...ain't no way in hell he should get a pass for this....if he does the dallas locker room is extra soft..
I understand respecting tradition but this s**t is idiotic. I would understand buying dinners/bring in food but being disrespectful hazing is a tradition that needs to die. That frat tradition isn't a good thing and ain't no reason someone who is applying for a job needs to get s**tted on. The NFL is a business not a frat or an army unit where the new blood gets broken in to bond with the rest of the group because its a life long/ life and death bond.

NFL teams aren't living or dieing together nor are they best friends doing business together for the rest of their lives.
 7 years ago '04        #20
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,164 | Props total: 9602 9602
 -BigC- said:
Hazing is stupid as hell Hes a grown a.ss man ain't no need for that s**t.
real s**t
Roy Williams is a b**ch a.ss n*gga anyway
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
130 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy