Non Biased opinions only! Kobe - best offensive talent ever in the NBA?

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #141
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 abstractq said:
smh

look. . .its really not that difficult to understand

people like AI, Durant, Bron, Wade when they won were the only scoring options their teams have. Their whole offense runs through them at all times, so as a result they got scoring titles over kobe

When kobe was the the only scoring option his team had, he was puttin up scoring numbers that DWARFED the rest of the NBA

early on in his career he shared with Snaq. . .lnow he shares with Paul and Bynum and the squad

but dont get it twisted. . .Kobes the best, most complete offensive player the NBA ever had. Also one of the best defending guards the NBA has ever had

aka

the GOAT
plz die f**got.
 7 years ago '04        #142
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
 wepainters said:
plz die f**got.

that attached to jordan huh. . .

sad. . .
 07-25-2010, 07:14 PM         #143
malikmoore9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lets see a quote there dog...cause as far as I remember the whole league was mad mike was playing point and they played good with him at point. They was teasing s**t up (think went 11-3 while besting defending champs) then lost a few at the end of the season but regrouped in the playoffs beating the cavs
If he was that efficient at point did he somehow lose his identity against Detroit and just stop passing the ball. cause all I remember was his face continuosly planted on the floor. That sounds like a driving shooting guard and if he was driving that hard someone had to be open he could have easily passed the ball. But thats right he wouldn't have 30 points to go in that triple double if he did that
 07-25-2010, 07:15 PM         #144
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
Is that why jordan play in THIS VERY LEAGUE AS AN OLD MAN AND WAS NOWHERE NEAR WHAT HE WAS IN HIS PRIME STILL LLLLLLL PUT UP 20+,6, and 4?Not to mention before his knees really starting bothering him his first year back he was 7th in scoring lol
Jordan could score no doubt about that, but his fg% was down. MJ built his high FG% from the era people think was great defensively, but then as defenses started allowing less PPG his FG% went down quit a bit. I'm not saying MJ couldn't score, I am saying comparing his career stats when they are clearly inflated due to a very bad defensive era is pretty stupid...
 7 years ago '07        #145
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 philly337 said:
Is that why jordan play in THIS VERY LEAGUE AS AN OLD MAN AND WAS NOWHERE NEAR WHAT HE WAS IN HIS PRIME STILL LLLLLLL PUT UP 20+,6, and 4?Not to mention before his knees really starting bothering him his first year back he was 7th in scoring lol
he is michael jordan i wouldnt expect him to comeback if he couldnt compete...
 7 years ago '06        #146
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,007 | Props total: 10676 10676
 malikmoore9 said:
If he was that efficient at point did he somehow lose his identity against Detroit and just stop passing the ball. cause all I remember was his face continuosly planted on the floor. That sounds like a driving shooting guard and if he was driving that hard someone had to be open he could have easily passed the ball. But thats right he wouldn't have 30 points to go in that triple double if he did that
Lol first and foremost he want playing in the pus*y soft league kobe plays in. do you know what the pistons game plan was for the "bulls"? It was just stop horsham and anytime he comes in the lane knock him on his a.ss

Second don't try and switch off..show me this quite from doug collins because in sure I can find quotes of people saying what a nightmare it was playing mike at point guard
 07-25-2010, 07:18 PM         #147
malikmoore9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't know if you have ever picked up a basketball and played a man in his 50's who has a deadly midrange game but a consistent jumper is hard to stop so yeah Jordan being the only scoring option on a wizards team would put him at 7th in the league in scoring
 7 years ago '10        #148
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,974 | Props total: 1798 1798
 -BigC- said:
Jordan could score no doubt about that, but his fg% was down. MJ built his high FG% from the era people think was great defensively, but then as defenses started allowing less PPG his FG% went down quit a bit. I'm not saying MJ couldn't score, I am saying comparing his career stats when they are clearly inflated due to a very bad defensive era is pretty stupid...
if any defensive era is bad it's now,prior to 2000 it was very very few guys that would get 10 ft attempts now guys are going to the line as much as 20-22 times in a night and as much as 12-13 times a game. hand check foul makes it much easier to score now as well as the demise of true big men that protect the paint and the rim.
 07-25-2010, 07:23 PM         #149
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beast mode said:
if any defensive era is bad it's now,prior to 2000 it was very very few guys that would get 10 ft attempts now guys are going to the line as much as 20-22 times in a night and as much as 12-13 times a game. hand check foul makes it much easier to score now as well as the demise of true big men that protect the paint and the rim.
You have an opinion good for you, I have facts that support that this era is better defensively then MJ's. So until you get some facts your opinion is pretty much meaningless here...
 07-25-2010, 07:23 PM         #150
malikmoore9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Second don't try and switch off..show me this quite from doug collins because in sure I can find quotes of people saying what a nightmare it was playing mike at point guard
I dont disagree with you it had to be hard to play a 6'6 guard who is more athletic than any player in the league when the average pg was 6'1 I can't argue with those facts. I am just saying Pg's in those days didnt average 30 ppg either and seeing as though he was always the highest scoring player on the court with no one ever scoring in the 20's that made him like a modern day Iverson. But does that make him the best offensive player in history no. My opinion still rests with Kobe
 7 years ago '04        #151
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 beast mode said:

who shoots 13 fts a game tho?

the highest this season was like 10.2 or something

MJ when he dropped 37 ppg was averging 10 fts a game too

in fact most of the 80s MJ was takin 10 fts a game

so what are you sayin?
 07-25-2010, 07:28 PM         #152
malikmoore9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol first and foremost he want playing in the pus*y soft league kobe plays in. do you know what the pistons game plan was for the "bulls"? It was just stop horsham and anytime he comes in the lane knock him on his a.ss
The flaw with this argument is after 91 Jordan didnt play in a tough league like he experienced with the bad boys. He was an untouchable so post bad boys MJ's stats are an inflatable doll. He went to the line probably more than any player in the history of the game. Hell if MJ had to endure the Jordan rules his whole career he would have never won a championship.
So don't act like Jordan played his whole career in the rough and tough era
 7 years ago '04        #153
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,599 | Props total: 369 369
 The Bully said:
so the best offensive player ever has 2 scoring titles in 14 seasons?
2 scoring titles, 1 mvp 2 finanls mvp, 5 rings....

Kobe is the best..... He can score and nobody in the league can stop him. He is the only person that can do that. If Kobe wanted to when the scoring title every year he could but he rather collect Rings, who care about scoring titles. At the end of the day nobody is concerned about scoring titles unless that is your greatest accomplishment.
 7 years ago '06        #154
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 -BigC- said:
Phone died right when I was posting message so not going to retype everything but I hope ur not saying because he shot bad with the wizards it shows anything. He was old, had no speed, no ups, and jumper was flat because of it. U do know there are guys who played in jordans era who played in this one also and game was not affected at all. No hand checking, defensive 3 second, lazy defense...only thing today is zone defense which majority of teams don't run and there were zones being ran in jordans era also that wasn't being called

Now I'm letting my phone charge so that's why I won't be answering
 7 years ago '07        #155
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
funny thing is when Kobe plays in these allstar games he always looks like he is on another level from those dudes...everybody is playin wit allstar talent yet Kobe always stands above...jus check the highlights, those dudes look like they tryin wit him it been easy since he was 19 in them exhibitions
 7 years ago '10        #156
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,007 | Props total: 5719 5719
 Cambury said:
Kobe avg 6 a.ssist a game as a shooting guard...

Kobe averages 4.7 apg dawg...

Cambury said:
funny thing is when Kobe plays in these allstar games he always looks like he is on another level from those dudes...everybody is playin wit allstar talent yet Kobe always stands above...
Seriously? Nobody plays hard in an all-star game...and Jordan played along-side Magic, Bird and Isaih in an all-star game and dropped 40.

bw5011 said:
2 scoring titles, 1 mvp 2 finanls mvp, 5 rings....

Kobe is the best..... He can score and nobody in the league can stop him. He is the only person that can do that. If Kobe wanted to when the scoring title every year he could but he rather collect Rings, who care about scoring titles. At the end of the day nobody is concerned about scoring titles unless that is your greatest accomplishment.
So what you saying is...

2 scoring titles, 1 mvp 2 finanls mvp, 5 rings is a better argument for offensive GOAT than 10 scoring titles, 5 mvps, 6 finals mvp, 6 rings?

Last edited by FrankAndBeans; 07-25-2010 at 07:41 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #157
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 beast mode said:

in fact over the last 30 years the only players to shoot over 12 fts a game was

1) shaq during the hack a shaq era

2) michael jordan in 86. . .son shot almost a THOUSAND fts in an 82 game season

you feel like shutting the f**k up now about the "defensive" 80s?
 7 years ago '06        #158
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 malikmoore9 said:
The flaw with this argument is after 91 Jordan didnt play in a tough league like he experienced with the bad boys. He was an untouchable so post bad boys MJ's stats are an inflatable doll. He went to the line probably more than any player in the history of the game. Hell if MJ had to endure the Jordan rules his whole career he would have never won a championship.
So don't act like Jordan played his whole career in the rough and tough era
Bahaha this guy...where is that doug collins quote? I'm letting my phone charge but I'll be checking for it when I get back

I'm she it won't be here though haha
 7 years ago '06        #159
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Cambury said:
funny thing is when Kobe plays in these allstar games he always looks like he is on another level from those dudes...everybody is playin wit allstar talent yet Kobe always stands above...jus check the highlights, those dudes look like they tryin wit him it been easy since he was 19 in them exhibitions
Lol and jordan didn't? better go check

How old are you guys
 7 years ago '10        #160
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,974 | Props total: 1798 1798
 -BigC- said:
You have an opinion good for you, I have facts that support that this era is better defensively then MJ's. So until you get some facts your opinion is pretty much meaningless here...
see how the stans wanna point to "facts" yet the facts show across the board mj murders kobe then they wanna complain....we aren't talkin bout the 60's s**t mj was dominating the late 90's (98) lakers started winning in 2000 thats 2 years,i forgot the landscape of defense just totally changed in 2 years

also it was uncommon for a lot of high school or 1-2 year players to come out of college so in the 80's the players were better,the nba now is mostly athletes with not much actual skill so thats another reason scoring is down,one man teams,18 year old players that are 2-4 year projects
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy