Non Biased opinions only! Kobe - best offensive talent ever in the NBA?

most viewed right now
 99
Video inside Ignorance is bliss to foolish hoodrats
120 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 75
Pusha Takes DIRECT SHOT AT Wheelchair Jimmy DRAKE "It was Never Written Like Q..
234 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 72
Image(s) inside well damn Young Ma looking more swole than 95% of you niggas
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 46
NBA Lonzo ball willing to take a pay cut to add stars
36 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #121
st21 1371 heat pts1371
space
avatar space
space
$58,755 | Props total: 53197 53197
no



















hell no
 8 years ago '06        #122
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$30,097 | Props total: 13863 13863
 Cambury said:
he avg 6 a.ssist a game as a shooting guard...u said good luck averaging 7 a.ssist as a point...clearly he could do that...ur done for the night man from now on once u say suttin that is wrong u cant speak anymore
How am I wrong....lol he wouldn't average over 7 at point. He's not a good distributor. And dog quit talking like ur the s**t I done sonned u so many times on this topic
 8 years ago '05        #123
Hold That 104 heat pts104
space
avatar space
space
$37,658 | Props total: 15280 15280
 malikmoore9 said:
and during that year the coach said that was the worst mistake he made and it was the main reason the bulls were losing games becuase night after night Jordan was going to the scorers table to see how many more a.ssists he needed or how many more rebounds he needed for a triple double he was a stat wh0ore that year
Doug Collins never said this s**t, stop bulls**tting.
 8 years ago '06        #124
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$16,243 | Props total: 1684 1684
Wouldn't say best ever but for the time being he is the best in his era.
 8 years ago '06        #125
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$30,097 | Props total: 13863 13863
Shutem down...

aight let's end this s**t once and for all cause yall make me sick with ur lack of knowledge about the game the s**t ain't even debateable.First off kobe just finished his 14th season..everything jordan did was 13 with the bulls and in 2 he only played 17 and 18 games and not eligible for any awards so really played 11..now let's break the s**t down....


jordan 6 rings / kobe 5 rings (6-0 vs 4-2)

jordan 6 finals mvps / kobe 2 finals mvps

jordan 5 mvps / kobe 1 mvp (jordan could have won every year..kobe's belongs to chris paul)

jordan 10 scoring titles / kobe 2 scoring titles

jordan 1 dpoy / kobe 0 dpoy

jordan league lead in steals 3 times / kobe never has

jordan rookie of the year / kobe nope

10 all nba first teams / kobe 8 time all nba first teams

9 all defensive first teams / kobe 8 time all defensive first team (and don't even get me started on this)


pause here..this is pretty much all awards possible that have any meaning and he does not have 1....not 1 f**kin thing more then jordan and is only tied in one (defensive teams) which he doesn't deserve half lol..now let's move on to the statline....


jordan with the bulls...31.5 ppg,6.3 rpg,5.4 apg,2.5 spg,0.9 bpg,.51% fg%,33% 3pt%


kobe with the lakers....25.3 ppg,5.3 rpg,4.7 apg,1.5 spg,0.6 bpg,46% fg%,34% 3pt%


once again kids wtf yall smoking?Crushes him in everything except 3pt% which he's 1% behind.Let's move to the playoffs....


jordan playoff numbers..33.4 ppg,6.4 rpg,5.7 apg,2.1 spg,0.9 bpg,49% fg%,33% 3pt%


kobe playoff numbers....25.5 ppg,5.2 rpg,4.8 apg,1.4 spg,0.7 bpg,45% fg%,34% 3pt%


yet again way better in everything except 3pt which is 1% difference.Also kobe has played 19 more playoff games and jordan has 900+ points,100+ rebounds,about 70 more a.ssists,about 100 more steals,and about 20 more blocks .Let's roll on to the finals


jordan 6-0 6 finals mvps...33.6 ppg,6.0 rpg,6.0 apg,1.8 spg,0.7 bpg,48% fg%,37% 3pt%


kobe 4-2 2 finals mvps......24.9 ppg,5.8 rpg,5.2 apg,1.6 spg,0.9 bpg,41% fg%,32% 3pt%


and another one


Let's break down their game...


scoring - jordan

mid range game - close..prob even

long range - kobe

driving - jordan

rebounding - jordan

passing - jordan

on ball defender - jordan

help defender - jordan

steals - jordan

blocking - jordan

clutch - jordan (have almost same amount of game winners and kobe has way more misses..clutch isn't just buzzer beaters it's puttin the team on ur back in the 4th in clutch situations...not gettin blownout by 37 points in the finals and losing a big lead at home in the finals)


how about their 60 point games?


Jordanís 60pt+ games came against the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 10th & 12th ranked defenses. Against teams that averaged 52 wins, 30 losses


Kobe's 60pt+ games came against the 11th, 23rd, 26th, 29th & 30th ranked defenses. And those 5 teams had an average record of 35-47


how about records..go to nba.com and see how many kobe got on there .It's wilt,then jordan,then the rest scattered around when it comes to record held in the nba.Jordan holds about 50+ nba records...what kobe got like 3-4?


tired of typin..
 8 years ago '08        #126
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$11,031 | Props total: 4145 4145
 beast mode said:
yet he's 2nd in the nba in field goal attempts
This post right here should've ended the thread. And what does it say about Kobe as a player that he has more weapons than anybody and still takes more shots than the players with no other consistent scorers.

And for idiots bringing up zone D, most teams dont play zone. And when the suns played zone in the playoffs, Kobe put up better numbers, so yall can stop with these bulls**t excuses.
 8 years ago '07        #127
kidbrosweets 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$3,854 | Props total: 29 29
yes he is, and also the most skilled (as phil jackson has said). Not gunna come out and say hes the best, but sure is flirting with it
 8 years ago '07        #128
kidbrosweets 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$3,854 | Props total: 29 29
and the dude a couple posts above says kobe has about the same number of game winners as jordan. lmfao, kobe has 15+ more
 07-25-2010, 05:49 PM         #129
malikmoore9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This f**king guy...u have said in the pat u didn't see mike play and now ute an expert

The whole league was saying how unfair it was for mike to play point and he made everyone better. They was balling when mike took over and even beat the defending champ lakers while outshining magic when birth were playing point
Sorry you have me mistaken for some other guy I am in my 30's so I got a whole hand full of Mike playing. Yes during the time that Mike was playing point Magic was never the most athletic guy so yeah Mike would intimidate him. Like he did other point guards. Don't get me wrong his airness was great but I think its time to let go of Jordan pacifier and recognize the greatness that is happening now.
 8 years ago '07        #130
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,405 | Props total: 10379 10379
 PEK said:
This post right here should've ended the thread. And what does it say about Kobe as a player that he has more weapons than anybody and still takes more shots than the players with no other consistent scorers.

And for idiots bringing up zone D, most teams dont play zone. And when the suns played zone in the playoffs, Kobe put up better numbers, so yall can stop with these bulls**t excuses.
it says that any player that is willing to go a possession not touching the ball until the shot clock is going down and still shoots the ball is a leader
 8 years ago '06        #131
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$30,097 | Props total: 13863 13863
 kidbrosweets said:
and the dude a couple posts above says kobe has about the same number of game winners as jordan. lmfao, kobe has 15+ more
Lol he just passed him in game winners this year or last and had taken over 100 more....kobe shots about 30% on game winners while jordan shoots above 40%
 07-25-2010, 05:57 PM         #132
malikmoore9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Doug Collins never said this s**t, stop bulls**tting.
You are right he said more along the lines of Jordan hampered the bulls from being able to run up and down the court efficiently because Jordan would not press the defense. But the constant checking at the scorers table is official.
 07-25-2010, 05:59 PM         #133
malikmoore9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kobe shots about 30% on game winners while jordan shoots above 40%
If Kobe has made 15 more game winners than Jordan why do I care about the percentages of the shots. The only reason Jordans average is high because most of his game winners came at the free throw line. I dont even know if you should count that BS
 8 years ago '06        #134
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$30,097 | Props total: 13863 13863
 malikmoore9 said:
If Kobe has made 15 more game winners than Jordan why do I care about the percentages of the shots. The only reason Jordans average is high because most of his game winners came at the free throw line. I dont even know if you should count that BS
Bahaha
 8 years ago '06        #135
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$30,097 | Props total: 13863 13863
 malikmoore9 said:
You are right he said more along the lines of Jordan hampered the bulls from being able to run up and down the court efficiently because Jordan would not press the defense. But the constant checking at the scorers table is official.
Lets see a quote there dog...cause as far as I remember the whole league was mad mike was playing point and they played good with him at point. They was teasing s**t up (think went 11-3 while besting defending champs) then lost a few at the end of the season but regrouped in the playoffs beating the cavs
 8 years ago '10        #136
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$4,358 | Props total: 6905 6905
 Cambury said:
even if Mike said that Kobe was better himself these dudes would still argue
^Just like ya boy said, Kobe HAS ALREADY SAID that Mike was the best ever and yet you still arguing for Kobe. IRONY...


Anyway..

If Kobe is a better offensive talent than MJ the stats don't bear that out. Here is a brief comparison.

Regular Season:
Kobe: 29.5 ppg (after Shaq)
Jordan: 31.5 ppg (Chicago only)

Post Season:
Kobe: 29.8 ppg (after Shaq)
Jordan: 33.4 ppg

Regular Season Career %'s:
Kobe: FG-45.5% FT-83.8% 3PT-34.0%
Jordan: FG-49.7% FT-83.5% 3PT-32.7%

Post Season Career %'s:
Kobe: FG-44.8% FT-81.5% 3PT-33.7%
Jordan: FG-48.7% FT-82.8% 3PT-33.2%

Best 3 Seasons:
Kobe: 35.4 ppg@45.0%, 4.5 apg, .9 orb
Kobe: 31.6 ppg@46.3%, 5.4 apg, 1.0 orb
Kobe: 30.0 ppg@45.1%, 5.9 apg, 1.3 orb
------
Jordan: 37.1 ppg@48.2%, 4.6 apg, 2.0 orb
Jordan: 35.0 ppg@53.5%, 5.9 apg, 1.7 orb
Jordan: 32.5 ppg@53.8%, 8.0 apg, 1.8 orb

Scoring Titles:
Kobe: 2
Jordan: 10

------
------

I just don't see how Kobe (on paper or on film) could be considered a better offensive talent than Jordan. Kobe had a slightly better long-distance shot than Jordan, but none of them were spectacular at it...so I fault Kobe for using it so often. Mid-range was about equal; they were both GREAT. Kobe had more moves than Jordan, making for spectacularly difficult jumpshot makes. But Jordan was more athletic and attacked the rim better than anyone I've ever seen...and Jordan's fadeaway was DEADLY...even more-so than Kobe's.

I'll take Jordan's high percentage consistency over Kobe's sometimes explosive scoring habits.
 07-25-2010, 06:07 PM         #137
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Easily the most skilled offensive player ever. Would have to combine multiple players to be able to make up the skill set Kobe has on offense. That doesn't make him the best player ever, but if you go look at some of his highlights the things he does with his off hand is insane.
 07-25-2010, 06:08 PM         #138
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FrankAndBeans said:
^Just like ya boy said, Kobe HAS ALREADY SAID that Mike was the best ever and yet you still arguing for Kobe. IRONY...


Anyway..

If Kobe is a better offensive talent than MJ the stats don't bear that out. Here is a brief comparison.

Regular Season:
Kobe: 29.5 ppg (after Shaq)
Jordan: 31.5 ppg (Chicago only)

Post Season:
Kobe: 29.8 ppg (after Shaq)
Jordan: 33.4 ppg

Regular Season Career %'s:
Kobe: FG-45.5% FT-83.8% 3PT-34.0%
Jordan: FG-49.7% FT-83.5% 3PT-32.7%

Post Season Career %'s:
Kobe: FG-44.8% FT-81.5% 3PT-33.7%
Jordan: FG-48.7% FT-82.8% 3PT-33.2%

Best 3 Seasons:
Kobe: 35.4 ppg@45.0%, 4.5 apg, .9 orb
Kobe: 31.6 ppg@46.3%, 5.4 apg, 1.0 orb
Kobe: 30.0 ppg@45.1%, 5.9 apg, 1.3 orb
------
Jordan: 37.1 ppg@48.2%, 4.6 apg, 2.0 orb
Jordan: 35.0 ppg@53.5%, 5.9 apg, 1.7 orb
Jordan: 32.5 ppg@53.8%, 8.0 apg, 1.8 orb

Scoring Titles:
Kobe: 2
Jordan: 10

------
------

I just don't see how Kobe (on paper or on film) could be considered a better offensive talent than Jordan. Kobe had a slightly better long-distance shot than Jordan, but none of them were spectacular at it...so I fault Kobe for using it so often. Mid-range was about equal; they were both GREAT. Kobe had more moves than Jordan, making for spectacularly difficult jumpshot makes. But Jordan was more athletic and attacked the rim better than anyone I've ever seen...and Jordan's fadeaway was DEADLY...even more-so than Kobe's.

I'll take Jordan's high percentage consistency over Kobe's sometimes explosive scoring habits.
I've gone over the numbers before somewhere on this board. MJ's numbers are inflated because the era he was in was high scoring compared to todays game. When facing defenses that allow similar PPG MJ and Kobe have very comparable numbers.
 8 years ago '07        #139
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,405 | Props total: 10379 10379
 FrankAndBeans said:
^Just like ya boy said, Kobe HAS ALREADY SAID that Mike was the best ever and yet you still arguing for Kobe. IRONY...


Anyway..

If Kobe is a better offensive talent than MJ the stats don't bear that out. Here is a brief comparison.

Regular Season:
Kobe: 29.5 ppg (after Shaq)
Jordan: 31.5 ppg (Chicago only)

Post Season:
Kobe: 29.8 ppg (after Shaq)
Jordan: 33.4 ppg

Regular Season Career %'s:
Kobe: FG-45.5% FT-83.8% 3PT-34.0%
Jordan: FG-49.7% FT-83.5% 3PT-32.7%

Post Season Career %'s:
Kobe: FG-44.8% FT-81.5% 3PT-33.7%
Jordan: FG-48.7% FT-82.8% 3PT-33.2%

Best 3 Seasons:
Kobe: 35.4 ppg@45.0%, 4.5 apg, .9 orb
Kobe: 31.6 ppg@46.3%, 5.4 apg, 1.0 orb
Kobe: 30.0 ppg@45.1%, 5.9 apg, 1.3 orb
------
Jordan: 37.1 ppg@48.2%, 4.6 apg, 2.0 orb
Jordan: 35.0 ppg@53.5%, 5.9 apg, 1.7 orb
Jordan: 32.5 ppg@53.8%, 8.0 apg, 1.8 orb

Scoring Titles:
Kobe: 2
Jordan: 10

------
------

I just don't see how Kobe (on paper or on film) could be considered a better offensive talent than Jordan. Kobe had a slightly better long-distance shot than Jordan, but none of them were spectacular at it...so I fault Kobe for using it so often. Mid-range was about equal; they were both GREAT. Kobe had more moves than Jordan, making for spectacularly difficult jumpshot makes. But Jordan was more athletic and attacked the rim better than anyone I've ever seen...and Jordan's fadeaway was DEADLY...even more-so than Kobe's.

I'll take Jordan's high percentage consistency over Kobe's sometimes explosive scoring habits.
why would Kobe say he was better when his legacy isnt over yet? he is a winner and he believes that he would have to get atleast 6 rings...
 8 years ago '06        #140
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$30,097 | Props total: 13863 13863
 -BigC- said:
I've gone over the numbers before somewhere on this board. MJ's numbers are inflated because the era he was in was high scoring compared to todays game. When facing defenses that allow similar PPG MJ and Kobe have very comparable numbers.
Is that why jordan play in THIS VERY LEAGUE AS AN OLD MAN AND WAS NOWHERE NEAR WHAT HE WAS IN HIS PRIME STILL LLLLLLL PUT UP 20+,6, and 4?Not to mention before his knees really starting bothering him his first year back he was 7th in scoring lol
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 62
condoms are lame as fu-k
45 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 59
Image(s) inside How is Tru Life still breaded after he did years in prison & neva went..
98 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 51
Jersey Drug King-Pin gets sworn in as a lawyer
57 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 50
May 23 - 7-Eleven Planning To Sell CBD Products in 4,000 Locations
46 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside To GILF or Not to GILF
159 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
May 23 - Milwaukee Teen (15) brutally tortured, stabbed and burned over stolen..
45 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 22
Video inside Cop Followed Him Into His Drive Way For A Broken Brake Light...
243 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Article inside Thot ends up $10,000 in debt thirst trapping for the 'gram.
128 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy