Non Biased opinions only! Kobe - best offensive talent ever in the NBA?

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
104 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #181
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,974 | Props total: 1798 1798
 CaliIsActive said:
Uhmm Why are people referiing to Jordan having ten scoring cha ps like its a great feat.

Dont you Jordan stans know. That Jordan led the League 10 YEARS STRAIGHT IN SHOTS TAKEN!!!!

Iverson has 4 scoring champs and led the league in shots for 4 years

Kobe has 2 scoring champs and led the league in shots taken 2 years.

Yall dont see the pattern?

You chuck a lot of shots up and anybody can win a scoring title

Jordan was just a ball hog Lol @ people glorifying that

when you're a 50% shooter for your career why the f**k wouldn't you take the most shots???? wow you're hands down the biggest dumb f**k on here,log off and let some actual knowledgeable sports fans debate dumb f**k
 07-25-2010, 09:03 PM         #182
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beast mode said:
when you're a 50% shooter for your career why the f**k wouldn't you take the most shots???? wow you're hands down the biggest dumb f**k on here,log off and let some actual knowledgeable sports fans debate dumb f**k
Scottie shot 47% I don't think he needed to take as many shots as he did considering he had Scottie...

Don't know about yall but whenever someone used to ball hog when I was younger people would say "Okay Jordan pass the f**king ball". Now I hear people say the same s**t but Kobe's name
 7 years ago '10        #183
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,007 | Props total: 5729 5729
 abstractq said:
this was addressed earlier

kobe doesnt have scoring titles because his peers were people like tmac, ai, and bron who were their teams ONLY option while kobes sharing the rock and scoring load with other players

so kobe loses out to them. . .but when kobe had his team full of s**tty players that couldnt score for s**t, he damn sure dropped 35 a game tho
In 04-05, Kobe was playing with...who? He was his team's "only" option...he didn't win the scoring title that year son. And Jordan was so good at scoring yall have forgot that for most of his career he wasn't his team's only scoring option....PIPPEN, ANYONE? Dropping 20+ every night and Jordan still lead the league in scoring. What's yall next excuse.

And in Jordan's era, prime Dominiques, Olajuwans, Barkleys, Malones, etc were the primary scorers for their time and in fact scored a higher percentage of their team's total points than people like Tmac and Lebron. Go check out Charles Barkley's team in 87-88...you'll be like "who"?

Your knowledge is short-sighted and limited to the most recent NBA. People was ballin' back in the day...Jordan was just special.

abstractq said:
seriously

if you shoot 50% thats like going 10-20

if you shoot 45% thats 9 out of 20
Or more like...

50% = 1000-2000
45% = 900-2000

That's 100 more buckets a season pimp.

Last edited by FrankAndBeans; 07-25-2010 at 09:07 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #184
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 abstractq said:
this is exactly why u boxden n*ggas are so lame

in your average kobe bryant season, in his prime (aka not including the years where hes riding the bench for half the time because hes like 18)

youre going to find kobe shooting around 5 threes a game. Im sorry these are just facts. Some years a little more, some years a little less, but thats kobes game

in your average MJ season (aka not the seasons he was with the wiz, and not them seasons where the 3 point line was like a foul shot), jordans putting up 1.5 3's a game. Again, these are just facts

so if kobe shoots 3.5 more 3s than mj, and is a 33% 3pt shooter, thats gonna give him 1 extra miss than if he was taking those shots as 2 pointers

like i swear to God, all you n*ggas know how to do is pull up some nba.com raw number. No insight at all to you n*ggas

at all. . .

i love how people just try to disregard kobes first years kobe chose to bring his a.ss in the nba and he was only riding pine for 2 years and only trynna pull kobes "prime number" yet again your acting like he would have converted those 3's (that he chose to take) into points,we don't know what he would have done with those 3's had he not taken them
 7 years ago '10        #185
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 -BigC- said:
Scottie shot 47% I don't think he needed to take as many shots as he did considering he had Scottie...

Don't know about yall but whenever someone used to ball hog when I was younger people would say "Okay Jordan pass the f**king ball". Now I hear people say the same s**t but Kobe's name
50>>>47 lets not act like scottie didn't get his shots at all. we can say the same about kobe and pau. kobe don't need to take as many shots
 07-25-2010, 09:11 PM         #186
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FrankAndBeans said:
In 04-05, Kobe was playing with...who? He was his team's "only" option...he didn't win the scoring title that year son. And Jordan was so good at scoring yall have forgot that for most of his career he wasn't his team's only scoring option....PIPPEN, ANYONE? Dropping 20+ every night and Jordan still lead the league in scoring. What's yall next excuse.

And in Jordan's era, prime Dominiques, Olajuwans, Barkleys, Malones, etc were the primary scorers for their time and in fact scored a higher percentage of their team's total points than people like Tmac and Lebron. Go check out Charles Barkley's team in 87-88...you'll be like "who"?

Your knowledge is short-sighted and limited to the most recent NBA. People was ballin' back in the day...Jordan was just special.

Or more like...

50% = 1000-2000
45% = 900-2000

Kobe missed 20 games in 04-05. Again as dude brought up he didn't lead in attempts either...

Jordan lead the league in attempts so ya he lead the league in scoring as well. Sure there were other legends playing at the same time, but did they ever attempt more shots then MJ when he won a scoring title?
 07-25-2010, 09:14 PM         #187
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beast mode said:
50>>>47 lets not act like scottie didn't get his shots at all. we can say the same about kobe and pau. kobe don't need to take as many shots
My point wasn't that Kobe shouldn't pass more or Jordan should of passed more. It was that Jordan lead the league in shot attempts not because he needed to. I don't know his motivation behind attempting as many shots as he did. But he did have a great second option.
 07-25-2010, 09:16 PM         #188
malikmoore9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i love how people just try to disregard kobes first years kobe chose to bring his a.ss in the nba and he was only riding pine for 2 years and only trynna pull kobes "prime number" yet again your acting like he would have converted those 3's (that he chose to take) into points,we don't know what he would have done with those 3's had he not taken them
I don't even understand your frustration. The problem is trying to compare two players who weren't given the same opporunities. Yes Kobe came out of high school but he had been playing pro ball since he was 15 in Italy so he was before his time in high school. Why would he go to college if he had already played pro ball with other former NBA players. Jordan was given the keys to a small franchise with no real name. Kobe went to a dynasty that had a loaded roster. We can't shoot numbers at players who have played the same amount of years but one was the face of the franchise from day one and the other didn't become the face until his 8th year in the league
 07-25-2010, 09:18 PM         #189
malikmoore9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sorry I know we want to act like Pau is the scoring machine but there are games where dude just doesn't show up and Scottie putting up matching 30 point games with MJ is a little different than Pau giving a good 19 points and 10 boards
 7 years ago '10        #190
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 malikmoore9 said:
Sorry I know we want to act like Pau is the scoring machine but there are games where dude just doesn't show up and Scottie putting up matching 30 point games with MJ is a little different than Pau giving a good 19 points and 10 boards
you can't score without the fga
 7 years ago '06        #191
bugzy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,420 | Props total: 108 108
 Cambury said:
YES...the Jordan comparisons when he was drafted were dead accurate.
 07-25-2010, 09:24 PM         #192
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beast mode said:
you can't score without the fga
Pau gets a lot of touches He is passive at times and won't take a shot when being defended 1 on 1. Kobe also gets probably 3-5 shots where they give it to him with less then 5 seconds on the shot clock. I think Kobe should take less shots, but just stating facts...
 7 years ago '04        #193
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
 FrankAndBeans said:

Or more like...

50% = 1000-2000
45% = 900-2000

yall just keep proving my point as we go along

KOBE WAS HURT IN 04-05

wtf?

did you even watch that season? He missed mad games and even when he was playing he was hurt. The coach quit on the lakers in midseason and the n*gga was hurt and you talkin about ohhh he didnt win a scoring title then

i mean seriously

you guys are seriously morons

you really and truly are. . .
 7 years ago '08        #194
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 abstractq said:
smh

look. . .its really not that difficult to understand

people like AI, Durant, Bron, Wade when they won were the only scoring options their teams have. Their whole offense runs through them at all times, so as a result they got scoring titles over kobe

When kobe was the the only scoring option his team had, he was puttin up scoring numbers that DWARFED the rest of the NBA

early on in his career he shared with Snaq. . .lnow he shares with Paul and Bynum and the squad

but dont get it twisted. . .Kobes the best, most complete offensive player the NBA ever had. Also one of the best defending guards the NBA has ever had

aka

the GOAT
shut the f**k up stan I can name 20 people better than him
 07-25-2010, 09:31 PM         #195
malikmoore9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Start naming 20 guards that are better defenders throughout the whole history of the game I will wait........
 7 years ago '04        #196
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 beast mode said:

the choice is irrelevant. Im not lookin for sympathy kobe points. . .kobes already the GOAT so im happy he took the path he did

im talking about how to properly analyze these stats that you n*ggas keep bringin up

FACT: if you wanna talk about 3pt % and how it affect fg% and you start looking at career 3fga to do so, you have to take these kind of things into account because they skew the numbers

if you were just a guy analyzing these two n*ggas games, we wouldnt have this problem, but since you wanna be a statwh0ore i have to break it down further for you imbeciles

any moron will tell you that kobe shoots a LOT more threes than mj did. the only exception to this is when the line was closer. Hell most of jordans career he didnt even average a single 3pt fg a game. These days kobe routinely puts up 5-6 a game

being that this is the case, all fg% numbers are skewed down for kobe

all of this is indisputable. . .as in dont bother replying
 7 years ago '04        #197
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Jade Yorker said:

rofl

u hostile. . .thats hilarious
 7 years ago '10        #198
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 abstractq said:
the choice is irrelevant. Im not lookin for sympathy kobe points. . .kobes already the GOAT so im happy he took the path he did

im talking about how to properly analyze these stats that you n*ggas keep bringin up

FACT: if you wanna talk about 3pt % and how it affect fg% and you start looking at career 3fga to do so, you have to take these kind of things into account because they skew the numbers

if you were just a guy analyzing these two n*ggas games, we wouldnt have this problem, but since you wanna be a statwh0ore i have to break it down further for you imbeciles

any moron will tell you that kobe shoots a LOT more threes than mj did. the only exception to this is when the line was closer. Hell most of jordans career he didnt even average a single 3pt fg a game. These days kobe routinely puts up 5-6 a game

being that this is the case, all fg% numbers are skewed down for kobe

all of this is indisputable. . .as in dont bother replying

stopped reading after that

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '08        #199
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
 -BigC- said:
Give me that height/weight/athletic difference and I will do Wilt numbers . Kareem>Wilt
if u want me to do so then u must be a moron. height, weight, and atheleticism isnt the topic. but ill throw out some numbers just to see a lame rebuddle:

-6 seasons averaging 36 points or more per game, one of those seasons being 50.4ppg and the other 44.8ppg

-scored 100 points in a game, not to mention other games of 78, 73(X2), 72, 70, along with a total of 14 of the top 20 highest in a gave ever.

-scored 65 or more 15 times, 50 points or more 118 times, and scored atleast 40 points 63 times in a a single season.

-3 seasons shooting over 64% from the field.

-in 67-68 he led the league in total a.ssists and averaged 8.6ast per game. thats equivelant to john stockten leading the league in rebounds. to top if off, he said he WOULD lead the league which makes you wonder what he could have averaged yearly if he wanted to. also averaged 4.4ast for a career which is astonishing for a center.

-averaged 22.7rebounds per game. lets be conservative and a.ssume (since def and off rebounds werent tallied seperatedly then) and say 20% of those were offensive. if youve avoided looking at rebounds from a prospective then somethings wrong with you; offensive boards lead to second and 3rd chance points which in return wins games.

-most importantly, ah... ill let wiki say it for me: "Chamberlain's impact on the game is also reflected in the fact that he was directly responsible for several rule changes in the NBA, including widening the lane to try to keep him farther away from the hoop, institute offensive goaltending and revise rules governing inbounding the ball and shooting free throws.[1][10] Chamberlain was physically capable of converting foul shots via a slam dunk without a running start (beginning his movement at the top of the key).[11] When his dunks practically undermined the difficulty of a foul shot, the NBA banned his modus operandi"

finally, for the sake of THIS particular argument, chamberlain has the most 60 point games in a career with 62 times! in second...with ONLY 5 is....KOBE BRYANT!

care to try again sir? i dont think so.
 7 years ago '08        #200
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 abstractq said:
its not about being 1st option moron

its about being the ONLY option

Wade was miamis ONLY scorer

Durant is the Thunders ONLY consistent scorer

Bron is the Thunders ONLY scorer

on the lakers its mad weapons. Kobes the 1st option, but its not realistic to expect him to drop 30 a night now. If he did gasol wouldnt be getting the touches he needs and the offense wouldnt be as good overall

Didn't know Bron played for Thunder
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
196 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy