NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
92 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
98 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
77 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

?
Nas 158 72.81%
Jay 59 27.19%
Voters: 217. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 02-04-2011, 12:27 PM         #281
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
every album isnt a publicity stunt, however the things that you are willing to do to sell that album can be publicity stunts and thats what i feel happen here. its not a crime, nor a big deal, but i feel him doing it was a publicity stunt and worked. and i never said he goal for the album was to bury hip hop, but i think the title of the album was to sell records. and its easy to say he didnt backtrack but he did

and i didnt say there was something wrong with more people discussing the topic, all i did was note that more people were talking about it after that album dropped and in my opinion people (note everyone) are discussing it more because nas said it then because they actually believed it (that may be the thing you have a problem with...not sure)

either way this will be my last post on this (at least for now), got to get ready for another 10 hour shift and dont want to spend the last free hour i have for the day debating nas/jay

homie...there isn't one major label that would allow an album to come out under it's umbrella without some kind of publicity stunt...that just makes no business sense what so ever...and i defy you to show me proof otherwise....

every time an artist drop their aim is to sell records...that doesn't mean that the thoughts are any less genuine,or purpose behind the thoughts...and how is noting a difference back tracking?...should he not note the difference he see's just to keep saying hip hop is dead??............

who said they had to believe it,or did believe it?...that was never the point anyhow...the discussion,and hopefully attempt at doing better was all that mattered...you're talking like nas's intent was to have everyone scream hip hop is dead,and be done with hip hop...which again for anyone that listened to the album knows that's nonsense..or even paid attention to any number of interviews he did..

for instance..

When I say 'hip-hop is dead', basically America is dead. There is no political voice. Music is dead ... Our way of thinking is dead, our commerce is dead. Everything in this society has been done. It's like a slingshot, where you throw the muthaf**ka back and it starts losing speed and is about to fall down. That's where we are as a country ... what I mean by 'hip-hop is dead' is we're at a vulnerable state. If we don't change, we gonna disappear like Rome. I think hip-hop could help rebuild America, once hip-hoppers own hip-hop ... We are our own politicians, our own government, we have something to say.[5]
—Nas

" Nas said that he chose "Hip Hop Is Dead" as the title of the album in order to engender excitement and a reaction among hip hop artists. He went on to say that it worked, due to reactions from artists like Lil Wayne and Kanye West."

i'm just at the point where i believe people don't pay attenton,and hear,and see what they want to as opposed to what actually is...

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #282
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
nah hov is the GOAT fam....nas is cold too but hov>>>>>>
 02-04-2011, 12:50 PM         #283
phillyCANNON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas has more classics. He's more lyrical. Nas > Jay

I f**k with Jay, though - he just ain't seeing Nas, lyrically.
 7 years ago '05        #284
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,881 | Props total: 8398 8398
really didnt feel like posting again but f**k it
 HotepSuns said:
homie...there isn't one major label that would allow an album to come out under it's umbrella without some kind of publicity stunt...that just makes no business sense what so ever...and i defy you to show me proof otherwise....

every time an artist drop their aim is to sell records...that doesn't mean that the thoughts are any less genuine,or purpose behind the thoughts...and how is noting a difference back tracking?...should he not note the difference he see's just to keep saying hip hop is dead??............
maybe because i was a PR major in school i cant say that "every album" is a publicity stunt (not saying that makes me right, but was taught differently then that), but to each his own, i just dont agree i'll leave it at that

who said they had to believe it,or did believe it?...that was never the point anyhow...the discussion,and hopefully attempt at doing better was all that mattered...you're talking like nas's intent was to have everyone scream hip hop is dead,and be done with hip hop...which again for anyone that listened to the album knows that's nonsense..or even paid attention to any number of interviews he did..
what do you mean thats not the point, that was MY point and all i was saying, once again i didnt say it was the end of the world because of it but its my opinion. and i didnt say anything about nas' intent for the album

When I say 'hip-hop is dead', basically America is dead. There is no political voice. Music is dead ... Our way of thinking is dead, our commerce is dead. Everything in this society has been done. It's like a slingshot, where you throw the muthaf**ka back and it starts losing speed and is about to fall down. That's where we are as a country ... what I mean by 'hip-hop is dead' is we're at a vulnerable state. If we don't change, we gonna disappear like Rome. I think hip-hop could help rebuild America, once hip-hoppers own hip-hop ... We are our own politicians, our own government, we have something to say.[5]
—Nas

" Nas said that he chose "Hip Hop Is Dead" as the title of the album in order to engender excitement and a reaction among hip hop artists. He went on to say that it worked, due to reactions from artists like Lil Wayne and Kanye West."
yeah because he's just going to come out and say its a publicity stunt , you can believe what you want to believe. i'll believe that he titled the album for attention, that doesnt mean you have to

i'm just at the point where i believe people don't pay attenton,and hear,and see what they want to as opposed to what actually is...

i think the problem is more so people paying attention, hearing, and seeing what other people want them to then paying attention, hearing, and seeing for themselves and conjuring up there own perspective

ill make MY point just to make it clear because it seems as though its not. nas imo entitled his album what he did as a publicity stunt, and it worked. it got people talking about something that they may not necessarily believe because one of their favorite rappers said it. do i know this as fact or can i pull up some poll as you put it, no (nor did i say i did), but it is my opinion

thats ALL im saying, please stop saying that im saying im talking like this or that or giving negative connotation or whatever else you're saying because this was my whole premise and this is all i really said in the initial post that sparked this conversation. im not saying its the end of the world or that its a bad thing, or really that i even care which makes me more frustrated that im even going in depth with this because i really dont, but it is something i feel happen

now thats really the last post because i actually have to leave
 02-04-2011, 12:59 PM         #285
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
really didnt feel like posting again but f**k it

maybe because i was a PR major in school i cant say that "every album" is a publicity stunt (not saying that makes me right, but was taught differently then that), but to each his own, i just dont agree i'll leave it at that

what do you mean thats not the point, that was MY point and all i was saying, once again i didnt say it was the end of the world because of it but its my opinion. and i didnt say anything about nas' intent for the album

yeah because he's just going to come out and say its a publicity stunt , you can believe what you want to believe. i'll believe that he titled the album for attention, that doesnt mean you have to

i think the problem is more so people paying attention, hearing, and seeing what other people want them to then paying attention, hearing, and seeing for themselves and conjuring up there own perspective

ill make MY point just to make it clear because it seems as though its not. nas imo entitled his album what he did as a publicity stunt, and it worked. it got people talking about something that they may not necessarily believe because one of their favorite rappers said it. do i know this as fact or can i pull up some poll as you put it, no (nor did i say i did), but it is my opinion

thats ALL im saying, please stop saying that im saying im talking like this or that or giving negative connotation or whatever else you're saying because this was my whole premise and this is all i really said in the initial post that sparked this conversation. im not saying its the end of the world or that its a bad thing, or really that i even care which makes me more frustrated that im even going in depth with this because i really dont, but it is something i feel happen

now thats really the last post because i actually have to leave

now i'm even more confused...you have no basis for why you believe this...you just do....

hey if it works for you my dude...
 7 years ago '05        #286
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
now i'm even more confused...you have no basis for why you believe this...you just do....

hey if it works for you my dude...
which is why i said 15 post ago to go our separate ways because i dont understand what you're saying either, all your doing is implying i said a bunch of stuff i didnt and we're both talking in circles and its something i dont really care about. it seems as though you take nas' words as gospel instead of taking a step back to observe the situation. its fine that you believe nas, but excuse me if im more skeptical.

but if it works for you
 02-04-2011, 01:16 PM         #287
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
which is why i said 15 post ago to go our separate ways because i dont understand what you're saying either, all your doing is implying i said a bunch of stuff i didnt and we're both talking in circles and its something i dont really care about. it seems as though you take nas' words as gospel instead of taking a step back to observe the situation. its fine that you believe nas, but excuse me if im more skeptical.

but if it works for you

i'm skeptical when there is a REASON to be skeptical...i'm not just skeptical of things for no reason what so ever...i don't typically run into people who just say things with no basis for them...you'll have to forgive me...
 7 years ago '05        #288
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
i'm skeptical when there is a REASON to be skeptical...i'm not just skeptical of things for no reason what so ever...i don't typically run into people who just say things with no basis for them...you'll have to forgive me...
no disrespect but I don't give a f**k whether you agree with me nor would i expect you to. You ride for nas, that's cool, but I see things from a different view, it is what it is
 02-04-2011, 02:22 PM         #289
Satire 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
stop it...he did that "hip hop is dead" bit as a publicity stunt to sell his album, and people bought into it. hip hop was never dead, nor was it dieing, and it definitely wasnt dieing just because nas said so (and NO ONE was saying that dumb s**t until nas said it)
It wasn't so sell his album cause his album barely sold. It went gold after a while and stopped there. It most definitely was dying. That was 2006 when all that down south snap music was getting popular. Worst state I've ever seen hip-hop in. He coined the term, but we all knew hiphop was going down the drain.
 7 years ago '07        #290
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 D.S.O.M. said:
Because he was innovative in that style of rap. It may not be impressive to you now because everybody has copied it and ran it into the ground. He was able to take the struggles of street life and mixed it with lyricism plus make it accessible commercially. CLASSIC.
so mobb deep, Nas, Pac, BIG etc weren't able to do that huh?

what was so new about his formula? you saying Nas, PAC, and the Old Mobb Deep weren't lyrical on their Discs that CAME OUT BEFORE RD....those records didn't talk about street life???

RD is one of the most overrated/hyped cds of all time
 7 years ago '07        #291
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
Illmatic takes a big donkey kong s**t on Reasonable doubt..........however Ready to Die.........well that is the epitome of most of Black New York in the 90's.......so why is this even a debate
EXACTLY

what the f**k is so innovative about RD when other rappers were talking about the same s**t and being lyrical? camel warriors love to over hype this s**t
 02-04-2011, 04:06 PM         #292
100 Rounds 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas all day everyday
 7 years ago '05        #293
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Reasonable Doubt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Illmatic, It was Written and Ready to Die.
 7 years ago '09        #294
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,226 | Props total: 19336 19336
i actually think jay flow > nas

Nas illmatic flow maybe better than jay flow but Jay is more versatile with his flow but overall i think Nas is better
 7 years ago '09        #295
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,226 | Props total: 19336 19336
 Mr. Snowman said:
EXACTLY

what the f**k is so innovative about RD when other rappers were talking about the same s**t and being lyrical? camel warriors love to over hype this s**t
seems like you still didn't get RD listen to it again and listen to the lyrics s**t was different than raekwon and nas mafioso rap
 7 years ago '07        #296
space
space
 JoeyTheGod said:
cool story.

but nobody cares what u think.
:dancingcool:

SOMEONE IS MAD!?

and clearly they do agree with me look at the poll

7 years ago '07        #297
space
space
 D.S.O.M. said:
i'm just trying to be clear here....

you make a thread at least once a month comparing Jay-z to somebody and try to discredit him cause you know it'll get replies then you turn around and praise em the next month

Feb.

last month you liked Jay-z

Jan.
You talk about how great his book is, which is based on his Lyrics but you say he's overrated

the month before I guess u didnt like him as much

you say he's top 20 here
DEC.

then you say he's top 10 here

I Like jay. BUT HE IS OVERRATED, and no i dont make a comparison thread with him once a month...I've made the Em vs Jay and this one. Hes Top 20 to me i must have just been bumping one of his albums and been high as f**k when i said he was top ten.

and yeah decoded was tight as hell my mom got it for me on Christmas :dancingcool:

02-04-2011, 04:48 PM         #298
100 Rounds 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.S.O.M. said:
i'm just trying to be clear here....

you make a thread at least once a month comparing Jay-z to somebody and try to discredit him cause you know it'll get replies then you turn around and praise em the next month

Feb.

last month you liked Jay-z

Jan.
You talk about how great his book is, which is based on his Lyrics but you say he's overrated

the month before I guess u didnt like him as much

you say he's top 20 here
DEC.

then you say he's top 10 here

why does it matter who he likes?
 7 years ago '07        #299
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,576 | Props total: 5261 5261
The never ending battle..........Hov Vs. Nas.....
 7 years ago '07        #300
space
space
 Verse said:
The never ending battle..........Hov Vs. Nas.....
I think the Poll says otherwise
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
113 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
77 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy