I mean what the f'k are you dudes on? ...Nas >>> Jay

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
2 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

?
Nas 158 72.81%
Jay 59 27.19%
Voters: 217. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 02-04-2011, 10:31 AM         #261
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lyrically Nas is Better the Jay..........as far as commerical success........ehhhh
 02-04-2011, 10:34 AM         #262
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.S.O.M. said:
Because he was innovative in that style of rap. It may not be impressive to you now because everybody has copied it and ran it into the ground. He was able to take the struggles of street life and mixed it with lyricism plus make it accessible commercially. CLASSIC.
Illmatic takes a big donkey kong s**t on Reasonable doubt..........however Ready to Die.........well that is the epitome of most of Black New York in the 90's.......so why is this even a debate
 7 years ago '05        #263
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,885 | Props total: 8410 8410
 Satire said:
lol well, when everyone is on ur a.ss about it and wont leave u alone, might as well say its coming back to life. but in essence its true. hiphop is starting to gain momentum again, as opposed to when everything was ringtone music and dance music. dudes like Lupe, J Cole, Blu, Sha Stimuli, and Fashawn are doing their thing and theyre really bringing it back. sure most of those dudes arent very popular but theyre doing something good for hip-hop
stop it...he did that "hip hop is dead" bit as a publicity stunt to sell his album, and people bought into it. hip hop was never dead, nor was it dieing, and it definitely wasnt dieing just because nas said so (and NO ONE was saying that dumb s**t until nas said it)
 02-04-2011, 10:38 AM         #264
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cool story.

but nobody cares what u think.
 7 years ago '06        #265
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
$5,859 | Props total: 143 143
Jayz = $$$$$

Nas = 3yrs ago...
 02-04-2011, 10:41 AM         #266
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nkflier54 said:
Notice how he was stumblin over his words and backtrackin when he was approached about it and how now he's saying hip hop isn't dead

you clearly didn't listen to the hip hop is dead album...primarily the last track...
 7 years ago '05        #267
space
space
 Mr. Snowman said:
Dont get me wrong i like Jay but his fans overate his music

his longevity is dope and so is his flow

but is lyrics are average, hes released a couple EPICALLY WHACK albums, and i really dont like his delivery on some songs

and RD.....WHY IS THIS ALBUM SO f**kING AMAZING. ITS dope, Devils, dead presidents, Politics as Usual, Can I Live, Regrets are all sick.

but the production is nothing special and there are a few songs i dont like (especially Aint No n*gga)
every fan overrates his/her favorite rapper's music

em fans do it
nas fans do it
cam fans do it
max b fans do it
etc

you can go on all day. lyrics are average? and i think dsom did a good job explaining RD
 02-04-2011, 10:44 AM         #268
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
stop it...he did that "hip hop is dead" bit as a publicity stunt to sell his album, and people bought into it. hip hop was never dead, nor was it dieing, and it definitely wasnt dieing just because nas said so (and NO ONE was saying that dumb s**t until nas said it)

tons of rappers have said that....i.e. common,and dre 3000....

you people really need to stop making up s**t..
 7 years ago '05        #269
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
tons of rappers have said that....i.e. common,and dre 3000....

you people really need to stop making up s**t..
when i was saying no one i was referring to fans that just jump on that wagon (i.e. when i said people bought into it), but uh...ok

Last edited by StateProperty88; 02-04-2011 at 10:54 AM..
 7 years ago '09        #270
EnricoChiesa 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,420 | Props total: 762 762
its true indeed

nice to see the poll with Nas winning by a landslide last time i remeber this poll being taken Jay won but that was when NIKE & co was stanning hard

Last edited by EnricoChiesa; 02-04-2011 at 10:55 AM..
 02-04-2011, 10:54 AM         #271
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
when i was saying no on i was referring to fans that just jump on that wagon (i.e. when i said people bought into it), but uh...ok

my g...tons of fans have BEEN saying that...there recently have been threads on this site with people from the mid 90's claiming that hip hop was dying...it's honestly nothing new within hip hop.....

if jay had said hip hop was dead there would have been no backlash...the same way there was no backlash when he made "death of autotune"....
 7 years ago '05        #272
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
my g...tons of fans have BEEN saying that...there recently have been threads on this site with people from the mid 90's claiming that hip hop was dying...it's honestly nothing new within hip hop.....

if jay had said hip hop was dead there would have been no backlash...the same way there was no backlash when he made "death of autotune"....
firstly if jay named his album "hip hop is dead" people would call it what it is a publicity stunt, it is what it is. and "death of autotune" is different in the fact that he didnt come at the whole genre...so what would make you think there would be as much backlash? thats common sense. and the two main guys that use autotune, wayne and kanye, jay said he thought it was cool when they used it basically backtracking as soon as he dropped the single, that s**t was a publicity stunt too...and go figure it was his first single and he first performed it at summerjam

and you keep trying to make the minority the majority. are we going to really sit here and say that the amount of people that started saying hip hop is dead AFTER nas started saying it didnt spike exponentially as compared to the amount of people saying it before, then we can just end this conversation now and agree to disagree
 02-04-2011, 11:16 AM         #273
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
firstly if jay named his album "hip hop is dead" people would call it what it is a publicity stunt, it is what it is. and "death of autotune" is different in the fact that he didnt come at the whole genre...so what would make you think there would be as much backlash? thats common sense. and the two main guys that use autotune, wayne and kanye, jay said he thought it was cool when they used it basically backtracking as soon as he dropped the single, that s**t was a publicity stunt too...and go figure it was his first single and he first performed it at summerjam

and you keep trying to make the minority the majority. are we going to really sit here and say that the amount of people that started saying hip hop is dead AFTER nas started saying it didnt spike exponentially as compared to the amount of people saying it before, then we can just end this conversation now and agree to disagree

how is it a publicity stunt?....jay said exactly what everyone was feeling at the time...he just had the balls,and clout to put it on wax....the same as nas....he named his album hip hop is dead to make a POINT...a very valid point...that for anyone who actually listened to the album instead of jumping out the window over the title like only an ignorant person would do..would have understood the points he was making....nevermind the fact he explained them quite coherently in interviews prior to the album dropping....so the controversey behind the album title was more peoples defense mechanisms firing off....that tends to happen when people start to self evaluate

how would you know whether,or not it spiked?...did you do a poll?...you didn't even know people were discussing it BEFORE nas even dropped the hip hop is dead album..so how are you someone who could honestly distinguish a difference before,or after anyhow???...of course people discussed this a lot when nas's album came out..it wasn't just everyone screaming hip hop is dead...it lead to an open ended debate on where hip hop is,and where it was headed...which was HEALTHY.....
 7 years ago '05        #274
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
how is it a publicity stunt?....jay said exactly what everyone was feeling at the time...he just had the balls,and clout to put it on wax....the same as nas....he named his album hip hop is dead to make a POINT...a very valid point...that for anyone who actually listened to the album instead of jumping out the window over the title like only an ignorant person would do..would have understood the points he was making....nevermind the fact he explained them quite coherently in interviews prior to the album dropping....so the controversey behind the album title was more peoples defense mechanisms firing off....that tends to happen when people start to self evaluate

how would you know whether,or not it spiked?...did you do a poll?...you didn't even know people were discussing it BEFORE nas even dropped the hip hop is dead album..so how are you someone who could honestly distinguish a difference before,or after anyhow???...of course people discussed this a lot when nas's album came out..it wasn't just everyone screaming hip hop is dead...it lead to an open ended debate on where hip hop is,and where it was headed...which was HEALTHY.....
it was a publicity stunt it was something that was made to attract the attention of the public for the his purpose which is what a publicity stunt is. 50 says a lot of s**t that people agrees with, but that doesnt change the fact that most of the time that he says it is during a publicity stunt. im not saying that he doesnt believe what he saying, im saying that he brought it to the forefront for more reasons then just his belief of it (i.e. attention or publicity)

and once again if you dont agree about what i said about the number of people saying it then we can just go our separate ways and agree to disagree
 02-04-2011, 11:34 AM         #275
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
it was a publicity stunt it was something that was made to attract the attention of the public for the his purpose which is what a publicity stunt is. 50 says a lot of s**t that people agrees with, but that doesnt change the fact that most of the time that he says it is during a publicity stunt. im not saying that he doesnt believe what he saying, im saying that he brought it to the forefront for more reasons then just his belief of it (i.e. attention or publicity)

and once again if you dont agree about what i said about the number of people saying it then we can just go our separate ways and agree to disagree

every album is a publicity stunt....you're using publicity stunt as a negative connotation...not as the literal meaning...otherwise there would be no point to even say it was a publicity stunt...

how can we agree,or disagree about the number of people saying it when neither one of us have any empirical data to back it one way or the other?...and what difference does it make anyhow?...i'm missing what point you're trying to make..
 7 years ago '05        #276
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
every album is a publicity stunt....you're using publicity stunt as a negative connotation...not as the literal meaning...otherwise there would be no point to even say it was a publicity stunt...

how can we agree,or disagree about the number of people saying it when neither one of us have any empirical data to back it one way or the other?...and what difference does it make anyhow?...i'm missing what point you're trying to make..
how did i use it as a negative connotation? because i was referring to nas? all i said was that it was a publicity stunt and that it worked. although i wont say every album is a publicity stunt, i will say a lot of artist use publicity stunts to draw attention to their album (i dont think its a coincidence that "hip hop is dead" was his first no. 1 album since "I Am".)

and if it doesnt matter to you then why are you continuing to talk about it? my point was simple...people werent talking about "hip hop is dead" like they were after nas released that album. and im not surprised that he backtracked later after the album released because the purpose of saying it was served
 7 years ago '09        #277
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
All of that is opinion, but J wins where it really matters. Beyonce is a bad a.ss b**ch while Nas is paying child support to a part goat part woman. Also Nas is so superior to J that he decided to make J his boss just because he felt sorry for him.
 02-04-2011, 12:03 PM         #278
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
how did i use it as a negative connotation? because i was referring to nas? all i said was that it was a publicity stunt and that it worked. although i wont say every album is a publicity stunt, i will say a lot of artist use publicity stunts to draw attention to their album (i dont think its a coincidence that "hip hop is dead" was his first no. 1 album since "I Am".)

and if it doesnt matter to you then why are you continuing to talk about it? my point was simple...people werent talking about "hip hop is dead" like they were after nas released that album. and im not surprised that he backtracked later after the album released because the purpose of saying it was served

because EVERY album is a publicity stunt...you can't be on a major record label,and not have your album not be a publicity stunt...that's hustling backwards...so typically when people say "that's a publicity stunt" it has a negative connotation behind it...otherwise again....it's redundant to say...

the simple meaning of publicity stunt..

"A publicity stunt is a planned event designed to attract the public's attention to the event's organizers or their cause. Publicity stunts can be professionally organized or set up by amateurs.[3] Such events are frequently utilized by advertisers, celebrities, athletes, and politicians."

he never back tracked...he noted the improvement he saw AFTER the HEALTHY discussion that happened DUE to him dropping that album....the point of the album wasn't to bury hip hop....the point was to open peoples eyes to the fact that it's a culture,that requires love,creativity,and knowledge of....so when he started to see a difference he noted that difference....the purpose was served....people stepped their game up...

and i still don't get what difference it makes if more people were discussing the topic of hip hop dying after nas's album came out....
 7 years ago '09        #279
WiLL 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,927 | Props total: 192 192

nas is dope, idk why n*ggas hate.
def top 3 of all time.
 7 years ago '05        #280
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
because EVERY album is a publicity stunt...you can't be on a major record label,and not have your album not be a publicity stunt...that's hustling backwards...so typically when people say "that's a publicity stunt" it has a negative connotation behind it...otherwise again....it's redundant to say...

the simple meaning of publicity stunt..

"A publicity stunt is a planned event designed to attract the public's attention to the event's organizers or their cause. Publicity stunts can be professionally organized or set up by amateurs.[3] Such events are frequently utilized by advertisers, celebrities, athletes, and politicians."

he never back tracked...he noted the improvement he saw AFTER the HEALTHY discussion that happened DUE to him dropping that album....the point of the album wasn't to bury hip hop....the point was to open peoples eyes to the fact that it's a culture,that requires love,creativity,and knowledge of....so when he started to see a difference he noted that difference....the purpose was served....people stepped their game up...

and i still don't get what difference it makes if more people were discussing the topic of hip hop dying after nas's album came out....
every album isnt a publicity stunt, however the things that you are willing to do to sell that album can be publicity stunts and thats what i feel happen here. its not a crime, nor a big deal, but i feel him doing it was a publicity stunt and worked. and i never said he goal for the album was to bury hip hop, but i think the title of the album was to sell records. and its easy to say he didnt backtrack but he did

and i didnt say there was something wrong with more people discussing the topic, all i did was note that more people were talking about it after that album dropped and in my opinion people (not everyone) are discussing it more because nas said it then because they actually believed it (that may be the thing you have a problem with...not sure)

either way this will be my last post on this (at least for now), got to get ready for another 10 hour shift and dont want to spend the last free hour i have for the day debating nas/jay

Last edited by StateProperty88; 02-04-2011 at 12:26 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
75 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
37 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy