Good bye Blu Ray, hello Violet Ray in PS4?

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
86 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '06        #61
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,524 | Props total: 949 949
Id try to buy two ps4s at launch. eBay 1 keep 1
 7 years ago '04        #62
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 Hitzz said:
Wtf? Blu Ray already looks sharp and clear, How better (or worse) can it get?

4096×2160 resolution
 7 years ago '08        #63
606robin 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,683 | Props total: 3423 3423
Good Lord.......:(

I just finally found some games to play on my ps3 now this wait's for gamestop catch wind...
 07-27-2010, 08:26 PM         #64
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
you are probably in a tech nerd box and don't seem to understand that most people don't give a f**k about 1080p so it doesn't have to stream 1080p....therefore internet connections don't have to be ready to stream that high of quality

I hardly know anyone with a stand alone blu-ray player...if anyone has a blu-ray it's because it's on their PS3

the average person is still content with regular DVD quality movies

You must not be a tech nerd because if you were you'd know that most isp's are struggling to keep up with the amount of video being streamed now over just netflix and youtube. Our telecommunications infrastructure is as outdated and crumbled as our roads and bridges. We in America are toward the bottom end of the charts when it comes to quality and speed of internet.

As far as Blu-ray players goes, I know more people with standalone players than ps3's, tho I have both.
 7 years ago '04        #65
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 Apostrophe said:
You must not be a tech nerd because if you were you'd know that most isp's are struggling to keep up with the amount of video being streamed now over just netflix and youtube. Our telecommunications infrastructure is as outdated and crumbled as our roads and bridges. We in America are toward the bottom end of the charts when it comes to quality and speed of internet.

As far as Blu-ray players goes, I know more people with standalone players than ps3's, tho I have both.
I had both, but i figured it was a better investment to get another PS3 so I sold my BR player but I got 3 PS 3's now so I can watch Blu Ray or play Games and Stream a movie to any room in my house now without having to move the BR player to the bedroom or office, now im goo...
 7 years ago '05        #66
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
 Liquid-Science said:
you are probably in a tech nerd box and don't seem to understand that most people don't give a f**k about 1080p so it doesn't have to stream 1080p....therefore internet connections don't have to be ready to stream that high of quality

I hardly know anyone with a stand alone blu-ray player...if anyone has a blu-ray it's because it's on their PS3

the average person is still content with regular DVD quality movies
Really cause im pretty sure thats why Blu Ray and HDTVs sales keep going up because people dont give a f**k right?Anyone who isn't a f**king idiot and isn't broke will want the latest and greatest which right now 1080p maybe you hang around with broke people but I know plenty of people with both PS3s and standalone Blu Ray players. You do know that alot of service providers share the same bandwidth between neighborhoods(which by the way their struggling with and most people only use Netflix or Hulu) and if someone next to you is streaming something then your internet is gonna feel the slowdown. And considering the average of the US in speed is 9.88 Mbps then please do explain how an all digital content medium, meaning movies,video games, books, and music will work on this idiot.
 7 years ago '04        #67
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,772 | Props total: 251 251
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
Really cause im pretty sure thats why Blu Ray and HDTVs sales keep going up because people dont give a f**k right?Anyone who isn't a f**king idiot and isn't broke will want the latest and greatest which right now 1080p maybe you hang around with broke people but I know plenty of people with both PS3s and standalone Blu Ray players.
Not only that but as hard as 3d is being pushed these days, and people wanting the next best tech out. just like 1080 and bluray go together watch violent ray become the standard when 3d tvs become the norm, until something better hits.
 07-28-2010, 07:13 PM         #68
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption said:
not to mention there a bunch of people who are just fine with DVD quality. 700 MB>>>>>>>>>
Sure if the movie is only available in DVD rips (in which case I wouldn't settle for 700mb) or VHS/TV etc. But if a 720p + rip is available I wouldn't skip out on it.
 07-28-2010, 07:17 PM         #69
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hitzz said:
Wtf? Blu Ray already looks sharp and clear, How better (or worse) can it get?
Sharp and clear is a vague explanation, as far as numbers go the films are created in higher resolutions, much higher than BR.
 7 years ago '04        #70
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,209 | Props total: 2106 2106
 akademiks said:
I already have my home theater set up that way..

1) Download blu-ray rips
2) Buy a low-profile PC with an Nvidia chipset that can do 1080p without a graphics card
3) build a storage server with TBs of hard drive space
4) stream blu-rays via ethernet using XBMC as a front-end

I've got hundreds of blu-rays that are literally at my fingertips and load within 3 seconds each.

Never going to buy a movie again.
what happens if you lose connection or you hd fails? I have to have the physical disc in my possession.
 7 years ago '07        #71
SCRIP1ONER 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,374 | Props total: 66 66
bulls**t.. im starting to hate this new dvd format routine

its becoming pointless do we really need clearer picture every so and so years??? bluray is good enough imo .. if this happens i might never buy a dvd in my life again depending on how much of a difference violet ray actually is .. either way xvid format ftw
 07-29-2010, 01:40 PM         #72
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SCRIP1ONER said:
bulls**t.. im starting to hate this new dvd format routine

its becoming pointless do we really need clearer picture every so and so years??? bluray is good enough imo .. if this happens i might never buy a dvd in my life again depending on how much of a difference violet ray actually is .. either way xvid format ftw
Its all relative to what its being viewed on. Blu-ray is perfect for current 1080p sets, but 10 years from now if we have 4k sets in our houses then blu-ray wont cut it quality wise and we will need these bigger discs.
 7 years ago '04        #73
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
Really cause im pretty sure thats why Blu Ray and HDTVs sales keep going up because people dont give a f**k right?Anyone who isn't a f**king idiot and isn't broke will want the latest and greatest which right now 1080p maybe you hang around with broke people but I know plenty of people with both PS3s and standalone Blu Ray players. You do know that alot of service providers share the same bandwidth between neighborhoods(which by the way their struggling with and most people only use Netflix or Hulu) and if someone next to you is streaming something then your internet is gonna feel the slowdown. And considering the average of the US in speed is 9.88 Mbps then please do explain how an all digital content medium, meaning movies,video games, books, and music will work on this idiot.
if they don't want to go that route of tiered internet, there are these things called torrents...if they'd just distribute content like that, it'd be not nearly as much problem

and for the guy that said 'ahhh you're dumb if you don't want the best'...if that was the case, bootleg movies wouldn't be so popular and aXXo's 700mb dvd quality files wouldn't have been so popular...people are happy with it...whether it's dumb or not is not an issue, it's what the people want
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
132 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
44 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy