Good bye Blu Ray, hello Violet Ray in PS4?

most viewed right now
 125
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 111
vida guerra
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 98
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 95
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #21
Prince Ace 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$15,732 | Props total: 8921 8921
new stuff is commin out (pause) way to quick
 7 years ago '05        #22
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,733 | Props total: 2227 2227
What the f**k yo? I dont even own a blu ray player yet and now they talking bout Violet-ray?? i definetly agree with the people above me that said ps4 gonna be $999.99 plus tax and how the Blu Ray format still aint really break ground. That s**t is like the laser disk, that s**t aint last very long either. Im good with dvd 1080p upconvert, s**t aint breakin my pockets.
 7 years ago '09        #23
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$10,827 | Props total: 727 727
interesting
 07-24-2010, 10:42 PM         #24
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:
I already have my home theater set up that way..

1) Download blu-ray rips
2) Buy a low-profile PC with an Nvidia chipset that can do 1080p without a graphics card
3) build a storage server with TBs of hard drive space
4) stream blu-rays via ethernet using XBMC as a front-end

I've got hundreds of blu-rays that are literally at my fingertips and load within 3 seconds each.

Never going to buy a movie again.
This is the disconnect from reality we tech nerds tend to always fall pray to. We want everything only download-able or stream-able from the cloud because we have lightening fast internet connections, computers with terabyte drives and high end wireless home theater set ups. But some where along the line we lose touch with the fact that people like us prolly make up less than 5% of the population. We pay top tier prices for our quick internet speeds, most regular people have the cheapest, slowest internet connection their isp offers. They dont have MAS set ups. Where people like us are at now with our setups, mainstream America is 10-15 years behind that. Hell I know people who just are buying their first hd tv's. I know people that still use f**kin dial up to connect to the net. Yeah having everything only download-able and streaming is an awesome idea for us, but for a vast majority of people, its far from a practical reality and with the economy as f**ked as it is right now, a good majority of our country may never be able to afford that kinda setup.
 7 years ago '09        #25
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 57 57
:wow: Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow :wow:

50 got damn movies on 1 of those discs?!?!!!

:wow: Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow :wow:
 7 years ago '06        #26
Mr.Heismen 
space
avatar space
space
$3,163 | Props total: 7 7
expect game prices to jump to 90 and collectors additions to jump to 120
 7 years ago '04        #27
Rae 
space
avatar space
space
$1,315 | Props total: 319 319
aint gonna happen yet not even have of u.s has hdtv and blu ray will take 2 more years to overcome dvd so yeah probaby ps5 and ps sony has never had a sucessful medium, betamax fail,minidisc fail,umd fail,blu ray dont qoute me but wanst it panasonic tech and then they made some blu ray group or some sh#t
 7 years ago '04        #28
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 akademiks said:
Lets be real, do you honestly see Blu-ray as a serious long-term option when movies now are TENS Of terabytes each? When you STILL have to change discs to see different seasons or watch special features on some discs?
Which raw blu-ray rip is "tens of terabytes"?

Try like 40gb's raw, 7-8gb for 1080p compressed.


Last edited by hockeythug; 07-25-2010 at 01:33 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #29
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 2413 2413
 hockeythug said:
Which raw blu-ray rip is "tens of terabytes"?

Try like 40gb's raw, 7-8gb for 1080p compressed.
thanks cause that cat has no idea of what he is talking about...........

but yeah anyways... "Violet-Ray" sounds good and dandy BUT keep this in mind, a majority of people out there are not even up on Blu-Ray like that for various reasons either cause of the price or just do not have the tech knowledge as far as streaming mkv's or any other video formats for that matter basically not "in the know". i learned very fast that a lot of media consumers like their s**t fast food style (ala DVD) with out all the hassles or constant jumps when it comes to video formats.... DVD disc still move a s**t load of units and they are super cheap (fitting for the current state of our economy) Blu-Rays are nice no question but like i said a lot of people have not even begun playing catch up to that s**t yet. not to mention most standard dvd players nowadays got that "up convert" mode and it may not be true 1080p but hey it is good enough for their pockets....
 7 years ago '04        #30
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 2413 2413
 Apostrophe said:
This is the disconnect from reality we tech nerds tend to always fall pray to. We want everything only download-able or stream-able from the cloud because we have lightening fast internet connections, computers with terabyte drives and high end wireless home theater set ups. But some where along the line we lose touch with the fact that people like us prolly make up less than 5% of the population. We pay top tier prices for our quick internet speeds, most regular people have the cheapest, slowest internet connection their isp offers. They dont have MAS set ups. Where people like us are at now with our setups, mainstream America is 10-15 years behind that. Hell I know people who just are buying their first hd tv's. I know people that still use f**kin dial up to connect to the net. Yeah having everything only download-able and streaming is an awesome idea for us, but for a vast majority of people, its far from a practical reality and with the economy as f**ked as it is right now, a good majority of our country may never be able to afford that kinda setup.
 7 years ago '05        #31
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
avatar space
space
$43,460 | Props total: 25154 25154
Blu-Ray Havent Even Been Around That Long I Believe,I Be Damn These Muthaf**kas Moving Fast.
 7 years ago '04        #32
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
avatar space
space
$19,582 | Props total: 5283 5283
BL Movies ----> over your s**tty mkv files s
 7 years ago '04        #33
Fresh Beats 
space
avatar space
space
$1,268 | Props total: 1387 1387
I still have to explain what blu ray is to people in 2010. Even then people still wont buy it because of the price. I got my mom a bluray player for mothers day and she never watched a bluray on it, but she loves netflix on it. Sony might want to milk blu-ray and let it fully catch on until they release this so PS5 sounds right.
 7 years ago '06        #34
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
avatar space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
People act like if they come out with a violet ray or w/e that there wouldn't still be blue rays out there to buy. They still make DVDs, they're just much much cheaper now. This is how it goes with all new technologies, they phase it out by coming out with something "better" and that last generation of technology because much more available and cheaper.

I've had a ps3 for like 3 years now and just last week was the first time I even purchased a bluray without renting it and that's cuz they're cheap if you know where to buy them.
 7 years ago '04        #35
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,637 | Props total: 3165 3165
 slimgangsta18 said:
PS4 = $999.99 w/ tax
with taxes 1015.30 depending on the state
 7 years ago '04        #36
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 deziking said:
BL Movies ----> over your s**tty mkv files s
Have fun paying for those.

I'll continue to download blu-ray rips for free. MKV>______
 7 years ago '04        #37
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
 akademiks said:
I already have my home theater set up that way..

1) Download blu-ray rips
2) Buy a low-profile PC with an Nvidia chipset that can do 1080p without a graphics card
3) build a storage server with TBs of hard drive space
4) stream blu-rays via ethernet using XBMC as a front-end

I've got hundreds of blu-rays that are literally at my fingertips and load within 3 seconds each.

Never going to buy a movie again.
i do the same except i bought the wdtv live box and love it. i hook it up to my home server over ethernet and i have my entire collection at the click of a button.
 7 years ago '04        #38
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
 hockeythug said:
Have fun paying for those.

I'll continue to download blu-ray rips for free. MKV>______
exactly... he must not know there are TrueHD rips
 07-25-2010, 03:02 PM         #39
iQon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What's the point of droppin this anytime soon? Developers don't even know how to take advantage of Blu Ray and all the other s**t in the PS3.
 7 years ago '04        #40
OpeeFaSho 
space
avatar space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 2 2
 iQon said:
What's the point of droppin this anytime soon? Developers don't even know how to take advantage of Blu Ray and all the other s**t in the PS3.
Exactly. Closes game that comes close to it is Uncharted 2
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 52
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 51
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
90 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 22
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy