Irv Gotti co-signs Nicki Minaj - "She is as talented as Lauryn Hill"

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #141
angelo noel 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 1367 1367
Is Nicki Minaj better than Free?
 07-24-2010, 02:36 AM         #142
geovanni.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

yeah..okay.

[video - click to view]

07-24-2010, 03:30 AM         #143
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chameleonmarke said:
All of the greats have taken from past artists. Michael Jackson, Prince, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Madonna. ALL of them. Stop making excuses for your hate. You sound like you have no idea wtf you're talking about.
What hate??? This is how I know you don't even know who Lauryn Hill is... because thankfully and for all music fans out there, Nicki has been at least smart enough not to borrow or even tried to imitate someone with TALENT!

Matter fact... maybe that's why it was so much easier for NICKI to borrow from Lil Kim "Hardcore" because every b**ch after that has done it and has not been able to do anything else with it except just being a simple minded cheeseburger f**king hoe!

Lauryn Hill???

You can't imitate or duplicate someone that actually writes her songs, actually sings without a computer being by her side, puts thought into content, lyrics and story telling. And best of all... She doesn't exploit herself like a craigslist hooker, which by the way... Nicki is.

Nicki knew one thing about Lauryn Hill... You can always imitate a dummy... but you can't never imitate a genius.
 07-24-2010, 05:20 AM         #144
guncity2007  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
N I C K I >>>>

:dancingcool:
 07-24-2010, 07:24 AM         #145
A.O.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chameleonmarke said:
AKA: you have no reasonable response.

Nicki doesn't even have an album out yet. We've barely heard HER material.
ROFL! I heard of Nicki Minaj that if she got shot dead today, I wouldnt give 2 s**ts..
 7 years ago '04        #146
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
talented as lauryn hill

07-24-2010, 07:34 AM         #147
A.O.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I mean you n*ggas is here getting hyped.. off the n*gga that made Ja Rule, and Ashanti..

LOL.. Ashanti cant sing, and neither could the Cookie monster..

But go head listening to IRV, you see how The Inc is doing..ROFL!!!, he knows alot about talent..

Signing and R&B Singer that can sing..

Last edited by A.O.; 07-24-2010 at 07:36 AM..
 7 years ago '08        #148
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,758 | Props total: 9013 9013
I have never heard of Nicki Minaj, who is she?
 07-24-2010, 07:44 AM         #149
YoungGQ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how's about we let the broad put an album out first, Irv?
 7 years ago '09        #150
kingstown04 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,543 | Props total: 87 87
 5_star_smitty said:
i'm done with arguing with nicki stans. gonna keep calm & cool.
in all seriousness, listen to this again 1 more time & then think to yourself if that question u asked was warranted.

[pic - click to view]

this....
 7 years ago '04        #151
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,967 | Props total: 210 210
"She is as talented as Lauryn Hill"

translation = Yea fans, my name is Irv Gotti and I got head from Nicki and enjoyed it.
 07-24-2010, 10:01 AM         #152
chameleonmarke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigbarcelona said:
What hate??? This is how I know you don't even know who Lauryn Hill is... because thankfully and for all music fans out there, Nicki has been at least smart enough not to borrow or even tried to imitate someone with TALENT!

Matter fact... maybe that's why it was so much easier for NICKI to borrow from Lil Kim "Hardcore" because every b**ch after that has done it and has not been able to do anything else with it except just being a simple minded cheeseburger f**king hoe!

Lauryn Hill???

You can't imitate or duplicate someone that actually writes her songs, actually sings without a computer being by her side, puts thought into content, lyrics and story telling. And best of all... She doesn't exploit herself like a craigslist hooker, which by the way... Nicki is.

Nicki knew one thing about Lauryn Hill... You can always imitate a dummy... but you can't never imitate a genius.
LOL @ asking "What hate?" then making a dumbass post like that. You automatically expose the intentions of your post as partisan when you start making s**t up and speaking on things you know nothing about.

Nicki doesn't write?? False. You better ask ASCAP. #FAIL

Borrows from "Hardcore"?? She hasn't done anything remotely silimar (other than a wig, ooOOoOo!) since 2008. #FAIL

No content, thought in lyrics, or storytelling. LMAO you've obviously only heard her features...and since that's the case - shut you mouth. #FAIL

Doesn't borrow from people with talent?? Nicki has cited Lauryn Hill as basically her NUMBER ONE INFLUENCE. You just basically said L Boogie has no talent and just s**tted on your own post. Now you know that's a #FAIL

Your attempt to come in and hate. #FAIL

Last edited by chameleonmarke; 07-24-2010 at 10:30 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #153
ONESUN187 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,307 | Props total: 592 592
irv gotti wouldnt know talent if it fell on his f**king lap this guy is clueless.who he signed recently that blew up.you cant take guys like this seriously he`s only saying hoping he can get a nicki feature for one of his artist.that`s what that`s all about.
 07-24-2010, 11:20 AM         #154
chameleonmarke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ONESUN187 said:
irv gotti wouldnt know talent if it fell on his f**king lap this guy is clueless.who he signed recently that blew up.you cant take guys like this seriously he`s only saying hoping he can get a nicki feature for one of his artist.that`s what that`s all about.
How many new rappers hand picked by big-name rap producers or rapper/label owners have blown up recently, period? That's barely how the rap industry works anymore. This isn't 1999. You do know Irv is the man who gave us DMX right?
 7 years ago '05        #155
ONESUN187 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,307 | Props total: 592 592
and you consider dmx talent?i love dmx but there isnt a single shred of talent in that man.he blew up because the corporate labels spent millions selling his image to children so they can get brainwashed by hearing his f**king songs played 100 times everyday.which is exactly how nicki and drake have become succesfull all these millions spent to market them.eminem on the other hand barely needs airplay anymore he sells off of the strengh of his talent alone.nicki minaj if she is talented she is not showing it through her music at all period.

Last edited by ONESUN187; 07-24-2010 at 11:33 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #156
Kiss The Stick 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,312 | Props total: 11 11
if nicki minaj cant get white people to buy her album she's finished, and will flop!
 07-24-2010, 11:58 AM         #157
chameleonmarke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ONESUN187 said:
and you consider dmx talent?i love dmx but there isnt a single shred of talent in that man.
Wooooow......I shouldn't even take you seriously at all after that, but let's continue.

ONESUN187 said:
he blew up because the corporate labels spent millions selling his image to children so they can get brainwashed by hearing his f**king songs played 100 times everyday.
Uuuuh...no. Other than a couple songs, DMX was not a big airplay artist AT ALL. The man has NEVER EVEN HAD A TOP 20. EVER. Stop a.ssuming s**t when you don't know the facts.

ONESUN187 said:
which is exactly how nicki and drake have become succesfull all these millions spent to market them.
Right...because they have absolutely no following, no fanbase, and haven't branded themselves in the slightest. They aren't Flo Rida and Pitbull - rappers who've gotten massive airplay yet can't even hit 60k first week

ONESUN187 said:
eminem on the other hand barely needs airplay anymore he sells off of the strengh of his talent alone.nicki minaj if she is talented she is not showing it through her music at all period.
No...he sells off of the loyal fanbase he's built over the past decade and digital downloads. How else do you think a s**tty song like Crack A Bottle hit #1?? LOL @ Crack A Bottle being talent and DMX having none. A f**king joke.
 07-24-2010, 12:01 PM         #158
chameleonmarke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kiss The Stick said:
if nicki minaj cant get white people to buy her album she's finished, and will flop!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata&v=qpmykC_fF-M
 7 years ago '04        #159
Kiss The Stick 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,312 | Props total: 11 11
 chameleonmarke said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata&v=qpmykC_fF-M
that was pretty funny nicki what have u done
 7 years ago '05        #160
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2

[pic - click to view]

Yall people talking this s**t waaaaaaaaaaay to serious

This is HIS opinion, you don't have to agree with it. Some of you guys are taking what he said waaaay out of context.

Matter of fact I think some of you guys refuse to give Nicki any credit because of her fans on Boxden (which is understandable)

So instead you guys just hate and nit pick at stupid little things to belittle her.

Like how do you deny that she has a following, and that in past couple of months she has blown up and is still rising?

I still think that all he was trying to say is that Nicki can venture in to some of the things Lauryn did when she was active...in terms of entertainment. She may not do it as well as Lauryn but she will be able to do it nonetheless and become a star based off similar traits.

You know these damn celebs always be wording s**t wrong, and then like a week later after the backlash you see them send out a public apology or whatever trying to make good and justify what they said.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now