Amare Stoudemire = worst FA pickup in NBA history?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-21-2010, 01:03 PM         #61
Vincent Vega  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
first of all he hasn't even played a damn game!

second of all he will NEVER be the worst when ELTON BRAND is playing for my team with his astronomical contract.
 07-21-2010, 01:04 PM         #62
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yes, because only a three point shot is a bad attempt/decision, way to go genius.
 7 years ago '04        #63
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,505 | Props total: 6448 6448
 iggyemu said:
The mere fact that people are just figuring out that he is a system player and one that needs a strong PnR PG is baffling. Its like some of you live under a rock or something. That being said...how is it a bad signing if he is in the system for him and has a good PnR PG to play with. Granted Felton will miss a lot of openings that Nash usually found and Amare's numbers will dip a bit but all in all it'll work out because Amare has one skill that's very rare in the NBA and that's the ability to catch and finish in traffic. And teams can't foul him like they would Howard b/c Amare can make FTs.

The Knicks did well b/c they found a guy that flourishes in their system and Amare did well for only considering the two systems he could flourish in...PHX and NYK.
exactly! Amare is in his prime and still young unlike how Webber was when he returned to GS. I think Amare will do fine.
 7 years ago '06        #64
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 TheBallDontLie said:
Yes, because only a three point shot is a bad attempt/decision, way to go genius.
What's gotten you so riled up today?

That biggest knock on Harrington was that he played hot potato with the basket and not his teammates, always settling and never looking for the better shot. As much as he hurt us on offense and stunting the growth of our younger players, he rarely contributed on the defensive end either.

Harrington and Nate both played with heart, but they were two of the most selfish players this team has seen since Mo Taylor.

Of course AR is going to make mistakes, the kid just turned 21...for all his mistakes, he can easily erase them on the defensive end.
 7 years ago '06        #65
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
stat signing has some potential to blow up in thier face, but at least NY made some noise in the offseason.... can't put all your eggs in a basket with the 2011 FA class.....

bigs tend to loose a step of thier athletic ability after 30 and stat isn't the most crafty cat in the world to make up for it.....NY doesn't have that tree center, to clean up for him being a lazy rebounder at times either....have the risk of him staying healthy as well

curious to see how AR pans out thier......either nelson seen enough red flags, or is a drunkin idiot, like a lot of people are saying....KA was a solid pick up though in that trade

from hearing AL's interview after signing with denver, made it seem like NY couldn't wait to rid themsleves of him lol
 07-21-2010, 01:22 PM         #66
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
What's gotten you so riled up today?

That biggest knock on Harrington was that he played hot potato with the basket and not his teammates, always settling and never looking for the better shot. As much as he hurt us on offense and stunting the growth of our younger players, he rarely contributed on the defensive end either.

Harrington and Nate both played with heart, but they were two of the most selfish players this team has seen since Mo Taylor.

Of course AR is going to make mistakes, the kid just turned 21...for all his mistakes, he can easily erase them on the defensive end.
You say "selfish" I say willing to make things happen instead of watching Duhon try to force feed PnR when it isn't there, Will standing on the corner, Jared self-explanatory and we know Gallo biggest flaw is putting the ball on the floor to create his own shot. The 3x slam dunk contest champion actually looked to setup our best shooter more than "our" pure point guard, its more coaching fault why we didn't let Robinson develop at that position. Nate is so selfish he prove he can play with a championship caliber team.

Judging by history players like AR don't pan out like they should. I just find it laughable how you throw the other guys under the bus for giving it their all, but praise dudes like overrated overpaid Amar'e (doesn't give any effort on D) who we'll be hoping in three years doesn't get washed up or knees give in. We just honestly got lucky GS doing that sign and trade with us.

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 07-21-2010 at 01:27 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #67
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,732 | Props total: 11628 11628
 Ldogg310 said:
you sound like a nit pickin lil b**ch tho bruh

you know what i meant I aint specifically say he averaged 20/10 i said basically 20/10 which mean around 20/10

and 14/9 can be considered in the area of 20/10

dunno why you actin like a b**ch about it tho

my whole point was the pau trade turned out fair for both sides and it did get the f**k over it. bitter a.ss never won s**t phoenix fans always gotta nit pick
Me saying you cant do basic math is acting like a b**ch :rolleyes:

averaging 14.3 and 9 is not around 20 and 10 Im not even talkin about the actual trade im talkin about you tryin to cheat math.. :lachen001: @ this n*gga tryin to skew numbers to make it look like the Grizz got someone like Tim Duncan
 7 years ago '06        #68
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
You say "selfish" I say willing to make things happen instead of watching Duhon try to force feed PnR when it isn't there, Will standing on the corner, Jared self-explanatory and we know Gallo biggest flaw is putting the ball on the floor to create his own shot. The 3x slam dunk contest actually look to setup our best shooter more than "our" pure point guard, its more coaching fault why we didn't let Robinson develop at that position. Nate is so selfish he prove he can play with a championship caliber team.

Judging by history players like AR don't pan out like they should. I just find it laughable how you throw the other guys under the bus, but praise dudes like overrated overpaid Amar'e who'll be hoping in three years get washed up or knees give in.
My oh my...so much fail in one post, I don't even know where to begin.
 07-21-2010, 01:30 PM         #69
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
My oh my...so much fail in one post, I don't even know where to begin.
In other words you are saying. "Oh my, i don't know what to say. He got me good" I don't know where to begin.
 7 years ago '06        #70
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
In other words you are saying. "Oh my, i don't know what to say. He got me good" I don't know where to begin.

If "got me good" meant "made me feel dumber by reading it", then yes...you "got me good".
 07-21-2010, 01:43 PM         #71
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

If "got me good" meant "made me feel dumber by reading it", then yes...you "got me good".
Words of man who accepts defeat with trying to down play it.

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #72
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
Gracias for the Spanish version, this will help me practice.
 7 years ago '07        #73
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
14 cant be rounded to 20...sorry.

9 can be rounded to 10 though
 7 years ago '07        #74
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]

[video - click to view]

:wow:
 7 years ago '05        #75
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
Can't be the worse pick up when it pretty much put them on the radar too land Chris Paul and Carmelo next season..

Might wind up being the best pick up next too Miami's big 3.. It all starts with Amar'e.
 7 years ago '04        #76
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 Ldogg310 said:
you sound like a nit pickin lil b**ch tho bruh

you know what i meant I aint specifically say he averaged 20/10 i said basically 20/10 which mean around 20/10

and 14/9 can be considered in the area of 20/10

dunno why you actin like a b**ch about it tho

my whole point was the pau trade turned out fair for both sides and it did get the f**k over it. bitter a.ss never won s**t phoenix fans always gotta nit pick
dude 14 and 9 is no where close to 20 and 10

20 and 10 will get you to the hof is you average that for your career

14 and 9 will not get you to a all star game...at least it shouldn't
 7 years ago '06        #77
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,532 | Props total: 6779 6779
where u idiots at
 7 years ago '07        #78
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 ElMarroAfamado said:
he is not the worst pickup ever.....i think he can contribute in Dantonis system.....
he aint going to be the player he was though....he is going to miss Nash
 cheguevara said:
these the same n*ggas who was hyped about getting lebron to come to ny

btw no, this is no where near the worst fa...not close..tho amare isnt s**t without another star like nash. ny'ers will see
 BabyBatterBoy said:
chill out with the worst fa pickup in history. not even close but i don't think picking him up will do much for the knicks. they will be on the outside looking in. nash made him look much better than he really is.

TS go commit that
 7 years ago '08        #79
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 272 272

prolly the same knick fans talkin mad s**t in the nyk/bulls thread
 7 years ago '05        #80
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 4760 4760
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy