HELP! I am very inflexible lower Body..

most viewed right now
 266
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 88
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 80
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 64
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
202 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #1
7012 pageviews
16 comments


I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1872 1872
HELP! I am very inflexible lower Body..
 

 
What are some good stretches that will help me be more flexible with my legs?

I have bad posture, I been slouching most of my life.

My legs are really skinny and I can't do squats right without feeling tension.

I would like to be able to do splits more easily.

16 comments for "HELP! I am very inflexible lower Body.."

 07-20-2010, 01:06 AM         #2
PUA Lifestyle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yoga?
 7 years ago '06        #3
realgunta 703 heat pts703
space
avatar space
space
$20,463 | Props total: 16156 16156
^^no joke when i have the extra free time i go to the yoga classes that my gym offers, and let me tell u yoga is where its at.

also imo as a result of my flexibility increase i feel as if i am getting stronger when i hit the weights. It also helps with the soreness from lifting.

But yeah if u wanna get your flexibilty UP......i co-sign that yoga advice.
 7 years ago '04        #4
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 596 596
You need to start stretching everyday (twice would be better). Yoga is great if you can find a good instructor.

-- has basic stretches for every body part

Are you doing a proper dynamic warm-up before lifting?
 7 years ago '05        #5
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10 OP
space
avatar space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1872 1872
 enetblazin4eva said:
You need to start stretching everyday (twice would be better). Yoga is great if you can find a good instructor.

-- has basic stretches for every body part

Are you doing a proper dynamic warm-up before lifting?
not realy lifting yet.. want to get flexible first
 07-28-2010, 11:06 AM         #6
adam_balbaa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
started off the same way, could barely touch my shins when i bent over. i would reccomening taking martial arts like tawkown do, been doing it for a year, and stretching almost every day and i can almost do the splits.
but heres a good stretching routine off youtube, just do a quick warm up, get the muscles loose, and do this every day. Twice if you can.


[video - click to view]


its the best thing you can do for your body and has lasting effects once you reach a certain point.

yoga is great too, its just a b**ch to get out and do it. this is something you can at home or at the gym before and after a workout.
 7 years ago '04        #7
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 596 596
 adam_balbaa said:
started off the same way, could barely touch my shins when i bent over. i would reccomening taking martial arts like tawkown do, been doing it for a year, and stretching almost every day and i can almost do the splits.
but heres a good stretching routine off youtube, just do a quick warm up, get the muscles loose, and do this every day. Twice if you can.



its the best thing you can do for your body and has lasting effects once you reach a certain point.

yoga is great too, its just a b**ch to get out and do it. this is something you can at home or at the gym before and after a workout.
Yoga is something you can't do at home?
 7 years ago '08        #8
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
Is that n*gga in a dungeon?
 7 years ago '05        #9
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10 OP
space
avatar space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1872 1872
 adam_balbaa said:
started off the same way, could barely touch my shins when i bent over. i would reccomening taking martial arts like tawkown do, been doing it for a year, and stretching almost every day and i can almost do the splits.
but heres a good stretching routine off youtube, just do a quick warm up, get the muscles loose, and do this every day. Twice if you can.



its the best thing you can do for your body and has lasting effects once you reach a certain point.

yoga is great too, its just a b**ch to get out and do it. this is something you can at home or at the gym before and after a workout.
yo good looks on this.
 07-28-2010, 04:24 PM         #10
smoketrees 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
foam roller. google it...or youtube. after you do foam roller do isometric stretching. its the fastest way to increase flexibility.
 07-28-2010, 11:30 PM         #11
thelittleone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I didn't look too deeply into all of the posts here, so I apologize if I'm repeating things...

I've been a cheerleader for 12+ years. I teach a lot of seminars on stretching (to cheerleaders, obviously) so maybe I can help a little?

You want to stretch often. A mild stretch before you exercise and a deeper stretch afterward. The stretch after exercise or towards the end of your day should last at least 30 seconds in each position. This will give your body enough time to recognize that you're going above and beyond your normal stretching. Make sure you're breathing is controlled. Do NOT bounce in your stretches, that will just start tearing your muscles. Stretch, hold it. Take a deep breath, exhale and stretch down farther. Hold it. etc. And, I completely agree with the yoga comment.

Also, you said you're trying to be able to do the splits? Where are you at with them right now? Are you trying to do left, right and center splits? I have LOTSSSSSS of splits stretches. Most you can probably find somewhere on line but if you're interested in some of them, let me know. Make sure that you're keeping your back straight, with bone over bone (shoulders over hips) and stretching ALL of the muscles in your legs (the 30 second stretches) and especially your hip flexors! They're extremely important when doing the splits. And it's a REAL b**ch when you injure one :)

Sorry if my post seems a little scattered. :)
 7 years ago '08        #12
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
 thelittleone said:
I didn't look too deeply into all of the posts here, so I apologize if I'm repeating things...

I've been a cheerleader for 12+ years. I teach a lot of seminars on stretching (to cheerleaders, obviously) so maybe I can help a little?

You want to stretch often. A mild stretch before you exercise and a deeper stretch afterward. The stretch after exercise or towards the end of your day should last at least 30 seconds in each position. This will give your body enough time to recognize that you're going above and beyond your normal stretching. Make sure you're breathing is controlled. Do NOT bounce in your stretches, that will just start tearing your muscles. Stretch, hold it. Take a deep breath, exhale and stretch down farther. Hold it. etc. And, I completely agree with the yoga comment.

Also, you said you're trying to be able to do the splits? Where are you at with them right now? Are you trying to do left, right and center splits? I have LOTSSSSSS of splits stretches. Most you can probably find somewhere on line but if you're interested in some of them, let me know. Make sure that you're keeping your back straight, with bone over bone (shoulders over hips) and stretching ALL of the muscles in your legs (the 30 second stretches) and especially your hip flexors! They're extremely important when doing the splits. And it's a REAL b**ch when you injure one :)

Sorry if my post seems a little scattered. :)

show me...
 07-29-2010, 12:03 AM         #13
thelittleone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol! shush.

honestly tho... threadstarter, what makes u want to do the splits so badly? i'm just curious........
 7 years ago '04        #14
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
 smoketrees said:
foam roller. google it...or youtube. after you do foam roller do isometric stretching. its the fastest way to increase flexibility.
foam roller helped me out ALOT, one of the best things i've discovered in the gym within the last 2 years
 7 years ago '05        #15
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10 OP
space
avatar space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1872 1872
 thelittleone said:
lol! shush.

honestly tho... threadstarter, what makes u want to do the splits so badly? i'm just curious........
I am so far away from doing splits.. I need to learn the basics first. I want to get that flexible one day though.
 08-08-2010, 10:54 PM         #16
thelittleone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
start with basic straddle stretches. gradually bring your legs farther and farther apart. for extreme inflexibility in your legs, i recommend making sure you leave your knees slightly unlocked. try stretching with pointed toes and flexed toes. try to take your chest to your knee. when stretching through the middle, reach up tall and bend forward, reaching out as far as you can with a flat back.

good luck :)
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 38
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 22
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 16
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy