Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
88 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-19-2010, 09:08 PM         #1
7438 pageviews
25 comments

PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[NCAA 11] Why Is Recruiting So Hard?

I started up a Dynasty with Penn State. Now, I haven't played an NCAA football game since 2006 or 2007, so I played on Varsity to get used to the controls/playbooks. Anyway, I made sure I played all the tougher teams in the country like Alabama, Boise State, USC, and Miami. I end up going undefeated, and I beat Washington in the BCS National Title game.

I spent all 10 hours each week recruiting. I make 3 promises to each player (Top 10 first 2 years on campus, Guaranteed national title, Guaranteed conference championship) on top of pitching them reasons that my school was A- or above in. At the end of the season, after all the promises/pitches/wins that I accumulated, I only got four 5 star recruits and three 2 star recruits. Is there some sort of technique I'm missing here?

If I was a recruit and I seen a school slaughter everybody, I'd want to join them, LeBron James style. image

EDIT: I also scheduled visits for each player and I made sure I stayed consistent in showing that I was interested in recruiting them.

Last edited by PR0TENTIAL; 07-19-2010 at 09:11 PM..

25 comments for "[NCAA 11] Why Is Recruiting So Hard?"

7 years ago '05        #2
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,112 | Props total: 1562 1562
I was having the same sort of issues, I've only played once so far but I only had about 4 total commits, 3 of them 5 stars and 1 four star. I was in week 10 or 11 I believe. Luckily my team (Miami) is young so they didn't have a lot of holes to fill right away and I used the red shirt option wisely. In the positions that I needed I got the best or 2nd best in all 3 needs. (SS, P, and FB)
 7 years ago '06        #3
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
Recruiting is GREAT this year. Harder recruiting = more fun.

How many schools get 10 5* players? Exactly.
 7 years ago '04        #4
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3266 3266
 ThaShark316 said:
Recruiting is GREAT this year. Harder recruiting = more fun.

How many schools get 10 5* players? Exactly.
lol if you win 5 national championships in a row and puttin out tons of pro players i would go to that school...i dont have NCAA 11 yet but on NCAA 10 i had LSU and the recruiting was so easy after like the 3rd year of winning the championship in a row...i was basically picking and choosing what players i wanted i felt like a recruiting mastermind
 07-19-2010, 10:52 PM         #5
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chctynig2804 said:
lol if you win 5 national championships in a row and puttin out tons of pro players i would go to that school...i dont have NCAA 11 yet but on NCAA 10 i had LSU and the recruiting was so easy after like the 3rd year of winning the championship in a row...i was basically picking and choosing what players i wanted i felt like a recruiting mastermind
I won 2 National Titles in a row and I'm lucky to get three 5 stars.
 7 years ago '04        #6
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,068 | Props total: 6114 6114
are you just pitching them stuff that your school is good in or are you pitching them stuff they have high interest in? Some times those things your school is A- or above in they dont give a s**t about Plus I usually dont go after recruits who dont have me in their top 8 schools becasue its hard to get your school in the mix if they had no interest. usually even top 5 interest or I wont even talk to them
 07-19-2010, 11:04 PM         #7
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NoLedge18720 said:
are you just pitching them stuff that your school is good in or are you pitching them stuff they have high interest in? Some times those things your school is A- or above in they dont give a s**t about Plus I usually dont go after recruits who dont have me in their top 8 schools becasue its hard to get your school in the mix if they had no interest. usually even top 5 interest or I wont even talk to them
I pitch them things I'm good at, which is almost everything. Who the f**k doesn't wanna go to Penn State, n*gga?
 7 years ago '06        #8
munie 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,525 | Props total: 198 198
I run a dynasty with Boise St..First year I didn't recruit but after another good season I ended up with the 3rd best class. It takes a lot of strategy. You can't go after every elite prospect and instead jump on the ones with the most. If you have an interest prospect but your 300 points behind the leader and the leader is a power house you aren't going to get him. Another thing that is key is pipelines as they get a lot of bonus points. Personally I really enjoy recruiting this year. It's very rewarding when you get a great class.

this game is bull s**t.

I like how the db's watch the wr's catch the ball
To each his own...My DBs are ballhawks....
 7 years ago '04        #9
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,068 | Props total: 6114 6114
 KEGAR said:
I pitch them things I'm good at, which is almost everything. Who the f**k doesn't wanna go to Penn State, n*gga?
i know what you want to think about recruits wanting to go to penn state but you gotta look at the school they interested in. you just cant recruit the players you want if they have no interest. And you have to pitch them the things that they are interested in. Im just trying to help you land recruits
 07-19-2010, 11:11 PM         #10
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NoLedge18720 said:
i know what you want to think about recruits wanting to go to penn state but you gotta look at the school they interested in. you just cant recruit the players you want if they have no interest. And you have to pitch them the things that they are interested in. Im just trying to help you land recruits
I appreciate the help my man.
 7 years ago '04        #11
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3266 3266
but really tho its all about picking and choosing...i figure out what my needs are come the following season and u always gotta plan for some juniors leaving early too, but i always try to find a high-rated prospect that has me on their list...if i see a 5-star guy at a position and i'm like #10 on his and i see a 4-star guy like a couple spots below him and i'm like in the top 5, i'm gonna recruit him over the other guy cuz ur not gettin much of a dropoff from the player in the end cuz i've gotten 5-star recruits and they were lower rated than a 4-star at the same position...

also the type of player ur lookin for plays a big role too, like for instance i like speed corners so i pay more attention to those guys than the ones who are like big hitters that are slower even if i'm higher on their list...

i like recruiting tho cuz u can build your own team the way that you want it run
 7 years ago '08        #12
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$408 | Props total: 11 11
Man I thought it was just me. I never figured recruiting for Miami would be so hard. I'm going into week 9 with 0 commits and I'm first on nobody's list right now despite being #3 in the polls. I'm gonna a.ssume this first class will suck and hopefully figure it out for next season
 7 years ago '12        #13
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1257 1257
I had top recruiting class first year and #2 the next on all-American recruiting difficulty
 7 years ago '05        #14
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
I use Heisman difficulty and s**t is hard but thats probably cus I went after about 10 5 stars it seems on here u cant get too many 5 stars since I think there's less than other years. I usually only see about 25 of them and also I think it's best to not try to fill your board up I only go after about 30 and usually all but 1 or 2 have interest in my school already.
 7 years ago '06        #15
Jnunez21 
space
space
$1,005 | Props total: 8 8
 KEGAR said:
I won 2 National Titles in a row and I'm lucky to get three 5 stars.
i might just be doing a bad job..i feel since recruit is so in depth, it actually gives u a chance to reach out to these recruits lol...scheduling visits is best when u schedule against rivalries, i would hold off promises until ur theyre really interested...idk its weird, if u havent been in the game the past 2 years, u just got some catching up to do...it will come around...try to focus on like 10 players or so with more time...u cant talk to all 35 with only 10 hours
 7 years ago '06        #16
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,487 | Props total: 14774 14774
lol i havent done any type of recruiting and i think i got 3 5 star commits during the season lol plus a ton of 4 stars.
 7 years ago '09        #17
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
I haven't had any problems recruiting... I thought some of these trophies were going to be kind of tough, but they've all been real easy. Almost got the platinum trophy already. Fun stuff tho. I actually wish there was more to recruiting.
 7 years ago '04        #18
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,502 | Props total: 792 792
you should be able to pay recruits like in real life

if you get caught, your dynasty is over
 7 years ago '07        #19
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
Say I'm in the 3rd year of my dynasty. Can I still create a recruit... and then recruit him?
 7 years ago '05        #20
DatKidDex 
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 386 386
Im getting 4-5 stars to come to NC State.....lol after going undefeated 1 season..my first one
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
131 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy