Larry Bird Speaks on Lebron's Decision

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Hov Ain't Get Through To You Yet! BK Heroin Ring Busted After Stunting..
107 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Thought y'all said his videos fake?
95 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NBA BREAKING NEWS: KRYIE UNFOLLOWS LEBRON ON IG :ojwhoa:
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Report: ESPN Source Convinced Miami Heat Will Land Kyrie Irving
56 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-19-2010, 08:02 PM         #1
12743 pageviews
100 comments

evici1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Larry Bird Speaks on Lebron's Decision

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

PACERS: Trade talk, free agency, rookies Bird's talk-show topics

As for the saga that led to the union of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, Bird had mixed feelings.

"That's why we have free agency," he told Dakich. "When you get an opportunity to get an open market, anything can happen. I'm like a lot of people. I'd like to have seen LeBron stay in Cleveland but his desire was to go play with some great players and try to win championships. You've got to do what's best for yourself. He's a very, very talented young man, a great basketball player and he wanted to go play with Wade and Bosh. He had the ability to do that and he did it.

"I remember back in my days, I'd rather play against Earvin Johnson than play with him," he said. "I know he's a great player and you always want to play with the best but I just loved to compete against him. He's a guy I always compared myself to. I'd rather stay in Boston and let him stay in L.A. and just compete every year in the Finals. That's what made me a better player. It would've been too easy if we played together."

100 comments for "Larry Bird Speaks on Lebron's Decision"

7 years ago '07        #2
Bkjj11 3270 heat pts3270
space
space
$86,119 | Props total: 54864 54864
MJ saying the same thing with Larry.

Kobe would say the same.

Lebron made the biggest mistake in his career when it comes to his reputation. This will always be the black cloud over his head.
 7 years ago '06        #3
DEDOS 142 heat pts142
space
space
$62,031 | Props total: 21195 21195
ya bird but you had parish/mchale/dennis johnson/ bill walton ect

if you were stuck with the bums that bron had you would of bounced too

some people are blessed to have been picked by winning franshises like boston/LA in huge markets and boston/LA were winners before you got there and they were winners when you left

7 years ago '06        #4
jj01 
space
space
$44,140 | Props total: 3229 3229
bron is getting a bad rap for this, each player who has spoke out played with 2-3 players better than anybody bron has ever had on his team. add to that they all played in much more marketable cities, ones that didnt have the problems attracting talent the way a place like cleveland does.
 7 years ago '98        #5
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,106 | Props total: 2525 2525
man all the former greats taking shots @ lebron

no wonder why hes keeping quiet... probably letting the s**tstorm settle
 7 years ago '05        #6
Stupendamatic 116 heat pts116
space
space
$18,134 | Props total: 2653 2653
the greats know what's up, playing against each other was not only good for them as players but for basketball itself. The rivalries it created, the great finals games....That's one thing I loved about basketball in the 90's Knicks vs Bulls, Knicks vs Pacers, Bulls vs Jazz, Knicks vs Rockets etc
 7 years ago '04        #7
shady4180 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,193 | Props total: 585 585
 P. Dedos said:

some people are blessed to have been picked by winning franshises like boston/LA in huge markets and boston/LA were winners before you got there and they were winners when you left

All the bums he had....he still had the best record 2 years straight? So team couldnt have been that bad.
 7 years ago '06        #8
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$27,671 | Props total: 7994 7994
Bron been making comments on twitter...surprised media didn't report everything he says
 7 years ago '05        #9
Dat 1 Dude 
space
space
$3,479 | Props total: 212 212
are they really going to keep asking people the same question when everyone already know they will give the same response..?
 7 years ago '07        #10
Captain Fresh 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,787 | Props total: 5346 5346
 P. Dedos said:

them bums lead the league to back to back 60 win seasons..
 7 years ago '06        #11
DEDOS 142 heat pts142
space
space
ya and your gonna see this season that they are gonna win 30 games without him

when bron did not play this season they went 1-5 without him

this team will be lottery bound mark it down
 7 years ago '04        #12
QbanLinxx 
space
space
$1,034 | Props total: 43 43
^^^^ Dont forget Knicks vs Heat, Mourning and Pat stay going at it
 7 years ago '08        #13
Skeetx3.2 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,201 | Props total: 90 90
 shady4180 said:
All the bums he had....he still had the best record 2 years straight? So team couldnt have been that bad.
That

....and he was saying that he would have gone it alone instead of teaming up with other great players. Also, stop throwing out players who were around these guys. Great players make other players good and that's what MJ did with the Bulls, Magic did with the Lakers, and Bird did with the Celtics. I'm not saying those guys were bums but the greats on the team took the other players to a higher level.

Even if you're a Miami fan you have to admit Lebron hurt his overall legacy by becoming the number two player to Wade.
 7 years ago '07        #14
Bkjj11 3270 heat pts3270
space
space
$86,119 | Props total: 54864 54864
 P. Dedos said:

they were a natural team, no free agency hype with twitters nor planned being on the same team 2 years in advance. They played together and won together.

Lebron & Wade & Bosh just gonna play together.
 7 years ago '06        #15
DEDOS 142 heat pts142
space
space
 Skeetx3.2 said:
:Magic did with the Lakers, .
when magic joined the lakers

kareem won the league mvp the year before

then they went on and got another #1 overall pick in james worthy

haterz gonna hate
 07-19-2010, 08:22 PM         #16
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
ya and your gonna see this season that they are gonna win 30 games without him

when bron did not play this season they went 1-5 without him

this team will be lottery bound mark it down
Please stop. You stay defending LeBron 24/7 and it's sickening. At the end of the day, had LeBron NOT picked Miami, you would be just like the rest of them.
 7 years ago '04        #17
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,527 | Props total: 249 249
them bums lead the league to back to back 60 win seasons..
I think you mean Lebron did that. Tell me one other really good player on the Cavs, I'll wait but it won't do any use because there isn't one.
 7 years ago '04        #18
thegod 
space
space
space
$1,358 | Props total: 90 90
 shady4180 said:
Exactly. I dont get why cats keep saying Lebron aint have no team. How do you have the best record in the whole damn NBA, not just the east, with no team...Luck?....Lebron's squad was obiviously pretty decent to have the record they've for the past few years. Even if individually, they arent all hall of famers, they clearly were more than capable of getting the job done. Only one team is gonna make it. The team that statically should get the ring, doesn't always.

Stop making excuses. The ball was just dropped..period. Cats act like it was impossible for him to win a championship with his team. These ppl werent saying that when they ended the season with the best record in the league.
 7 years ago '06        #19
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 1 1
U dumb lil n*ggas need to show respect and listen to the greats of the game..

If they imply lebrons a b**ch then lebrons a b**ch .. No way round that .. He a pippen now for the rest of his career.
 7 years ago '06        #20
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$27,671 | Props total: 7994 7994
 efromthev said:
I think you mean Lebron did that. Tell me one other really good player on the Cavs, I'll wait but it won't do any use because there isn't one.
Have to agree...he had a decent squad but not that good. I think people either even though cavs got swot he petty much took them to the finals by bundled a few years ago...pretty crazy
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kim Kardashian Badonkadonk
40 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Ready! How Tiffany Haddish Became The Hottest Star In Comedy
65 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Thick Rihanna shaking them thangs!
65 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 25 - barber shot in head outside restaurant hours after mocking ri..
264 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Cavaliers unveil new uniform
61 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Polo Ralph Lauren New Arrivals 🔥 👀
61 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Hair transplants are so sophisticated you can get the braids you never had?
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Meek Mill is banned from Florida but not George Zimmerman?
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy