The Green Lantern is not black!!

most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
188 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
29 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #21
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
There are a bunch of Green Lanterns first off.

And yea I would prefer the black Lantern but its iight. Ima still watch the movie :dancingcool:
dont worry, he will be in the justice league movie if we ever get one
 7 years ago '04        #22
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
 xclusive2k5 said:
man shut the f**k up, if people want a black green lantern, let them want it, who the f**k are you, arent you tired of seeing white super heroes all the time? stfu its a damn movie jesus
and i like a white one.
 7 years ago '04        #23
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 Marccoogs19 said:
There are HUNDREDS of Green Lanterns all through the universe. They are the equivalent to a universal police force. FIVE of them were based on earth, Alan Scott, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, & the most famous of them all, Hal Jordan.. DC decided to make the movie about their most famous Lantern, so I don't have a problem with that.
its not that they decided to go with their most famous, its that this is a movie about only green lantern and john stewart (the black one) is only used when its justice league, hal is used when just doing a green lantern story

they just had a green lantern animated movie with HAL, because it didnt involve the justice league

now if they make a justice league movie and dont have john stewart and they put hal in it or some other white one, then they can b**ch about it
 7 years ago '04        #24
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,854 | Props total: 934 934
Hal Jordan is THE Green lantern. The only reason John Stweart was on the show is that Dc they need to be more multicultural , also why they used Hawkgirl instead of Hawkman. Hell look what happened when Dc bought/licensed milestone(static,Hardware,Icon) If they make a justice league movie , Hal Jordan will be in it. DC or Geoff Johns rather LOVES Hal Jordan so this is the green lantern that you will all see from now on.
 7 years ago '04        #25
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 Jumpoff21 said:
Hal Jordan is THE Green lantern. The only reason John Stweart was on the show is that Dc they need to be more multicultural , also why they used Hawkgirl instead of Hawkman. Hell look what happened when Dc bought/licensed milestone(static,Hardware,Icon) If they make a justice league movie , Hal Jordan will be in it. DC or Geoff Johns rather LOVES Hal Jordan so this is the green lantern that you will all see from now on.
what you said makes no sense at all. hawkman was also in the justice league series so whats your point you tryin to make? hal jordan is not gonna be the only green lantern in future movies so stop postin out your a.ss
 07-17-2010, 07:07 PM         #26
Awsomeman500  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChaosBeats said:
just a angry racist geek who would get the living s**t pounded out of him

Bopp you upside your head, that'll have you seeing the same color, green ,black and blue
plus you'll be seeing a couple black stars but it wont be will or denzel or that movie channel.
im racist... no im realist.... hal jordan is the most well-known green lantern out of all them....
 7 years ago '04        #27
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
 Venom said:
what you said makes no sense at all. hawkman was also in the justice league series so whats your point you tryin to make? hal jordan is not gonna be the only green lantern in future movies so stop postin out your a.ss
When the show first came out, hawk girl was used because they only had wonderwoman on the roster and the producers felt they need more females(like they do with most super-hero cartoons) So Hawkgirl was brought in along with john stweart(being the solo black hero). Because if you really wanna be funny about it they were going to use Kyle Ryner because he appeared in the superman cartoon first and they didn't want to confuse viewers. Do you know who is charge of DC?? Dan Didio, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee and they ALL love HAL Jordan! They've made steps to show that he is THE green lantern.
 07-17-2010, 07:11 PM         #28
Awsomeman500  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jumpoff21 said:
When the show first came out, hawk girl was used because they only had wonderwoman on the roster and the producers felt they need more females(like they do with most super-hero cartoons) So Hawkgirl was brought in along with john stweart(being the solo black hero). Because if you really wanna be funny about it they were going to use Kyle Ryner because he appeared in the superman cartoon first and they didn't want to confuse viewers. Do you know who is charge of DC?? Dan Didio, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee and they ALL love HAL Jordan! They've made steps to show that he is THE green lantern.
i agree... Hal Jordan is THE Green Lantern, im talking, when you think of the green lantern, hal should come to your mind, not kyle, not john..... but Hal......
 7 years ago '04        #29
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
 Awsomeman500 said:
im racist... no im realist.... hal jordan is the most well-known green lantern out of all them....
He is, hence why he's the title character in The Green Lantern Solo series. What is so hard to understand??
 07-17-2010, 07:14 PM         #30
JoeyTheGod  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Plizaya J said:
its not that they decided to go with their most famous, its that this is a movie about only green lantern and john stewart (the black one) is only used when its justice league, hal is used when just doing a green lantern story

they just had a green lantern animated movie with HAL, because it didnt involve the justice league

now if they make a justice league movie and dont have john stewart and they put hal in it or some other white one, then they can b**ch about it
Thats not tru tho hal is used many times in justice league stuff.
 07-17-2010, 07:15 PM         #31
JoeyTheGod  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jumpoff21 said:
really because hal jordan aint the lantern anymore and if ur following recent comics its clear dc dont love him that much
 07-17-2010, 07:17 PM         #32
Awsomeman500  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JoeyTheGod said:
really because hal jordan aint the lantern anymore and if ur following recent comics its clear dc dont love him that much
seems like you havn't been following dc...

Hal is definitely the most important lantern.. GEOFF JOHNS is a big fan of Hal, and he is a top priority writer for DC, all the top DC guys like Hal the best out of the green lanterns.......
 7 years ago '04        #33
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
 JoeyTheGod said:
really? You wanna avy beat?
 07-17-2010, 09:32 PM         #34
tj.iscool  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hal isn't even the most popular Green Lantern
 07-17-2010, 10:29 PM         #35
Zeeshine  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
look at the thread with the pics of ryan reynolds in the GL suit and you'll say ppl wondering why he aint black
 7 years ago '07        #36
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
Thread fail
 7 years ago '06        #37
G2MC 35 heat pts35
space
space
$3,382 | Props total: 989 989
 MosDefinition said:
the thing is because of the comic book one of the least popular ones became the most popular i remember when the cartoon came out i thought they made him up like i thought they did hawk girl

comic nerds need to face the fact that in the minds of alot of people hal jordan isnt the most well know lantern

this is one of my favorite jlu moments though

LOL is that an old a.ss Static Shock I see?
 07-18-2010, 10:56 AM         #38
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bea5T said:
Black people cry more than any other race/ethnicity
this is true, all over the internet i hear people b**ching how the GL is white and not black, news f**king flash d!ckwads its hal, hal was a white green lantern, just because 1 black green lantern existed you think they were going to just pick him? hals story is more interesting, his character was more interesting get the f**k over it and go cry more

when i worked as reception for this government place that delt with welfare, foodstamp etc. all black people did and no im not racist atleast 90% of the black people that came through f**king b**ched and half of them didn't even need it wearing 400 dollar shoes and maybe 10-15% of the white people who came through b**ch and surprising 0 hispanics b**ched

call me racist i dont give a f**k, im tired of black people acting like they are a superior race and im tired of all the b**ching they do and cry how they get pulled over because they are black or didnt get a job because they are black, newsflash you were probably speeding and weren't qualified for the job
 7 years ago '07        #39
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,777 | Props total: 1306 1306
 Awsomeman500 said:
serious;y.... i been seeing alot of people, mad that the green lantern is not black... for the movie.....

THE GREEN LANTERN IS NOT BLACK...

you probably thought that he was, cause of the tv show... but no he is not black.. there is only 1 black green lantern, john steward..... i think there are a couple more, but thats the most well known

but the 1 ryan Reynolds is portraying is Hal Jordan, the most well-known green lantern... and is white....

so stop with the "green lantern is black" nonsense...
There are 3600 Green Lanterns. Not only is there a a black one ,there are white, green, blue and orange skinned Lanterns. So the statement The Green Lantern is not black is inaccurate. The title Green Lantern belongs to them all.

Last edited by Daville502; 07-18-2010 at 11:15 AM..
 07-18-2010, 11:22 AM         #40
cleophisduval09  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ving Rhames
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago