Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
39 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
30 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How was Inception?
***** - Masterpiece 210 66.25%
**** - Excellent 73 23.03%
*** - Pretty Good 22 6.94%
** - Fair 7 2.21%
* - Poor 5 1.58%
Voters: 317. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #41
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,832 | Props total: 1054 1054
 Fishscale said:

[pic - click to view]

get it? get it?
 7 years ago '04        #42
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 1909 1909
A really good film. And after I watch it a second time I may reconsider my vote. But for now this is a solid flick worthy of 4/5 stars and well on its way to eventually being called a classic.

And with all the s**t coming out this summer, I am relieved this movie was so fresh and well made.
 7 years ago '10        #43
Megastorm 42 heat pts42
space
space
space
$4,378 | Props total: 1246 1246
The action was very good and the plot was very original.

Other than that I wasn't really feeling it. It didn't convince me to buy into the concept and I found all the scene switchin to be very annoying. The concept is poorly explained, especially when it comes to who's dream you're in. Alot of the dialogue came off as riddles imo. It's almost impossible to tell when someones dreaming or not.

The film can be figured out, but it almost discourages you from wanting to figure it out with all the different dreamers, dream levels, riddles and the scene switchin. The phrase "dream within a dream" is repeated over and over again like a chorus.

I love movies like The Matrix and Shutter Island, but to me, this movie (Inception) is more like a cluster of scenes pieced together in an effort to create a tripped out feel rather than a believable ideal.

2/5

I know I will get clowned for my post, but owell. Somebody gotta get crucified.

j/k

Last edited by Megastorm; 07-20-2010 at 08:06 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #44
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,920 | Props total: 25876 25876
just got back from seeing it and yeah the end had me all f**ked up lol
 07-21-2010, 02:01 PM         #45
ctihom  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
to say the least, it was one of the best movies this year so far. finally a fresh new concept to watch.

the plot was very very smart. i appreciated having to be surprised and sorta question and think about what's going on. movies have become so predictable, it was a breath of fresh air to not know what is going to happen next. also the visual aspect of the film was mindblowing. not only the great production to do all the computer graphics, but WHAT was displayed with those tools. the imagination it took to make some those scenes and the execution of that idea was awesome.

[spoiler - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #46
DrDeath 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,347 | Props total: 3150 3150
movie must be good because i see a new thread about it every 3 days.
 07-21-2010, 06:54 PM         #47
Nesslybay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I saw this high out of my mind and it was a good movie. I can't say it made its way to my top 10.. but good movie none the less.
 7 years ago '07        #48
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
$10,235 | Props total: 14 14

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #49
Vdot88 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,620 | Props total: 2 2
one dude's interpretation of the movie. i think it's spot on:

also read this afterward:

Last edited by Vdot88; 07-22-2010 at 02:44 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #50
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 2230 2230
Amazing movie. Saw it last night with my gurl in IMAX. we both agreed this is one of those movies thats worth paying to go see. Everybody who said this movie is wack is whylin. Im definetly putting this in the Blu-ray collection.
 07-23-2010, 08:47 AM         #51
Sid 6point7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ole-G said:

[pic - click to view]

That's crazy
 07-23-2010, 11:16 AM         #52
Halftimee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Velveeta00 said:
one dude's interpretation of the movie. i think it's spot on:

also read this afterward:
Props on this, I definitely feel what this guy is saying. I was thinking the same thing at the end. Not about the whole film being about film making, but that it was all a dream.

If anyone hasn't seen this movie yet, you're f**king retarded. One of the best films I've ever seen no exaggeration.
 7 years ago '07        #53
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
$10,235 | Props total: 14 14
anyone is scared to sleep after watching this movie ? lol
 7 years ago '04        #54
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
Inception in IMAX = :wow:

i loved it, i didnt care about the length of the movie, these types of movies cannot be an hour and a half.
good movies that need to go into full detail and have a great story need to be atleast 2hr-2hr45min.
people dont b**ch about other movies that can go on for 3+ hours. LOTR? Harry Potter? the next harry potter which will be 2 parts..

this movie was great, i loved it and IMAX was sick!
 7 years ago '04        #55
RaMArQabLe 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$161 | Props total: 25 25
This movie was fkn awesome!

The whole damn movie is an inception, to me it doesn't matter that the ending didn't show if the world we were viewing was real or a dream... THAT WAS NEVER THE POINT OF THE ENDING!

The movie successfully implanted an idea (ugh... inception) in every viewers head. This idea being: "the viewer believes they must see what that totem does in order to know what is real or fake".

This parallels a constant theme of the film "We are all prisoners to our own beliefs"

The movie itself was fantastic... The whole time the characters are talking about creating an idea in another person's head and whether or not they'll accept it.

This comes to life at the end of the movie when the viewers are questioning the fact that they didn't see the totem fall so it has to be a dream.

"it didn't fall, its a dream"... no... its inception!

An idea the writer and director put in your head!
 7 years ago '05        #56
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
 RaMArQabLe said:
This movie was fkn awesome!

The whole damn movie is an inception, to me it doesn't matter that the ending didn't show if the world we were viewing was real or a dream... THAT WAS NEVER THE POINT OF THE ENDING!

The movie successfully implanted an idea (ugh... inception) in every viewers head. This idea being: "the viewer believes they must see what that totem does in order to know what is real or fake".

This parallels a constant theme of the film "We are all prisoners to our own beliefs"

The movie itself was fantastic... The whole time the characters are talking about creating an idea in another person's head and whether or not they'll accept it.

This comes to life at the end of the movie when the viewers are questioning the fact that they didn't see the totem fall so it has to be a dream.

"it didn't fall, its a dream"... no... its inception!

An idea the writer and director put in your head!

7 years ago '04        #57
RaMArQabLe 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:

Well i read this on another forum....

The spinning top, was never his totem... it was his wifes

in the movie it is clearly stated "once someone else finds out about your totem, its useless"

all it ever was, was an item of sentimental value....

Cobbs actual totem is revealed at the end... the kids faces! He knows his last memory of them is never seeing their faces, so when he does see their faces that is what he accepts as his "reality".

Whether or not that is still a dream is totally debatable... man this movie is siik! haha
 7 years ago '07        #58
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
 RaMArQabLe said:
Well i read this on another forum....

The spinning top, was never his totem... it was his wifes

in the movie it is clearly stated "once someone else finds out about your totem, its useless"

all it ever was, was an item of sentimental value....

Cobbs actual totem is revealed at the end... the kids faces! He knows his last memory of them is never seeing their faces, so when he does see their faces that is what he accepts as his "reality".

Whether or not that is still a dream is totally debatable... man this movie is siik! haha
No it's not if somebody see your totem, but if somebody else touches it and feels it's weight. Remember Arther showed Juno (sorry, can't remember her name) his die, but he didn't let her feel it. I agree he stared using it as sentimental value since she wouldn't need it anymore and it wasn't stated what his totem was before she died, it didn't matter. Like homie said earlier, He didn't need to see it tumble cuz he knew he wasn't dreaming, and that the director was tryna put the idea in your head to not make YOU feel question your or his reality.

With all that said, that movie was f**king off the goddamn chain.

My favorite part was when

7 years ago '04        #59
RaMArQabLe 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 killahkazi said:
No it's not if somebody see your totem, but if somebody else touches it and feels it's weight. Remember Arther showed Juno (sorry, can't remember her name) his die, but he didn't let her feel it. I agree he stared using it as sentimental value since she wouldn't need it anymore and it wasn't stated what his totem was before she died, it didn't matter. Like homie said earlier, He didn't need to see it tumble cuz he knew he wasn't dreaming, and that the director was tryna put the idea in your head to not make YOU feel question your or his reality.

With all that said, that movie was f**king off the goddamn chain.

My favorite part was when

I agree with your post and I do 100% remember them saying that "it loses its value if someone body else touches it and feels it's weight" but my interpretation of that quote is that as a viewer how are you supposed to touch or feel it, you can't. So "knowing" what it is holds the value... u dig? It's just cool this movie has that many layers/levels to it.

That rotating f!ght scene was awesome, but still the best part for the movie to me was when Leo was teaching juno (;)) the ways of dreaming. At the momment it was like "s**t buckle in" haha
 07-24-2010, 04:01 AM         #60
Kuchiki_Byakuya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Michael "Walking Bucket" Beasley Highlights vs Thunder | 30pts, 5reb, 4ast
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy