D.Wade "Kobe Had Bad Game In Finals. James Teammates Didn't Help. He's Not A Quitter"

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
249 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-15-2010, 08:18 PM         #1
6924 pageviews
119 comments

evici1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
D.Wade "Kobe Had Bad Game In Finals. James Teammates Didn't Help. He's Not A Quitter"

They've been teammates for only a week, and Dwyane Wade is already standing up for LeBron James.

Wade defended the NBA's two-time reigning MVP on Thursday, telling The a.ssociated Press that James "didn't quit" on Cleveland during the playoffs. That was the accusation made by Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert last week, not long after James went on television to reveal he was leaving Cleveland for Miami.

"He's not a quitter," Wade said. "He didn't quit."

In an interview with The AP on July 8, Gilbert not only levied the quitting charge, but said James got "a free pass" for too long. The NBA fined Gilbert $100,000 earlier this week for some of his comments, with commissioner David Stern saying they were too extreme for the league's liking.

Wade said he watched every game in Cleveland's second-round series against Boston, the team that eliminated the Heat in the opening round of the postseason. The Celtics used a similar defensive scheme against James as they did against Wade to open the playoffs, throwing a slew of challenges in the way of both.

"LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, guys like that understand what Boston's defense was about," Wade said. "Their defense was built on not letting one player beat them. You either settle for the outside shot or you pass to your teammates. LeBron had one bad game in the playoffs. Other than that, he did what he could do with the defense all watching him."

The Cavs lost to the Celtics in six games, but Wade pointed out that in the series finale, James finished with 27 points, 19 rebounds and 10 a.ssists.

Nonetheless, Gilbert told The AP, "watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."

The Cavaliers were beaten by 32 points in Game 5, a stunning loss at home. During the game, James appeared distracted and disinterested, often glaring at Cleveland's coaches as the Cavs tried to foul to get back into the game in the second half. James also made some puzzling postgame comments, saying he had "spoiled" people with his play over seven seasons.

In that Game 5 loss to Boston, James scored 15 points on 3 of 14 shooting.

In Game 6 against Boston, even as now-former Cavs coach Mike Brown tried to get his players to foul as time was winding down, James appeared to wave him off, almost resigned that the season was ending and there was nothing Cleveland could do at that point. Gilbert also said he believes James quit on the Cavs in Game 6 of their series in 2009 against Orlando.

"I don't see where you can get where he quit," Wade said. "He just had one bad game. It happens. Kobe had a bad game in the finals. They won. It didn't matter. LeBron's teammates didn't help him out that game and it made the way he played even worse. But he's not a quitter. He didn't quit."

As James pointed out in his welcome-to-Miami event on July 9, Bryant made only 6 of his 24 shots in Game 7 of the finals against Boston, which his Los Angeles Lakers won anyway for their second straight NBA title.

"He knew he had help and guys came through for him," James said last week of Bryant's Game 7 showing in the finals.

James was the subject of countless jokes during Wednesday's ESPY awards, and Wade saw the humor in some of them. Others, however, had him bristling.

"You get defensive with things like that," Wade said. "He's a good friend. You understand people say it because it's a hot topic. They wanted people to react in a positive way or a negative way, just because it's a hot topic to talk about. It's a punch line. They just wanted to have something to do with it. They wanted to feel involved in some way.

[pic - click to view]

Dwyane Wade says LeBron James didn't quit on Cleveland Cavaliers in playoffs - ESPN

119 comments for "D.Wade "Kobe Had Bad Game In Finals. James Teammates Didn't Help. He's Not A Quitter""

7 years ago '05        #2
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
I guess it's the leader's job to defend his role players.
 7 years ago '09        #3
ItizIsntIT 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,443 | Props total: 170 170
why is Wade doing all the talking for lebron? ... this n*gga scarred or something
[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #4
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,754 | Props total: 97 97
hey kobe didn't get the points everybody over looks 6 - 24 but look at this defense he grabed alot of boards and played great D.
 7 years ago '08        #5
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
isn't there a thread on this topic already?
 7 years ago '07        #6
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
wade doing a lot of talking.........is bron in the gym or is he recruiting cause dude has been pretty much mum at the constant criticism he's taking

edit: well according to dude twitter...lebron been in the gym......i thought he wasn't allowed in ohio no more

Just got done working out at my High School St.V. 4:03 PM Jul 14th via UberTwitter
Just got done putting in work at my high school. Great workout! Headed to pilates class now about 3 hours ago via UberTwitter

Last edited by Bigakathebeast; 07-15-2010 at 08:31 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #7
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,942 | Props total: 7348 7348
Damn Wade speakin for this n*gga now?? :applause: For Wade sticking up for his Scottie Pippen.
 7 years ago '08        #8
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 261 261
Wade you're not helping him by throwing your cape on every time Lebron's name is mentioned in a negative light. You making him look more b**ch made than normal.
 7 years ago '05        #9
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 123 123
Im not gonna say he quit? But Im quite sure its a little difficult to keep your head in the game when you just find out that the dude you sitting next to is banging your moms!
 7 years ago '09        #10
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,418 | Props total: 12358 12358
Mane, f**k Wade going to stats as an indicator of if dude quit or not. The owner was there at the time not Wade so I think he would know better whats going on. That would be like Gilbert coming out and trying to give insight on what D Wade did wrong in his marriage like he know their business.

Sorry Wade, but you're overdoing the whole he's my teammate TO thing right now.

LeBron is not your quarterback
 7 years ago '09        #11
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
damn maybe 25 years ago wade got up in gloria too,cuz that n*gga sounding like his pappy right now
 7 years ago '07        #12
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30386 30386
Wow.... even in pre-season press, Bosh is playing his position. Totally overshadowed... just like next season.
 7 years ago '08        #13
The N 467 heat pts467
space
space
$45,555 | Props total: 17210 17210
It was all Wade's plan, so he has to defend the situation, he has been more outspoken then both of them, remember when he said "I feel sorry for who ever has to guard both of us", he can talk though since he is an MVP/Champion in the NBA.
 7 years ago '06        #14
CA King 7 15 heat pts15
space
space
$7,074 | Props total: 5508 5508
Wade gotta defend his two b*tches now lol. He's their pimp, that n*gga ain't slick. D Wade's new moniker is a Pimp Named Slick Back.
 7 years ago '98        #15
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,192 | Props total: 3577 3577
^ what they said above... Wade's jumping to Bron's defense everytime someone bad mouths him

and it pretty damn obvious James quit the last few games of last years playoffs. Everyone was talking about it... wondering why he totally looked out of it
 7 years ago '08        #16
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,799 | Props total: 9118 9118
I agree with Wade, LBJ has never been a quitter unlike Dwight.
 7 years ago '07        #17
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,504 | Props total: 70010 70010
james had one bad game? wasnt the last 2 games awful
 07-15-2010, 08:38 PM         #18
evici1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeahh Wade Is The Role Player And His Gotta Defend Em & All.. But If LeBron Stays Quite About All Shit People Keep Sayin' About Him. He's Gonna Become Weak Inside, And That Will Mess Him With Mentally Dude Needs To Stop Being A Punk And Get At Whoever's Talkin. Can't Let Someone Else Talk For You..
[pic - click to view]

wepainters said:
isn't there a thread on this topic already?
Where At? My Bad If There Is. I Didn't Search Before I Posted This Thread.
 7 years ago '07        #19
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 Bkjj11 said:
james had one bad game? wasnt the last 2 games awful
yo even Lebron said I had 3 bad games in my career....he spoiled people wit his play...Wade is really buggin
 7 years ago '06        #20
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
Lakers in 6
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildlandís new free DLC.
35 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy