It's a Wrap For the League: "It's there; I have a consistent 3-point shot now" - Rose

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
192 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
113 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
104 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
7679 pageviews
127 comments

01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3475 3475
It's a Wrap For the League: "It's there; I have a consistent 3-point shot now" - Rose

LAS VEGAS — Keep in mind that Derrick Rose is not the boastful type.

Now fear for NBA defenses.

"It's there; I have a consistent 3-point shot now," Rose said Wednesday night. "You'll see. I just have so much confidence in my jump shot now. It's coming along so good. It's past even my expectations at this point."

Get the Chicago Tribune delivered to your home for only $1 a week >>

Rose arrived here a week in advance of U.S. national team practices and to support the Bulls' summer-league team, which blew out the Clippers 79-50 at Cox Pavilion.

He spent the first half sitting next to player development coach Randy Brown on the Bulls' bench and the second half sitting courtside next to new coach Tom Thibodeau. At one point, old coach — and new Clippers coach — Vinny Del Negro stopped by to say hello to both.

To hear Rose tell it, that should be some rivalry next season.

"I'm happy for him," Rose said of Del Negro. "And I'm excited about what coach Thibodeau can do. He and I have been talking a lot. A lot.

"We've talked offense, defense, what we're going to do in certain situations. He's a cool guy. People say he's not a people person but you sit and talk to him and he'll talk for two hours. So that's not accurate

"He's a workaholic. I sometimes leave the gym at 3 and come back at 11 at night to shoot and he's still in the office, going over film. He will come down, watch me work out and tell me things to work on. He's helping me a lot."

Rose said he left free agency up to management and would have welcomed any additions. But he called the signings of Carlos Boozer and Kyle Korver and possibly J.J. Red!ck "perfect for our style."

"We definitely needed players like them," Rose said. "They're guys who have won and fill needs for us. I've talked to Boozer a lot. And Korver and I played on the U.S. select team. He can really shoot it.

"They're guys who don't care about themselves. They're for the team. That's what we need."

Rose has been splitting his offseason workouts between the Berto Center and Santa Monica, where he trains with Russell Westbrook and Tyreke Evans with trainer Rob McClanaghan.

That's why Rose isn't worried about burnout if he plays in the World Championships in Turkey that end three weeks before training camp.

"I'm in shape," Rose said. "But I don't think I'm a lock for the team. That's when things get taken away from you. I'm going to go play my regular way and hopefully make it."

imageimage

[pic - click to view]

Derrick Rose: Ecstatic over development of his 3-point shot - chicagotribune.com

Dime: Was making the All-Star team a specific goal you had going into this season?

D. Rose (aka GOAT PG): Definitely. I set pretty high goals for myself. I want to be the best player at my position, and hopefully be the best player in the NBA. I want to win MVP numerous times.
imageimage

[pic - click to view]

http://dimemag.com/2010/0 .. ing-on-people/

Last edited by 01seay; 07-15-2010 at 12:31 AM..

127 comments for "It's a Wrap For the League: "It's there; I have a consistent 3-point shot now" - Rose"

7 years ago '09        #2
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,409 | Props total: 12350 12350
f**k that!!! I'll believe it when I see it. It's something different to knock down open shots in an empty gym than do it in a real live game with pressure. He gets props when and if he is a good 3 point shooter.
 07-15-2010, 12:15 AM         #3
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Talk is cheap.
 7 years ago '07        #4
Bkjj11 3547 heat pts3547
space
space
$92,369 | Props total: 69904 69904
next week, it'll be rondo with this report
 7 years ago '06        #5
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 600 600
that would be scary if he adds that to his game but I hear peeps with M.I.A range say that every offseason though... Every year IGGY claims he locked himself in the gym and developed a consistant jumpshot, we all see how that's been working out
 7 years ago '07        #6
Captain Fresh 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,012 | Props total: 7511 7511
 Fly 2ndComing said:
f**k that!!! I'll believe it when I see it. It's something different to knock down open shots in an empty gym than do it in a real live game with pressure. He gets props when and if he is a good 3 point shooter.
:cool-smiley-009:

i wouldnt even believe my dude Grand Theft Rondo if he said that
 7 years ago '06        #7
cboi3523 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,962 | Props total: 44 44
That's if he even gets to put that sh*t up.
 7 years ago '09        #8
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
nahhhhhh
 07-15-2010, 12:26 AM         #9
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He can't even recite the alphabet consistently.
 7 years ago '07        #10
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
i'll believe it when i see it. rondo spend the entirey of last summer locked in the gym with mark price and had his worst shooting season in 3 years.
 7 years ago '05        #11
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,053 | Props total: 6953 6953
Rose ain't say that.....you know that n*gga can't complete a sentence without drooling all over his self and passing out
 7 years ago '05        #12
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,053 | Props total: 6953 6953
 joshdogg26 said:
i'll believe it when i see it. rondo spend the entirey of last summer locked in the gym with mark price and had his worst shooting season in 3 years.
so we gon act like Rondo aint hit that clutch 3 in game 7 to save the Celtics series for another minute
 7 years ago '07        #13
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
 MARTIAN MAR said:
so we gon act like Rondo aint hit that clutch 3 in game 7 to save the Celtics series for another minute
that's all good and well, but that doesn't mean his percentages didn't dip from 10-15 feet, 16-23 feet, and from 3
 7 years ago '10        #14
Official253 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,909 | Props total: 1269 1269
if its true what he says.. then thats wassup!
 7 years ago '06        #15
ryancalm23 
space
space
space
$51 | Props total: 1 1
its a WRAAPP ! hes too fast, too good, and now he got a shot!? omg dunnnnzo!
 7 years ago '04        #16
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
 MARTIAN MAR said:
Rose ain't say that.....you know that n*gga can't complete a sentence without drooling all over his self and passing out
they dun know bout Bradley
 7 years ago '08        #17
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
this sounds like when dwight howard supposedly got a jumper during the olympics

i'll believe it when i see it in the games. most nba players are able to knock down threes in an open gym
 07-15-2010, 12:49 AM         #18
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BrownBag said:
good to hear him being very confident

fear the
[pic - click to view]

:dancingcool:
i see what u did there
 7 years ago '06        #19
01seay 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3475 3475
 MARTIAN MAR said:
You know damn well Rondo don't have a jumper...that shot was a miracle.

7 years ago '07        #20
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
Ducktales Owwwwwwwww owww
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
306 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Bortles on Seahawks: "We beat the crap out of them for 60 minutes"
93 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy