Shane Mosley vs Sergio Mora[9-18-10][HBO PPV]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
108 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
Mosley by Ko 0 0%
Mosley by Decision 3 75.00%
Draw 0 0%
Mora by KO 0 0%
Mora by Decision 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #21
infam0uskills 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,450 | Props total: 5563 5563
damn this n*gga mosley paper chasing heavy, retirement must be approaching fast.
 7 years ago '06        #22
GunMedalGleam 
space
space
$398 | Props total: 100 100
To me the Mosley Mayweather f!ght looked very much fixed Mosley Has plenty left in the tank. Moras no completely trash. He has a little somthen somthen. Why a f!ght with Mosley tho i dont know. I guess they plan to use the mora forest f!ght as a marketing point. Mosley ganna knock this guys head off. Few KO's in a row an he will be marketable again.
 7 years ago '08        #23
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,733 | Props total: 11628 11628
Mosley would still beat Mora, dudes a bum :lachen001:
 7 years ago '04        #24
sugenutt 
space
space
$1,476 | Props total: 7 7
ppv? lol f**k that
 7 years ago '08        #25
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,839 | Props total: 1336 1336
not a bad f!ght... Mora looked good on the RJJ/BHop undercard... he definitely put on the best performance of any f!ght on that night
 7 years ago '06        #26
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
 MR FIGGA said:
Mora with the upset I'm callin it n*ggas!!!
ummmm why?

even the calvin green dude rocked sergio early... shane should be favorite in the -900-1500 range
 7 years ago '06        #27
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Berto vs Mosley Was Being Pushed By HBO, Says DiBella

By Lem Satterfield

According to promoter Lou DiBella, HBO was pushing very hard for Andre Berto to defend his WBC welterweight title against ex-champion Shane Mosley. DiBella discussed the f!ght with Mosley's promoter, Golden Boy Promotions, but a dispute over purse caused the bout to fall through. Mosley was set to challenge Berto in January of this year. Berto withdrew to a.ssist family members who affected by the earthquake in Haiti. Mosley would later sign a contract to f!ght Floyd Mayweather Jr. in May.

DiBella is surprised that HBO, despite Mosley's one-sided decision loss to Mayweather, was pushed so hard for a f!ght to happen with Berto. DiBella would like Berto to f!ght some of the other champions at the weight like IBF champion Jan Zaveck or WBA champ Vyacheslav Senchenko, but the network has no interest. The only opponent the network has even mentioned to Berto, is Mosley. DiBella was open to making that f!ght. He said Mosley's demand of 60% was the breaking point. Berto was willing to go 50-50 down the line. After the negotiations broke, Mosley signed to f!ght Sergio Mora in a junior middleweight contest on September 18 at Staples Center.

"You can't clean out the division really unless the f!ghts are purchased by television. That's another thing. HBO has had no interest in allowing Berto to unify the 147 pound title. No interest. For the most part all that they've said for recent months was Shane Mosley, who we were supposed to f!ght, as you know, on Jan. 30 originally," DiBella said.

"But then, when we negotiated for a Shane Mosley f!ght, he insisted on getting 60 percent of the money, and we were unable to do a deal. And frankly, I think that HBO is upset that that deal didn't happen. So as of right now, I believe that they would remain committed to Berto, but we would have to work out a f!ght."

Berto is willing to f!ght several names at welterweight, or even junior middleweight, including Antonio Margarito, Miguel Cotto or Tim Bradley.

"On a fair deal, get me one of those other guys. Get me Margarito, get me Cotto. We're not scared of Tim Bradley. It's not like there aren't f!ghts out there. Or a 50-50 deal with Shane Mosley where you went to the site of the highest bidder? That deal would have been closed already. If they want to criticize the kid about his opposition, the kid would f!ght anybody," DiBella said.

"I was a little shocked that there was so much pressure for us to f!ght Shane Mosley after he had lost 11-and-a-half of 12 rounds against Floyd Mayweather. What does a f!ght with Shane Mosley prove for a young champion If Golden Boy didn't have Shane Mosley, I wonder if that would have been pushed so hard. But I just think that it's not only the 60-40 split, but it's who is controlling the promotion. Berto would not have been promoted as the A-side of that f!ght -- Mosley would have been.That would have been dictated by the 60 percent that they were demanding."

Lem Satterfield is the boxing editor at AOL FanHouse and the news editor at BoxingScene.com. To read more from Lem Satterfield, go to AOL FanHouse by Clicking Here.

7 years ago '06        #28
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,481 | Props total: 258 258
 Fishscale said:
lol, u lose. u shouldnt get elite opposition .
u 100% right
 7 years ago '04        #29
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
why isnt he f!ghting berto?
 7 years ago '05        #30
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,067 | Props total: 1046 1046
 creep said:
why isnt he f!ghting berto?
Berto was asking for a lot of money
 7 years ago '07        #31
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,095 | Props total: 30449 30449
 Sizzler01 said:
Berto was asking for a lot of money
I dunno... I think 50/50 is kinda fair actually. Maybe, f!ght at Staples... split TV money 50/50, and Shane can have the building.
 7 years ago '05        #32
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,067 | Props total: 1046 1046
 stogz said:
I dunno... I think 50/50 is kinda fair actually. Maybe, f!ght at Staples... split TV money 50/50, and Shane can have the building.
yeah 50/50 is fair, thought i read Berto was asking for more but i see an article about it on boxingscene saying mosley was asking for 60
 08-03-2010, 07:04 PM         #34
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why is this paper-view? and when is shane going to retire?
 7 years ago '06        #35
space
space
Mosley-More Quick Quotes
LA Press Conference

[pic - click to view]

Photo: Big Joe Miranda

By Francisco Salazar

Sergio Mora: “I pay homage and respect to Shane. The word great needs to be earned and the two people that have earned that title are Oscar and Shane. Shane’s a gentleman and a warrior in and out of the ring. However, I have to pay homage to myself. I have a lot of qualities that have been overshadowed. I feel it’s my time now.

Shane Mosley: I’m happy to f!ght again and be in the ring. I know that Sergio will bring alot out of me. He has alot of abilities. We’re both competitive so it should be a good f!ght.

Oscar De La Hoya: You can’t count out Sergio. You can’t forget that he won the “Contender” and he beat the late Vernon Forrest. Sergio is a force to be reckoned with at 154 pounds. Shane is a throwback f!ghter. A great f!ghter. We are officially making Shane a Mexican. His nickname will now be azucar (sugar in Spanish).

Saul Alvarez:
I am very happy to be a part of an important card. I will do my best to give a great show on September 18th.

Victor Ortiz This is a great stage to be a part of. I know that this will be a tough f!ght.

Other highlights
- Super lightweight David Rodela will also be on the card.

- Tickets start at just $20.

- Tickets are on sale now at the STAPLES Center box office or on Ticketmaster

- This will be the official sporting event of the bicentennial affiliated with Mexican Independence Day on September 16th, sponsored by the Counsulate General of Mexico in Los Angeles
 7 years ago '06        #37
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Should be an interesting f!ght.
 7 years ago '06        #39
space
space
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
66 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
33 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy