Ready to Die vs Me Against the World

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
47 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
109 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
83 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
290 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Ready to Die vs Me Against the World
Ready to Die 36 40.00%
Me Against the World 54 60.00%
Voters: 90. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #1
8186 pageviews
53 comments

Megastorm 42 heat pts42
space
space
space
$4,378 | Props total: 1246 1246
Ready to Die vs Me Against the World: Which one u like more?

I've always felt that Me Against the World (released 1995) was Pacs best album and Ready to Die (released 1994)was Biggies best album. These albums showcased them at their peak imo. What album do ya'll like more? Vote for the one u like more...post something aswell...

Highlights below...

Ready to Die

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Me Against the World

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

I love both these albums. Biggie's Ready to Die is filled with rich storytelling from "Gimme the Loot" to "Warning" to "Suicidal Thoughts" and it's one of the most consistant theme albums ever. But at the end, I gotta ride with Pac's Me Against the World. That album is rap-poetry at it's best. "So many Tears", "Lord Knows", "f**k the World", "It ain't easy", "Outlaw" and "death Around the Corner" are timeless. Pac's emotions are felt from the first song to the last. He gives it to you rather sad or mad. This is Pac doing what he does best...pouring it out...and he delivers on every track with heartfelt consistancy.

Last edited by Megastorm; 07-11-2010 at 06:58 PM..

53 comments for "Ready to Die vs Me Against the World"

7 years ago '10        #2
Megastorm 42 heat pts42 OP
space
space
space
$4,378 | Props total: 1246 1246
 Mr Crackee said:
the tie breaker for me is the production. Ready to Die gets my vote
The tie breaker for me was when I compared what I felt were the three best songs on each album. "So Many Tears", "Dear Mama" and and number songs that can be placed in that third spot outdue any combination of three from Ready to Die imo. It's a tough comparison overall tho.
 7 years ago '04        #3
booie4 
space
space
$5,266 | Props total: 1556 1556
IMO, Me Against the World is the best album I"VE ever heard, and i heard Ready to Die. Which i think is a tad bit overrated
 7 years ago '04        #4
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,544 | Props total: 535 535
very close i could see reasons for both but honestly id have to choose ready to die for the production and the slight edge on lyricism
 07-11-2010, 08:13 PM         #5
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Me Against The World.

"Everyday Struggle" is probably the only track from Ready To Die I can listen to. I guess it's all about what you can relate to. Biggie wasn't rapping about robbing people for pure entertainment. He was rapping about that because it was reality to him.

I rarely listen to Ready To Die because it's not something I want to glorify anymore. Reasonable Doubt is better than Ready To Die because it has a different outlook on things.

When Big was rapping about the drugs and the k!lling he seemed hopeless. When Jay raps about the drugs it's just business.

"I want to dedicate this song to all the people who call the police on me when I was only trying to make some money to feed my daughter." Biggie just sounds lame. He was lost. Jay on the other hand was business. "I ain't trying to survive, I'm trying to live it to the limit and love it a lot.

[video - click to view]

07-11-2010, 08:19 PM         #6
LoeSoSick 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Biggies Ryhms r doppee if you listen to them carfully... i havent heard any bad song from biggie... 2pac not a big fan of but i will bumnp some of this songs
 7 years ago '06        #7
angelo noel 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,814 | Props total: 1393 1393
"It's just me against the world, baby."
 07-11-2010, 08:25 PM         #8
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
But if you really want to know how Boxden feel, you remember when we had the bracket? Ready To Die beat Me Against The World.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #9
trb_5 
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 751 751
ready to die didnt get me emotionally involved like tupac did...and on top of that he from the west...and on top of that pac is my favorite rapper

so i gotta go with matw...but ready to die is a classic
 7 years ago '06        #10
jj01 
space
space
$44,975 | Props total: 4691 4691
me against the world by far, rtd is mad overrated
 7 years ago '04        #11
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Me Against The World easily for me. I still shuffle that in my random playlist everyday
 7 years ago '07        #12
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,791 | Props total: 14597 14597
 jj01 said:
me against the world by far, rtd is mad overrated
they both are I don't think Me Against the World is Pac's best album.
 07-11-2010, 09:19 PM         #13
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Joe Budden said:
But if you really want to know how Boxden feel, you remember when we had the bracket? Ready To Die beat Me Against The World.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #14
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,544 | Props total: 535 535
 trb_5 said:
ready to die didnt get me emotionally involved like tupac did...and on top of that he from the west...and on top of that pac is my favorite rapper

so i gotta go with matw...but ready to die is a classic
are u serious? pac was from the east coast dude...
 7 years ago '06        #15
bugzy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,420 | Props total: 110 110
Matw....and i dont even think its as close as yall make it out 2 be
 7 years ago '06        #16
dakid_htfdl 
space
space
space
$66 | Props total: 0 0
my personal pick me against the world, ready to die alil to suicidal for me lol
 7 years ago '04        #17
Ateace3 
space
space
$4,060 | Props total: 27 27
ready to die. blaow.
 07-11-2010, 09:57 PM         #18
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tie to me... Big's brain was kinda where Pac's was on 2pacolypse now. And as we can see, 90% of mofo's don't even speak on that 2pac.

But both albums were real.. Both took you places mentally... Both had you dancing.. Both had you in the corner just bobbin your head with your eyes closed... Both of them are appreciated by all true hip hop fans.. Both sold about 4 millie or so before the deaths... I really don't see any way to split the 2. Except it being Big's rookie joint. He had the game on smash when he was out, and it was his first Joint... It instantly propelled him to the title of Top 3 in the game lyrically and commercially, Big made cats step there rap game up from just talking about gangsta s**t... Big also had more hits, and more successful remixes and cameos...

-EDIT- But Pac did have the BIGGER HIT IN "Dear Momma".
 07-11-2010, 09:59 PM         #19
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AiRDoGG923 said:
supposedly according to pac, ready to die was a complete copy of pac's original me against the world. he said that when he heard biggies album then he had to totally re-do his own album otherwise people wouldve thought pac was biting big, but it was actually the other way around.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #20
Scallinno 231 heat pts231
space
space
$1,705 | Props total: 738 738
 palogee said:

[pic - click to view]

Pac did say that. Not saying I agreed with him, but I think that most of that stuff ended up being R U Still Down. And if that's the case, I can see what he means.

MATW was Pac's most complete work. My personal favorite. Ready 2 Die was not overated. Big was on some get money however I can s**t, and life being f**ked up without it. Both you can really feel them thru the songs, just Pac a lil more. He seemed like he was speaking to/for everybody in the hood, no matter where you were. Songs like Lord Knows, It Ain't Easy, Heavy in the Game, Pac did it.

Both are definite eternal rotation worthy.

Damn the golden age of rap was good.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
35 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
76 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
115 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
167 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
129 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy