most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
129 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
6014 pageviews
8 comments

J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,322 | Props total: 2472 2472
Which video formats does the PS3 play?

i wanna kno if it can play downloaded video on it before i go and dl stuff?

and if it can do u guys transfer from the cpu or dl directly to the ps3?

8 comments for "Which video formats does the PS3 play?"

07-11-2010, 07:34 PM         #2
FaceMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you use PS3 server and stream yours s**t it plays pretty much everything. I dont know about FLV though.

Here is a converter:

Without streaming....

Movie and video file formats supported by the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system
Answer ID: 361 Product: PS3™ system-Hardware,Features

The PlayStation 3 supports the following movie and video file formats:

* Disc Formats
o DVD Video with either region [1] or [ALL] 1
o DVD-R/-RW, DVD+R/+RW1, 3
o Blu-ray Discs™ (BD) containing video content with region code [A]5, 7, 8, 10
o BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10

* MPEG-1 (MPEG Audio Layer 2)

* MPEG-2 PS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AAC LC, AC3 (Dolby Digital), LPCM)

* MPEG-2 TS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2) AVCHD (.m2ts / .mts)

* Memory Stick™ Video Formats
o MPEG-4 SP (AAC LC)
o H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile (AAC LC)

* AVI
o Motion JPEG (Linear PCM)
o Motion JPEG (u-Law)

* MP4 File Format
o H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile (AAC LC)

* DivX and VC-1 (WMV)6
Requires PlayStation 3 system software version 2.10 or higher.

Things to note about movie/video formats and playback :

* Depending on the data type, some files may not be playable or some control panel options may not function during playback.
* Some video files distributed over the Internet have playback restrictions. For details, contact the content provider.
* When using a USB adaptor to play video files, you may need to use a USB adaptor (not included) that supports copyright-protection features (to play copyright-protected files). When using a USB adaptor to play AVCHD-format video files saved on Memory Stick media, use a device that supports Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0).
* If your video files are copy protected, they may not play on the PlayStation 3 system.

1 When outputting DVD content or PlayStation®3 format software in SD resolution, only discs recorded in the NTSC standard can be played.

2 Multi-channel Super Audio CD playback requires a multi-channel audio receiver with HDMI input.

3 Playback only.

4 Playback of BD-RE ver 1.0 discs is not supported.

5 Copyright-protected Blu-ray video discs can only be output at 1080p using an HDMI cable connected to a device that is compatible with the HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) standard.

6 To play VC-1 (WMV) format files, you must go to (Settings) > (System Settings) and set [Enable WMA Playback]. Copyright-protected files or files that were encoded by using DivX 3.11 cannot be played.

7 With system update version 2.10 or greater, Blu-ray Disc Profile 1.1 is now supported. This allows the "Picture in Picture" feature to be used with some Profile 1.1-compatible Blu-ray Discs. Features available vary depending on the disc.

8 Blu-ray Discs programmed in 1080p 24Hz are supported via the HDMI port only. To enable this setting go to [Settings] > [BD/DVD Settings] > [BD 1080p 24 Hz Output (HDMI)] and change this setting to "Automatic." Note that both the display/AV amplifier (receiver) and the Blu-ray Disc in use must support 1080p 24Hz for this output to be supported.

9 BD-R version 1.2 (LTH* BD-R) discs can now be played.
* LTH, or low to high, is a recording method that supports organic dye, write once BD-R media.

10 With system software version 2.20 or greater, Blu-ray Profile 2.0 (BD-Live) is now supported. You can connect to the Internet while playing discs that support this format so that you can obtain additional features. Features that are available vary depending on the software in use.

Last edited by FaceMob; 07-11-2010 at 07:38 PM..
 07-12-2010, 09:37 AM         #3
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MPEG 1, 2, 3, and 4 (not always)

DIVX, XVID (not always)

AVC H264 and X264 (Best format worth watching on PS3)

A lot of s**t formats, and incompatibility issues. You can stream but that sucks, the fastest method is to store them on an external hard drive.
 07-12-2010, 10:15 AM         #4
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is all you need

* Ready to launch and play. No codec packs to install. No folder configuration and pre-parsing or this kind of annoying thing. All your folders are directly browsed by the PS3, there's an automatic refresh also.
* Real-time video transcoding of MKV/FLV/OGM/AVI, etc.
* Direct streaming of DTS / DTS-HD core to the receiver
* Remux H264/MPEG2 video and all audio tracks to AC3/DTS/LPCM in real time with tsMuxer when H264 is PS3/Level4.1 compliant
* Full seeking support when transcoding
* DVD ISOs images / VIDEO_TS Folder transcoder
* OGG/FLAC/MPC/APE audio transcoding
* Thumbnail generation for Videos
* You can choose with a virtual folder system your audio/subtitle language on the PS3!
* Simple streaming of formats PS3 natively supports: MP3/JPG/PNG/GIF/TIFF, all kind of videos (AVI, MP4, TS, M2TS, MPEG)
* Display camera RAWs thumbnails (Canon / Nikon, etc.)
* ZIP/RAR files as browsable folders
* Support for pictures based feeds, such as Flickr and Picasaweb
* Internet TV / Web Radio support with VLC, MEncoder or MPlayer
* Podcasts audio/ Video feeds support
* Basic Xbox360 support
* FLAC 96kHz/24bits/5.1 support
* Windows Only: DVR-MS remuxer and AviSynth alternative transcoder support
if you run into a volume issue with any mkv files you can use mkv2vob to do a very very fast convert to mpg with no loss of quality.

I havent transfered a file to my ps3 in over a year thanks to this. It also allows you to view any files on your PC at any time and you can transfer if you choose to using it
 7 years ago '04        #5
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
 TriangleOffense said:
This is all you need

if you run into a volume issue with any mkv files you can use mkv2vob to do a very very fast convert to mpg with no loss of quality.

I havent transfered a file to my ps3 in over a year thanks to this. It also allows you to view any files on your PC at any time and you can transfer if you choose to using it
:agreement6: PS3 Media Server is the s**t.
 7 years ago '07        #6
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
 TriangleOffense said:
This is all you need

I'm using Windows Vista which one do I DL???
 7 years ago '07        #7
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
 FeedTheBeast said:
I'm using Windows Vista which one do I DL???
No help???

And how do I dl it?? Do I have to dl on my pc and transfer it with a flash drive or something?? Or can it do it from the PS3 browser??? Might sound like dumb questions but I'm lost on this one.
 7 years ago '04        #8
1nonly 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,453 | Props total: 1239 1239
Thanks for all the info
 07-28-2010, 09:09 AM         #9
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FeedTheBeast said:
No help???

And how do I dl it?? Do I have to dl on my pc and transfer it with a flash drive or something?? Or can it do it from the PS3 browser??? Might sound like dumb questions but I'm lost on this one.

you install it on your pc turn it on set up the folders you want to share and head to yoru ps3 for your movie viewing pleasure
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
134 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy