Will there be wrestling games like these anymore? (NO MERCY & WCW vs. NWO)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
6853 pageviews
68 comments

~:Frank White:~ 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,765 | Props total: 135 135
Will there be wrestling games like these anymore? (NO MERCY & WCW vs. NWO)

:agreement6::agreement6:

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

WWF Wrestlemania 2000 TOO!

[video - click to view]

:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::a greement6:
THIS WAS MY s**t!!!!!!

[video - click to view]

68 comments for "Will there be wrestling games like these anymore? (NO MERCY & WCW vs. NWO)"

07-11-2010, 07:25 AM         #3
FaceMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WCW Revenge >>>>>>
 7 years ago '07        #4
celphtitled 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,870 | Props total: 42 42
classics

wrestling in general was much better in them days though..
 7 years ago '05        #5
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,020 | Props total: 537 537
motherf**kers really hung up on no mercy i didnt have a 64 so i trslly dont understand the hype all these years later ... someone explain what make this better than the current series
 7 years ago '09        #6
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,907 | Props total: 838 838
 monrowe said:
motherf**kers really hung up on no mercy i didnt have a 64 so i trslly dont understand the hype all these years later ... someone explain what make this better than the current series
Yeah me too!
 07-11-2010, 10:36 AM         #7
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tsukuyomi said:
^^^ f!ghting mechanics were much better and the story mode was the best ever in any wrestling game (imho)...

It had the best royal rumble mode ever, I like it even better than today's royal rumble modes...

Only wrestling game I've played since then that has gotten close to no mercy is wwe smackdown vs raw 2010... and I still prefer No Mercy over it...

Disagree. Ihavent liked anything wrestling related from THQ since they switched over to the SVR Franchise. All those game for the most part have been slow,clunky, cluttered with unnecessary mini-games, suffer from extreme collision detection problems and a rather limited season mode. The character models and in-game lighting effects were brighter as well. while SVR has improved graphically,especially on current gen consoles, the gameplay still bores me. I missed the fast arcade style from here comes the pain. Im anticipating WWE All-Stars on PS3 because its looking like the classic aracde style THQ started with.

As for No Mercy, i wont deny the fun factor,the game was definitly fun and somewhat fast. I loved the exageerated sound effects and sells for moves in the game. Also this game has been the best at incorporating ring psycology into wrestling games, The ability to work on a particular body part of an opponents to secure a quick victory was a great idea and makes submissions useful. you cant exactly create spot on appearances of some wrestlers in CAW mode due to limitations of it being on the cartridge format. But what they lacked in impressive realistic character models, they more than made up for in the Moves/Taunts/f!ghting Style/ETC. departments. also they have moves for every possible match situaion, apron/ropes/turnbuckle. The game was very fun. but once you have beaten all the championships modes,unlocked all characters and ITEMS it becomes rather redundant and starts to age fast. No mercy also had the problem of glitching and becoming slow with more than 2 players on-screen at once, not all the time but enough to make you be like "f**k it". Heres my final weigh in on NO mercy.

Its a very fun and ambitious game that really used the n64 power to its tru potential, but the limitations of n64 stopped it from being as perfect as it would have been. Had WWF No mercy been produced on Playstation, where it could added even more depth and better graphics tp a system that was capable of handling all the memory, it would have truely become the best Wrestling game ever made. HCTP/SYM hold greater contention for the title of BEST. But Smackdown 2: Know Your Role's season mode ,til this day takes epic mecha-god-zilla shyts on every other wrestling game. seriously there was so much stuff to unlock and storyline to be in that i never fully discovered everything. wrestlers would actually get injured and be out for a while. shyt was hella deep

Only problem was the shytload of loading screens and skip match simulating things for every damn match. that alone is a reason for banishing the entire game to the bowels of distant memory

Last edited by Rhyme n Tekniq; 07-11-2010 at 10:48 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #8
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
nwo vs wcw was my s**t i could beat people under 20 seconds start with running punch then hype up then throw against rope and do another running closeline by then do ur special.....game....
 07-11-2010, 12:00 PM         #9
PUA Lifestyle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wrestling games have been s**t since nintendo 64
 07-11-2010, 12:22 PM         #10
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I still think wcw revenge was better than no mercy.
 7 years ago '04        #11
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
had all them ones developed by AKI even had the import version

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by K1; 07-11-2010 at 04:45 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #12
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 716 716
No Mercy kept me up many of nights. Me, my brother and my next door neighbor used to play that joint religiously. :agreement6:
 7 years ago '04        #13
~:Frank White:~ 12 heat pts12 OP
space
space
$1,765 | Props total: 135 135
i liked CAWs...all old school
 7 years ago '05        #14
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,614 | Props total: 13674 13674
 Rhyme n Tekniq said:
Had WWF No mercy been produced on Playstation, where it could added even more depth and better graphics
The Playstation was a 32 bit system, you can't possibly think that it could muster up better graphics than a 64 bit system like the Nintendo 64, do you?
 7 years ago '06        #15
Supreme7 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,823 | Props total: 1991 1991
i wish they had online play for them n64 wresling games they was crack.. we use to play that for hours
 07-11-2010, 05:27 PM         #16
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what the hell NO MERCY for the 64 looks like the exact same s**t as WCW vs NWO control scheme and everything .IS IT? ? ? ? ?

cause wcw vs nwo was the best game ever imo but i never knew WWF made a version too with all the same controls was it also THQ or something?
 07-11-2010, 05:31 PM         #17
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wcw nwo revenge was great too
 7 years ago '07        #18
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
This s**t was flames

~:Frank White:~ said:
:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::a greement6:
THIS WAS MY s**t!!!!!!

I used to put in work on these s**ts

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #19
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
I missed those simple controls.. Sometimes simple is better. Even though the controls weren't so complex in that game, the game was alot more technical than some people think.

My n*gga put me on to this game called King of Colosseum years ago for PS2..its very technical but once you get a hang of it..this s**t go harrrrrd!

But nothin beats the early n64 thq ones.
 7 years ago '05        #20
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,020 | Props total: 537 537
now i do think its about time they made a wrestling game that sold body part injuries that had better reversals . more enviornmental interaction... i understand the fustration with rehashed sd v raw but im jsut starting to think its jsut convenient to say no mercy. cus i enjoyed 2010 but then again dont play a new one every year . i do think that wwe and the developer is keep s**t arms length so it has something to add the next year. cus the s**t could be done right. i think there should be a gm /booker mode to build a franchise or some s**t . i dont think its so much about the action as much is it is about the gaming experience. i think no mercy from what i hear was the last game that had better action situation
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy