Sports Illustrated: 'Bron Took The Easy Way Out

most viewed right now
Jersey Drug King-Pin gets sworn in as a lawyer
34 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Pusha Takes DIRECT SHOT AT Wheelchair Jimmy DRAKE "It was Never Written Like Q..
192 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Ignorance is bliss to foolish hoodrats
50 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
RIP Pusha T just ended his own career tonight by taking a shot at Drake
135 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #101
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,260 | Props total: 2160 2160
 haff3131 said:
not 1 of the players kobe plays with right now would ever ever ever be confused with a guy who would be able to carry a team by himself. he is surrounded by GREAT role players. gasol is growing into a beast but i dont recall him being considered this good in memphis. kobes made it easier for him to play,and vice versa. lebron james just teamed with 2 guys who would normally be considered centerpieces for a good team in the nba. theres a pretty big difference there. if nothing else, at least i wont have to listen to the "whos better, kobe or lebron" bs all year. thankfully lebron answered that question for us..

a lot of real talk in the article as well

Last edited by kakish; 07-09-2010 at 04:09 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #102
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 150 150
 stlcardinals19 said:
Correct. LeBron is better than a sidekick, so I'm not seeing as to why folks won't believe it'll be a 1a 1b situation much like Shaq and Kobe. But the point I hoped to convey is that LeBron was active in trying to bring in the best he could hope for, in Bosh, to Cleveland. The Gasol to his Kobe, per se. When Bosh said, "no thanks," then LeBron did what he thought was the best chance to win a chip, IMO. Bosh isn't the end all, but he would've added a huge piece to puzzle.
The difference is Kobe and Shaq's game complimented each other fairly well. Shaq was the big man that could draw double teams while Kobe could slash and draw double teams. Their games were different and they could feed off of each other.

Bron and Wade are the same type of players. They are drive and kick players that don't do as well without the ball.
 8 years ago '04        #103
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,790 | Props total: 3409 3409
 CA$H MONEY said:
:agreement6: What you all fail to realize is this.......As an Ohioan(dayton..bout 3 1/2 hrs from Cleveland) I know how those folks up that way feel....They stuck by his side through all of the times he's needed them. Ohio is the reason he's considered by some "the king".....Ohio always has and will always be one of those "worship a homegrown star" states. When he was in high school, people from that area as well as the whole state pumped him up harder than a lil bit....The anger comes from the fact that the one time this state needed him, he bolted...Ohio has lost a lot of stuff recently. The one bit of solace that was felt was in the fact that we still had "the king"......He indeed did take the easy road.....Simple as that....Sad to say but thats what this generation is built on....taking the easy road.....SMH...:disdain2:

Ppl like you k!ll me.... No he didnt take the esy road he took the winning road.... Cleveland is lame sports venue do they hav any chips.... it really doesnt matter.... im glad lebron left to move on to winning...... I wish i was in Cleveland now so i could laugh in there face...
 8 years ago '04        #104
Menace718 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,695 | Props total: 847 847
I think that some people are defending Lebron by getting into the sidekick thing with Wade too much. I think so many people who are mad he went to Miami are mad for that reason, not that he left Cleveland. I feel like if he went to NY, Chicago or even New Jersey people wouldn't have been so pissed off and I'm sure the Cleveland fans would still be irrate but so much if Lebron went somewhere besides Miami aka the city full of fans who don't give a s**t
 07-09-2010, 04:34 PM         #105
TRU20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bottom Line none of you are gonna say anything bad about this dude when he starts making a s**t load more money off endorsements and has like 10 rings with D Wade and CB4. Around this time next year all of you LeBron Stans will be d*ck riding all over again like this s**t never happend. Nuff Said. So quit pus*y footin.
 8 years ago '07        #106
PaiD iN FuLL 1 heat pts
space
space
$480 | Props total: 86 86
Damn the King just got straight s**tted on
 8 years ago '08        #107
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,417 | Props total: 6130 6130
 I'm The Dan said:
The difference is Kobe and Shaq's game complimented each other fairly well. Shaq was the big man that could draw double teams while Kobe could slash and draw double teams. Their games were different and they could feed off of each other.

Bron and Wade are the same type of players. They are drive and kick players that don't do as well without the ball.
I see. So you don't think Lebron can take more of a PG-type role, ala Magic Johnson? That's how I always saw him as.
 8 years ago '08        #108
Kingbonafyde 
space
space
$275 | Props total: 0 0
7 years is ample time to get LBJ a team they didnt, so he went to join two vlose friends so that they can all win titles together...dont be mad at the man for giving you almost a decade and then leaving when your ownership showed no signs of giving him any real talent to help him win, f**kn pathetic...its a damn shame when a man gets crticized for wanting to win
 8 years ago '06        #109
MASEANDDIDDY 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,976 | Props total: 58 58
 Lupe Hunter said:
n*ggas are sad

[pic - click to view]

sorry i gota
 8 years ago '04        #110
fullgrown 
space
space
$336 | Props total: 15 15
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
man ppl need to shut that loyalt bs up rite now. WHEN WE LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE EVERYONE LOOKS OUT FOR THEMSELF. LIKE LETS BE HONEST IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT AND THEY CUT LBJ

AFTER HE WAS THERE FOR YEARS AND NEVER WON A RING. YOU REALLY THING THEY WOULD BE LIKE

OH WERE GONNA BE LOYAL AND KEEP U ON THE ROSTER. BS WHEN THEY THINK YOUR DONE THEY CUT U THEY GET RID OF U. BUT BECAUSE HE CHOOSE TO GO YALL WANNA TALK ABOUT LOAYALT ARE U SERIOUS.

AND PPL HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL DAN GILBERT A HERO?? ARE U SERIOUS f**k OUTTA HERE
Dan is a b**ch all before he was kissing a.ss and playing videos for lebron and how much they love the man. And when the man decide to leave you start hating and talking down out the side of your neck. Now his true colors come out. I wouldn't play for his a.ss either. In my Lil Wayne voice "South Beach Miami hoe"

P.S. My Camron Voice "He mad, he mad, he mad" LOL
 8 years ago '07        #111
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,238 | Props total: 2427 2427
 Kingbonafyde said:
7 years is ample time to get LBJ a team they didnt, so he went to join two vlose friends so that they can all win titles together...dont be mad at the man for giving you almost a decade and then leaving when your ownership showed no signs of giving him any real talent to help him win, f**kn pathetic...its a damn shame when a man gets crticized for wanting to win
 8 years ago '09        #112
kingstown04 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,576 | Props total: 150 150
 Kingbonafyde said:
this.....whether its his fault or not in the 7 years he didn't win a ring he saw a better opening he took it he wants to win you can't blame him..does that make d.wade any less of a player for invitin lebron and bosh to come play with him they want to win championships so let em....
 07-09-2010, 05:01 PM         #113
hellonearth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
man ppl need to shut that loyalt bs up rite now. WHEN WE LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE EVERYONE LOOKS OUT FOR THEMSELF. LIKE LETS BE HONEST IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT AND THEY CUT LBJ

AFTER HE WAS THERE FOR YEARS AND NEVER WON A RING. YOU REALLY THING THEY WOULD BE LIKE

OH WERE GONNA BE LOYAL AND KEEP U ON THE ROSTER. BS WHEN THEY THINK YOUR DONE THEY CUT U THEY GET RID OF U. BUT BECAUSE HE CHOOSE TO GO YALL WANNA TALK ABOUT LOAYALT ARE U SERIOUS.

AND PPL HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL DAN GILBERT A HERO?? ARE U SERIOUS f**k OUTTA HERE
You are about right
 8 years ago '05        #114
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
 stlcardinals19 said:
I see. So you don't think Lebron can take more of a PG-type role, ala Magic Johnson? That's how I always saw him as.
No, I don't. This is Wade's team and he's more of a PG than Bron. Wade has 2x better handles than Bron and is a much better passer. That means Bron will be playing off the ball more which he just isn't that great at. He needs the ball in his hands and so does Wade.
 07-09-2010, 05:14 PM         #115
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
shaq wasnt top 3 in tha league when he was wit kobeshaq was betta than kobe fool
i couldnt even read tha rest of that stupidity
Jacka** I said two top 3 players AND a top 15 player. As in included the top 15 player. Kobe and Shaq were the allstars on the Lakers, that is it. The rest were role players. When Payton and Malone came on the team, they were both past their prime.
 8 years ago '07        #116
AwolRJ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,191 | Props total: 5 5
Thank you lebron for proving you aint s**t!
 8 years ago '08        #117
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,417 | Props total: 6130 6130
 I'm The Dan said:
No, I don't. This is Wade's team and he's more of a PG than Bron. Wade has 2x better handles than Bron and is a much better passer. That means Bron will be playing off the ball more which he just isn't that great at. He needs the ball in his hands and so does Wade.
I see, I see. What about D-Wade being able to play off the ball. I admit, I haven't seen Wade play in a while, so I'm kinda ignorant on his playing style. Would Wade playing off the ball be more effective than LeBron playing off the ball? Would Wade sacrifice ball control for efficiency?

Last edited by stlcardinals19; 07-09-2010 at 05:23 PM..
 07-09-2010, 05:22 PM         #118
Hale  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Meh pau got game over bosh for days, so it just rests with kobe and artest to shut the other 2 down, ill take my odds with the lakers next year again (3peat) if i was a betting man me thinks.
 8 years ago '05        #119
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
 stlcardinals19 said:
I see, I see. What about D-Wade being able to play off the ball. I admit, I haven't seen Wade play in a while, so I'm kinda ignorant on his playing style. Would Wade playing off the ball be more effective than LeBron playing off the ball? Would Wade sacrifice ball control for efficiency?
I think Wade would be much better off of the ball. His jumper is much better than Bron's. The problem I see is the Heat will have three nice players and the rest of the team being average or below average. That means you can sag off of them a bit to help with the driving lanes when Wade or Bron drives in.

But as for your question, if Wade is fine with playing off of the ball (I don't think he will be.. I think he envisions himself being more of a PG than Bron) then it would work out better. If Bron devotes his summer to working on his jumper instead of putting on one-long tv specials then they may be better off as well.

I personally think the experiment will break down near the playoffs. I really don't think they're going to be as good as people think. I think they'll win ~50 games and be a third or so seed in the east. Think about if Bron or Wade get hurt? All it takes is a pinky or an elbow for Bron to miss half the season or Wade to dislocate his shoulder and roll around in a wheel chair for a couple weeks. If you lose one of those guys, you're in trouble.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Earned Her Stripes...
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
84 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
87 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside To GILF or Not to GILF
153 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Graphics are Blurring the Lines, ya ready for this?.
37 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Cop Followed Him Into His Drive Way For A Broken Brake Light...
230 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Top 10 Comic Book Superheroes NOT from Marvel or DC
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
May 22 - Deadly Chinese Fentanyl Is Creating a New Era of Drug Kingpins
63 comments
2 days ago