Inception reviews!! Consensus: Near-flawless

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
68 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #81
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4136 4136
Inception is the most original, visually stunning and intellectually stimulating film to come across the screen in years.
 7 years ago '07        #82
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
 thehogue... said:
there will always be one that hates it because everyone else likes it, I wonder who it will be?
It's already happening, people haven't even seen it yet and they're just dying to bash it...

Nolan has arrived... pwning the favorite directors of numerous film geeks (erhm...students) around the world... and they can't stand it.
 7 years ago '07        #83
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Arson said:
I'm not degrading the film. I just hate critics
I don't like them too much either but in the same sense, I've been hyped for this for like a year and a half(actually almost 2 years). Ever since it was a "secret" project. The critics have no influence at all for me. I doubt this will disappoint me.
 7 years ago '04        #84
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
I haven't been this hype about a movie since 08. I hope it lives up to the hype.
 07-06-2010, 06:42 PM         #85
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
You haven't seen the movie...

The person who has made that statement has...

Please explain to me why your opinion at this moment is more valid??? Tell me why anyone should take your, or anyone else's opinion more seriously at this point?

Like no one could possibly touch Kubrick or make a film in his vain? f**k outta here...

Yall elitest douchebags need to stop, it's pathetic at this point. Really.
Nobody insinuated Kubrick was untouchable, Nolan a low top 10 at this point has shown nothing IMO on his level, that isn't heavy praise of Kubrick because Nolan hasn't even reached Scorsese's level, or Eastwood, Coen etc

Getting offended and calling me elitist for questioning this poor review and the conclusions drawn after one viewing of a recent film? An obvious Batman fan who argues how he is so much cooler than Spiderman? Why is your opinion any more valid my man? f**k off
 7 years ago '05        #86
space
space
 iMaGrOWNassMAN! said:
I haven't been this hype about a movie since 08. I hope it lives up to the hype.
I'm fairly confident that it will at least meet my expectations.
 07-06-2010, 09:36 PM         #87
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
Nobody insinuated Kubrick was untouchable, Nolan a low top 10 at this point has shown nothing IMO on his level, that isn't heavy praise of Kubrick because Nolan hasn't even reached Scorsese's level, or Eastwood, Coen etc

Getting offended and calling me elitist for questioning this poor review and the conclusions drawn after one viewing of a recent film? An obvious Batman fan who argues how he is so much cooler than Spiderman? Why is your opinion any more valid my man? f**k off
Are you insinuating that Stanley Kubrick was a better Director than Martin Scorsese?

Of course you are.

And incase you weren't reading properly, I never stated any opinions about how good or bad "Inception" is, as I haven't seen it yet... You may seem super smart to your freinds by saying that you think Kubrick is so great, but at the very least, we now know that you aren't smart enough to know that you look like a jackass for judging a movie before you've even seen it.

That's why you're an elitest douche bag. Not because you like Kubrick. It's because you can't even entertain the possiblity that this film could be on his level, without even having seen it.

That's an elitest attitude. You always come off as a smug douchebag with your film opinions. Only so many people can say the same thing about you before you realize that it's probably the truth.

But na, you'll still sit back and convince yourself that it's just because we're not as smart as you, ... Iv'e seen all the movies you've seen. You aren't special.

[video - click to view]

^^^You're the equivalent of that douchebag. And the Boston connection to boot. Go figure.
 7 years ago '04        #88
akeem923 22 heat pts22
space
space
$1,376 | Props total: 623 623
why all the back and forth arguing for? You are your own best/worst critic. Let 'Inception' drop and then hate/enjoy for yourself.

IMO, this movie is going to be epic. Nolan and crew has yet to disappoint me. :dancingcool:
 07-07-2010, 07:29 AM         #89
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
you look like a jackass for judging a movie before you've even seen it.
I am not judging the movie only the review and directors history, same as you and others are doing, praising Nolan for his career while I question him for the same reason, opinion is the word here.

I never imposed my opinion on anyone but I am not afraid to speak it, I say what I like and you know this, gotta problem then ignore me. I gave Nolan his props for Memento and Prestige here but do not like his work outside of those two, I questioned the hype surrounding him, what is the reason to cry for? You are a Nolan fan so you clearly are not the one to agree with me, so again keep it moving.

I could care less about him reaching Kubrick, I never mentioned him I only laughed at the comparison, Kubrick and Nolan are their own artists who have very different styles visually and thematically, I have no clue why you insist on concluding I am projecting Kubrick as a god or putting Nolan in his shadow, I merely commented on the topic before me, stop being overly sensitive and enjoy the film for what it is, why even attempt to argue opinions and spew bulls**t you know not to be true?

If anything you come off as smug mentioning cities in movie discussions and commenting on my personality as if I should conform to what you want. Keep the insults rolling until you find a better argument, I still see no reason to get emotional.

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 07-07-2010 at 07:32 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #90
space
space
A metaphysical heist thriller replete with high drama, affecting emotion, sci-fi elements, incredible action sequences, memorable dialogue, excellent performances and a concept so high you’ll need a ladder just to reach its ankles, it's the most complex and rewarding film you're likely to see at the multiplex for a long time.
 07-07-2010, 12:59 PM         #91
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:

But na, you'll still sit back and convince yourself that it's just because we're not as smart as you, ... Iv'e seen all the movies you've seen. You aren't special.

^^^You're the equivalent of that douchebag. And the Boston connection to boot. Go figure.
:owned:
[pic - click to view]

07-07-2010, 01:04 PM         #92
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Same dude who made Memento and The Prestige? You know it won't flop. I might have to actually go see this at the theaters.

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 07-07-2010 at 01:26 PM..
 07-07-2010, 01:11 PM         #93
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I didn’t get my mind blown by Inception but I enjoyed it. I mean, it’s no Total Recall but I saw Total Recall when I was 12 (although thinking about it still blows my mind. How can his old personality demand his new personality give itself up? They can’t both be in the same body!) I’ll probably watch Inception again.
:hmm:
 7 years ago '05        #94
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
:hmm:
Just the fact he even brought up Total Recall...

Total Recall is an insanely fun movie... But, to even bring it up with a movie that is clearly not the same type of movie is kind of retarded to me.

And, nah... it's a completely original property, not based on a pre-existing source.
 7 years ago '07        #95
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 DaOmega_1 said:

Total Recall is an insanely fun movie... But, to even bring it up with a movie that is clearly not the same type of movie is kind of retarded to me.

And, nah... it's a completely original property, not based on a pre-existing source.
:( but I thought it was "James Bond meets the Matrix"

07-07-2010, 01:32 PM         #96
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:

Sort of what i was thinking.

Judging from the summary, this seems like a intriguing, unique concept movie i would love.

Can you explain all the talk about this "Kubrick" stuff?
 7 years ago '05        #97
space
space
 thehogue... said:
:( but I thought it was "James Bond meets the Matrix"

Oh stop it, before the haters come in here and complain...
 7 years ago '05        #98
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
Sort of what i was thinking.

Judging from the summary, this seems like a intriguing, unique concept movie i would love.

Can you explain all the talk about this "Kubrick" stuff?
I think the Stanley Kubrick type stuff is basically saying that the storytelling and visual style of the film is very much like the best work of Stanley Kubrick... Which is debatable... I'll have to see it before I can make such claims.
 7 years ago '05        #99
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7113 7113
 Illstreet said:
Are you insinuating that Stanley Kubrick was a better Director than Martin Scorsese?

Of course you are.

And incase you weren't reading properly, I never stated any opinions about how good or bad "Inception" is, as I haven't seen it yet... You may seem super smart to your freinds by saying that you think Kubrick is so great, but at the very least, we now know that you aren't smart enough to know that you look like a jackass for judging a movie before you've even seen it.

That's why you're an elitest douche bag. Not because you like Kubrick. It's because you can't even entertain the possiblity that this film could be on his level, without even having seen it.

That's an elitest attitude. You always come off as a smug douchebag with your film opinions. Only so many people can say the same thing about you before you realize that it's probably the truth.

That was some very well written ownage.
 07-07-2010, 02:14 PM         #100
MikeBreezy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
72 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
276 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy