Stoudemire signs 5 year deal for 100 million with Knicks!

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
90 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-05-2010, 04:22 PM         #1
13879 pageviews
382 comments

x7eflon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Stoudemire signs 5 year deal for 100 million with Knicks!

[video - click to view]

After several hours of talks on Monday, Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) and the New York Knicks are on the brink of completing a five-year contract worth nearly $100 million, a source close to process told Y! Sports.

The Knicks and agent Happy Walters have worked out the contractual language, a source said, and Stoudemire has a 4 p.m. meeting with Knicks owner Jim Dolan. The Knicks are expected to make a more formal presentation to the All-Star forward at the meeting.

Stoudemire became the Knicks primary power forward target on Friday, but the team is still trying to recruit LeBron James(notes) to join him on the Knicks.

Stoudemire has had a whirlwind weekend in New York City, attending a Broadway play, a Yankees game and a Fourth of July party at Dolan’s estate in the Hamptons.

[pic - click to view]

Stoudemire finalizing Knicks deal - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

SandmanNyC said: image
Stoudemire agrees to five-year deal with Knicks
By David Aldridge, TNT analyst
Posted Jul 5 2010 5:39PM - Updated Jul 5 2010 6:05PM

The New York Knicks finally got a return on their two years of self-induced misery on Monday, finishing up the final touches on a five-year contract for Phoenix Suns free agent forward Amar'e Stoudemire that is expected to be worth around $100 million. A source indicates a formal announcement from Stoudemire should be forthcoming within the hour at Madison Square Garden.

Stoudemire and the Knicks quickly found each other last week, each in need of a soft landing place. The 27-year-old Stoudemire was looking for a team that still believed he could be a dominant player in the next few years, despite concerns about his knees and his eyes following serious injuries to each. And the Knicks, who'd sold their fans for the last two years that they'd be a major player in free agency this summer, able to lure the likes of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, were desperate for a splashy acquisition that would give fans hope and add to their depleted roster.

Stoudemire chafed at constant trade rumors involving him the last two years, but after helping lead Phoenix to the Western Conference finals, he still negotiated with the Suns when the free agent negotiating period began last week. But after he and the Suns could not reach agreement on a new deal -- Phoenix was unwilling to give him five guaranteed years on a new contract, preferrring team options in the last two years of a deal -- the Suns quickly moved on, agreeing to terms with free agent forward Hakim Warrick on a four-year, $18 million deal and agreeing on a new contract with their own free agent forward, Channing Frye, for five years and $30 million.
Stoudemire spent the Fourth of July weekend in New York, ending up at a party in the Hamptons with his agent, Happy Walters, at the home of Knicks owner James Dolan on Sunday night. After the two sides commenced official negotiations Monday it did not take long for New York to make its offer and for Stoudemire to accept, with a final meeting Monday afternoon between Stoudemire and the team's ownership group, led by Dolan, making it official.
What Stoudemire brings in terms of production (career averages of 21.4 points and 8.9 rebounds) isn't that much different than what New York got last season from David Lee, the 26-year-old free agent forward who finished second in the league in rebounds last season and averaged 20 and 11 in Mike D'Antoni's system last season. Neither is known for his defense, either. But Stoudemire brings a star power that the Knicks have lacked for almost a decade, since the end of the Patrick Ewing era. And he provides an anchor from which the team can try to lure other premier free agents.

Stoudemire said over the weekend that he thought he could lure both Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony and Spurs guard Tony Parker to New York, though both are currently under contract to their respective teams for another year. But a Spurs source said on Sunday that San Antonio has no interest in trading Parker to the Knicks in any kind of package involving Lee, the only significant chip the Knicks have left to use in a potential deal.
Yahoo! Sports first reported that the two sides had formally discussed an offer and that Stoudemire was meeting with Dolan on Monday.

The deal cannot be finalized until July 8, when free agents can sign with teams.

[pic - click to view]

NBA.com: Stoudemire agrees to five-year deal with Knicks

Last edited by x7eflon; 07-06-2010 at 12:51 AM..

382 comments for "Stoudemire signs 5 year deal for 100 million with Knicks!"

07-05-2010, 04:23 PM         #2
x7eflon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think its now safe to say knicks have a actual star on there team
 7 years ago '07        #3
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
No place like playing in NY these other FA's are fools for passing up on this opportunity...even with a roster thats not strong
 07-05-2010, 04:29 PM         #4
x7eflon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm stil trying to figure out why amare hasn't been talked about as much as he should been. I honestly like him over bosh. I think cuz I think of the old amare b4 injuries but still a great addition to any team in the L. Alot of team were slipping on him.
 7 years ago '04        #5
cali22buck 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 42 42
No heart...or D....or boards..but is a fit for the system...

Would rather have D.Lee for the $....
 07-05-2010, 04:31 PM         #6
CS35  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
GTFO new york gator tar heel lovin a.ss
 7 years ago '08        #7
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
why is it taking so long to agree on sumthin? all the articles say he's "working toward a deal" or sumthin like that. he wants even more money? or is he waiting to see who else is on board?
 07-05-2010, 04:32 PM         #8
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #9
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 x7eflon said:
I'm stil trying to figure out why amare hasn't been talked about as much as he should been. I honestly like him over bosh. I think cuz I think of the old amare b4 injuries but still a great addition to any team in the L. Alot of team were slipping on him.
the whole documentary thing with Bosh rubbed me the wrong way...think hes out for the fame rather than a chip.....but I'm glad the injury issues made teams back off...all we need now is a pass first pg to get him the rock and decent sg....Wouldn't mind CJ Watson, Wes Matthews or Ant Morrow at all....Wes is mad underrated.
 7 years ago '07        #10
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 corys35 said:
SMD n*gga
 07-05-2010, 04:34 PM         #11
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Love Wes's game. Probably could snatch him up for cheap too.
 7 years ago '05        #12
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 x7eflon said:
Amare will not be nearly the same player without Nash.
 7 years ago '07        #13
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,392 | Props total: 21498 21498
they need to at least get Tony Parker for this deal to mean anything
 7 years ago '04        #14
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,116 | Props total: 1150 1150
then they sign James, and reel in monta ellis through the trade..

knicks are back! (notafan)
 07-05-2010, 04:39 PM         #15
x7eflon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BxCastro said:
the whole documentary thing with Bosh rubbed me the wrong way...think hes out for the fame rather than a chip.....but I'm glad the injury issues made teams back off...all we need now is a pass first pg to get him the rock and decent sg....Wouldn't mind CJ Watson, Wes Matthews or Ant Morrow at all....Wes is mad underrated.
Injury scared alot of teams away but when amare wanted to ball he can. He showed that in few games aganist the laker series. If he stays heathly & mike d'antoni can run him like he use to do the suns hes easily a 22-24ppg & over 10 boreds & if knicks can get a nice pg to set up nice pick & rolls like him & nash use to knicks might get to the playoffs this season
 07-05-2010, 04:40 PM         #16
x7eflon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 corys35 said:
 7 years ago '08        #17
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,730 | Props total: 11627 11627
Expect an MVP type season from Nash :cool-smiley-009:
 07-05-2010, 04:41 PM         #18
x7eflon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I'm The Dan said:
Amare will not be nearly the same player without Nash.
give him any decent pg that can run plays right & have decent vision amare still going to be productive.
 07-05-2010, 04:44 PM         #19
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bron is next for us......d. wade to chicago.....
 7 years ago '08        #20
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,730 | Props total: 11627 11627
RicBucher As of the moment, all signs point to this scenario: LBJ (Cle), Wade + Bosh(Mia), Boozer(Chi), Amare(NY). Not that that's startling news.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy