how can i get waves like joe johnson of the atlanta hawks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
131 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
77 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #21
Just1Spark 
space
space
$2,234 | Props total: 75 75
water and murrays. nothing like taking off that durag RIGHT before u get a cut and seeing the end results. waves + fresh tape up = win
 7 years ago '05        #22
awdyo1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,982 | Props total: 468 468
Lol..I've been "spinnin" since I middle school. Start off with a medium-hard brush wolf that s**t out for like a month (yeah, get nappy with it) then cut it...you'll see the progress. Then connect them with a soft brush. I never used that Murrays, Dax, Sportin' Waves, Blue Magic or any of that s**t.

Brushing in the shower helps, too.
 7 years ago '09        #23
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,821 | Props total: 1138 1138
yeah all you gotta do is put on some sporting waves after you get out of the shower, brush your hair, then throw on the doobie....and just brush and throw the cap on and off throughout the day...do this 4-6 weeks without getting a cut, then tell your barber not to go too low, preferably with the grain and then folks will be like "they spinning n*gga, they spinning"...then after that just get cut every other week, and get a mean shape up on the off week...
 7 years ago '04        #24
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,654 | Props total: 5337 5337
Just brush , brush and brush .. U cant get a cut for a few weeks , you can use the scurl kit but thats wack .. I use sporting waves, and use a du - rag , fukk not using them , have them waves lookng crispy and makes your cut look cleaner longer ..
 7 years ago '04        #25
TheGame4705 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,483 | Props total: 26 26
plan and simple brush your hair.... i never used nething besides a brush n it may have taken longer than yall but i can go to sleep wake up no du rag n my s**t still be spinnin. for days.. n once they in use a soft brush i noticed when i switched to a soft brush my s**t really started to come out
 7 years ago '10        #26
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
Waves without a durag? Yall ni99az stupid. Obviously none of yall have 360's. If you want 360's you need a durag. Simple as that. Yes u can get a portion of your head waved up without a durag but that only depends on which side of your head u sleep on.

But yea the key is brushing. A lot. You dont have time to be brushing so you wont get them.

What you DONT need for waves are pomades and greases and s**t. They are just to hold your hair down and stuff

Last edited by SwooshWonder; 07-06-2010 at 10:32 AM..
 07-09-2010, 12:55 PM         #27
dotunolas  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 palogee said:
Only way you are getting waves with no cap is you have to have that "Just Add Water".

I'm dark skinned and I don't think the slave master got a hold to my genes.... If you have Nigerian hair you need a cap... Damn what these half latino/white cats is talking
so true , i am nigerian , i have lil waves , but i have to wear a du rag religiously.. we dont have waves in our genes.
 7 years ago '08        #28
Keno 19 heat pts19
space
space
$7,039 | Props total: 4873 4873
Aight pay attention depending on your hair

1.You got the nappy headed a.ss n*ggas (micro waves)
Straight hair n*ggas ( medium sized waves) ME
Good hair how you get that texture ( super deep waves)

2. What you need to do.
Get a cut of a 1 ATG....
Grab a soft brush and brush your a.ss off....when you not doing s**t brush...when you not
brushing durag.
Wash your hair every 3-4 days so you don't disrupt your progress.
Buy some carrot creme, Olive Creme, a good moisturizer for your hair.
YOU DO NOT NEED WAVE GREASE LEAVE THAT s**t ALONE
Only use wave grease when you have a nice pattern and are having trouble waving up
some spots

3. Getting a hair cut.
Tell them you want a #2 with the grain ( or straight down) once you start waving.
As your waves get deeper you can get a 1.5-1 W/E you like.

I think thats about it remember brush.

Last edited by Keno; 07-09-2010 at 02:29 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #29
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
360waves.net is all you need
 07-09-2010, 03:04 PM         #30
!LL MuZ!k  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dmunson318 said:
anybody with kit waves is a ho
TRUE!

I just do normal maintenance stuff, f**k All that over the top s**t.
 07-10-2010, 12:10 PM         #31
yalo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ok i've seen a lot of brushing, honestly i quite frankly just dont have the time, im out the house at least 12 hours, and when i get back to the crib, the last thing i want to do is be brushing, i just wanna grab something to eat and just chill the f**kout, which leads to me sleeping on the couch.

so with that said, thats why i used joe johnson as an example, he's a busy professional athlete and he sure doesnt have all day to be brushing his hair.

so how does a busy person who doesnt brush his hair constantly still got crispy a.ss waves?
 7 years ago '10        #32
space
space
He prolly been had them. Once you have them deep, your hair just grows that way. After that its just maintenance
 7 years ago '07        #33
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,326 | Props total: 1111 1111
Just brush your hair into the pattern that u want.. I had waves for a good while before I got lazy and I never used pomade; just a brush and a stocking cap
 7 years ago '08        #34
Dunknown24 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,019 | Props total: 719 719
 Keno024 said:
Aight pay attention depending on your hair

1.You got the nappy headed a.ss n*ggas (micro waves)
Straight hair n*ggas ( medium sized waves) ME
Good hair how you get that texture ( super deep waves)

2. What you need to do.
Get a cut of a 1 ATG....
Grab a soft brush and brush your a.ss off....when you not doing s**t brush...when you not
brushing durag.
Wash your hair every 3-4 days so you don't disrupt your progress.
Buy some carrot creme, Olive Creme, a good moisturizer for your hair.
YOU DO NOT NEED WAVE GREASE LEAVE THAT s**t ALONE
Only use wave grease when you have a nice pattern and are having trouble waving up
some spots

3. Getting a hair cut.
Tell them you want a #2 with the grain ( or straight down) once you start waving.
As your waves get deeper you can get a 1.5-1 W/E you like.

I think thats about it remember brush.
I was gonna ask how u n*ggas wash ur hair when u have waves? U still scratch shampoo in there rinse n repeat or r u hella careful wit it n smooth it on top wit ur hand sacrificing any type of deep cleaning? And 3-4 days??? Grimey n*ggas lol I hope u do some deep cleaning then.
 7 years ago '10        #35
space
space
Just wash it regular. Because your hair gotta stay clean and get all that pomade(if u use it) and s**t out. But after you done cleaning it, just add a fresh dose of pomade and brush that s**t in and trow on the du rag
 7 years ago '08        #36
Dunknown24 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,019 | Props total: 719 719
Yea that's what I thought. That's what I did when I had waves but I haven't cut my hair all summer now
 7 years ago '06        #37
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,315 | Props total: 1084 1084
if u got no time or patience, kit
 7 years ago '08        #38
j-dub82 
space
space
$1,932 | Props total: 54 54
 kodak314 said:
stink your hair up?

lol, right. ive been using carrot creme for damn near 7 years now and that s**t smells nice as f**k. i also like the fact that it gives your hair that dark look
 7 years ago '04        #39
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,850 | Props total: 5193 5193
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
Waves without a durag? Yall ni99az stupid. Obviously none of yall have 360's. If you want 360's you need a durag. Simple as that. Yes u can get a portion of your head waved up without a durag but that only depends on which side of your head u sleep on.

But yea the key is brushing. A lot. You dont have time to be brushing so you wont get them.

What you DONT need for waves are pomades and greases and s**t. They are just to hold your hair down and stuff
I been had 360's without a durag, n*ggas in school used to ask how I got my waves , I couldnt
tell em "i don't know" Ive never been a heavy hair brusher, but u r most def. right about those pomades and greases, I let my uncle cut my hair once, snuck that sportin waves s**t into my hair, messed up my waves for like 3 weeks
 7 years ago '07        #40
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900

[pic - click to view]

us white people just get out the shower an tell our hair to be wavy......it obeys us.........it will get wavy automatically....even our hair knows to respect the voice of a white man.......i dont know why u gotta have a step by step process
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
142 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
94 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
77 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
45 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
297 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy