What ever happen to the hyped up player "Felipe Lopez"?

most viewed right now
 89
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
25 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 57
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 57
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 56
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
93 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #21
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
avatar space
space
$75,878 | Props total: 30089 30089
 Cambury said:
nah i understand that but when we have those conversations that go over the course of time ex. Jordan vs Kobe then its hard for me to believe someone can really have a great opinion if they dont know history besides stats
 07-04-2010, 05:36 PM         #22
and1kid2345 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kno 1 said:
25 in august. do you know every single person in the world that was doin' something since you've been living? don't be so close-minded. no offence, just sayin.
 7 years ago '04        #23
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Cambury said:
nah i understand that but when we have those conversations that go over the course of time ex. Jordan vs Kobe then its hard for me to believe someone can really have a great opinion if they dont know history besides stats
obvi a mj vs kb discussion is always skewed, hardly any, probably as many as i can count on my fingers n toes have actually seen jordan play, let alone is whole career there probably isnt a handful who have seen him since day one if that, youre expecting wayyy too much, judging by the age you seem in your pic, you couldnt even, yourself, judge in a kobe vs jordan thread, unless youre much older than you look
 7 years ago '09        #24
NLSP42 152 heat pts152
space
avatar space
space
$7,839 | Props total: 9014 9014
Another one of the "Next Jordans"......dude played similar.....but had AMAZING handles to go with it.....he had a SG game with PG handles......All American....and National Player of the Year....he had a lot of hype in high school.....and that high school class has alot of NBA'ers who ended up being All Stars......dude was expeected to Freshman All American in college.....alot sorts of expectations.....he did OK....but didnt live up to his hype

His main problem : He peaked when he was 17
 7 years ago '07        #25
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 finishim said:
obvi a mj vs kb discussion is always skewed, hardly any, probably as many as i can count on my fingers n toes have actually seen jordan play, let alone is whole career there probably isnt a handful who have seen him since day one if that, youre expecting wayyy too much, judging by the age you seem in your pic, you couldnt even, yourself, judge in a kobe vs jordan thread, unless youre much older than you look
im 25...basketball is my life, i have VHS copies of 91 finals games 3 and 5...the arguments we have on here i have been having since i was 8...my awareness of the game goes way beyond the internet and the quick access to information...BUT im not saying u had to be aware THEN to have that argument NOW, im sayin that you have to understand the "then and now" difference to make comparisons. If you dont know who Felipe Lopez its becuz u skipped that mention in the book of bball history. AND THOSE PEOPLE WHO SKIP AROUND USUALLY HAVE THE WORST UNDERSTANDINGS...this is my point
 7 years ago '07        #26
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 NLSP42 said:
Another one of the "Next Jordans"......dude played similar.....but had AMAZING handles to go with it.....he had a SG game with PG handles......All American....and National Player of the Year....he had a lot of hype in high school.....and that high school class has alot of NBA'ers who ended up being All Stars......dude was expeected to Freshman All American in college.....alot sorts of expectations.....he did OK....but didnt live up to his hype

His main problem : He peaked when he was 17
he went to the twolves and played decent once it was understood he wasnt gonna be wat they thought...like around 04 he started doin the NBA games on telemundo as a floor reporter i was like WAAAAAAT dude had to be like 29 hahaha
 7 years ago '04        #27
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Cambury said:
im 25...basketball is my life, i have VHS copies of 91 finals games 3 and 5...the arguments we have on here i have been having since i was 8...my awareness of the game goes way beyond the internet and the quick access to information...BUT im not saying u had to be aware THEN to have that argument NOW, im sayin that you have to understand the "then and now" difference to make comparisons. If you dont know who Felipe Lopez its becuz u skipped that mention in the book of bball history. AND THOSE PEOPLE WHO SKIP AROUND USUALLY HAVE THE WORST UNDERSTANDINGS...this is my point
alright i get ya, but imo to have a true comparison you had to be around and see the daily affect jordan had on the game,media, and peoples lives or like when people compare the great qbs of all time, they dont have a clue about montana, marino, and elway or the old guys when they were younger, they just go off stats and others opinions, they should just a.sses what they know, in reality instead of doing comparison, there should be arguments about best of YOUR time and you could post how long youve been watching any sports religiously
 7 years ago '04        #28
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
actually as we speak of this, they should ad an extra spot by the avy, it could be the year your sporting knowledges starts, like say for me, itd be 95' for sports, and probably 97 for music and they could do it for music and sports since those are the top topics on boxden
 7 years ago '07        #29
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 finishim said:
alright i get ya, but imo to have a true comparison you had to be around and see the daily affect jordan had on the game,media, and peoples lives or like when people compare the great qbs of all time, they dont have a clue about montana, marino, and elway or the old guys when they were younger, they just go off stats and others opinions, they should just a.sses what they know, in reality instead of doing comparison, there should be arguments about best of YOUR time and you could post how long youve been watching any sports religiously
yup exactly...thas why u dont only watch the classic games u watch the interviews of other players coaches... u read the bio's...ne thing u can get ya hands on to get a better grasp...cuz let history and stats tell it Lebron will be the greatest of all time
 7 years ago '07        #30
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 finishim said:
actually as we speak of this, they should ad an extra spot by the avy, it could be the year your sporting knowledges starts, like say for me, itd be 95' for sports, and probably 97 for music And they could do it for music and sports since those are the top topics on boxden
great suggestion!
 7 years ago '04        #31
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Cambury said:
yup exactly...thas why u dont only watch the classic games u watch the interviews of other players coaches... u read the bio's...ne thing u can get ya hands on to get a better grasp...cuz let history and stats tell it Lebron will be the greatest of all time
yeah, if i dont know much about a past athlete i ask my gpa
 7 years ago '04        #32
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
He was a fan favourite during his time here in Vancouver. He did a lot of work in the community.
 7 years ago '06        #33
NickTheQuiznick 
space
avatar space
space
$150 | Props total: 0 0
there was soo much hype when he was in vancouver, he was just an athlete didnt do anything special. he was here last year for the steve nash charity game so fat and out of shape...
 7 years ago '07        #34
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
felipe was that dude.he really shoulda went pro after high school.its a shame what happened to him tho
 7 years ago '08        #35
100dollarman 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,507 | Props total: 359 359
are u sure he is not a baseball player ?
 7 years ago '07        #36
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,890 | Props total: 2244 2244
QUEENS!

Dude was the s**t when I was growin up. He ran HS Ball in NYC. When he decided on St. John's, it was on the front page of Newsday, not to mention oyes were swearing by him like Sammy Sosa of bball.

He did well in college but not "great." He just couldn't cut it in the league.. Him, Bryant Reeves, and Mike Bibby were the best on the Grizz but Bibby was traded and then life happened to Big Country and Lopez. Hope he's doing well and saved up a lil money.
 07-04-2010, 07:46 PM         #37
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i mean it all goes down to coaching really, i mean if he went to an ACC school then his stock would have been higher and his numbers wouldnt have had to look better, and being picked as low as he was meant a team picked him more so for what he might bring but he is expendable...its all the luck of the draw really
 7 years ago '09        #38
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12352 12352
All I know is, I f**ked with Lopez at St Johns but he flopped in the L. I remember he was the correspondent or guest reporter at the games or Finals one year and he was talking to Antonio Daniels on the court about him having his ring because they were traded for each other on draft night and Daniels won a title with the Spurs. Then Daniels just looked at his a.ss, shook his head, laughed and kept warming up like get your sorry a.ss on.
 07-05-2010, 06:51 AM         #39
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kno 1 said:
25 in august. do you know every single person in the world that was doin' something since you've been living? don't be so close-minded. no offence, just sayin.
Well not exactly, but if your 25 and you dont know Felipe Lopez you must have just started watching Basketball like 3-4 years ago.. I'm 28, and Felipe Lopez was huge before he got to the NBA and I knew about him since I was like 14.
 7 years ago '05        #40
Super-C 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$2,437 | Props total: 1 1
there may have been alot of "the next jordan".....but only 1 baby jordan!!



[pic - click to view]

Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 48
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 47
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
67 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
27 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 32
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
51 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
46 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
111 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
78 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy