Solo Rappers with 5 or more platinum albums...

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-03-2010, 08:05 PM         #21
TeddyGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 That Dude said:
Really? so what's the point of making music? Thats their JOB and their job is to sell records otherwise they get dropped
For the love of making music??
For the love of the art form??
 07-03-2010, 08:05 PM         #22
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 That Dude said:
Really? so what's the point of making music? Thats their JOB and their job is to sell records otherwise they get dropped
The Roots are a prime example of what the point of making music is. art for art's sake. They don't have ONE platinum record. In fact, I'd be hesitant to say that they have more than one Gold one. Yet, they maintain a strong following and continue to release great music.

As far as getting dropped. Pfft. Okay. It's called independence, jack.
 07-03-2010, 08:06 PM         #23
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
i'm not sure what you meant by that

all i meant was that em has 2 platinum albums with d12. i don't think anybody else on that list has gone platinum with a group of people, other than maybe cube like i said before, i'm not sure if any nwa album went plat
all but one if their albums went platinum. they were instant hit makers in their day dawg. o.0
 7 years ago '06        #24
jj01 
space
space
$44,953 | Props total: 4671 4671
 geovanni. said:
luda is one of the most educated and thoughtful rappers in mainstream hip hop. lol
conceptually, theater of the mind is above most of what has gone platinum in recent years. so...

he is a clown who ppl cant and ppl dont take serious. thats why he gets overlooked the way he does, and for as smart as u claim him to be.....he still cant make a complete album to save his life. totm is overrated as f**k, ask around he tried way to hard on that album to be something he is not and it showed.
 7 years ago '05        #25
That Dude 
space
space
$847 | Props total: 89 89
 TeddyGramz said:
For the love of making music??
For the love of the art form??
Lets face facts people, you may "love" you make "love the art form" making music but fact of the matter is you wanna get paid for what you create. Don't tell me their is not a musician out that would love to go platinum. That is what they strive for. It is like any other profession. Accounts love crunching numbers doesn't mean they wanna do that s**t for free? Doctors might love saving lives doesn't mean they wanna do it for free. The music BUSINESS is a BUSINESS and business's are in it for money
 7 years ago '05        #26
That Dude 
space
space
 geovanni. said:
The Roots are a prime example of what the point of making music is. art for art's sake. They don't have ONE platinum record. In fact, I'd be hesitant to say that they have more than one Gold one. Yet, they maintain a strong following and continue to release great music.

As far as getting dropped. Pfft. Okay. It's called independence, jack.
If the fan base was so strong they will have better support and sell more albums. Fact of the matter is that is not what sells records. I like the Roots and all but let be real here you think they wouldn't wanna go plat? As far as gettin dropped, artist choose to go Indy because of creative control and some feel the PAYOUT benefits them more than a major, jack
 07-03-2010, 08:13 PM         #27
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
beastie boys have six platinum albums according to wikipedia.
 07-03-2010, 08:16 PM         #28
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
things fall apart and phrenology are both gold and pretty close to plat
that's great.
 That Dude said:
If the fan base was so strong they will have better support and sell more albums. Fact of the matter is that is not what sells records. I like the Roots and all but let be real here you think they wouldn't wanna go plat? As far as gettin dropped, artist choose to go Indy because of creative control and some feel the PAYOUT benefits them more than a major, jack
yes, because the prospect of going platinum or gold is so low. they make a fine living, I am sure. I didn't say that you couldn't make a fine living off of steady grinding and hustling. All i said, or meant to say anyway, was that while they surely love selling records, I believe more than that they enjoy making good music. and that is the true objective of any real artist.
 07-03-2010, 08:18 PM         #29
TeddyGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 That Dude said:
Lets face facts people, you may "love" you make "love the art form" making music but fact of the matter is you wanna get paid for what you create. Don't tell me their is not a musician out that would love to go platinum. That is what they strive for. It is like any other profession. Accounts love crunching numbers doesn't mean they wanna do that s**t for free? Doctors might love saving lives doesn't mean they wanna do it for free. The music BUSINESS is a BUSINESS and business's are in it for money
Not everyone is in it for the money....
Some are money hungry and do music cuz they think its easy money(gucci, waka, souljaboy etc)
But not everyone is like that
Some folks just love to make music and continue to make music regardless of the sales and popularity
 7 years ago '06        #30
NYC-Banga 107 heat pts107
space
space
$13,521 | Props total: 3463 3463
JAY-Z = GOAT forever.

women lie, men lie, # 's number don't
 7 years ago '05        #31
That Dude 
space
space
^^^ Ok man whatever you say. I'm sure they make a fine living. My point is every artist would love to go platinum thats the ultimate goal, anyone who tells you otherwise is lying otherwise they will record music and hand it out for free. Even if you make great music and not radio friendly joints you would still wanna go plat. But I hear ya
 7 years ago '07        #32
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,621 | Props total: 2469 2469
why is mr smith up there twice for ll?
 7 years ago '05        #33
That Dude 
space
space
 TeddyGramz said:
Not everyone is in it for the money....
Some are money hungry and do music cuz they think its easy money(gucci, waka, souljaboy etc)
But not everyone is like that
Some folks just love to make music and continue to make music regardless of the sales and popularity
But what makes Gucci, soulja boy money hungry maybe they are making music they like to make, you ever thought of that? I understand some folks love making music, you gotta have some love to do it to begin with. But like I said if they ain't in it for money, they are lying because this is their CAREERS. This is the way they eat. How many famous rappers or musicians do you know have a 9-5?
 07-03-2010, 08:26 PM         #34
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So if you go platinum, it's got nothing to do with luck/
It just means that a million people are stupid as f**k

--Immortal Technique

...whose album barely made gold
 07-03-2010, 08:32 PM         #35
TeddyGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 That Dude said:
But what makes Gucci, soulja boy money hungry maybe they are making music they like to make, you ever thought of that? I understand some folks love making music, you gotta have some love to do it to begin with. But like I said if they ain't in it for money, they are lying because this is their CAREERS. This is the way they eat. How many famous rappers or musicians do you know have a 9-5?

They are rappers who became rappers because they felt it was easy money
 7 years ago '05        #36
That Dude 
space
space
^^^ But how do you know this? Did they ever come out and say it? Just because they arent lyrical doesnt mean its because they think its easy money. Their a diff genres of music to make they felt this was the direction they wanted to go in. And I guarantee you that they still put in just as much work doing what they do. Otherwise if it was so easy every one would do it.
 7 years ago '07        #37
notic99 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,584 | Props total: 0 0
how many of those albums went platinum in 1 week tho
 7 years ago '04        #38
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,451 | Props total: 1446 1446
Btw ts def said solo.
 7 years ago '07        #39
notic99 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,584 | Props total: 0 0
just interested i couldnt find any #'s
 7 years ago '05        #40
TheChief 23 heat pts23
space
space
$6,183 | Props total: 9311 9311
Hold on, how the f**k did you forget Pac?

Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z.
Me Against the World
All Eyez on Me
The Don k!lluminati: The 7 Day Theory
R U Still Down? (Remember Me)
Until the End of Time
Better Dayz
Tupac Resurrection
Loyal to the Game

That's 9, with Still I Rise and Greatest Hits it be 11.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
26 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
80 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
126 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
63 comments
20 hours ago