UFC 116 - Lesnar wins via tapout against Carwin (full fight video + Discussion)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Pick Your Winners?
Brock Lesnar 37 69.81%
Shane Carwin 17 32.08%
Yoshihiro Akiyama 23 43.40%
Chris Leben 10 18.87%
Chris Lytle 16 30.19%
Matt Brown 11 20.75%
Stephan Bonnar 13 24.53%
Krzysztof Soszynski 21 39.62%
Kurt Pellegrino 14 26.42%
George Sotiropoulos 12 22.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-04-2010, 01:09 AM         #541
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=triznathaniel;16349633]Okay... I'll probably get hate for this... but do you think Mike Tyson in his prime could hit harder than Shane Carwin? Mind you, we're talking about a smaller f!ghter in Tyson, and Tyson never had to worry about the takedown when he threw his bombs. I love Mike Tyson, he's easily the most legendary f!ghter I got to watch during my lifetime, but to say that he would have handled Lesnar in an MMA f!ght after watching tonight's f!ght... honestly I'm not convinced... Shane hits hard as f**k and he weathered the storm

r u joking? u know boxers use bigger gloves and tyson was dropping dudes around shanes size.
 07-04-2010, 01:34 AM         #542
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -BigC- said:
What you and a lot of MMA fans don't understand is the difference in boxing skills. I don't know of any MMA f!ghter that has legit boxing skills. Everyone of them would get eaten up in a boxing ring. If you reduce the weight of their gloves and put them up against someone who doesn't have proper defense(only a handful of MMA f!ghters have that) it is literally no competition. The only way a boxer loses in a MMA f!ght is if he somehow misses when a wrestler rushes him but a good percentage of the time the boxer is going to get that KO.
Why are you arguing this? :sleepy: s**t's a 3 yr old debate, let it go.

However, I'm curious as to what KO anyone could get when someone is going for a takedown.
 7 years ago '10        #543
luera512 
space
space
space
$553 | Props total: 0 0
I dont think lesnar is all that great, i would like to see him go up against allistor overeem or Fedor but we all know that will never happen
 7 years ago '05        #544
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,004 | Props total: 1321 1321
 -BigC- said:
What you and a lot of MMA fans don't understand is the difference in boxing skills. I don't know of any MMA f!ghter that has legit boxing skills. Everyone of them would get eaten up in a boxing ring. If you reduce the weight of their gloves and put them up against someone who doesn't have proper defense(only a handful of MMA f!ghters have that) it is literally no competition. The only way a boxer loses in a MMA f!ght is if he somehow misses when a wrestler rushes him but a good percentage of the time the boxer is going to get that KO.
And what you and alot of boxing fans dont understand is that while the boxer is way better standing up... the MMA f!ghter is better at wrestling, submissinos, judo, kickboxing,etc...

In MMA you have 10+ things they are more dominate in then a boxer, while a boxer has the advantage in knockout power. You saw what happened in the Lesner f!ght.. Carwin was throwing bombs and nearly finishewd Lesnar, but Lesnar made dude tap out in the 2nd round with a submission.

MMA isnt just about boxing/punching, its alot more to it then that. So while a boxer def has the advantage in the punching/boxing, the MMA f!ghter has the advtanage in tons of other things. What will a boxer do if he gets taken to the ground by a wrestler or kicked in the face or muah Thai knees to there face? Ya see?

A boxer will beat a MMA f!ghter at a boxing match, a MMA f!ghter will beat a boxer in MMA (if the f!ghters are both of equal talent in there sport) most the time.

Last edited by katalist; 07-04-2010 at 03:13 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #545
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,079 | Props total: 6141 6141
man all I know is its time for Velasquez to get his shot. I always thought he deserved it more than Carwin
 7 years ago '08        #546
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,487 | Props total: 580 580
Daaamn, I still can't believe Carwin didn't finish that f!ght in the first round.
 7 years ago '10        #547
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,735 | Props total: 19637 19637
Given the f!ght earlier where the ref called it over early, why was it not the case with Lesnar? He should have lost.

Anyways, I knew the match was over as soon as he took Carwin down. No man is getting up from that. Probably weighs significantly more on the night of the f!ght.
 07-04-2010, 08:57 AM         #548
Ed Bundy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Main Event said:
Thats what im sayin, Mike probably had the best uppercut the heavyweight division has ever seen....Brock might have very well died if Tyson landed flush on him
if

if

if

if

if tyson lands on him...but in all likelihood, brock would suplex the s**t out of him before he ever got the chance
 7 years ago '08        #549
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,821 | Props total: 3452 3452
Anybody that thinks they should've stopped the f!ght in the first round either hates Brock or dont watch UFC. As long as you are defending yourself they let the s**t go. They usually dont stop the f!ght until you go limp and are taking clean blows to the face. Brock was clearly covering up and still defending.
 07-04-2010, 09:43 AM         #550
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PEK said:
Anybody that thinks they should've stopped the f!ght in the first round either hates Brock or dont watch UFC. As long as you are defending yourself they let the s**t go. They usually dont stop the f!ght until you go limp and are taking clean blows to the face. Brock was clearly covering up and still defending.
not true at all. Plenty of f!ghts are stopped wheen a guy is defending but not f!ghting back. When a guy is just throwing his hands up to block shots and not moving. It happened in the bonnar krystoff f!ght and weve seen it many times including kimbo vs big country etc.
 7 years ago '08        #551
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,821 | Props total: 3452 3452
 JoeyTheGod said:
not true at all. Plenty of f!ghts are stopped wheen a guy is defending but not f!ghting back. When a guy is just throwing his hands up to block shots and not moving. It happened in the bonnar krystoff f!ght and weve seen it many times including kimbo vs big country etc.
Kimbo was taking clean shots and had no way to block them. They actually let Kimbo take the blows for the last 30 secs of the 1st round, but it would have been foolish to let him get hit like that for the entire 2nd rd. Didnt see the Bonnar f!ght, i just caught the Leben f!ght and the main event. But look at the Carwin Mir f!ght, they didnt stop that s**t til Mir was completely out, the same with the first GSP Serra f!ght. The fact that Brock was able to escape at the end of the round and ended up winning shows the ref made the right choice.
 07-04-2010, 09:58 AM         #552
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PEK said:
Kimbo was taking clean shots and had no way to block them. They actually let Kimbo take the blows for the last 30 secs of the 1st round, but it would have been foolish to let him get hit like that for the entire 2nd rd. Didnt see the Bonnar f!ght, i just caught the Leben f!ght and the main event. But look at the Carwin Mir f!ght, they didnt stop that s**t til Mir was completely out, the same with the first GSP Serra f!ght. The fact that Brock was able to escape at the end of the round and ended up winning shows the ref made the right choice.
well they are more lenient in big f!ghts if they want to admit it or not. also i think its diff ref to ref. im not saying the f!ght shouldve been stopped jus saying f!ghts have been stopped for less.
 07-04-2010, 10:06 AM         #553
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I did not know steroids were legal by UFC.
 7 years ago '09        #554
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,731 | Props total: 6250 6250
How did he not finish him? Fair play to the ref for letting it go though

Fedor VS Brock has to happen,even though Fedor lost his last match by being wreckless id say that was just a wake up call and he is still the best heavyweight.

Pacquiao VS Mayweather would be the biggest f!ght in boxing in over 20 years
Fedor VS Lesnar would be the biggest f!ght in MMA ever

Would be a shame if neither happened

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 07-04-2010 at 11:17 AM..
 7 years ago '08        #555
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,847 | Props total: 1348 1348
 -BigC- said:
No, actually I get it. What you don't get is that boxers can set up their punches without worrying about getting clinched and driven back into a wall or the ground... of course their punches are more lethal, they have less to worry about defensively. You're judging the boxing defense of MMA f!ghters unfairly because most will let a straight punch or two through because they have to be wary of so many other methods of attack. There are a few f!ghters who have gotten props from boxing trainers for their stand-up skills, so to say that it is no competition is a bit much. Granted, you would have to give a pro boxer the advantage vs. an MMA pro f!ghter in the stand-up phase, but it's only one piece of the game.

JoeyTheGod said:
r u joking? u know boxers use bigger gloves and tyson was dropping dudes around shanes size.
I mentioned variables that work against Tyson that make me question whether he could have put away Brock... those are the reasons why I would hesitate to say Tyson would put Brock to sleep easily in a cage f!ght. I'm not saying he couldn't beat Brock or put him in a precarious position like Shane did... In a boxing f!ght, yeah for sure Brock wouldn't last one round...

I don't get why people still think striking is such an all important aspect of MMA when f!ghters like Rashad Evans and GSP have shown us that there are ways to avoid the stand-up and win f!ghts
 07-04-2010, 12:03 PM         #556
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What other attacks are they worrying about? Having both hands up and a tucked chin doesn't take away from anything.
 07-04-2010, 12:33 PM         #557
FLA RAiSED 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yoo that lesnar f!ght was crazy i thought he had em in the 1st round but brock held up & took dat s**t
 07-04-2010, 12:35 PM         #558
FLA RAiSED 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 triznathaniel said:
I don't get why people still think striking is such an all important aspect of MMA when f!ghters like Rashad Evans and GSP have shown us that there are ways to avoid the stand-up and win f!ghts
 7 years ago '05        #559
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
man brock showed me something last night..
i thought that s**t was done in the first round.. a lot of heart and im glad the ref didnt stop it in the first..
i think it it was just a regular match and not a title f!ght or had some no names in it, the f!ght would have been called
 07-04-2010, 12:50 PM         #560
FLA RAiSED 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ i agree witchu on that i thought the ref was going to stop it too but since it was brock
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
184 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
62 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
114 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy