UFC 116 - Lesnar wins via tapout against Carwin (full fight video + Discussion)

most viewed right now
Drake- Iím Upset
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rhymefest Responds To Kim Kardashian!
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kim Kardashian ethers Rhymefest!!
211 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent and floyd mayweather beefing again #getthestrap
47 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Pick Your Winners?
Brock Lesnar 37 69.81%
Shane Carwin 17 32.08%
Yoshihiro Akiyama 23 43.40%
Chris Leben 10 18.87%
Chris Lytle 16 30.19%
Matt Brown 11 20.75%
Stephan Bonnar 13 24.53%
Krzysztof Soszynski 21 39.62%
Kurt Pellegrino 14 26.42%
George Sotiropoulos 12 22.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #541
NoLedge18720 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$28,342 | Props total: 8132 8132
man all I know is its time for Velasquez to get his shot. I always thought he deserved it more than Carwin
 8 years ago '08        #542
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,920 | Props total: 1348 1348
Daaamn, I still can't believe Carwin didn't finish that f!ght in the first round.
 8 years ago '10        #543
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,876 | Props total: 20066 20066
Given the f!ght earlier where the ref called it over early, why was it not the case with Lesnar? He should have lost.

Anyways, I knew the match was over as soon as he took Carwin down. No man is getting up from that. Probably weighs significantly more on the night of the f!ght.
 07-04-2010, 07:57 AM         #544
Ed Bundy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Main Event said:
Thats what im sayin, Mike probably had the best uppercut the heavyweight division has ever seen....Brock might have very well died if Tyson landed flush on him
if

if

if

if

if tyson lands on him...but in all likelihood, brock would suplex the s**t out of him before he ever got the chance
 8 years ago '08        #545
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$11,052 | Props total: 4175 4175
Anybody that thinks they should've stopped the f!ght in the first round either hates Brock or dont watch UFC. As long as you are defending yourself they let the s**t go. They usually dont stop the f!ght until you go limp and are taking clean blows to the face. Brock was clearly covering up and still defending.
 07-04-2010, 08:43 AM         #546
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PEK said:
Anybody that thinks they should've stopped the f!ght in the first round either hates Brock or dont watch UFC. As long as you are defending yourself they let the s**t go. They usually dont stop the f!ght until you go limp and are taking clean blows to the face. Brock was clearly covering up and still defending.
not true at all. Plenty of f!ghts are stopped wheen a guy is defending but not f!ghting back. When a guy is just throwing his hands up to block shots and not moving. It happened in the bonnar krystoff f!ght and weve seen it many times including kimbo vs big country etc.
 8 years ago '08        #547
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$11,052 | Props total: 4175 4175
 JoeyTheGod said:
not true at all. Plenty of f!ghts are stopped wheen a guy is defending but not f!ghting back. When a guy is just throwing his hands up to block shots and not moving. It happened in the bonnar krystoff f!ght and weve seen it many times including kimbo vs big country etc.
Kimbo was taking clean shots and had no way to block them. They actually let Kimbo take the blows for the last 30 secs of the 1st round, but it would have been foolish to let him get hit like that for the entire 2nd rd. Didnt see the Bonnar f!ght, i just caught the Leben f!ght and the main event. But look at the Carwin Mir f!ght, they didnt stop that s**t til Mir was completely out, the same with the first GSP Serra f!ght. The fact that Brock was able to escape at the end of the round and ended up winning shows the ref made the right choice.
 07-04-2010, 08:58 AM         #548
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PEK said:
Kimbo was taking clean shots and had no way to block them. They actually let Kimbo take the blows for the last 30 secs of the 1st round, but it would have been foolish to let him get hit like that for the entire 2nd rd. Didnt see the Bonnar f!ght, i just caught the Leben f!ght and the main event. But look at the Carwin Mir f!ght, they didnt stop that s**t til Mir was completely out, the same with the first GSP Serra f!ght. The fact that Brock was able to escape at the end of the round and ended up winning shows the ref made the right choice.
well they are more lenient in big f!ghts if they want to admit it or not. also i think its diff ref to ref. im not saying the f!ght shouldve been stopped jus saying f!ghts have been stopped for less.
 07-04-2010, 09:06 AM         #549
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I did not know steroids were legal by UFC.
 8 years ago '09        #550
ShadyVsEminem 248 heat pts248
space
space
$22,156 | Props total: 7159 7159
How did he not finish him? Fair play to the ref for letting it go though

Fedor VS Brock has to happen,even though Fedor lost his last match by being wreckless id say that was just a wake up call and he is still the best heavyweight.

Pacquiao VS Mayweather would be the biggest f!ght in boxing in over 20 years
Fedor VS Lesnar would be the biggest f!ght in MMA ever

Would be a shame if neither happened

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 07-04-2010 at 10:17 AM..
 8 years ago '08        #551
triznathaniel 43 heat pts43
space
space
$6,033 | Props total: 1602 1602
 -BigC- said:
What you and a lot of MMA fans don't understand is the difference in boxing skills. I don't know of any MMA f!ghter that has legit boxing skills. Everyone of them would get eaten up in a boxing ring. If you reduce the weight of their gloves and put them up against someone who doesn't have proper defense(only a handful of MMA f!ghters have that) it is literally no competition. The only way a boxer loses in a MMA f!ght is if he somehow misses when a wrestler rushes him but a good percentage of the time the boxer is going to get that KO.
No, actually I get it. What you don't get is that boxers can set up their punches without worrying about getting clinched and driven back into a wall or the ground... of course their punches are more lethal, they have less to worry about defensively. You're judging the boxing defense of MMA f!ghters unfairly because most will let a straight punch or two through because they have to be wary of so many other methods of attack. There are a few f!ghters who have gotten props from boxing trainers for their stand-up skills, so to say that it is no competition is a bit much. Granted, you would have to give a pro boxer the advantage vs. an MMA pro f!ghter in the stand-up phase, but it's only one piece of the game.

JoeyTheGod said:
r u joking? u know boxers use bigger gloves and tyson was dropping dudes around shanes size.
I mentioned variables that work against Tyson that make me question whether he could have put away Brock... those are the reasons why I would hesitate to say Tyson would put Brock to sleep easily in a cage f!ght. I'm not saying he couldn't beat Brock or put him in a precarious position like Shane did... In a boxing f!ght, yeah for sure Brock wouldn't last one round...

I don't get why people still think striking is such an all important aspect of MMA when f!ghters like Rashad Evans and GSP have shown us that there are ways to avoid the stand-up and win f!ghts
 07-04-2010, 11:03 AM         #552
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What other attacks are they worrying about? Having both hands up and a tucked chin doesn't take away from anything.
 07-04-2010, 11:33 AM         #553
FLA RAiSED 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yoo that lesnar f!ght was crazy i thought he had em in the 1st round but brock held up & took dat s**t
 07-04-2010, 11:35 AM         #554
FLA RAiSED 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 triznathaniel said:
I don't get why people still think striking is such an all important aspect of MMA when f!ghters like Rashad Evans and GSP have shown us that there are ways to avoid the stand-up and win f!ghts
 8 years ago '05        #555
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,538 | Props total: 136 136
man brock showed me something last night..
i thought that s**t was done in the first round.. a lot of heart and im glad the ref didnt stop it in the first..
i think it it was just a regular match and not a title f!ght or had some no names in it, the f!ght would have been called
 07-04-2010, 11:50 AM         #556
FLA RAiSED 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ i agree witchu on that i thought the ref was going to stop it too but since it was brock
 07-04-2010, 11:59 AM         #557
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FLA RAiSED said:
yoo that lesnar f!ght was crazy i thought he had em in the 1st round but brock held up & took dat s**t
He was eating punches and 'bows like Pac Man eats pellets.
 07-04-2010, 12:01 PM         #558
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
How did he not finish him? Fair play to the ref for letting it go though

Fedor VS Brock has to happen,even though Fedor lost his last match by being wreckless id say that was just a wake up call and he is still the best heavyweight.

Pacquiao VS Mayweather would be the biggest f!ght in boxing in over 20 years
Fedor VS Lesnar would be the biggest f!ght in MMA ever

Would be a shame if neither happened
Pacquaio VS Mayweather will happen, it's only a matter of when, numbers, and politics.

And Fedor VS Lesnar would be huge, but if GSP and Spider Silva could meet at some catch-weight than that would be the best f!ght ever.
 07-04-2010, 12:06 PM         #559
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PEK said:
It has been said, even by Joe Rogan on a PPV broadcast, that cradling up and covering your head is not intelligently defending yourself. There was a moment where Brock did this long enough for a stoppage, however I agree with Rosenthal on letting it go. I only agree with mild leniency for big f!ghts.

-edit- PERFECT example....Chuck vs Tito part 1 :)

Last edited by Lex Lossis; 07-04-2010 at 12:09 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #560
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 57 57
I'm waiting for Fedor vs Lesnar
Home      

most viewed right now
#bigbreasttwitter
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The Carter III Documentary Waynes Lawyers Didn't Want Us To See! (Addiction,bi..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
79 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This guy slaps your girls ass... wyd
118 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Drake - Duppy Freestyle
1346 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside May 25 - Pablo Escobarís hitman Popeye arrested in Colombia
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Compton THUGS starring Kevin Hart & Mike Epps 🤣🤣㊃..
30 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj Reveals She's Dating Eminem
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy