UFC 116 - Lesnar wins via tapout against Carwin (full fight video + Discussion)

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
73 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Pick Your Winners?
Brock Lesnar 37 69.81%
Shane Carwin 17 32.08%
Yoshihiro Akiyama 23 43.40%
Chris Leben 10 18.87%
Chris Lytle 16 30.19%
Matt Brown 11 20.75%
Stephan Bonnar 13 24.53%
Krzysztof Soszynski 21 39.62%
Kurt Pellegrino 14 26.42%
George Sotiropoulos 12 22.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-04-2010, 12:02 AM         #521
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JoeyTheGod said:
legit? dude had 2 big wins.

carwin=overrated
What are his 2 real f!ghts then please? Because one would have to be Mir who Carwin k!lled . Nog is old as s**t and shouldn't be considered a real win to a top tier f!ghter. So who else? Randy?
 7 years ago '05        #522
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Jersey732 said:
dana gave brock lesnar submission of the night
should give it to chris lytle
I'm not surprised. He stay gargling his nuts.
 7 years ago '08        #523
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,735 | Props total: 11628 11628
 JaiMega said:
Please, stop it.

80s Tyson would k!ll Lesnar.
Thats what im sayin, Mike probably had the best uppercut the heavyweight division has ever seen....Brock might have very well died if Tyson landed flush on him
 7 years ago '04        #524
D-Swift 
space
space
$1,039 | Props total: 89 89
To me it was over in the first round....Brock couldn't defend himself. It was numerous times he was caught just covering up no counter defense at all. Ive seen f!ghts stopped for way less. I really think Carwin beat himself. He punched himself out. All and all. I give props to Brock for not blacking out. But he did get beat.
 07-04-2010, 12:05 AM         #525
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Boxers in general would k!ll any MMA f!ghter really. Even with MMA rules most of them would destroy a MMA f!ghter just because of how great their hands are and those small a.ss gloves. Would have to rush them and hope they don't get hit
 7 years ago '05        #526
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
 -BigC- said:
Mark Coleman, Mark Hunt, Cro-Cop, Tim Silva, AA, Fujita, Kevin Randleman, Matt Lindland, Ricardo Arona, Heath Herring, Big Nog, Semmy Schilt, Garry Goodridge, Bret Rogers, TK, and Renato Sobral

Brocks resume?
Mark Coleman 16-10 ehhhh
Mark Hunt 5-6MMa 30-13 kb i give him his due as a kb but he has been just a jobber mma
Mirko Cro Cop 27-7 Legit f!ghter when he beat him
Tim Silva 26 -6 faught fedor when he couldnt win a f!ght no more
Andrei Arlovski 15-8 Had Fedor beat till he tried for flying knee also hasnt won in 2 yrs
Kevin Randleman 17-15 Brag that one up
Matt Lindland 22-7 legit win
Ricardo Arona 14-5 has lost to every top f!ghter he fought in pride except hendo so ehh
Heath Herring 28-14 beaten by both
Nog no record needed it was a legit win when he beat him
Semmy Schlit 26-14 ok mma guy better KB
Gary Goodridge 23-22 was 17-14 at time of f!ght. yeah ok
Bret Rodgers 10-2 only good win Is AA and it was recent and u know AA is trash now
Renato Sobral Quality win
Of those f!ghters you listed only Five maybe sixwere legit good a.ss wins imo.
Funny thing is i like fedor but i have always felt he f!ghts overrated dudes and guys that are past their primes. The proof is in the putting
 07-04-2010, 12:12 AM         #527
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't wait for Alistair Overeem to head to the UFC. I know for a FACT that n*gga woulda murdered Brock. He has more experience, awareness and better finishing ability. He would not have gotten so reckless and tired quickly.
 7 years ago '05        #528
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,000 | Props total: 1319 1319
Amazing card, best UFC card in ages imo.
I wanted Carwin to win but Lesnar did an amazing comeback, I got alot more respect for this guy now. He was almost done but came back in the 2nd.
 07-04-2010, 12:13 AM         #529
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rippac4 said:
fedor is still that dude but give brock his credit for what he's done tonight
get his a.ss bea tthan choke out a gassed f!ghter?
 07-04-2010, 12:13 AM         #530
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The_Legend23 said:
Mark Coleman 16-10 ehhhh
Mark Hunt 5-6MMa 30-13 kb i give him his due as a kb but he has been just a jobber mma
Andrei Arlovski 15-8 Had Fedor beat till he tried for flying knee also hasnt won in 2 yrs
Ricardo Arona 14-5 has lost to every top f!ghter he fought in pride except hendo so ehh
Bret Rodgers 10-2 only good win Is AA and it was recent and u know AA is trash now
Funny thing is i like fedor but i have always felt he f!ghts overrated dudes and guys that are past their primes. The proof is in the putting
n*gga, I could do the same to soooo many f!ghters in either MMA or boxing. It doesn't work well because you're ignoring f!ght skill and you are only looking at their records.

You also have a bias and are trying to prove a point instead of looking at things objectively. You claiming you like Fedor does not validate your bias.
 7 years ago '04        #531
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,502 | Props total: 793 793
 D-Swift said:
To me it was over in the first round....Brock couldn't defend himself. It was numerous times he was caught just covering up no counter defense at all. Ive seen f!ghts stopped for way less. I really think Carwin beat himself. He punched himself out. All and all. I give props to Brock for not blacking out. But he did get beat.

you're probably right...9/10 refs would've stopped it I think

but this guy has made some controversial but correct calls before or letting a f!ght continue...this was another one

Lesnar was moving when the ref was checking on his consciousness and telling him to respond and defend himself if he wanted the f!ght to continue

people are also forgetting that these are heavyweights f!ghting and that is Brock Lesnar...he has a different threshold for brutality over other heavyweights, light heavyweights, middleweights and welterweights
 7 years ago '07        #532
Jersey732 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,624 | Props total: 400 400
brock thanks the ref for not stopping it
heh
 7 years ago '06        #533
droid3000 996 heat pts996
space
space
$26,513 | Props total: 26313 26313
 D-Swift said:
I definitely thought they could have stopped the f!ght on a couple occasions in the first round. Brock was just laying there eating punches, I don't know what the ref was thinking. That being said though Brock did redeem him self in the second round. He completely caught me off guard with the choke, I had no idea he has submission capabilities in his arsenal.
 7 years ago '08        #534
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,845 | Props total: 1344 1344
 JaiMega said:
Please, stop it.

80s Tyson would k!ll Lesnar.
Okay... I'll probably get hate for this... but do you think Mike Tyson in his prime could hit harder than Shane Carwin? Mind you, we're talking about a smaller f!ghter in Tyson, and Tyson never had to worry about the takedown when he threw his bombs. I love Mike Tyson, he's easily the most legendary f!ghter I got to watch during my lifetime, but to say that he would have handled Lesnar in an MMA f!ght after watching tonight's f!ght... honestly I'm not convinced... Shane hits hard as f**k and he weathered the storm

-BigC- said:
Boxers in general would k!ll any MMA f!ghter really. Even with MMA rules most of them would destroy a MMA f!ghter just because of how great their hands are and those small a.ss gloves. Would have to rush them and hope they don't get hit
I disagree... good wrestling/jiu-jitsu can neutralize a superior striker... it all depends on the f!ghter, there is no one style that can trump all others (except maybe BJJ ), every one has it's strengths and weaknesses... it's the beauty of the sport... all that being said, your statement will be tested somewhat when James Toney f!ghts Randy Couture
 7 years ago '08        #535
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,845 | Props total: 1344 1344
In regards to this PPV... a lot of people were sleeping on tonight's f!ghts since Wanderlei dropped out... but this was the best UFC PPV I've seen in awhile... all very good and exciting f!ghts... I sure didn't expect Akiyama to get finished off the way he did... Bonnar put on a great show as well... and the KO in that last prelim f!ght was crazy... I'm glad I didn't front on getting these f!ghts
 7 years ago '07        #536
Jersey732 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,624 | Props total: 400 400
brock said dana didnt give him any easy f!ghts and gonna make a example outta him
then dana said we gonna make a example out of james toney :lachen001:

Last edited by Jersey732; 07-04-2010 at 12:39 AM..
 07-04-2010, 12:44 AM         #537
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jersey732 said:
brock said dana didnt give him any easy f!ghts and gonna make a example outta him
then dana said we gonna make a example out of james toney :lachen001:

Randy Couture could get clipped though unless Randy immediately takes him down and pounds him out. If that happens, you know Toney and the anti-MMA n*ggas are gonna be salty as f**k.

I'd rather Toney be put with Pat Barry, Cro Cop, maybe Junior Dos Santos if you serious on teaching a lesson.
 7 years ago '06        #538
samsin420 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,946 | Props total: 496 496
Brock by submission :wow: Who knew.
 07-04-2010, 01:05 AM         #539
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The_Legend23 said:
Mark Coleman 16-10 ehhhh
The thing is there is no competition for him nor has there ever been. Who has he avoided f!ghting? Sure now he should probably f!ght Brock but Brock hasn't even proven he deserves a shot at Fedor to be honest
 07-04-2010, 01:08 AM         #540
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 triznathaniel said:
Okay... I'll probably get hate for this... but do you think Mike Tyson in his prime could hit harder than Shane Carwin? Mind you, we're talking about a smaller f!ghter in Tyson, and Tyson never had to worry about the takedown when he threw his bombs. I love Mike Tyson, he's easily the most legendary f!ghter I got to watch during my lifetime, but to say that he would have handled Lesnar in an MMA f!ght after watching tonight's f!ght... honestly I'm not convinced... Shane hits hard as f**k and he weathered the storm

I disagree... good wrestling/jiu-jitsu can neutralize a superior striker... it all depends on the f!ghter, there is no one style that can trump all others (except maybe BJJ ), every one has it's strengths and weaknesses... it's the beauty of the sport... all that being said, your statement will be tested somewhat when James Toney f!ghts Randy Couture
What you and a lot of MMA fans don't understand is the difference in boxing skills. I don't know of any MMA f!ghter that has legit boxing skills. Everyone of them would get eaten up in a boxing ring. If you reduce the weight of their gloves and put them up against someone who doesn't have proper defense(only a handful of MMA f!ghters have that) it is literally no competition. The only way a boxer loses in a MMA f!ght is if he somehow misses when a wrestler rushes him but a good percentage of the time the boxer is going to get that KO.
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
115 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
124 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
111 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy