most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
96 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #61
wawow 
space
space
space
$672 | Props total: 0 0
rings/legacy > money
 7 years ago '08        #62
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
 HotepSuns said:
your team is worth 325 million....the knicks..613...between our corporate sponsors..the fact that we still sell out the mecca at outrageous prices,and that the knick franchise as a whole is a bigger name,and selling point than the nets EVER will be...makes it a 1st tier franchise..

learn something about the business of sports...and we don't have to waste time debating the obvious..
The Knicks arent worth 613 million, they're currently worth 598 million and were overtaken by the LA Lakers in 2009. The Knicks right now could get passed up by the Bulls if Lebron brought the revenue to Chicago that he brought to the Cavs.
 07-01-2010, 06:33 PM         #63
clearm3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MosDefinition said:
is the damn yankees the most dominate sports franchise in history of course everyone knows the interlocking NY logo theyve been winning since the 1930s

the marlins never took off because every time they won they broke the team up the very next season and the spurs were a boring team

lebron has played in cleveland his whole career everyone knows him globally anyway markets dont matter any more star attract attention not vice versa
put lebron in san antonio to win a ring and its still the same damn thing. Put him in ny and his image and worth increases.

He of course is known worldwide already but think from a business perspective right now. You got Lebron as a cavalier and want to sponsor him, does that sponsorship not mean more with Lebron in a knicks jersey??? There is a reason people set up offices in NY for their businesses and not out renting business space in Cleveland.

I am not trying to diss cleveland either, i am saying it is common damn knowledge that bringing lebron to ny will get him more money in the long term compared to being in cleveland.
 7 years ago '04        #64
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4421 4421
 HotepSuns said:
your team is worth 325 million....the knicks..613...between our corporate sponsors..the fact that we still sell out the mecca at outrageous prices,and that the knick franchise as a whole is a bigger name,and selling point than the nets EVER will be...makes it a 1st tier franchise..

learn something about the business of sports...and we don't have to waste time debating the obvious..
can u read did i say the nets were worth as much right now no i did not after the barclay center opens then compare because the counting the building and msg in that value the nets dont have there own regional sports network

my point is name one knick whos in a national advertisement how much merchandise did they sell last season when was the last time they had a top selling jersey hell when was the last time a knick was voted to start an all star game

the nba doesnt need that team to be good the finals just had the highest rating since jordans last appearance ny didnt make the playoffs
 07-01-2010, 06:35 PM         #65
Marvin Hagler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tharegime said:
Lebron's best chance of winning a championship is with the Clippers. No other team is a stacked as them and adding Lebron would instantly make title contenders for at least the next 5 years. Can you imagine Lebron, Griffin, Davis, Gordon, and kaman as a starting 5? jeez...

n*gga you officially on time out
 07-01-2010, 06:35 PM         #66
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chief Dee said:
The Knicks arent worth 613 million, they're currently worth 598 million and were overtaken by the LA Lakers in 2009. The Knicks right now could get passed up by the Bulls if Lebron brought the revenue to Chicago that he brought to the Cavs.

it would take a hell of a run...you're 98 million dollars behind a franchise that hasn't won in close to a decade....even if we didn't get bron,and got some other stars it would take one hell of a run by bron on the bulls to surpass us....

but that's a lot more feasable than the new jersey f**king nets..
 7 years ago '05        #67
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12552 12552
If LeBron wants to advertise his brand, Chicago Bulls have WGN, people are underestimating just how huge WGN is, thats nationally televised games across America(another reason why Cubs are so beloved around America and havent won s**t).. Just like TBS is with the Braves.. He'll have plenty of opprotunities in Chicago, I swear New Yorkers make it seem like NY is the ONLY place to make money..
 7 years ago '04        #68
space
space
 clearm3 said:
put lebron in san antonio to win a ring and its still the same damn thing. Put him in ny and his image and worth increases.

He of course is known worldwide already but think from a business perspective right now. You got Lebron as a cavalier and want to sponsor him, does that sponsorship not mean more with Lebron in a knicks jersey??? There is a reason people set up offices in NY for their businesses and not out renting business space in Cleveland.

I am not trying to diss cleveland either, i am saying it is common damn knowledge that bringing lebron to ny will get him more money in the long term compared to being in cleveland.
how do u figure that he gets the same advertisements hed get where ever he plays

jordan didnt play in ny and hes wworth close to a billion dollars so is tiger woods marketing an athlete or celebrity as opposed to marketing a product are 2 different things
 7 years ago '04        #69
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
Must be some dumb a.ss computer model..

0% chance of getting a billion in Miami but 50% in NY?

7 years ago '04        #70
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
n*gga isn't the reason athletes opt out of contracts is to make more money than they did before
not really when you make the max regardless its to put pressure on team execs to keep trying to win
 7 years ago '05        #71
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
it would take a hell of a run...you're 98 million dollars behind a franchise that hasn't won in close to a decade....even if we didn't get bron,and got some other stars it would take one hell of a run by bron on the bulls to surpass us....

but that's a lot more feasable than the new jersey f**king nets..
WTF? It wouldn't take a run, LEBRON is a high demand commodity, our franchse value would go up immediately by 125million at the LEAST, as soon as he signs on that dotted line.. AND THATS FOR EVERY TEAM IN THE NBA.

Thats garunteed sellouts, garunteed #1 jersey sells, garunteed national televised games, garunteed new season ticket holders.. Doesn't take a "run"..

And you're NYC, you're suppose to be the almighty Knicks who have the 50% value of earning a billion while Chicago has 1%.. But are not even worth a 100mil more than us.. (Bulls worth 511 Knicks worth 586)

Last edited by Hold That; 07-01-2010 at 06:42 PM..
 07-01-2010, 06:41 PM         #72
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MosDefinition said:
can u read did i say the nets were worth as much right now no i did not after the barclay center opens then compare because the counting the building and msg in that value the nets dont have there own regional sports network

my point is name one knick whos in a national advertisement how much merchandise did they sell last season when was the last time they had a top selling jersey hell when was the last time a knick was voted to start an all star game

the nba doesnt need that team to be good the finals just had the highest rating since jordans last appearance ny didnt make the playoffs

this is what you asked me....

MosDefinition said:
youve yet to explain how the nix are a "1st tier franchise" they dont win s**t havent been realevent even in nyc in a decade

the best thing that happened to that franchise was isiah f**king up at least your team was being talked about nationally

i'm pretty sure my explination gave clear cut reasons as to why,and how the knicks are a "1st tier franchise".....and why the nets at best are a "2nd tier franchise"....

you're angered by the FACTS,and now want to break it down to "name one knick player who's in national advertisements"......

give up...
 07-01-2010, 06:42 PM         #73
ktbballplaya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
first off I have not seen anywhere where he said he cares more about making money than rings. But the only way he can get to billion is if he gets a ring.
 07-01-2010, 06:42 PM         #74
clearm3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
If LeBron wants to advertise his brand, Chicago Bulls have WGN, people are underestimating just how huge WGN is, thats nationally televised games across America(another reason why Cubs are so beloved around America and havent won s**t).. Just like TBS is with the Braves.. He'll have plenty of opprotunities in Chicago, I swear New Yorkers make it seem like NY is the ONLY place to make money..
he goes to the knicks, he is gonna be given his own damn tv show on MSG

lebron is already gonna be on tv even if he went to go sign with the damn Bucks. Cubs arent beloved, people just feel bad for them.

he will get opportunities everywhere, you are right but no one is doubting that. The idea is that he will make MORE in new york. Whats so hard for people to understand that he can build a bigger brand in ny.

Tell me why Michael Jordans restaurant closed in chicago but is still up and running in NY???
 7 years ago '05        #75
space
space
 akademiks said:
Must be some dumb a.ss computer model..

0% chance of getting a billion in Miami but 50% in NY?

Cmon son, n*ggas aint making money in Miami, unless its drug money

People become a million/billionaire THEN move to miami.. Place is a vacation resort..
 07-01-2010, 06:45 PM         #76
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
WTF? It wouldn't take a run, LEBRON is a high demand commodity, our franchse value would go up immediately by 125million at the LEAST, as soon as he signs on that dotted line.. AND THATS FOR EVERY TEAM IN THE NBA.

Thats garunteed sellouts, garunteed #1 jersey sells, garunteed national televised games, garunteed new season ticket holders.. Doesn't take a "run"..

And you're NYC, you're suppose to be the almighty Knicks who have the 50% value of earning a billion while Chicago has 1%.. But are not even worth a 100mil more than us.. (Bulls worth 511 Knicks worth 586)

i'm not disputing what bron would mean to the bulls...i'm talking about the increase in worth of the knicks signing another star BESIDES lebron...you realize he isn't the only one in the nba right?...and already being 98 million dollars ahead of you..wouldn't make it that hard to stay ahead of you....
 7 years ago '04        #77
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
this is what you asked me....

i'm pretty sure my explination gave clear cut reasons as to why,and how the knicks are a "1st tier franchise".....and why the nets at best are a "2nd tier franchise"....

you're angered by the FACTS,and now want to break it down to "name one knick player who's in national advertisements"......

give up...
and i explained why they have the value they have but you didnt grasp that because i never said the nets were and u keep compairing them to the nets and not real 1st tier teams like the bulls celtics or lakers

the value of the team is based on the building and the network
 07-01-2010, 06:47 PM         #78
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Great but based on what they were originally going for before LeBron announced he was having meetings in Ohio, with celebrities, and world class chefs and entertainers, their intent was always to go for the "we can make you a billionaire and more famous" card. And based on this thread, it didn't change.

that was on top of him winning as well....bron has aspirations of being a billionare....in order for him to accomplish the numbers that were thrown out according to this report...he would need to win a few ships....

so essentially that covers all basis....winning...and money......game,set,match..
 07-01-2010, 06:48 PM         #79
clearm3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MosDefinition said:
how do u figure that he gets the same advertisements hed get where ever he plays

jordan didnt play in ny and hes wworth close to a billion dollars so is tiger woods marketing an athlete or celebrity as opposed to marketing a product are 2 different things
gatorade, nike, etc the major deals are going to sponsor lebron no matter what market he is in. They will obviously benefit greatly though if he was in NY. Smaller companies though will take the risk on lebron knowing they can reach a bigger audience in ny compared to say Cleveland or Miami.

I never doubted anything about jordan or tiger making their money but lets now say this, had Jordan been in a knicks jersey, hed of been making a s**t load more and his ex wife would be wiping her a.ss with even more money right now.
 7 years ago '05        #80
space
space
 clearm3 said:
he goes to the knicks, he is gonna be given his own damn tv show on MSG

lebron is already gonna be on tv even if he went to go sign with the damn Bucks. Cubs arent beloved, people just feel bad for them.
And when he's not on ESPN and TNT he'll be on WGN who carries 30% of our season games, that are televised on a national level, where as MSG is only local.

Tell me why Michael Jordans restaurant closed in chicago but is still up and running in NY???
Because the f**kin food was nasty..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
237 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
299 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
91 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy