The last Airbender

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
59 comments
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #61
s4s|M 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$12,056 | Props total: 0 0
first time ive left a movie and wanted my money back
 7 years ago '07        #62
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,789 | Props total: 14597 14597
 s4s said:
first time ive left a movie and wanted my money back
The only time I did that was w/ King Arthur and I didn't even pay so I tried to ask for my friends money back.
 7 years ago '08        #63
bigshock 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,143 | Props total: 0 0
 proof1984 said:
would never watch any movie that m night crapalot makes

one word....Happening
My n*gga. @ my brother telling me "The Happening" was a good movie. M. Knight is a.ss cheeks. Who keeps letting him destroy their movies?
 7 years ago '07        #64
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 bigshock said:
My n*gga. @ my brother telling me "The Happening" was a good movie. M. Knight is a.ss cheeks. Who keeps letting him destroy their movies?
Despite how bad The Happening was it made it's money back and then some (163 mil+ ww). Nothing he's made ever flopped. This might though if it doesn't do well overseas. Ppl overseas will see anything that gets bad reviews though.

Last edited by TH35; 07-03-2010 at 10:18 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #65
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4329 4329
Boxden is surprised M. Night Syamalan made another piece of s**t movie... Ok?

7 years ago '05        #66
sleezy 
space
space
$5,346 | Props total: 1147 1147
havent seen it yet and im scared to cuz i was sooooo hyped about it, i might wait 2 weeks when it hit netflix but i hope they get another shot to do the 2nd one and get writers and make it over 2 hrs long....

i think everybody bashing is just following the trend and there is a big m.night bias goin on where people are expecting his stuff to be trash so if its not mind blowing they will trash it...

must be the same people who thought watchmen sucked and was boring when actually it was good with a great story
 7 years ago '04        #67
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 BRonin357 said:
My only problem with the movie was that it was too serious. Or maybe that was becuase the writing was bad. Either way, I enjoyed seeing it. Call me crazy. I read a review on gizmodo and they hated on it hugely. I was going in hyped cuz I love the series, characters, plot, etc so getting to see this live action was cool for me. Was I expecting oscar worthy acting and story telling from a nicktoons show and M night, hell no, was I just going to be entertained, yes. The CG was in great use, but how else would you have it? I think pixar and/or spike lee could have done a way better job!
didnt u feel like the story was more on point with the series than anything else has ever been?

i mean people who never saw the series shouldnt even be allowed to comment and people always complain about s**t deviating from the real story too much in s**t like x-men and then they make this movie which is exact to the way the cartoon is and people gonna b**ch

people hate on the acting when it wasnt bad at all to me, i feel like the actor who played aang did good playing him, sokka wasnt bad and katara reminded me of the way she was in the series, zuko's performance was good to me too

i dont get how anyone who has seen the who first season couldnt like this movie, i agree that it could have been longer

and i read a review of someone b**chin cuz the didnt explain y the fire nation started attacking, no s**t, they dont explain that till book 3 with the flashback of sozin and roku when they were friends

i like it cuz they didnt change the story at all like they do for other s**t

edit: i thought jet, the Kyoshi warriors, and the boy in the wheelchair was all in the next book, but it was in book 1 and they left it out, hopefully they put it in book 2 cuz that s**ts important

Last edited by Plizaya J; 07-03-2010 at 05:56 PM..
 07-03-2010, 07:22 PM         #68
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thehogue... said:
The only time I did that was w/ King Arthur and I didn't even pay so I tried to ask for my friends money back.
how dare you leave a movie with Keira Knightley in it?
 7 years ago '07        #69
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 geovanni. said:
how dare you leave a movie with Keira Knightley in it?
I didn't leave it. I fell asleep watching it . I'd never leave a movie, even if it's really bad.

Last edited by TH35; 07-03-2010 at 08:20 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #70
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 Nyuzi said:
They didn't do the animated show any type of justice by putting this out.
u must have never seen the cartoon because it did the cartoon more justice than any movie made from cartoons are comic has ever done

yea, they left Jet out but u can easily introduce him in book 2 especially since most of that will be in Ba Sing Se and Jet be lurking in that city with his gang, i can see y they didnt introduce the kyoshia warriors since the princess was sokka's love interest in this 1 and they probably figured they'll just introduce her after the princess is gone
 07-03-2010, 10:28 PM         #71
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have one question: Is appa in the movie?
 07-03-2010, 10:51 PM         #72
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wouldn't be doing my job as a fan if I didn't seek out the positive reviews, too.
 USA Today said:
But for a kids' movie, Airbender delivers on multiple levels. And if the series does continue, Shyamalan may find action a lot less frightening than the reaction to his horror of late.

Star Tribune said:
The film is chockablock with gee-wow marvels. The Asian-inspired sets are extraordinary. Aang and friends travel on a flying six-legged albino beaver; Fire Nation cavalrymen ride into battle on giant geckos. The camera observes these psychedelic wonders casually, as George Lucas nonchalantly showed us the twin moons of Tatooine. And in the Lucas manner, the warfare is bloodless, with f!ghters felled by special-effects showers of ice or wind or sparks, so that combat has a sort of gorgeous grandeur.

However....
 Roger Ebert said:
The Last Airbender is an agonizing experience in every category I can think of and others still waiting to be invented.
 7 years ago '07        #73
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 geovanni. said:
I wouldn't be doing my job as a fan if I didn't seek out the positive reviews, too.

However....

Yea Appa is in it a lot. The movie is bad if you thought it would be epic but it isn't that bad. There were still a lot of things that were on point. That video review I posted was pretty much how I felt about it. Ebert acted like he needed to be force fed everything but they explain everything to you in the movie, too much in fact. It just needs new writing if MNS is allowed to finish the trilogy. It was just a lot to cover in an hour and 45 min. I also heard Paramount made him cut 25 min. of it. That could've been a reason why the editing was so bad and it felt like it was jumping everywhere. The 3D was also Paramount's fault. They don't care though because this 2nd quarter they were 1st in profits out of the other studios.

Last edited by TH35; 07-04-2010 at 12:19 AM..
 07-04-2010, 12:21 AM         #74
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Okay. So, I am off in a few minutes to see it.
 7 years ago '07        #75
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 geovanni. said:
Okay. So, I am off in a few minutes to see it.
Don't come in hyped up. I compare this to the Hulk that Ang Lee made some of it was good some of it was bad. Overall it was average and could've been better.
 07-04-2010, 12:28 AM         #76
Amaterasu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dang, I'm still waiting to see this. Haven't been able the last few days.
 07-04-2010, 12:31 AM         #77
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
k.

now let's discuss how f**king unsatisfying the last episode of the series was.
I want an epilogue animated movie. ahora mismo. :(
 7 years ago '06        #78
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
$12,533 | Props total: 1036 1036
I actually liked this movie......I mean ive seen the cartoon and the story was about right.....The special effects were crazy but the acting could have been better...... It actually followed the cartoon in the most part...I can understand where people would dislike the movie but it was alright to me
 7 years ago '04        #79
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 Peterparker said:
^
damn that web-site either tha s**t outta Last Airbender..lmaooooooooo

funny how tha first preview when we get a glimpse of he character is better then tha movie..I refused to pay to see this movie..based off tha simple fact they whitewash tha movie..n looks like it came to bite them in tha a.ss......lol
i cant understand how people can be this dumb

whitewash

thats y the whole fire nation was middle eastern and the whole earth kingdom was asian

yea, the water tribe was white, but they were white in the cartoon

seems like he made the monks all races in the movie
 7 years ago '04        #80
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 stxbreed said:
boy yous a fool lol. i aint even kno it wuz a cartoon till i came into dis thread. it did seem like it skipped a lot of s**t. i dug da f!ght scenes tho. didnt find out it wuz pg till i got dere so my expectations dropped. over all movie wuz cool. gotta keep in mind dis movie really isnt for adults.
well it didnt

they skipped Jet and the kyoshi warriors but they way people cant seem to follow the story with the characters that were in this then that is probably best introduced next movie especially since sokka falls in love with one of the kyoshi warriors and sokka already had a love interest in this one
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
14 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
38 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
99 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
161 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
227 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
49 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy