Drake Admits He's A Studio Singer, "I Could Never Really Take Singing On The Road"

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
12 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
44 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '08        #21
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
 Ahmed said:
Drake recently considered whether he could giving up rapping for a R&B singing career.

Although he takes pride in his singing ability, Drake believes rapping is his core talent.

VIBE: If you were stuck with an ultimatum to choose between singing and rapping, what would you go with?
Drake: I could never really take singing on the road the way I can take rapping on the road. I can’t get on stage and blow people away with my range and vocals. I’m a studio singer because I can convey emotion and I have unique melodies, so that’s kind of what I pride myself on, but that’s where it stops. I make music more for people to listen to rather than to hold me as an R&B artist. Not to wish that I couldn’t sing better. If I could sing like Trey [Songz] then yeah, I’d definitely just want to be a singer. If I could do anything, trust me, I wish I could just sit at the piano and sing

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #22
Part2 
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 0 0
Drake can at least hold a tune which is better than most rappers, he has a good ear for melodies too. That Find Your Love live performance was horrible but the singing on his album was generally dope. Props to him for being real about it.
 7 years ago '05        #23
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,260 | Props total: 9733 9733
keepin' it real though... people need to stop lying to themselves if they think his album is hip-hop... because it clearly isn't. s**t is mostly R&B with some rap sprinkled in... this n*gga is essentially the 2010 Montell Jordan.
 06-30-2010, 10:39 PM         #24
Salvation  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drake stays winning.
 7 years ago '05        #25
Tounw 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,004 | Props total: 209 209
Duh......
 7 years ago '06        #26
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
At least he was honest.
 7 years ago '06        #27
Poloboy69 
space
space
space
$2,232 | Props total: 346 346
I prefer him to sing rather then rap at times, i just dont feel the need for him to go release a full length R&B album nor an Rap album now. Ill take the balance anyday over him concentrating on one thing. He is at his best when he is singing and rapping on a song. People talk about his singing but he wasnt a hot topic just rapping in his early days. I give him credit, he was able to get guys like Trey songz, little brother, clipse, Rich Boy and some other known rappers to collaborate with him but it still didnt get him anywhere. When the singing came along, he started moving forward rather then staying still. Thats when he got attention. He has no choice to sing because with just rapping he is stuck in one place. All good rappers are stuck in a ways then they have something in their corner to keep them going. If Jay couldnt story tell and set trends he'd be stuck kinda, If nas couldnt go over peoples heads we wouldnt pay attention. If wayne couldnt rap and do rock songs and make things acceptable he'd be stuck. Same way with Kanye and pay attention closely. Kanye west is a great rapper, artist and producer but lets face it, he has come along way. This guy production has saved his a.ss for half his career until the lyrics and everything fell into place. Most Artist dont rap as good as Drake starting off, He is lryical and when he is on tracks with other artist its lights out and nobody can f**k with him on hooks. Singing takes him to that next level. He isnt stuck cuz he will always have another option. Jay doesnt make club records but when he made on the next one people were like damn we needed this. so accept the singing and have fun with it. Its acceptable
 06-30-2010, 11:14 PM         #28
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 monrowe said:
he has a good live show .. he can sing or hold a note live better than alot of mofos who pose to be pure singers .. what ever he does i dont want the motherf**ker eye gazing with my chick doing it .

no he can't.....and it's sad that drake is more honest about his singing than his stans..
 7 years ago '06        #29
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Yeah I've been saying all along that Drake's not a real R&B singer he just knows how to Harmonize.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy