Drake Admits He's A Studio Singer, "I Could Never Really Take Singing On The Road"

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
194 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
115 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
106 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-30-2010, 07:22 PM         #1
10151 pageviews
30 comments

evici1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drake Admits He's A Studio Singer, "I Could Never Really Take Singing On The Road"

Drake recently considered whether he could giving up rapping for a R&B singing career.

Although he takes pride in his singing ability, Drake believes rapping is his core talent.

VIBE: If you were stuck with an ultimatum to choose between singing and rapping, what would you go with?
Drake: I could never really take singing on the road the way I can take rapping on the road. I canít get on stage and blow people away with my range and vocals. Iím a studio singer because I can convey emotion and I have unique melodies, so thatís kind of what I pride myself on, but thatís where it stops. I make music more for people to listen to rather than to hold me as an R&B artist. Not to wish that I couldnít sing better. If I could sing like Trey [Songz] then yeah, Iíd definitely just want to be a singer. If I could do anything, trust me, I wish I could just sit at the piano and sing

[pic - click to view]

One Q, One A: Singing Or Rapping--Which Does Drake Choose? | Vibe

30 comments for "Drake Admits He's A Studio Singer, "I Could Never Really Take Singing On The Road""

7 years ago '06        #2
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
He's kinda like the dream when it come tot he singer s**t.. the n*gga cant really sing but he knows what melodies are about and have a good ear when it come to incorporatin vocals with a beat. He knows about harmony.. just like dream.. but to actually sing.. nah not happenin.
 7 years ago '10        #3
Kno 1 
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 288 288
females buy his records... he 'sings' on their fav joints by him... curious to see how he performs at shows.
 7 years ago '06        #4
Affectz 131 heat pts131
space
space
$8,211 | Props total: 4482 4482
 illogik said:
Drake sucks at singing period.
True but he makes great singing records:dancingcool:
 06-30-2010, 07:54 PM         #5
ATF Fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drake keeps it so real. How can you hate on this guy? lol
 7 years ago '10        #6
Pun 8 heat pts
space
space
$620 | Props total: 10 10
 ATF Fresh said:
Drake keeps it so real. How can you hate on this guy? lol
yo jump off his nuts son
 7 years ago '04        #7
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
Almost all of that n*ggas album was singing... It was garbage... not even one song on the whole album I could bare listening too... Trash.
 06-30-2010, 08:11 PM         #8
freakbucket  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Russ369 said:
Almost all of that n*ggas album was singing... It was garbage... not even one song on the whole album I could bare listening too... Trash.
thank me now was hot.
 7 years ago '07        #9
Bkjj11 3547 heat pts3547
space
space
$92,372 | Props total: 69904 69904
no wonder he sounded like s**t on jay leno last week
 06-30-2010, 08:46 PM         #10
sloppy1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he cant get on stage and blow people away with his lyrics either...this cat is a r&b singer. face it
 7 years ago '04        #11
HTownkilla 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,296 | Props total: 39 39
in other words he cant use the "melodyne" plugin live..cuz thats what he uses...anyone can sound good with that plug in
 7 years ago '09        #12
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,818 | Props total: 1138 1138
that halfa n*gga sounds even more horrible singing live from what I hear and from the videos I've seen
 7 years ago '05        #13
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 2209 2209
 illogik said:
Drake sucks period.
There. Much better.
 7 years ago '05        #14
King Of Da Souf 2 heat pts
space
space
$921 | Props total: 97 97
i aint gone say the n*gga suck cause da clown a.ss n*gga talented....but i agree with him..hes not the best singer..but he can sing some wut....drake str8 id rather listen to 10 other n*ggas b4 him but im not gone hate on him he is one hell of an artist..just my opinion
 06-30-2010, 09:16 PM         #15
hurricanegamePZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas needa just start autotuning live and tour the world with that s**t...f**k the haters...no one cares about swagless john legend a.ss n*ggas that can really sing.....sad but true
 7 years ago '05        #16
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,022 | Props total: 537 537
he has a good live show .. he can sing or hold a note live better than alot of mofos who pose to be pure singers .. what ever he does i dont want the motherf**ker eye gazing with my chick doing it .
 7 years ago '05        #17
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,064 | Props total: 10748 10748
I think we all knew this.

He does do some good studio hooks though
 06-30-2010, 09:36 PM         #18
Krazy K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ahmed said:
Drake recently considered whether he could giving up rapping for a R&B singing career.

Although he takes pride in his singing ability, Drake believes rapping is his core talent.

VIBE: If you were stuck with an ultimatum to choose between singing and rapping, what would you go with?
Drake: I could never really take singing on the road the way I can take rapping on the road. I canít get on stage and blow people away with my range and vocals. Iím a studio singer because I can convey emotion and I have unique melodies, so thatís kind of what I pride myself on, but thatís where it stops. I make music more for people to listen to rather than to hold me as an R&B artist. Not to wish that I couldnít sing better. If I could sing like Trey [Songz] then yeah, Iíd definitely just want to be a singer. If I could do anything, trust me, I wish I could just sit at the piano and sing

I agree with this but Drake can sing unlike other rappers that try. People could listen to a whole track of Drake singing but could we do the same with 50, Max B or Nelly? (Pimp Juice was horrible)
 7 years ago '08        #19
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,103 | Props total: 23318 23318
we could tell from that awful jay leno performance
 7 years ago '05        #20
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
He can sing but he's just not a vocalist. Dude can sing better than Tpain and Ray J.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
214 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
164 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
308 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago