Eminem's Recovery sells 753,870 first week (sales numbers final)

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
34 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
72 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
20 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #141
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,990 | Props total: 4020 4020
time to honor those avy bets, drake stans.
 06-29-2010, 05:17 PM         #142
gmonay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ATF Fresh said:
That's what happens when you have white fans.
or if you make an insane album.
or if its not soft s**t like Drake.

or..

i can keep going. but i'll stop because its mean to destroy on the people who dont know any better.
 7 years ago '07        #143
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 336db336boy336 said:
Fam you cant even spell so dont down nobody
Just got to the droid incredible I have to get used to this s**t
 06-29-2010, 05:19 PM         #144
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyse03 said:
Im black an i been bumpin Em since day one...no suburbs her fam...straight brooklyn...real recognize real an he gotta be the greatest...shouts to Drake though...shoulda pushed his s**t forward now...he waited to long an got bootlegged hardbody
Bk in the house

its em allday but these stans need to stop O.Ding thas all
 7 years ago '05        #145
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
 http:// said:
I'm willing to put money up you live nowhere near the hood. Keep it thuggin' though... yawn

Anyone who even DREAMT that Drake would outsell Eminem is a dummy, so to say "Drake lost" as if someone expected him to do better is pretty stupid.

Universal invested a lot of money into Drake and they're going to make it all back + then some. Gold in 2 weeks, platinum sooner or later... in 2010? Yeah, that's profit. And that's 500,000 in 2 weeks + digital sales. Drake is good money, how y'all think he lost is beyond me.

Then Eminem... 750,000 + 250,000 digital sales = platinum first week (technically)

2 really dope albums (both AOTY contenders) with well deserved recognition, that's a beautiful thing and very rare in hip hop nowadays. If only The Roots' album got the same recognition... and Reflection Eternal... and Nas/Damian Marley... sigh.

BP3 is almost double platinum by the way, get mad
That Reflection Eternal joint was off the hook. DAMN, that album was awesome...
 7 years ago '04        #146
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
Word, brotha. Only sold like 20K first week though I believe, and I think I'm the only dude in Coney Island who owns a retail copy of the album. It's a damn shame.
 06-29-2010, 05:25 PM         #147
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
white kids buy....records and want to be the guy.
 7 years ago '04        #148
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
 336db336boy336 said:
Cuz he sells 754,000 he's the best.......lol
90% of his sales come from white people that want to be him

He's another vanilla ice.
....but he has done this for EVERY single album, you dont see much of people getting 750k+ sales the first week, but to judge it on because white people are the majority of buying his album is just stupid.

Vanilla ice, how many cds went platinum for him?
hell, even a compilation album went platinum and he was on 2-3 songs.
 7 years ago '07        #149
Bkjj11 3552 heat pts3552
space
space
$92,800 | Props total: 70360 70360
 The N said:
You do realize I am just joking with you right?, don't tell me you're that sensitive like that and you claim NYC?...L
quit replyin to me
 7 years ago '05        #150
space
space
Word, brotha. Only sold like 20K first week though I believe, and I think I'm the only dude in Coney Island who owns a retail copy of the album. It's a damn shame.
it really is, but then again, this type of hip hop is a very niche type of hip hop. That album, it felt like, was for the real fans who was there when Rawkus was a force in underground hip hop.
 7 years ago '09        #151
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,731 | Props total: 6245 6245
 youngskits718 said:
Wow and this dude didn't even have any crazy promo did he?

s**t, did he have ANY promo at all?
He spent millions upon billions on a Emwow advert and paid Paulie Shore 48million for an album review

Seriously he did f**k all til a few weeks ago but he has stepped promotion up on chat shows and the like,surprised there is still no 2nd single out

People keep posting those pics,lets even things out

[video - click to view]

These sales also squash the rumore the only reason Relapse did good was because it was his comeback

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 06-29-2010 at 05:38 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #152
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 DaOmega_1 said:
it really is, but then again, this type of hip hop is a very niche type of hip hop. That album, it felt like, was for the real fans who was there when Rawkus was a force in underground hip hop.
Yeah that's true. They might not go platinum, but dudes who do go platinum (i.e.- Eminem, Jay-Z, soon to be Drake, etc.) look up to Reflection Eternal and The Roots and 'em, so that speaks volumes, a lot louder than any platinum plaque or money stack.
 7 years ago '05        #153
space
space
Yeah that's true. They might not go platinum, but dudes who do go platinum (i.e.- Eminem, Jay-Z, soon to be Drake, etc.) look up to Reflection Eternal and The Roots and 'em, so that speaks volumes, a lot louder than any platinum plaque or money stack.
Took the words right outta my mouth. Money is nice, but respect in the hip hop community is a better thing to have. The sales that Reflection Eternal got, no matter how much it is, doesn't compare to their fanbase.

But, much props to both Em and Drake. They both did their things with their respective albums.
 7 years ago '10        #154
eminem2010 
space
space
space
$242 | Props total: 0 0
too many hater in here. i'm asian n i went out to buy Recovery. who care what the "street" or "hood" lisening to when most of them don't even buy album anyway.
 7 years ago '09        #155
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
Money is nice, but respect in the hip hop community is a better thing to have.
Eminem said in the new billboard album it didnt matter if he did 80mil 1st week he cared more about appreciation from fans and his peers.
 06-29-2010, 05:43 PM         #156
Beaker 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Took the words right outta my mouth. Money is nice, but respect in the hip hop community is a better thing to have.

7 years ago '07        #157
jamega2f 80 heat pts80
space
space
$1,307 | Props total: 31 31
Em k!llin them soooooo sick....da album goes hard must cop
 7 years ago '04        #158
Rap Prodigy 
space
space
$334 | Props total: 28 28
I know this is a little late i usually dont post much i just get enertainment out of reading other people's opinions... But I'm black I got to college... I'm educated and I'm going to law school after college. Half my friends are black half my friends are white and more of my black friends rate em higher than my white friends. ( me including). My white friends still think waynes the best rapper alive but most my black friends give em his props for his lyrical talent even if they can't relate to everything he talks about. But at least he talks about something other than money ho's and objectifying black women. But whatever to each their own. And yes I bought Recovery.

Str8 outta Cuse said:
Damn madd racist black dudes on here. Where are you motherf**kers in real life tho? I chill with 90% black dudes and they all bump some Em. they dont go out and buy the s**t but then again they dont buy any albums ha, they listen to it and give Em his props.

As a white guy with almost all black friends and a black girlfriend I don't see the hate towards Em in real life.

So either the black ppl on Boxden are a bunch of low life uneducated retards, or everyone i chill with is too afraid to say anything about Em in real life.

I'm gonna guess its option number 1.

If you're Black and you don't live under a rock, then help give him some damn credibility in this thread.

I know soo many ppl that listen to Em that are cool educated diverse ppl. So you 16 clowns on boxden that hate on Em in every single thread please inform me what the deal is?
 7 years ago '06        #159
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,903 | Props total: 1213 1213
 Bkjj11 said:
My 2 cents...

k!lled these n*ggas

753k gonna get alotta haters :jay:

Best cd of the year so far.
were u not hating on it when it came out u f**got
 7 years ago '09        #160
space
space
 Rap Prodigy said:
My white friends still think waynes the best rapper alive
I knew somebody who thought that once............i stabbed him to death with a feathered pillow and s**t on his grave
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
61 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy