Eminem's Recovery sells 753,870 first week (sales numbers final)

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
160 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
94 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-29-2010, 04:40 PM         #121
DERRICK D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingstown04 said:
im black but im jus wondering what's wrong with listenin to all types of music...las time i checked i didn't see anything saying you couldn't listen to whatever you want to...jus sayin

i didnt say listen to all types of music... a lot of them dont rap PERIOD.

a bunch of them will tell you the only rapper they have ever listened to is eminem.

"besides eminem, rap sucks" they will tell you.

and this is y he sells.
 7 years ago '04        #122
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 DETOX2010 said:
Next Album Titled is '' Fully Recovered '' due out sometime early jan. 2011 with productions from timbaland,alchemist,j.r. rotem, & some new producers & the guest list lineup i saw was d12 , yelawolf, cashis , obie trice, 50 cent, trick trick, kid rock
thanks for the made up rumor that all these people will prob believe
 7 years ago '09        #123
kingstown04 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,543 | Props total: 87 87
 DERRICK D said:

a bunch of them will tell you the only rapper they have ever listened to is eminem.

and this is y he sells.
i see what your saying but that argument goes both ways alot of white guys don't like eminem becuz they don't think he can rap yet they prefer gucci mane, wayne, or drake over him....all about what you like and at the end of the day if someone likes a artists their gonna support him
 7 years ago '06        #124
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 Ex The God said:
I only read the first page cuz im not gonna go through 10000000000000000 pages of idiots saying "its cuz he's white" and yaddayadda....Eminem made a solid f**king album and people bought that s**t...drakes album was alright in my opinion...but considering his "buzz" he should be doing Shady numbers....but he isnt...and he wont ever...Drake is going to start losing relevance now since his album didnt do huge numbers..i put cash
:agreement6:

Well said.

And as much buzz Drake has got over the past year or so, I figured he would have sold more. Either way he didn't "lose". He did average numbers, which is all right cause that's what the album was ... average. Seems fair to me.
 7 years ago '10        #125
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,681 | Props total: 200 200
congrats em. it's just good to see dude got his life back together. that's all that matters in the end.
 06-29-2010, 04:48 PM         #126
DERRICK D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingstown04 said:
i see what your saying but that argument goes both ways alot of white guys don't like eminem becuz they don't think he can rap yet they prefer gucci mane, wayne, or drake over him....all about what you like and at the end of the day if someone likes a artists their gonna support him

shyt really? i never ever known a white person to not like eminem.
they might like those other artist but eminem is still on the top of their list.
well at least i know the whites that love eminem far our number the ones who dont..by millions.
 7 years ago '09        #127
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
 bay224 said:
shut yo h.onkey white azz up.....all black dudes that hang with u lost all their street cred.
or never had any from the start.

and again eminem only sells cuz hes whitee...bunch of nerd juz like u.
Do you have any idea how ignorant you come of as?
 06-29-2010, 05:02 PM         #128
ATF Fresh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's what happens when you have white fans.
 7 years ago '05        #129
dahabi 90 heat pts90
space
space
$10,759 | Props total: 1240 1240
 7 years ago '08        #130
hollaballooza 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,250 | Props total: 430 430
 DERRICK D said:
shyt really? i never ever known a white person to not like eminem.
they might like those other artist but eminem is still on the top of their list.
well at least i know the whites that love eminem far our number the ones who dont..by millions.
Eminem is usually considered one of the greatest because he is, in actual fact, one of the greatest.
 7 years ago '05        #131
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 DERRICK D said:

and this is y he sells.
So, is this the reason why all of my white hipster art school friends have tons of Dr. Dre, Lil Wayne, Little Brother, Tech 9, Immortal Technique, Sean Price, Boot Camp Clik, Lupe Fiasco, The Roots, Kanye West, and other prominent hip hop acts on their iPods?

This delusional "only black people listen to hip hop" mentality is retarded.
 7 years ago '06        #132
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 336db336boy336 said:
Look at the image paul wall has.....dumb a.ss

He acts n dress n thinks black....so dont compare

And theres no racism....Im just saying when u got the white crowd its hard to fail period

I don't understand why you can't compare the 2? Didn't Eminem act, dress, and think black when he first came into the game and years after? The only difference between the 2 is Eminem actually has talent and Paul Wall is a.ss and still acts like a w.igger. Same can be said about Bubba Sparxx, Haystak, and any other white rapper out there in the world. I bet you Haystak has more of a white fanbase than Eminem so why is he failing then? Majority of his fanbase is white trash. The same "fans" that love ICP. They are white, too.

Bottom line is, Eminem has a big fan base of black people, too. You really think almost all of those numbers came from white people? I'm black and I bought the album. I've been a fan of Em since day 1 and he's one of my favorites.

So that whole "it's hard to fail when you got a white fanbase" is bulls**t. Got any other valid excuses?

Sounds like to me there's a bunch of salty n*ggas on here.
 7 years ago '04        #133
Ea$e 
space
space
$6,409 | Props total: 424 424
One minute, it's "such and such sold because white people buy their music", next it's "Only white people are buying albums!" Then it's "Eminem only sold because he's white". Give the dude some f**king crazy and stop these pre-conceived stereotypical notions that primarily white people bought the album.

You're telling me that out of 753k people + another 250k people on iTunes, there's no possible way that anybody of color copped the album? This reverse racism s**t is stupid....

Being white and being as dope as the dude is as a rapper, being one of the first of his kind to not only rap, on a nationwide scale and actually be RESPECTED by all of his peers, and pretty much feared lyrically by the majority (so it seems since 90% of rappers won't say s**t about Em on a record...) but to also be such a proven, time and time again consistent SELLER, it automatically puts the dude on a pedestal.

I'll be the first to say that I hated Encore and thought Relapse was decent, but Recovery definitely deserves this. Not only is it good, and good for him, but it's also good for the music industry. This should be proof and motivation to every "big time" artist out there that's struggling with sales that it IS indeed possible to do big numbers.
 7 years ago '10        #134
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,279 | Props total: 23784 23784
i thought he only sold like 330k?
 7 years ago '04        #135
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 bay224 said:
who cares about all these cr.ackas buying this album..they dont determine whats hot.the hood does.

and the hood aint chckin 4 this h.onkey.
I'm willing to put money up you live nowhere near the hood. Keep it thuggin' though... yawn

Anyone who even DREAMT that Drake would outsell Eminem is a dummy, so to say "Drake lost" as if someone expected him to do better is pretty stupid.

Universal invested a lot of money into Drake and they're going to make it all back + then some. Gold in 2 weeks, platinum sooner or later... in 2010? Yeah, that's profit. And that's 500,000 in 2 weeks + digital sales. Drake is good money, how y'all think he lost is beyond me.

Then Eminem... 750,000 + 250,000 digital sales = platinum first week (technically)

2 really dope albums (both AOTY contenders) with well deserved recognition, that's a beautiful thing and very rare in hip hop nowadays. If only The Roots' album got the same recognition... and Reflection Eternal... and Nas/Damian Marley... sigh.

BP3 is almost double platinum by the way, get mad
 7 years ago '07        #136
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,838 | Props total: 2104 2104
I'm white, I like Eminem but he's not nearly my top artist. I'm actually only person in my group of friends that like him and I kinda get joked on for it. I just tell him dude is crazy but he can spit. But i'm from the south so we like that dirty south rap and Em kinda mainstream guess thats why they dont like him.
 7 years ago '07        #137
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,346 | Props total: 21258 21258
 Sean McDevitt said:
i thought he only sold like 330k?

why did you come in this thread?
 7 years ago '07        #138
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,838 | Props total: 2104 2104
Eminem only sells cuz he's black.
 7 years ago '09        #139
kingstown04 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,543 | Props total: 87 87
 http:// said:
I'm willing to put money up you live nowhere near the hood. Keep it thuggin' though... yawn
that got me for some reason
 7 years ago '10        #140
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 DETOX2010 said:
Next Album Titled is '' Fully Recovered '' due out sometime early jan. 2011 with productions from timbaland,alchemist,j.r. rotem, & some new producers & the guest list lineup i saw was d12 , yelawolf, cashis , obie trice, 50 cent, trick trick, kid rock
The fake s**t for the new album is already starting?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
241 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago