Eminem's Recovery sells 753,870 first week (sales numbers final)

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
177 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
91 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-29-2010, 03:31 PM         #61
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drake lost?
 06-29-2010, 03:33 PM         #62
Yellob0y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ether04 said:
bulls**t i went to target and to best buy in ny and they both were filled with recovery aint nobody buyin this
who's in charge of comin up with those numbers anyway?? well do u know anybody who bought this record? i dont.....
just check out this thread

you'll see whos buying it...
 06-29-2010, 03:33 PM         #63
MortalDanger 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
imo drake lost because he did that f**king NYC gimick with his free concert, that brought everyone out on ny buying his album then flockin to his free concert which didnt even happen lol, he scammed for them first week numbers.... if eminem did a free concert in detroit or nyc he woulda done 1.5 mill his first week

drake lost dont give a f**k about it being his debut or whatever he still lost dude been around for 2 years its not even fair to call it his debut
 7 years ago '10        #64
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 8296 8296
 fmoney88 said:
damn white nerds/junkies doing there jobs

i cant believe that many white dudes listen to that garbage eminem puts out, as long as no black people accounted for those sales i could care less. 98% of black dont listen to that bs em has been puttin after his only good album the mmlp
I'm not gonna lie. I know absolutely NO black people that listen to Em....including myself. All the people I see bumpin his s**t are white people and more interestingly, girls
 7 years ago '05        #65
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 Trap$tar said:
I doubt those numbers as well. Game sold great. Eminem sold alot on his debut album. He posted that a couple of times and hasnt provided a link.
em didnt sell alot of his first album in his first week, it was more of a gradual buzz after, my name is, and guilty... really start picking up.
 7 years ago '08        #66
Gmo BlaZe 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,886 | Props total: 676 676
Thank Me later is better
 7 years ago '04        #67
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,972 | Props total: 4301 4301
 Yung Dilla said:
wait how is drake in the top 3 of debuts games debut actually cracked gold first week??

drake did 463k

game actually hit 500k

unless they counting them underground albums :Shrug:
If they're gonna count the underground albums, then they should count So Far Gone for Drake then too.
 7 years ago '05        #68
Makaveli_Hitman 
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 27 27
shaaaaadddddddyyyyyyyyy
 7 years ago '04        #69
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1792 1792
 francnad4 said:
Can you explain to me, how selling the same as Jay-Z on your debut, and breaking into the top 3 debut first week sales in HIP HOP HISTORY in 2010 is not meeting expectations???????????????? Some retarded haters on this forum...just accept Drake won and move the f**k on..

Recovery deserved to sell this well, it was a great album..i knew it would sell more than Relapse..

like i said before, you got put the numbers in the right context

Drake's album hype >> Jay's album hype
Drake's radio presence before his release >> Jay's radio presence

Do I need to tell you how many precedents this man's "hype" and marketing team broke? His label was investing in him like he was already a multi-platinum artist. Private jets, grammy nominations, sprite commercials, etc ALL before your album even drops , what artist has that treatment been given to before???? Do ppl not see that Drake's hype was damn near the same as Wayne's hype if not bigger yet he sold less than half of what Wayne sold?

Jayg36 said:
How many different profiles does this Alex g dude have?!

There are only 2 other rappers in the HISTORY OF RAP, that have outdone the debut of Drake. If I expect to make a billion dollars and I only make 500 million, did I really lose

SN: Props to Em for this one. Definitely went hard on this album.
Game is # 3, and if you invest 500 million to make 1 billion and you only make 500 million, then yes you lost.
 7 years ago '08        #70
hollaballooza 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,249 | Props total: 430 430
....waits for joeyb and/or kingz....
 06-29-2010, 03:44 PM         #71
fmoney88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gmo BlaZe said:
Thank Me later is better
much better, tml is one of the greatest albums ever musically. TML incorporates all facets of music into make something creative. You got a robust selection of music on there from hardcore rap, to pop rap, to lyrical old school rap, to pop rnb, to smooth rnb. Drake showcased it all on that album.

Eminem put out another depressing garbage album with horrible beats that nerd and junkie white guys bob there heads to in a dark room by themselves. Eminem fans are those white guys you see with rotten teeth and s**t or an a.ss of acne on their face
 7 years ago '07        #72
LilIcey 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,095 | Props total: 252 252
where is thay guy that wanted to avy bet?
 7 years ago '06        #73
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,975 | Props total: 3992 3992
Great numbers for a great album.

Buncha salty a.ss fools in here too.
 7 years ago '10        #74
cjiscash 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,995 | Props total: 58 58
 francnad4 said:
Drake had the 3rd biggest debut first week sales in Hip Hop history behind Snoop Dogg in 1993 and 50 Cent in 2003..aswell as selling the same as Jay-Z. Just because its lower than Em doesnt mean it wasnt really good, huge win for Drake.

Good for Eminem aswell, they both won.
Wrong....
50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin' - 872,000
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle - 800,000
The Game - The Documentary - 586,000
Puff Daddy - No Way Out - 561,000
 7 years ago '04        #75
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286

*waits for the Nicki M. flop*
 7 years ago '04        #76
336db336boy336 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,070 | Props total: 556 556
Cuz he sells 754,000 he's the best.......lol
90% of his sales come from white people that want to be him

He's another vanilla ice.
 7 years ago '05        #77
PROPH07 1 heat pts
space
space
$846 | Props total: 11 11
what a way to put everyone elses sales in a body bag ....

''fab voice'' ba ba body ya
 7 years ago '08        #78
Gmo BlaZe 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,886 | Props total: 676 676
 fmoney88 said:
much better, tml is one of the greatest albums ever musically. TML incorporates all facets of music into make something creative. You got a robust selection of music on there from hardcore rap, to pop rap, to lyrical old school rap, to pop rnb, to smooth rnb. Drake showcased it all on that album.

Eminem put out another depressing garbage album with horrible beats that nerd and junkie white guys bob there heads to in a dark room by themselves. Eminem fans are those white guys you see with rotten teeth and s**t or an a.ss of acne on their face
I ain't gon say all that but i don't like recovery.

Em k!lls it lyrical sure but i can't ride to that s**t. Only songs i really f**k wit is that Pink song and The wayne song.

Other than that great job to him....This is a good look for hiphop

Last edited by Gmo BlaZe; 06-29-2010 at 03:50 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #79
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,898 | Props total: 1138 1138
:dancingcool:

Last edited by 1LynguisticMind; 06-29-2010 at 03:50 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #80
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
great numbers
[pic - click to view]

The N said:
his love, that dude is a Drake fanatic, posters on the wall type s**t, he thinks because Drake did as good as old camel that Drake is a legend in the game and s**t.
well s**t he's got little envious nerds like u comparing him to legends every day for some reason

not saying he's a legend at all, but almost gold ur first week on ur first album ever isn't a loss just cause he didnt sell as much as one of the biggest rappers in the world

and u dont even need to reply to this since it's just logic and w/e emotional post u make cant change that just saying brah
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
94 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
73 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
20 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
130 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy