Damn!! Is all I can say
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '07        #101
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,042 | Props total: 1024 1024
I guess nobody has the capability to think abstractly. If you are taking what Will is saying in a literal sense than of course it sounds crazy but Will is basically saying the age old concept of speaking things into existence, the same shyt most of these rappers' egos run off of (T.I., Jay, Kanye, etc). The whole 2 plus 2 thing is a metaphor how some people cannot see this is beyond me, and what is wrong with using "I" statements? Last time I checked saying " I think" or "I believe" is a less narcissistic way of stating your opinion than just saying "This is" or "That is" as if what you're saying is a non-subjective fact. It fits perfect with Will's concept because he is emphasizing taking control of your own destiny (i.e. this is what "I" am going to do, "I" will make it happen ) versus just accepting the conditions of the world to be the reason you can't get ahead in life. Then Oprah is crazy for simply saying "mhmm" ?, shyt just basically means she is acknowledging or comprehending what he is saying, that doesn't even necessarily means she agrees but she simply recognizes his conceptualization. Why wouldn't she? If someone said what Oprah would to the world 15 years ago then ppl would laugh at call you crazy like "yea right that aint happening" ( the whole 2+2 can't equal anything but four concept) but she had the mentality of " im not accepting what the WORLD says is my capability, I'm making my own rulebook" .

When will says he doesn't want to be an Icon but an Idea, dude is basically saying he doesn't want to be another narcissistic celebrity that basks in the attention and just represents his own vanity but rather a celebrity that provokes people to think a different way and represent a movement, the same way you can either look at Jay-Z as simply a idol to gawk at OR as inspiration to get off your a$$ cuz he made shyt seem possible. Why is this shyt so hard to grasp for some people? COUNTLESS authors have made books about this very philosophy ( The Alchemist, The Fountain Head, The Secret, etc) and they have all become New York Times best sellers and critically acclaimed but when the Black Man who is known for comedic performances says it he's crazy? Howard Stern knows what he's doing, there's some subconscious racism going on and yall are just accepting him downplaying and tearing down the intellect of one of the most accomplished (not even black but most accomplished individuals PERIOD) in the world today. If this was some White Ivy League Professor or Best Selling Author Howard wouldn't be saying shyt, but for the sake of ratings and knowing that he can make Will an easy target because of his background he's going to have a field day with it and yall will follow his train of thought like sheep. I'm not even saying Will is a "Genius" for saying this either, this "philosophy" is pretty cliche and existed for years and is regurgitated in COUNTLESS books but it just goes over peoples' heads in here. No wonder why some people on here have a post count amount higher than their bank account amount.
You articulated this very well!!!
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy