Possible to gain weight and get abs at the same time?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
267 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
223 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
86 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
8032 pageviews
12 comments

noreboy 
space
space
$165 | Props total: 0 0
Possible to gain weight and get abs at the same time?

I'm a slim dude with a gut. I started going back to the gym and trying to gain weight as I've been taking weight gainer, however I want to trim my gut at the same time and get abs. Is that possible if I work out my abs hard enough?

12 comments for "Possible to gain weight and get abs at the same time?"

06-28-2010, 02:35 PM         #2
MrAmazing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no such thing as spot reduction. you can lose body fat......but how "slim" are you?

no matter how hard you work your abs.....it won't make them show anymore than they are, you need to reduce body fat.
 7 years ago '06        #3
noreboy  OP
space
space
$165 | Props total: 0 0
I only really have body fat in my stomach, I'm slender everywhere else. I've heard to reduce your stomatch you need to reduce body fat like you said. However with reverse logic, if somebody can only gain wait in certain places, I figured they can also just lose it in those same places. If I reduce my body fat anymore just to get rid of my gut, I'd look like a crack head.
 7 years ago '05        #4
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,554 | Props total: 1156 1156
 noreboy said:
I only really have body fat in my stomach, I'm slender everywhere else. I've heard to reduce your stomatch you need to reduce body fat like you said. However with reverse logic, if somebody can only gain wait in certain places, I figured they can also just lose it in those same places. If I reduce my body fat anymore just to get rid of my gut, I'd look like a crack head.
i think your confused. if you diet properly and lift weights you'll gain muscle and lose fat.
 7 years ago '09        #5
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 57 57
You gotta do one, then the other.

Pretty hard to do both things at the same time.
 7 years ago '04        #6
opt706 
space
space
$502 | Props total: 0 0
your most likely not going to gain muscle and lose fat unless your a beginner.
 7 years ago '06        #7
therulersback 
space
space
space
$1,091 | Props total: 5 5
im sort of in the same position as you, allthough i have been getting better. i dont have a gut, but by no means are my abs developed.

my reccomendation (someone else correct me if you think otherwise)
ditch the weight gainer, but just eat more and clean..lean protein like turkey brea$t, tuna etc.

focus on lifting heavy. i think people sometimes forget that abs are just liek any other muscle too. so i woudl say do weighted decline crunches or use the nautirlus crnch machine but go heavy on that. you are adding abdominal muscle that will burn up fat

another problem i have is that im a big partier/drinker. if thats the same for you, you gotta stop getting hammered! a couple beers here and there is ok, but stay away from mixed drinks, 40s. and stop before you feel a buzz. sets you back for days in lifting
 7 years ago '10        #8
Jostre 
space
space
$1,359 | Props total: 1 1
its possible but dont think you will get results this summer it takes time, months imo. most personal trainers will suggest you lose weight first and get toned and give it about two months. then once you have those results you can start bulk out.

- its two different diets and thats why its hard.
 7 years ago '10        #9
Jostre 
space
space
$1,359 | Props total: 1 1
BUT ive been on a bulking diet and had a little fat starting out and ive cut alot of fat and now have a four pack and bulking pretty well. ive been dieting very strick though for the past two months. i drink once a week if anything. so anything is possible but it takes time.
 7 years ago '05        #10
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1873 1873
Why couldn't you just eat a high protein diet - low carb, Lift hard, and stay healthy?

by the way.. I'm opposed to all supplements..

I'm all natural
 07-01-2010, 05:18 AM         #11
MrAmazing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I_REP_VA said:
Why couldn't you just eat a high protein diet - low carb, Lift hard, and stay healthy?

by the way.. I'm opposed to all supplements..

I'm all natural
since you are "all natural", is your beef grass fed?

j/w...a lot of people throw out all natural but then they eat cow that was fed corn....as if cows are supposed to eat corn lol. not really natural. a.ssuming you also only eat pretty clean food. No grains and stuff like that.......
 7 years ago '05        #12
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1873 1873
 MrAmazing said:
since you are "all natural", is your beef grass fed?

j/w...a lot of people throw out all natural but then they eat cow that was fed corn....as if cows are supposed to eat corn lol. not really natural. a.ssuming you also only eat pretty clean food. No grains and stuff like that.......
well I'm not the perfect eater.. I've been actually eating poor lately because of depression..

but yea, I buy my meat at whole foods or trader joe's.. make sure it's grass fed.
 7 years ago '06        #13
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
gotta run and do cardio to get "crack head skinny" then while your doing that incorporate weight lifting into the routine. Do abs the entire time doing this as well as the rest of your body. Then being the bulking process. Gain weight and muscle by lifting and eating right. Then when your all done. Cut again to see those abs. its a pain in the a.ss...might take a while. But the only real way to do it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
58 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
193 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
146 comments
23 hours ago