Does Drake really just rap about the same thing on every song?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
5 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
77 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #41
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
"Gotta A.I. em for your survival"
 7 years ago '08        #42
FlyboyCaz 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,476 | Props total: 806 806
he do kinda say the same s**t like " i always try to give you me the real me" "money is good but im just tryna keep it real"

hes going to run out of s**t to say on the second album

Last edited by FlyboyCaz; 06-26-2010 at 07:27 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #43
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
dudes garbage
 7 years ago '06        #44
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,690 | Props total: 8648 8648
I think most rappers have their own lane of what they are going to talk about and they talk about it every song. Its just if you like to hear about certain stuff over and over then you will listen to that artist. I'm Wiz and Currensy fan and all they talk about is weed,money, and pus*y, and I enjoy that s**t. I'm Jeezy fan and all he talks about is selling drugs getting money and f**king hoes, and I enjoy that s**t. So you gotta find what type of music you like and you won't mind hearing it over and over.
 7 years ago '09        #45
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
The Shiznit getting mad love in the UK,they seem like an educated enough rap crowd to me cause that song is infected with brilliance.Its not exactly a small concert either.

[video - click to view]

Nuff said

We are going around in circles,im out this b**ch

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 06-26-2010 at 06:45 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #46
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 francnad4 said:
The majority of rappers rap about the same thing. But i atually think Drake does alot...he can go from rapping like on "Ransom" with Lil Wayne, to rapping about him not visiting his grandmother and leaving his father broke, to writing songs for Alicia Keys was it? To making songs for females, then songs about females that we can relate to, singing full songs and doing it well etc..i think Drake does alot more than most of the rappers you seem to think arn't one-dimensional...
lmao come on man, that like me saying, you cant just pick out random lines out of random tracks n say thats what the songs are about drake is verrry one dimensional n everyone sees it
 06-26-2010, 06:48 PM         #47
Beaker  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
lmao come on man, that like me saying, you cant just pick out random lines out of random tracks n say thats what the songs are about drake is verrry one dimensional n everyone sees it
exactly

like, if he had a whole song on TML about his relationship to his grandmother, that'd be one thing

but saying one line about "my grandmother is in a home and I don't call her" before finishing the rest of the verse with his same old bulls**t === not being diverse
 7 years ago '04        #48
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Beaker said:
exactly

like, if he had a whole song on TML about his relationship to his grandmother, that'd be one thing

but saying one line about "my grandmother is in a home and I don't call her" before finishing the rest of the verse with his same old bulls**t === not being diverse
yup... like for instance, pick out an eminem song like finally famous, talking about the path to the top, or no love, about, you guess itd, getting no love, or love the way you lie, a rough around the edges relationship song,.. .going through changes, a song about lifes trials and tribulations, .. youre never over, dedication to proof... i could go on all day and that just ONE ALBUM!
 7 years ago '09        #49
space
space
 finishim said:
yup... like for instance, pick out an eminem song like finally famous, talking about the path to the top, or no love, about, you guess itd, getting no love, or love the way you lie, a rough around the edges relationship song,.. .going through changes, a song about lifes trials and tribulations, .. youre never over, dedication to proof... i could go on all day and that just ONE ALBUM!
He has been accused of not having enough variety in his content aswell by certain buffoons on here,s**ts laughable when you sit back and look through his catalog.

I wouldnt mind Em has 100s of songs,can you imagine how repetitive Drakes gonna get if he seems to running out of ideas already?

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 06-26-2010 at 06:57 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #50
space
space
 francnad4 said:
Lulz..i wonder how many catalogues you have heard outside of the aftermath camp and the generic "god of rap" 2Pac...or full albums for that matter..not enough to form an opinion of anyones catalogue im sure...
You think i dont listen to other albums than S/A artists or 2pac? well i did once it was a Monday

Iv heard enough catalogues to know Eminems is varied and as far as different flows and styles he is unparalleled

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 06-26-2010 at 07:08 PM..
 06-26-2010, 07:10 PM         #51
Beaker  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
look, I HATE Eminem

I've never listened to one album of his all the way through in my life

but just from the singles, I know that:

"Cleaning Out My Closet" = about his past

"The Way I Am" = how the media portrays him

"When I'm Gone" = being away from his family, or whatever

"Stan" = self-explainatory

"Toy Soldiers" = hip hop beef, or whatever

and this is just a few, not to mention all his joke s**t

Now of course Em has 5 albums to pick from, or whatever, but he shows WAY more variety than Drake.

Every song on TML is basically one of two types: 1) a song about Drake making it or 2) a song about b**ches

if Drake was a better lyricist, he could fill 14 songs of just pure spitting -- but he aint some Slaughterhouse type cat, he isn't built for that
 7 years ago '08        #52
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,029 | Props total: 5088 5088
 Beaker said:
No, Wiz is garbage too.

I love how if you dislike someone on BX, some stupid f**k always comes along and a.ssumes you like a different garbage rapper instead
And he b**ch made too...I'm just saying....

As far as Drake yeah he rap about making it or a chic on just about every song...I guess that's all he knows about.. Give him some time to tour and he'll start rapping about Euro s**t and havin even more money. Just around that time he might do a movie and start rapping about being on the big screen and getting hollywood money...Then we'll all get tired of him for some reason and f**k up his confidence and nothing he does will be good enough...We did the same s**t to 50 so why not.
 7 years ago '07        #53
bslechta 5 heat pts
space
space
$418 | Props total: 1 1
you wanna talk about wash and rinse i think need to look more into your boy LIL WAYNE
 06-26-2010, 09:55 PM         #54
Beaker  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bslechta said:
you wanna talk about wash and rinse i think need to look more into your boy LIL WAYNE
I HATE WAYNE, DIPs**t

why would you a.ssume i like him??????
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
136 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
111 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Nov NPD: PS4 wins, COD wins, Xbox Makes Money.
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy