Does Drake really just rap about the same thing on every song?

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
194 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
115 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
106 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #21
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,700 | Props total: 6197 6197
^You can rap about the same things but you have to atleast vary your style,he litterally sounds the same on basically every song no matter what he is on about,

19k outside America proves that people outside that country can see past hype when the hype aint real

Anyone who now thinks his buzz was like 50`s in 03 needs to rethink things in a major way

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 06-26-2010 at 04:37 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #22
space
space
If you want to be the biggest rapper in the world you have to be the biggest rapper in the world(no irony)

If people here like Kanyes stuff so much why dont they like Drakes AT ALL?They are fairly similar in the type of music they make.

What the f**k do Rihanna and Beyonce have to do with hip hop?

When i look at the crap people over there listen to(eg Thank me later)i wonder how you can question the level of rappers that sell well globally

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 06-26-2010 at 05:03 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #23
JETSoverERTHING 171 heat pts171
space
space
$22,593 | Props total: 5678 5678
 ATF Fresh said:
If you're a guy that deals with women a lot, Drake's music would be the s**t to you...

I guess most of y'all just..... don't deal with women
lmao........

OR we knoww what good music is and we don't listen to a guy who f**king sings about getting girls hearts and s**t....

but you're right, with him being stuck on nikki and rhinna, that n*gga gets a s**t ton of wommen
 7 years ago '09        #24
space
space
 francnad4 said:
Thats what im saying, only Eminem followed by 50, and Jay-Z followed by Kanye have broke internationally. I doubt the rest of the world even knows who 99.9% of the dope rappers here are. They certinally won't have heard their albums. So how is their opinion even relevent of what is good or not? I doubt any of them even know who Drake is when he is so huge here..thats how far removed from it they are. Its not just with Drake..its with every other rapper who makes good music that falls of deaf ears over there besides the 4 i mentioned...
People all around the world hear rappers that are hyped up on internet message boards,mtv etc,the internet lets everyone check for any rapper that is being quoted as the next big thing like Drake was.

He has songs with big global rappers people would of heard aswell.

Everyone knew Wayne did a million in the US and lots of people would of atleast checked the cd but it was trash and nobody bought it

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 06-26-2010 at 05:11 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #25
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,778 | Props total: 4716 4716
 Beaker said:
every rapper "just raps about his life"
actually most rappers...the clipse, jeezy, rick ross, jay-z start off rapping about s**t they have never done they actually lie in most of there music
 06-26-2010, 05:09 PM         #26
mas22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
drake's best s**t was so far gone easy. i listened to his album to give it a chance and everything really does seem the same on each track.
 7 years ago '05        #27
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,778 | Props total: 4716 4716
 ShadyVsEminem said:

If people here like Kanyes stuff so much why dont they like Drakes AT ALL?They are fairly similar in the type of music they make.
good question
 7 years ago '06        #28
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
This is hating in its finest. n*ggas is watchin drake's music like that? lol That what art is. You can listen to many different artists in any genre and they basically sayin the same s**t over, but in different ways. Thats what makes an artist good in my opinion. The ability to actually make music about the same s**t but in different ways musically that sound good is talent.(not speakin for drake, but artists in general). I dunno about every single song because I don't know Drake's catalog like that even tho I'm a fan. Drake justs peakin what he know I guess.

If n*ggas paid attention to others' lyrics like they doin to this kid's lyrics, they will say the same s**t lol.
 7 years ago '09        #29
space
space
 francnad4 said:
American MTV yes..how much % of people that buy CDs do you think are found on internet message boards and blogs? I only found them 1 - 2 years ago and have been following Hip Hop my whole life..just used the radio instead, Blogs is the worst place to find honest or reasonable/intelligent opinions ive found. All your logic is flawed...you're usually spot on with Eminem logic, but when it comes to Drake its totally flawed...funny eh?
How did Kanye get big globally?

Anyone with a passing interest in present day rap would have heard of Drake and would of heard some of his music and obviously they didnt like it.

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 06-26-2010 at 05:23 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #30
space
space
Im using Kanye as an example cause he is fond of singing and autotune just as much as Drake

francnad4 said:
Kanye is probably the best Hip Hop artist ever
Even though i dont agree at all atleast now you are getting somewhere,you are essentiality saying because people think Kanye is dope is the reason they buy his albums.We think Wayne and Drake are s**t and there numbers reflect that
 06-26-2010, 05:36 PM         #31
Beaker  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 francnad4 said:
Kanye is probably the best Hip Hop artist ever.

ok, feel free to get the f**k out of my thread, your opinion is obviously worthless if you think that statement to be true
 7 years ago '07        #32
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,346 | Props total: 21261 21261
@ #3

"Even though I'm rich, that doesn't mean everything's ok, because my parents divorced when I was a little kid"
 06-26-2010, 05:38 PM         #33
Brand0n031  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's not big globally only in USA? That means he is garbage?

50 Cent is currently big everywhere, except here in the USA.
 7 years ago '12        #34
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
A lil bit.. But he def sounds the same on every song
Posted via Mobile Device
 06-26-2010, 05:40 PM         #35
tj.iscool  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ea$e said:
It's true, Drake does rap about pretty much the exact same s**t throughout the course of the album......kinda like Em raps about being better than everyone and finally being off of drugs excessively on Recovery.

Recovery is a much better album, but let's not point throw Drake in a concentration camp just yet...
how Eminem get into this thread?
 7 years ago '10        #36
t from the 617 
space
space
$3,698 | Props total: 6121 6121
 7 years ago '09        #37
space
space
Rappers have to be good to get global attention

Its the same with the musicians in the UK(not rappers just musicians in general)that do really well there but tend to fall to pieces when they try to crack America,its obviously not easy to get global appeal but plenty of artists and rappers have it sussed.

19k is pitiful you can try and counter everything i say but the bottomline is that is woeful and he did promote his album in the UK

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 06-26-2010 at 06:17 PM..
 06-26-2010, 06:15 PM         #38
Beaker  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
again, note that basically no one can even disagree with me: they are just deflecting by saying "but, but, but, all rappers do that!!!"
 7 years ago '09        #39
space
space
If Eminem sells more outside America than inside it rap is obviously popular outside America,not just the UK even in Japan and mad places they cant get enough of him.

I dont want the whole its cause he is white bulls**t because if i had 0 interest in a genre i wouldnt care what color the person being hyped up was.Id say Eminem opened more doors for other rappers because of his success around the world,some ceased the opportunity so if they could do anyone should be able to

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 06-26-2010 at 06:35 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #40
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
I agree he does talk about the same stuff on almost every song and sounds the same.

That's why I like 'Up All Night' so much...it doesn't sound like the other songs on the album and he put a little emphasis in his words. Like he was really talkin that s**t...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
164 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
214 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
308 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago