DAVID BANNER - "For Every Southern Rapper You Say Can't Rap, I Can Find The Equivalent In New York"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
143 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #141
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Supa Mario 910 said:
Man, shut the f**k up. Nobody's posted here since noon and you keep riding NY d*ck in every one of your posts. You probably front like you from NY when you go out of town and change your accent. GTFOH...
If you actually had read my other posts you would have known that I aint even from the US, let alone NY. Well instead of everyone going on about this and that, I just tried to write a response which wasnt just being a hater on the South but alot of you dudes are some fukin sensitive thugs, soon as someone says anything towards NY they automatically a d*ckrider and no one wants to read their post. GTFOH.
 7 years ago '10        #142
SenGetEm 
space
space
space
$179 | Props total: 45 45
 jslim said:
this n*gga sengetem said nas = TI? gtfoh n*gga. even TI wouldn't say that s**t.
Why not? Trap Muzik is a CLASSIC. Urban Legend, King, TI vs TIP are all hot albums. Paper Trail in my opinion is a classic as well. The only one that was suspect is I'm Serious, and even that had P**** Popper, I'm Serious, Still Aint Forgave Myself, Dope Boys In the Trap, Do It, Heavy Chevys. Not to mention TI WON his rap battle and literally ended Lil Flip's career with 1 mixtape. Not speaking for all southerners, but around my parts Nas gets no love. His delivery and flow is not entertaining and lacks enthusiasm. So what if you are saying something hot, if you don't sound like you mean it why say it. His beat selection is horrible. Aside from Hero (produced by southern producer Polow Da Don) Nas has never "rode a beat" I can name plenty of people that don't like Nas. But it is damn tough to find someone that don't like TI these days. In my opinion current Nas does not compare to current TI
besides this is only my opinion..........don't judge me
 7 years ago '06        #143
jj01 
space
space
$44,935 | Props total: 4619 4619
banner is trash, stop the crying already. both have pathetic artists, ppl down here tho just make their living off of it, ppl in ny not so much.
 7 years ago '04        #144
slapaho 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,301 | Props total: 2497 2497
mike jones tim dog

tag team who ever made chicken noodle soup

paul wall remedy

p diddy birdman

funk master flex dj khaled

trick daddy jim jones

i went with average at best rappers since yall like to hate so much. list is undeniable.

wack is global. aint too many new ones from the east really keepin it movin now or showin respect to the OGs.

Last edited by slapaho; 06-26-2010 at 10:26 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #145
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
 SenGetEm said:
I would say:
Biggie > than any rapper ever
Jay-z > Lil Wayne
Pun > than or equal to Andre 3000
Nas = TI (TI is my favorite rapper right now but for the sake of argument we will leave them equal)
Fabolous < than or equal to Ludacris
50 Cent < Rick Ross (aside from the Officer Ricky stuff Ross won that battle)
Lloyd Banks < Jeezy
Drake < BoB
Diddy < Timbaland
Diggy > Soulja Boy
Ja Rule (in his prime of course) < Nelly
Fat Joe < Big Boi
Wu Tang > No Limit
Dip Set < Cash Money
Papoose < J Electronica
Beanie Sigel < Scarface
Nicki Minaj > Diamond
Lauryn Hill > Missy Elliot
Lil Kim > Mia X
Webstarr < Dj Unk
Ron Brows < T - Pain
Joe Budden < Chamillionaire
Foxy Brown (After Jay-z stopped writing for her) < Trina
Remy Ma > Rasheeda

Sorry I ran out of "relevant" North rappers so I didn't list the group Outkast, Bun B, Pimp C (or UGK as a whole), k!ller Mike, David Banner, Pastor Troy, Slim Thug, Young Dro, etc. I am sure someone can get a few Ws by comparing Waka Flocka, OJ Da Juiceman, Gucci, Mike Jones, Franchise Boys, D4L, Triple 6 Mafia, etc to some up north rappers. I tried to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges (or at least oranges to tangerines)
u think chamillionaire better than buddens smh
 06-26-2010, 10:33 PM         #146
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This muthaf**ka cannot be f**king serious. To compare k!ller Mike to Nas is like comparing a Scion to a f**king Bentley.

Sure... the south got Scarface and Andre 3000... but NY got Nas, Jay Z, Rakim, Big Pun, Raekwon, and many other artists that will s**t on any of this southern cats. Hell... even Prodigy got a better album than any of those southern lames.

The only rapper that probably got the same level of greatness as a NY rapper is Scarface... but Andre 3000 only dropped one album and from there, he doesn't have the material yet to say that he is one of the best of all times.

And as far as the south goes... let's keep this s**t 100... the south got way too many dumb a.ss n*ggas that can't rap. Let's see... Gucci= Wack. Lil' Wayne= Average. Jeezy= Ok. T.I.= Nothing that I haven't heard before.

And as far as UGK and Bun B and Pimp C are concern... both of those n*ggas are lame.

Pimp C never really talk about s**t... but just the same bulls**t (pimpin and hustlin) and Bun B is a.ss too. And Pimp C... his fat a.ss needed to lay off the syrup cause he look retarded with that bulls**t that he used to wear.

I don't understand the big hype about UGK... because thsoe n*ggas were always and still weak to me.

As much as this southern hillbillies don't want to admitted... southern hip hop has been the reason why hip hop today f**king blows. Let's be serious... since this n*ggas took over hip hop has really turn f**king unbearable to listen to.

And that's the f**king truth.
 06-26-2010, 10:53 PM         #147
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Industry 215 said:
All this s**t was very f**king stupid
His not f**king lying... to the contrary his keepin that s**t 100% correct. I lived down south for 10 years and they rather listen to 3 6 Mafia over Prodigy because the philosophy down south is very simple... if they can dance to it or the beat is on fire... it is the greatest s**t in their ears since headphones. Now... if you asked them why they don't like Prodigy??? 90% of the response will be the same... they can't get with the beat or even the chorus.

n*ggas down south don't listen to lyrics at all... they listen to chorus and beats. They don't care about lyrics... they only listen to beats and choruses and that s**t is the f**king true!!!

Just like dude said... as long as the car rattles... the s**t is on FIRE!!!

n*gga hit that s**t right on the f**king nail!
 7 years ago '05        #148
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
u dudes..need to worry about something else. like lose your virginity. who cares whos better at "talking"

but i dont listen to new york....ha!!!!!!! south all day baby
 06-26-2010, 11:07 PM         #149
J Roadshki 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
when the south went on stage at the 04 source awards wit lil jon that was the stamp of approval and w been on since. i gotta say tho k!ller mmic and no fuccin nas... he wish. nas stand alone my n*gga every sentence he say be the deepest s**t you ever heard in ya life. fareal lmaooo
 7 years ago '05        #150
Gateway972 47 heat pts47
space
space
$2,688 | Props total: 343 343
 faceoffizhere said:
u think chamillionaire better than buddens smh
Chamillionaire is one of the coldest and most underratted rappers alive his whole catalog is great but that riding dirty was too big and now people think he is irrelevant Budden has made 1 song Pump It Up and if he has made more they sure dont play it in texas
 7 years ago '04        #151
LovinPavan 
space
space
$5,632 | Props total: 1131 1131
killer mike is not very good. nas, although an underachiever, is quite good.
 7 years ago '07        #152
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 904 904
walk up on the average rap fan in the street and ask for a top3 dead or alive list. bet that each person they name is from ny.

it's the mecca, b**ches.

Last edited by Jayceon; 06-26-2010 at 11:52 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #153
Budala 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$12,312 | Props total: 1236 1236
 J Roadshki said:
when the south went on stage at the 04 source awards wit lil jon that was the stamp of approval and w been on since. i gotta say tho k!ller mmic and no fuccin nas... he wish. nas stand alone my n*gga every sentence he say be the deepest s**t you ever heard in ya life. fareal lmaooo
English motherf**ker, do you speak it?
 7 years ago '04        #154
WaSh HeIghTs186 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$407 | Props total: 0 0
 Gateway972 said:
Chamillionaire is one of the coldest and most underratted rappers alive his whole catalog is great but that riding dirty was too big and now people think he is irrelevant Budden has made 1 song Pump It Up and if he has made more they sure dont play it in texas
ignorance is bliss.
 7 years ago '07        #155
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,037 | Props total: 1020 1020
The south has this perception of being widly succesful because they get so much radio play. In the past 5 years 50, Kanye, Em and Jay are the ones who really did the big numbers and they aren't from the south. The south had T.I., Wayne and Jeezy as they're heavy sellers. The other guys just get alot of radio play but no sales (i.e T-Pain, Plies, Wacka, D4L, Franchise Boyz). Has the rap game gotten better since the south started getting they're shine?
 7 years ago '04        #156
WaSh HeIghTs186 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$407 | Props total: 0 0
Killer Mike= NAS ? Yeah Ok..
 7 years ago '09        #157
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
 Gateway972 said:
Well I don't necessarily care for hits cuz now days hit's are usually bs but buddens and chamillionaire are both underrated but I can say cham has a ill flow but buddens has the lyrics. I listen to all types of music I ain't bias at all. Your absolutely right tho nobody in your region plays buddens at all or prob any other region either thats just how it is. Doesn't make a artist bad cuz they not being played thats all favoritism.
 7 years ago '06        #158
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,666 | Props total: 1224 1224
i don't give a fuk. i just listen to it.
and im from the bottom of the south
 7 years ago '09        #159
youngrob 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,186 | Props total: 14 14
soulja slim was a beast. street & lyrical.
 06-27-2010, 05:22 PM         #160
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 awall said:
u dudes..need to worry about something else. like lose your virginity. who cares whos better at "talking"

but i dont listen to new york....ha!!!!!!! south all day baby
Then you should take your own advice and start working on f**king some hoes. Because from your response... it sounds like no one is f**king YOU!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
2 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy