DAVID BANNER - "For Every Southern Rapper You Say Can't Rap, I Can Find The Equivalent In New York"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-26-2010, 08:31 AM         #121
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Supa Mario 910 said:
True, but isn't that because the 'South' encompasses Texas, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Louisiana, and Georgia?
THANK you.

i'm not gon say anymore than i usually say on this s**t...i have plenty respect for NY and the East Coast in general...i love the culture, i love the art and the contributions they've made to it...but as an MC myself...bein from where i'm from...if a muf**ka wanna kick that 'n*ggas in the south can't spit' business...they can hop on a joint with me and get they s**t disassembled.
 06-26-2010, 08:31 AM         #122
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Billdotel said:
n*ggaz that the south can't touch

Biggie
Jay-z
Nas
Mobb Deep
Big Pun
Wu Tang
Cam'ron
All them n*ggas been touched and surpassed and none of them are relevant anymore
 06-26-2010, 08:32 AM         #123
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Billdotel said:
n*ggaz that the south can't touch

Biggie
Jay-z
Nas
Mobb Deep
Big Pun
Wu Tang
Cam'ron
please.
 06-26-2010, 08:34 AM         #124
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 onlybuilt1906 said:
When did Scarface get the privilege of being named in the same breath of Jay-Z or Nas? He's a mediocre rapper at best and hasn't been relevant nationally since My Mind's Playing Tricks on Me. A legend? Sure. A Top five emcee? Never in a million years.

Andre 3000 is about the best thing the South has. Y'all need to be embracing Rick Ross because he's about the best thing you've got. Face it:

REAL HIP-HOP n*ggaS ARE NOT CHECKING FOR SOUTHERN ARTISTS.

Killer Mike comparable to Nas? Are you f**king serious?
Scarface can be named with whoever the f**k due to the fact that he's been making music...successfully for 20 years...has songs (not a song...songs...like..plural) with BOTH those n*ggas that you named...plus Pac...plus as much classic material as just about any muthaf**ka you can name from whatever city, state, or coast....do your history, sir.

and at the end of the day, i think most us have no desire be on some division s**t w/ the east...any sensible n*gga will acknowledge what the east brought and CONTINUES to bring musically (no, the east coast doesn't hold the same grip on mainstream rap as it once did, but regardless...there are still some dope artists, old and new, who are producing dope s**t)...but we ain't try'na have people s**t on us off some false sense of superiority that they have no legitimate claim to.

Last edited by YoungGQ; 06-26-2010 at 08:37 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #125
vazquez1085 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,831 | Props total: 252 252
 Mr. K said:
Pac was born in NY. But i guess he is right
Pimp C > Big L
Ti > Jada
Lil Wayne > Jay Z
Andre 3000 > Nas
Bun B > Drake
David Banner > Fabolous
Short Dawg > Max B
Soulja boy > Papoose
Waka Flocka > Busta Rhymes

Im Like
[pic - click to view]

Oh Yea Drake is from the north not NY

Na but why is it always ONE state (NY) Vs The WHOLE South and NY stay winning but i can say the south definitely does run the industry game. And they Beats is poppin. You don't even need lyrics.
n*gga I can reverse EVERY SINGLE > Sign you put on your list
 7 years ago '04        #126
space
space
 Industry 215 said:
All them n*ggas been touched and surpassed and none of them are relevant anymore
Scarface still relevent? Get the fk outta here
 7 years ago '04        #127
space
space
 trill jackson said:
why are southern rappers so sensitive and defensive? i don't even hear new york rappers dissing the south. the bottom line is this, dope rappers are dope and lame rappers are lame. southern mcs shouldn't waste their time defending cats like wacka flocka and d4l they suck a.ss and where they come from has nothing to do with it. the south got legit spitters no doubt, but they got more piece of s**t **** rappers dominating the airwaves than any region ever. that's a fact they can't blame the east for that
agreed
 06-26-2010, 08:56 AM         #128
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 vazquez1085 said:
Scarface still relevent? Get the fk outta here
Yes...
 06-26-2010, 08:57 AM         #129
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
REAL HIP-HOP n*ggaS ARE NOT CHECKING FOR SOUTHERN ARTISTS.
Nu such thing as "Real Hip-Hop". Just something NY n*ggas made up because they were salty about being surpassed
 7 years ago '04        #130
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,378 | Props total: 463 463
meh......

the whole southern dominance of hip hop...IS OVER

of course since these down south n*ggas are late with everything, they are late with realizing that as well

also i always fin it funny how a whole region of the country tries its hardest to go at ONE CITY

if that ain't power, i don't know what is
 7 years ago '04        #131
QbanLinxx 
space
space
$1,038 | Props total: 45 45
 The N said:
get out of here, name somebody from the south that can f**k with 2PAC/BIGGIE during the 90s....

btw I am waiting for the south's camel, who is it?...

u have a couple, u could say Outkast, Scarface take your pic
 06-26-2010, 09:04 AM         #132
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mt fuji said:
meh......

of course since these down south n*ggas are late with everything, they are late with realizing that as well

also i always fin it funny how a whole region of the country tries its hardest to go at ONE CITY

South still runs s**t. Nobody is ganging up on one city or Coast. n*ggas from the South just calling NY out for being hypocrites and insecure. They claim they don;t care about sells and then b**ch about the guys selling, it's hilarious too watch NY n*ggas meltdown everytime somebody like Flaka or Gucci get more press and money than them.
 06-26-2010, 09:29 AM         #133
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mt fuji said:
meh......

be serious, g....what city has ALWAYS been acknowledged as the home/Mecca/etc of hip hop? ...yeah..exactly.
 7 years ago '05        #134
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,702 | Props total: 130 130
Its funny how southern rappers get mad and want to call out NY LOL. Thats how great and important NY is to this rap s**t. WHy not call out the east coast as a whole??? Salty a.ss Banner lol
 7 years ago '04        #135
Mr.Man 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,530 | Props total: 371 371
I normally would agree with certain things that david banner say's but, I can't on this one. Let's a.ssume that he's just talking about lyrically (he has to be to compare k!ller Mike to Nas). LYRICALLY who is the down south Cassidy, Cory Gunz, Joe Budden, Serius Jones, Jadakiss, Joell Ortiz, Fabolous. I didn't name any big names because lyrically 98% of southern rappers in a room with these dudes would get k!lled. Let's all be honest if a rapper popped up from lets say Arkansas with Joell skillz he would be looked at as the next coming.
 7 years ago '07        #136
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,053 | Props total: 30339 30339
Truth is though....

New York rappers can't blow-up by being wack. They might be good, then fall off... but still sell cuz they have a fanbase but... they can't just come out the gate wack.

Southern rappers on the other hand.... being wack is like a badge of honor. The public out there EXPECTS you to be wack. As long as the trunk rattle, they don't give a f**k. I mean, you got Gucci that had the nerve to make a song that was inaudible... he was just mumbling on a track. You had dudes who were just whispering... LITERALLY whispering, wtf??!

You can write a book of southern rappers who blew-up by being wack right off the bat. Not so with any other region anywhere else.
 7 years ago '06        #137
Dapper Don 
space
space
space
$861 | Props total: 0 0
@ this bickering.
 7 years ago '06        #138
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,572 | Props total: 4482 4482
How can people compare how many Wack rappers there is in ONE CITY to an entire region?
 7 years ago '05        #139
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
The point David Banner blatantly ignores is the fact that NY n*ggas don't ride for whack artists, Wacka Flocka etc. type artists would get roasted in NY. Banner needs to understand that the NY ain't mad at s**t, but the South continues to defend whack artists because they from the South. NY more than any other place, if you dope, you dope, but the South's continuing defending of sub par artists is what makes people angry. Instead of trying to step up musically, they happy to get the shine even if the music is average, as long as the spotlight is on them than it alright. If the South was consistently producing artists in the mould of 3000 and Scarface, than no one would be mad, cause you bringing forward dopeness, but the South just wants attention, no matter the quality, the gonna defend any of their artists.
 06-26-2010, 09:41 PM         #140
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
Truth is though....

New York rappers can't blow-up by being wack. They might be good, then fall off... but still sell cuz they have a fanbase but... they can't just come out the gate wack.

Southern rappers on the other hand.... being wack is like a badge of honor. The public out there EXPECTS you to be wack. As long as the trunk rattle, they don't give a f**k. I mean, you got Gucci that had the nerve to make a song that was inaudible... he was just mumbling on a track. You had dudes who were just whispering... LITERALLY whispering, wtf??!

You can write a book of southern rappers who blew-up by being wack right off the bat. Not so with any other region anywhere else.
All this s**t was very f**king stupid
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
152 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc