DAVID BANNER - "For Every Southern Rapper You Say Can't Rap, I Can Find The Equivalent In New York"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
10 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-26-2010, 02:04 AM         #101
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trill jackson said:
it's no mystery the east coast respects lyrical mcs it's been that way forever. it k!lls me how wack clowns complain about getting hated on in the east because of where they're from. if a motherf**ker could spit his a.ss off the east coast will be the first ones to give him props no matter where he's from
And Southern n*ggas couldn't care less what a NY n*ggas feel about their music, it is always NY n*ggas always salty and sounding insecure about their "art".
 7 years ago '07        #102
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 913 913
 trill jackson said:
it's no mystery the east coast respects lyrical mcs it's been that way forever. it k!lls me how wack clowns complain about getting hated on in the east because of where they're from. if a motherf**ker could spit his a.ss off the east coast will be the first ones to give him props no matter where he's from
truth.. I remember bein at GBT in Nebraska (think juvenile hall), meeting mad cats from the south. we'd debate forever about rap and these n*ggas were really saying they'd rather hear that dem franchize boyz s**t before some nas s**t. s**t was just hotter to them. now, I could always get down with that s**t. I love to party and that's what I saw it as, some mindless s**t to throw on in the background while u choppin it up with whoever at the spot. but to say one of those "boyz" was spittin iller than Nas?? u gotta be f**kin kiddin me. meanwhile, I still bump wayne, TI, Face, outkast, etc. because I respect the ill s**t regardless.

again, banner just soundin tight, foolin himself because some southern artists are getting their deserved shine while others are just some wack a.ss n*ggas.
 06-26-2010, 02:12 AM         #103
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
hip hop is universally accepted..so of course new york hip hop is universally accepted....the same way nas is universally accepted....only delusional n*ggas think otherwise...even your wacka flockas,and gucci mane attest to this....arguing it is just trying to make a point that's not even valid just to argue with n*ggas...
Again, I was pointing out the n*gga was wrong and there is no way he can say that Nas is any more influential than Wayne. Neither who I care for. Wayne is probably more relevant in NY today than Nas is.

all this bickering back,and forth over some fictional a.ss respect for an entire region is gay...n*ggas like what they like...anybody that bases what they like based upon what region it's coming from should k!ll themselves..
Again, this isn't the point. The n*gga acted like I couldn't like a plethora of n*ggas from the South more than I like NY rappers. Then he made it about a region and try to push it off as a fact, it wasn't a fact, and to be honest it was a rather stupid a.ssumption.

I'm not bickering, I don't care what or who a n*gga likes, but n*ggas be trying to put NY on some pedestal and act like n*ggas everywhere feel or should feel the same way, I disagree and will continue to disagree long as they post that bulls**t. It should be about "Good music is good music" but this thread [and threads like this] is built to instigate flame wars. The very title of the thread already puts NY/East coast n*ggas on the defense, so they come in and are already armed to come in and bash the South. That is the threadstarter's fault, I admit, but still a thread with a name like this will only be followed by an "Us vs Them" type mentality. It is up to the mods to k!ll these type of threads at a pimple before they turn in to a full blown puss filled boil.

Last edited by Industry 215; 06-26-2010 at 02:15 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #104
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
Q-Tip - The Renaissance was one of the most original albusm to drop in the last few years and in no way, shape or from did he copy some south style, especaally the South stlye at the time, which is disgusting. The best artists from teh South are true originals, OutKast being example, thats what people are tryna say, that the South started releasing one type of music once that snap s**t started and never tried to be original.
 06-26-2010, 02:21 AM         #105
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
New York/East Coast and West Coast n*ggas was guilty of doing at times they wee on top also. That mafioso phase everybody tried to do in the 90's after Big introduced. The P0Funk phase from all those West Coast artist in the early 90's. The South are nothing a like and nobody has been "snapping" in at least 4 years. Wayne, TI, Gucci, Jeezy, Face, Pills, Plies, and Luda sound nothing a like.
 7 years ago '07        #106
sittinpretti 79 heat pts79
space
space
$3,208 | Props total: 2684 2684
If they played some real southern music on the radio instead of the lameness people would see that there are some good mc's in the south
 06-26-2010, 02:45 AM         #107
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Industry 215 said:
New York/East Coast and West Coast n*ggas was guilty of doing at times they wee on top also. That mafioso phase everybody tried to do in the 90's after Big introduced. The P0Funk phase from all those West Coast artist in the early 90's. The South are nothing a like and nobody has been "snapping" in at least 4 years. Wayne, TI, Gucci, Jeezy, Face, Pills, Plies, and Luda sound nothing a like.

what are you talking about?....big was nothing like method man,method man was nothing like nas,nas was nothing like dmx,dmx was nothing like big pun,so on,and so forth..

stop spreading perception kid..
 7 years ago '10        #108
trill jackson 739 heat pts739
space
space
$18,879 | Props total: 13337 13337
 Industry 215 said:
And Southern n*ggas couldn't care less what a NY n*ggas feel about their music, it is always NY n*ggas always salty and sounding insecure about their "art".
if southern n*ggas don't care as you say, can you please explain to me wtf it is david banner and jay elec are crying about?
 06-26-2010, 02:54 AM         #109
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
what are you talking about?....big was nothing like method man,method man was nothing like nas,nas was nothing like dmx,dmx was nothing like big pun,so on,and so forth..
I'm not really including DMX. However WU-Tang was on that mafioso s**t just like Nas and Big was. So was Jay. It isn't really a big deal for everybody to get in on the what is popping on the same thing when you're from the same surroundings. But to act like the South is more guilty of this than The East Coast. Sure there was act doing different things, but the norm in NY was the mafioso s**t in the early-mid 90's. Everybody was Italian.

stop spreading perception kid..
Not spreading anythin, Junior
 06-26-2010, 02:57 AM         #110
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trill jackson said:
if southern n*ggas don't care as you say, can you please explain to me wtf it is david banner and jay elec are crying about?
I don't see what really is offensive about what Banner said, sound like a fair statement.

That s**t Jay Elect said, was just a n*gga trying to be controversial, although what that Boring a.ss n*gga said was also true
 7 years ago '10        #111
space
space
 Industry 215 said:
I don't see what really is offensive about what Banner said, sound like a fair statement.

That s**t Jay Elect said, was just a n*gga trying to be controversial, although what that Boring a.ss n*gga said was also true
but my point is it also sounds like they deeply care about what new york thinks about them. aint no new york rappers even ridin on them and they're still defensive
 06-26-2010, 03:13 AM         #112
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man, NY n*ggas takes shot just the same since The South took over
 7 years ago '10        #113
space
space
criticism comes with the game, the south looks crazy as hell crying about wack as f**k n*ggas like wacka flocka gucci mane and shawty lo not being respected for talent. that's like a pork chop asking how come muslims don't like me? it's cause you're foul
 7 years ago '10        #114
space
space
i got an idea, instead of separating artists by region, how about putting all dope mcs in one category and all wack rappers in another? let's try that
 7 years ago '10        #115
onlybuilt1906 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,530 | Props total: 1123 1123
When did Scarface get the privilege of being named in the same breath of Jay-Z or Nas? He's a mediocre rapper at best and hasn't been relevant nationally since My Mind's Playing Tricks on Me. A legend? Sure. A Top five emcee? Never in a million years.

Andre 3000 is about the best thing the South has. Y'all need to be embracing Rick Ross because he's about the best thing you've got. Face it:

REAL HIP-HOP n*ggaS ARE NOT CHECKING FOR SOUTHERN ARTISTS.

Killer Mike comparable to Nas? Are you f**king serious?
 7 years ago '07        #116
Dotel 30 heat pts30
space
space
$5,893 | Props total: 1321 1321
n*ggaz that the south can't touch

Biggie
Jay-z
Nas
Mobb Deep
Big Pun
Wu Tang
Cam'ron
 7 years ago '09        #117
EnricoChiesa 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 762 762
 Supa Mario 910 said:
East Coast can't claim Pac because he got his game from the West and Biggie's a legend, but definitely overrated. Jay-Z's a legend but you're kidding yourself if you don;t think there are better rappers out there than him. He's just well-known for other reasons that we all know.
so jay z is better known because of some half baked bulls**t theory than bein a legend in the game?........ite den
 7 years ago '04        #118
youngmic 407 heat pts407
space
space
$28,413 | Props total: 29624 29624
lol @ cats gettin touchy over wat david banner said. lol bx cats too sensitive...and lol @ budala using funny pics to get out of replies....smoooooth....lol comedy in here..made my morning.
 7 years ago '06        #119
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,690 | Props total: 8649 8649
Nas compared to k!ller Mike is a bad comparison but I agree with Banner. NYC nigggas wouldn't agree to this because they think rap is about proper wordplay but if you go down south and realize they talk different then you will see why everybody can't sound the same.
 7 years ago '07        #120
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
 The N said:
get out of here, name somebody from the south that can f**k with 2PAC/BIGGIE during the 90s....

btw I am waiting for the south's camel, who is it?...
Scarface
Posted via Mobile Device
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago