DAVID BANNER - "For Every Southern Rapper You Say Can't Rap, I Can Find The Equivalent In New York"

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
94 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
17 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-26-2010, 01:08 AM         #81
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas has never been bigger in the South than the Cash Money era, the era that spawned Lil Wayne. I'm guessing Cash Money has never been as big as Nas in the East. So how is it not subjective? n*ggas ijn the South by majority from all the places I've been liked IWW better than Illmatic, some think Illmatic is garbage. You don't really hear that from TI, Face, Trick, BG, Hot Boys, Ball and G, UGK, Outkast, or Wayne albums.

How is it not subjective?
 06-26-2010, 01:12 AM         #82
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gateway972 said:
What dosent make Wayne a legend in the game, he been in it for 10+ years and is still relevant you that has to mean something

Oh and Z-Ro > Nas on Z-Ro worst day he better then Nas on his best

wayne will be one day, but not now......I dont care how long it's been....how old is jay and nas's first albums? how old is wayne's? and T.I.s?
 7 years ago '05        #83
Gateway972 47 heat pts47
space
space
$2,688 | Props total: 343 343
 Tommy_Bunz said:

wayne will be one day, but not now......I dont care how long it's been....how old is jay and nas's first albums? how old is wayne's? and T.I.s?
Well all I know is how many rappers today are relevant for 13 years and when i say relevant i mean currently making music ( I know wayne is in jail) 13 year longevity when rap is about 40 years old is saying something
 06-26-2010, 01:22 AM         #84
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Industry 215 said:
Nas has never been bigger in the South than the Cash Money era, the era that spawned Lil Wayne. I'm guessing Cash Money has never been as big as Nas in the East. So how is it not subjective? n*ggas ijn the South by majority from all the places I've been liked IWW better than Illmatic, some think Illmatic is garbage. You don't really hear that from TI, Face, Trick, BG, Hot Boys, Ball and G, UGK, Outkast, or Wayne albums.

06-26-2010, 01:22 AM         #85
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[quote=sheedawg;16287718]

get the f**k outta here.
I'm not completely disagreein with David Banner, but he's acting like he's proud of what the South's image is.
Why shouldn't he be?

The South is known for whack as radio bulls**t in this modern era, when they birthed the most original group in hip hop history OutKast.
This is subjective.
The thing that needs to be distinguished between the regions thinking is that in NY, if you whack, you are called the f**k out,
n*ggas was saying Ghostface and Mase was dope in Ny, not to mention Cease. Those n*ggas don't get play in the South, unless they team up with a Southern n*gga.
whereas the South will d*ckride any successful n*gga from their region even if they whack.
NY n*ggas d*ck ride the same Southern n*ggas, and have been for at least the last 10 years.
NY has a high standard where dudes are competitive to up their skill levels, that the NY mentality
This is a lie, a lot of your top rappers came to the outh to get their buzz back or to keep it. Never happens with Southern n*ggas running up North to get successful.

Generally NY r*peprs are just more students of the the culture and the game, whereas most popular South artists out today are just taking the game for a ride.
This is some lame a.ss cop-out of a n*gga trying to hard and taking too seriously, n*ggas who make words rhyme over a beat. It's subjective who is better, the only facts are in the sells and who is in demand the most. Nas, WU-Tang, Mob Deep, Rakim, etc aren't in high demand. Their music is out of touch and only relevant in NY. Outkast is more anticipated than anything coming out of New York. New York lost touch and nobody outside of their terriotory caes about them, and seeing as their sells are still low, not even NY cares about NY Rappers. Again, a Nas album sold 11,000 copies. TI snitching a.ss would sell that a Autograph signing. New York n*ggas are out of touch and too busy being bitter about how things USED to be. Which is why they are forced to accept n*ggas like Jay Elect as their new voice...A Southern n*gga who was too boring to make a name in the South.

And how is this even an argument though, yes the South most definitely has dope as rappers, and OutKast and Face are legends, but think of it in this way, NY has borough's that basically shaped the landscape of hip hop.
Nobody cares. It is called Evolution, just because NY created it doesn't mean they're going to be the best at it. They have to evolve like everybody else, but they just can't seem to do it and hate any of their own that is successful at doing it. Examples being Jay and 50. Than they hate the South, yet they try to emulate the South more than anybody, even them country n*ggas out West.

It's sad really.

Brooklyn alone s**ts on most of the game, Queens also.
The only n*gga out of Brooklyn that matters is Jay. The only n*gga that matters out of Queens is 50 and his career was basically derailed by a blatant self hating homo like Kanye.

Sad, really
 7 years ago '05        #86
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
Wayne only been relevant in the overall scheme of hip hop wen Lollipop dropped so no point in even discussing his place in hip hop history atm.
 7 years ago '07        #87
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 914 914
 Industry 215 said:

come on man. what do the artists you named say about illmatic? I understand everybody is entitled to an opinion, but at some point you gotta ask a painter about the paintings. and i'll bet that Scarface himself, the real king of the south, would say illmatic is classic material.
 06-26-2010, 01:32 AM         #88
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*yawn*...this topic is played out,and boring...just make music,and shut the f**k up..
 06-26-2010, 01:35 AM         #89
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sure Face would say it. As would I. However to most n*ggas in the South from the places I've been from Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Kentucky,Tennesse, and dirty a.ss Alabama. Most n*ggas were never big on Illmatic, they were always more liable to listen to IWW and even then it wouldn't be the whole album. Same thing in DC/Maryland. Only NY n*ggas whole that album too such high regards
 06-26-2010, 01:38 AM         #90
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Industry 215 said:
Sure Face would say it. As would I. However to most n*ggas in the South from the places I've been from Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Kentucky,Tennesse, and dirty a.ss Alabama. Most n*ggas were never big on Illmatic, they were always more liable to listen to IWW and even then it wouldn't be the whole album. Same thing in DC/Maryland. Only NY n*ggas whole that album too such high regards

this is your expierence..i know a ton of n*ggas down south that love illmatic...then again i know a ton of n*ggas that love illmatic all over....there are a lot of people who just dug f**king hip hop music,and didn't think about s**t being region based...the same way i know a ton of n*ggas that loved ll cool j's BAD...and a host of other east coast albums...but who gives a s**t..

why you people try to push across your own expierences as bond is beyond me...like what you like,and stop trying to speak for entire regions....speak for your got damn self..
 7 years ago '05        #91
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
n*ggas was saying Ghostface and Mase was dope in Ny, not to mention Cease.

Are you saying Ghostface isnt dope? Dude is a GOAT, his catalogue s**ts on most of the South with the exception of Face and OutKast.

It's subjective who is better, the only facts are in the sells and who is in demand the most.
Your an idiot, your the same type of fan who when people mention Jay's sales will say "that sales have nothing to do with anything". Jay is easily still the most releveant rapper currently, thats not being subjective, thats the truth, cover of rolling stone says "King Of America", if thats no relevence i dont know what is.

Outkast is more anticipated than anything coming out of New York.
That cause they havent dropped in a while, same happened with Em and Relapse, and Jay with Kingdom Come, not to mention Dre with Detox, context has a lot to do with it.

New York lost touch and nobody outside of their terriotory caes about them, and seeing as their sells are still low, not even NY cares about NY Rappers. Again, a Nas album sold 11,000 copies. TI snitching a.ss would sell that a Autograph signing. New York n*ggas are out of touch and too busy being bitter about how things USED to be. Which is why they are forced to accept n*ggas like Jay Elect as their new voice...A Southern n*gga who was too boring to make a name in the South.

Nas album sold 11,000 copies, yet that album is still considered top 3 this year. South aint doing top nothing except sales, quality vs quantity, you obviously believe that the mroe it sells the better, hence your retarded mentality.

Nobody cares. It is called Evolution, just because NY created it doesn't mean they're going to be the best at it.
It's sad really.

The only n*gga out of Brooklyn that matters is Jay. The only n*gga that matters out of Queens is 50 and his career was basically derailed by a blatant self hating homo like Kanye.

Talib Kweli? Mos Def? You are just ignorant, the South has nowhere near a legacy to match NY. Q-Tip > Wayne, originality, lyrics, production, catalogue, and im not even mentioning the GOAT from Queens, Nas.

Thing is you South people act liek NY is only relevant in NY, GTFOH, if anything that applies to the South, the South is more focused on their image rather than their music and quality. Wayne thinks he's groundbreaking with a "rock" album, when Jay is selling out Glastonbury.

NY > The World when it comes to hip hop, im not being bias, im just stating the facts, and before you call me an NY d*ckrider, im not even from the US, let alone NY.
 7 years ago '04        #92
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,392 | Props total: 11763 11763
 Tommy_Bunz said:
the NYC's Wacka FLocka/OJ Juice Man

7 years ago '10        #93
trill jackson 740 heat pts740
space
space
$18,909 | Props total: 13535 13535
why are southern rappers so sensitive and defensive? i don't even hear new york rappers dissing the south. the bottom line is this, dope rappers are dope and lame rappers are lame. southern mcs shouldn't waste their time defending cats like wacka flocka and d4l they suck a.ss and where they come from has nothing to do with it. the south got legit spitters no doubt, but they got more piece of s**t **** rappers dominating the airwaves than any region ever. that's a fact they can't blame the east for that

Last edited by trill jackson; 06-26-2010 at 01:50 AM..
 06-26-2010, 01:47 AM         #94
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
this is your expierence..i know a ton of n*ggas down south that love illmatic...then again i know a ton of n*ggas that love illmatic all over....there are a lot of people who just dug f**king hip hop music,and didn't think about s**t being region based...the same way i know a ton of n*ggas that loved ll cool j's BAD...and a host of other east coast albums...but who gives a s**t..

why you people try to push across your own expierences as bond is beyond me...like what you like,and stop trying to speak for entire regions....speak for your got damn self..
Dude implied that New York was universally accepted and tried to use Nas as an example, from my travels I find that to be untrue. So I disagreed
 7 years ago '08        #95
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,734 | Props total: 11628 11628
 SenGetEm said:
Nas = TI (TI is my favorite rapper right now but for the sake of argument we will leave them equal)
 7 years ago '07        #96
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 914 914
^ yeah. homie who said that is trippin.

[pic - click to view]

he ain't from college park btw
 06-26-2010, 01:52 AM         #97
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Industry 215 said:
Dude implied that New York was universally accepted and tried to use Nas as an example, from my travels I find that to be untrue. So I disagreed

hip hop is universally accepted..so of course new york hip hop is universally accepted....the same way nas is universally accepted....only delusional n*ggas think otherwise...even your wacka flockas,and gucci mane attest to this....arguing it is just trying to make a point that's not even valid just to argue with n*ggas...

all this bickering back,and forth over some fictional a.ss respect for an entire region is gay...n*ggas like what they like...anybody that bases what they like based upon what region it's coming from should k!ll themselves..
 7 years ago '05        #98
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 HotepSuns said:

:agreement6:

as usual your on point. Dope music is dope music, fuk a region. But these South dudes speak on behalf of their regions like they the mayor or some s**t. Alot of kats are just fans of certain rappers image, ratehr than the music, that s**t is so evident on BX. I couldnt care less waht 3000 wears, his verses >>>. Too many people make excuses for one artist but wont maek that excuse for someone they dont like, too much opinion turning into facts on this site.
 7 years ago '10        #99
trill jackson 740 heat pts740
space
space
$18,909 | Props total: 13535 13535
it's no mystery the east coast respects lyrical mcs it's been that way forever. it k!lls me how wack clowns complain about getting hated on in the east because of where they're from. if a motherf**ker could spit his a.ss off the east coast will be the first ones to give him props no matter where he's from
 06-26-2010, 02:02 AM         #100
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[quote=sheedawg;16287885]

Are you saying Ghostface isnt dope? Dude is a GOAT, his catalogue s**ts on most of the South with the exception of Face and OutKast.
Yes. To me he is f**king horrible.

Your an idiot, your the same type of fan who when people mention Jay's sales will say "that sales have nothing to do with anything". Jay is easily still the most releveant rapper currently, thats not being subjective, thats the truth, cover of rolling stone says "King Of America", if thats no relevence i dont know what is.
Your mother is an idiot. Now do we really want to start the name calling or keep it cordial? I never said Jay-Z isn't the most relevant rapper currently, he is ONE of them and he is the GOAT imo. However no other n*gga in NY is that influential, the last one who was is BIG, and all the others are either played out or washed out, they don't really matter, they're stuck in 1994.

That cause they havent dropped in a while, same happened with Em and Relapse, and Jay with Kingdom Come, not to mention Dre with Detox, context has a lot to do with it.
EM would've sold regardless. Detox goes withouut saying. However any Outkast album up against any WU-Tang album, and Outkast would be the more in demand. They make better music and appeal to a bigger audience. IMO

New York lost touch and nobody outside of their terriotory caes about them, and seeing as their sells are still low, not even NY cares about NY Rappers. Again, a Nas album sold 11,000 copies. TI snitching a.ss would sell that a Autograph signing. New York n*ggas are out of touch and too busy being bitter about how things USED to be. Which is why they are forced to accept n*ggas like Jay Elect as their new voice...A Southern n*gga who was too boring to make a name in the South.

Nas album sold 11,000 copies, yet that album is still considered top 3 this year. South aint doing top nothing except sales, quality vs quantity, you obviously believe that the mroe it sells the better, hence your retarded mentality.
To who? Ney York n*ggas? IUt is a local Gem far as NY is concerned, however nobody outside of NY gives a f**k about Distant Relatives. Good album, but much like BISD [A better album], nobody gave a f**k about it but a small minority.

Talib Kweli? Mos Def? You are just ignorant, the South has nowhere near a legacy to match NY. Q-Tip > Wayne, originality, lyrics, production, catalogue, and im not even mentioning the GOAT from Queens, Nas.
They only matter in NY, which nis my point. Nas doesn't matter outside of NY either. Willing to bet Wayne in NY gets a bigger buz than them 3 n*ggas combined and could sell out The Garden quicker.

Thing is you South people act liek NY is only relevant in NY, GTFOH, if anything that applies to the South, the South is more focused on their image rather than their music and quality. Wayne thinks he's groundbreaking with a "rock" album, when Jay is selling out Glastonbury.
Outside of Jay-Z, they are only relevant in NY. The only n*gga worth something in NY is Jay, and most of the rappers and a few of the hating fans don;t even like him. Nas couldn't sell out Glastonbury or even get a rock album cleared by his label, if he wanted to do one.

NY > The World when it comes to hip hop, im not being bias, im just stating the facts, and before you call me an NY d*ckrider, im not even from the US, let alone NY.
I don't think you know what "fact" means, because it surely isn;'t true in the way you used it. "NY>World" isn't a fact, unless you're riding oin Jay's coat talis far as them other rappes go, they're either bitter or hoping they can get in on a Southern n*gga buzz. NY isn't relevant today, compared to the South and even NY rappers know it. It make sthem mad and bitter, but they know it. Not saying it's fair, just stating real "facts". Look at any hip-hop album that has been any kind of success, it has been heavily influenceed by Southern music or is a Southern album, excluding Jay and EM. Nobody cars about the "prophecies" or "the stars lining up with the moon" or "The secrets of Shaolin" or "Who has the hardest boro" or "mafioso" bulls**t anymore. Step the game up.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
115 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy