DAVID BANNER - "For Every Southern Rapper You Say Can't Rap, I Can Find The Equivalent In New York"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
165 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-25-2010, 11:35 PM         #61
THA MIND 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Supa Mario 910 said:
David banner is correct, but he's about 2-3 years too late. NY has already given up on being the major force in Hip-Hop nowadays.
They didnt give up they just ran out of artist putting out good music, plus while cats up North were trying to get deals cats in the south were trying to build a company!:dancingcool:
 06-25-2010, 11:40 PM         #62
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
south cats always name the same f**kin 6 artist from the south that were/are dope. it stops after that group. NY got cats for days. it's just the truth and I ain't even from NY.
 06-25-2010, 11:47 PM         #63
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No, NY n*ggas can only name 6 f**king artist from the South that THEY like
 06-25-2010, 11:57 PM         #64
Quasi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NYC people stay having they head up they a.sses.
 06-25-2010, 11:59 PM         #65
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Industry 215 said:
No, NY n*ggas can only name 6 f**king artist from the South that THEY like
no it's like 6 maybe a few more great southern rappers, you can easily name 6 great NY artist. to say the south can match NY great for great is false
 7 years ago '07        #66
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 905 905
 Industry 215 said:
However the majority in the South don't give a f**k about Nas. He isn't a strong draw in the South, whereas Weezy, Jeezy, Luda, and TI all have a strong presence in NY.

Sure some n*ggas throw him a stack for a feature, because they respect him and whatever, but he doesn't mean s**t these days

nas just doesn't make the most commercially viable music. but let him drop another "I can" type track that teenyboppers can hear on their local pop station. he'll sell some singles. and remember, it ain't just about the bigger draw. there are artists with immense skills and talent, which is what banner was talking about, who have never gotten their shine. shiiit, n*gga. even van gogh couldn't sell a single painting till he was already rotting in the ground.

I'm saying, regardless of sales (yes, TI, Jeezy, Luda, and Wayne all have hits), the pickings are slim down south right now. there are no veterans f**kin with Jay-Z's legacy. where is the south's mos def? where is the south's equivalent to Pac? where is the "Hip Hop Is Dead"/"zzzzzz" Album dropping rapper?
 06-26-2010, 12:03 AM         #67
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm born & raised in the south mayne and without a doubt david banner must be high to say some bulls**t like that. k!ller mike couldnt f**k wit no goddamn nas on his best day, not now and not ever.. and i'm a big k!ller mike fan bruh. look f**k reppin my region because i aint finna lie, but we gonna git to that in a minute..

the problem i have with this is that david banner bringin up some unnecessary divisive bulls**t pimpin. just like jay elec, why the f**k is he crying about the south not gittin respect when we on top? aint that s**t enough? naw because n*ggas are b**ches cryin about s**t that done happened in the past. NY gives the south hella respect, plays our records, records with our artists and it still aint enough. thats some hoe s**t

now far as his opinion goes he's trippin. the best lyricists all time come outta NY, NJ and Philly and that aint even debatable. the best lyricists in 2010 come from the mid west shawty and that s**t aint debatable neither. the south aint never had the best lyricists because truthfully that aint even our lane. we always cryin bout gitting respect as lyricists but n*ggas like little brother, j cole and jay elec gotta leave the damn south to git the same love we show clowns like gucci and waka flocka.

of course i git mad when n*ggas call us dumb, slow and act like we aint got n*ggas who furreal with they bars because we do. but cmooooooooon maaaayyyyyne as nice as up north?? mid west? the west coast? thats a damn lie
 06-26-2010, 12:04 AM         #68
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It isn't about commercial music. That is a cop-out, Nas is just out of touch. And even then that isn't the topic, dude implied Nas was relevant everywhere, he simply isn't. There are no veterans f**king with Jay's legacy, nowhere, not even in NY. However there is nobody in NY these f**king with Wayne, TI, Luda, or Jeezy's legacy. Not to mention Kanye and EM. NY rappers are simply not influential anymore, which is why you have a lot of NY n*ggas riding the South d*ck, never seen Southern n*ggas selling out the South to get love in NY, it was always the other way around. Look at this hack Jay Elect, NY n*ggas love him, because he does that boring s**t way better than any n*gga in NY does, and most people in The South where he is from, don't even know him
 06-26-2010, 12:09 AM         #69
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 antdog said:
no it's like 6 maybe a few more great southern rappers, you can easily name 6 great NY artist. to say the south can match NY great for great is false
That is subjective, there is plenty more South n*ggas I rather listen to than any NY rapper but Jay-z and Big.
 7 years ago '10        #70
SenGetEm 
space
space
space
$179 | Props total: 45 45
I would say:
Biggie > than any rapper ever
Jay-z > Lil Wayne
Pun > than or equal to Andre 3000
Nas = TI (TI is my favorite rapper right now but for the sake of argument we will leave them equal)
Fabolous < than or equal to Ludacris
50 Cent < Rick Ross (aside from the Officer Ricky stuff Ross won that battle)
Lloyd Banks < Jeezy
Drake < BoB
Diddy < Timbaland
Diggy > Soulja Boy
Ja Rule (in his prime of course) < Nelly
Fat Joe < Big Boi
Wu Tang > No Limit
Dip Set < Cash Money
Papoose < J Electronica
Beanie Sigel < Scarface
Nicki Minaj > Diamond
Lauryn Hill > Missy Elliot
Lil Kim > Mia X
Webstarr < Dj Unk
Ron Brows < T - Pain
Joe Budden < Chamillionaire
Foxy Brown (After Jay-z stopped writing for her) < Trina
Remy Ma > Rasheeda

Sorry I ran out of "relevant" North rappers so I didn't list the group Outkast, Bun B, Pimp C (or UGK as a whole), k!ller Mike, David Banner, Pastor Troy, Slim Thug, Young Dro, etc. I am sure someone can get a few Ws by comparing Waka Flocka, OJ Da Juiceman, Gucci, Mike Jones, Franchise Boys, D4L, Triple 6 Mafia, etc to some up north rappers. I tried to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges (or at least oranges to tangerines)
 06-26-2010, 12:33 AM         #71
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how are you going to compare legends jay-z/nas against non legends wayne/t.i.? how's that fair at all?
 06-26-2010, 12:35 AM         #72
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas being a Legend is arguable, just like it is with Wayne and TI
 7 years ago '07        #73
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 905 905
this n*gga sengetem said nas = TI? gtfoh n*gga. even TI wouldn't say that s**t.
 06-26-2010, 12:45 AM         #74
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Industry 215 said:
That is subjective, there is plenty more South n*ggas I rather listen to than any NY rapper but Jay-z and Big.
I'm not talking about wanting to listen to, I'm talking about legacy wise and straight up talent as rappers. that group of south cats is the only ones who can really go toe to toe with the top NY cats as far as spittin go. Once you name those few the talent level drops off big time
 06-26-2010, 12:51 AM         #75
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No it doesn't, again that is subjective
 7 years ago '06        #76
Badnewz100 
space
space
$4,587 | Props total: 3668 3668
David Banner speaks the truth but he wack too.
 7 years ago '10        #77
Marcus Aurelius 49 heat pts49
space
space
$7,900 | Props total: 3973 3973
I agree with what Banner is saying for the most part but comparing k!ller Mike to Nas is absolutely stupid. And I'm from the South. Nas been in the game heavy for the better part of two decades and has an extremely strong discography. k!ller Mike really hasn't done s**t to compare.
 06-26-2010, 01:02 AM         #78
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Industry 215 said:
 7 years ago '05        #79
Gateway972 47 heat pts47
space
space
$2,688 | Props total: 343 343
 Tommy_Bunz said:
how are you going to compare legends jay-z/nas against non legends wayne/t.i.? how's that fair at all?
What dosent make Wayne a legend in the game, he been in it for 10+ years and is still relevant you that has to mean something

Oh and Z-Ro > Nas on Z-Ro worst day he better then Nas on his best

Last edited by Gateway972; 06-26-2010 at 01:08 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #80
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Industry 215 said:

get the f**k outta here. I'm not completely disagreein with David Banner, but he's acting like he's proud of what the South's image is. The South is known for whack as radio bulls**t in this modern era, when they birthed the most original group in hip hop history OutKast. The thing that needs to be distinguished between the regions thinking is that in NY, if you whack, you are called the f**k out, whereas the South will d*ckride any successful n*gga from their region even if they whack. NY has a high standard where dudes are competitive to up their skill levels, that the NY mentality. Generally NY r*peprs are just more students of the the culture and the game, whereas most popular South artists out today are just taking the game for a ride.

And how is this even an argument though, yes the South most definitely has dope as rappers, and OutKast and Face are legends, but think of it in this way, NY has borough's that basically shaped the landscape of hip hop.

Brooklyn alone s**ts on most of the game, Queens also.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy