DAVID BANNER - "For Every Southern Rapper You Say Can't Rap, I Can Find The Equivalent In New York"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
84 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
142 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #21
V.R. Nabor 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,148 | Props total: 3046 3046
east only got jayz thats it.. name another east rapper that drop a hot cd in the past 4 yrs
 7 years ago '09        #22
Jmoore334 
space
space
$2,288 | Props total: 274 274
 eza said:
LMAO @ people comparing nas to k!ller mike what classics has k!ller mike got?
f**k You
 The N said:
^exactly, these low mind wave mothaf**kas need to shut the f**k up.
f**k You
 vazquez1085 said:
no way in HELL ny got as many wack rappers as the south lmao
f**k You
 MortalDanger said:
someone needs to slap the s**t outta him nas and k!ller mike in the same sentence thats just retarded

i can find 10 wack southern rappers to every 1 rapper in NY

id love to take david banner up on this hed get owned
f**k You
 Budala said:
WRONG!

90% of South dudes have 1 or 0 rappers from the South on their TOP 5 doa.

the list usually is mixed with - NAS, JAY-Z, 2PAC, BIGGIE, EMINEM.

SOUTH LOST.

*exits out of thread with a stanky leg move*
And f**k You

And I'm Out
 7 years ago '08        #23
GoldBluded 536 heat pts536
space
space
$17,868 | Props total: 22582 22582
 budlightextra said:
what pac gotta do with it?
Pac was born in NY. But i guess he is right
Pimp C > Big L
Ti > Jada
Lil Wayne > Jay Z
Andre 3000 > Nas
Bun B > Drake
David Banner > Fabolous
Short Dawg > Max B
Soulja boy > Papoose
Waka Flocka > Busta Rhymes

Im Like
[pic - click to view]

Oh Yea Drake is from the north not NY

Na but why is it always ONE state (NY) Vs The WHOLE South and NY stay winning but i can say the south definitely does run the industry game. And they Beats is poppin. You don't even need lyrics.
 06-25-2010, 09:53 PM         #24
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there are garbage rappers everywhere, just cause it east coast doesn't eliminate them from the rappers who are just s**tty, I mean come on now.......max b......that n*gga sucks,

And hiphop is not limited to a coast, if New York was really as hot as some of yall idiots like to think it is, then why aren't they selling records.........because alot of the artist are to busy making records that sound like the south music same with Cali .

There are some garbage a.ss rappers from the south. but the souths legacy in hiphop did not start with soulja boy or waka flaka, that s**t goes back to early eighties just like New York does....so yall need to quit with this idiotic coast bulls**t, cause when it all comes down to it, I dont give a f**k where you from, if you make hot music and got something to say worth listening to Ill at least give it a listen

And Pretty Boy Swag is the most ignorant s**t ever to be played on the radio.......EVER

Last edited by Dos-effect; 06-25-2010 at 09:58 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #25
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,550 | Props total: 17187 17187
 Supa Mario 910 said:
East Coast can't claim Pac because he got his game from the West and Biggie's a legend, but definitely overrated. Jay-Z's a legend but you're kidding yourself if you don;t think there are better rappers out there than him. He's just well-known for other reasons that we all know.

My dude its simple, hot MCs from the south didn't get the south to dominate like east/west did in the 90s, It was Crunk/Dancing type music. When that overshadows the "good MCs of the south" then somebody f**ked up down there, its not a good look.

Keep it real, it would had been best if some real MCs from the south got all that shine/buzz crunk got, that's what f**ked up the south right there, good MCs getting overshadowed by that s**t.

Last edited by The N; 06-25-2010 at 10:01 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #26
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
there are garbage rappers everywhere, just cause it east coast doesn't eliminate them from the rappers who are just s**tty, I mean come on now.......max b......that n*gga sucks,

[pic - click to view]

Max B Is The BOSS DON
 7 years ago '08        #27
V.R. Nabor 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,148 | Props total: 3046 3046
wasnt waka flocka born in n.y. so whats your point
 7 years ago '04        #28
Budala 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$12,323 | Props total: 1279 1279
 Mr. K said:
Pac was born in NY. But i guess he is right
Pimp C > Big L
Ti > Jada
Lil Wayne > Jay Z
Andre 3000 > Nas
Bun B > Drake
David Banner > Fabolous
Short Dawg > Max B
Soulja boy > Papoose
Waka Flocka > Busta Rhymes

Oh Yea Drake is from the north not NY

Na but why is it always ONE state (NY) Vs The WHOLE South and NY stay winning but i can say the south definitely does run the industry game. And they Beats is poppin. You don't even need lyrics.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '08        #29
space
space
 Budala said:

[pic - click to view]

where ya list at
 7 years ago '04        #30
space
space
 Supa Mario 910 said:
Oh yeah, I'll put K-Rino up against ANYBODY from any region and I think they would get ate. But don't get me wrong, I grew up on East Coast Hip Hop also-I'm old enough to remember hearing KRS and the Wu on the radio.
the f**k! you must be pushing 40?

Grandpa.... its time to log off.
 7 years ago '07        #31
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 912 912
n*ggas salty cause NY fathered this s**t? stick to country music then b**ch.
 7 years ago '07        #32
sittinpretti 79 heat pts79
space
space
$3,207 | Props total: 2684 2684
Theres plenty of good rappers in the south they just aint getting no shine cause alot of people just wanna hear all that bubblegum/ringtone s**t....
 7 years ago '08        #33
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,550 | Props total: 17187 17187
 Supa Mario 910 said:
I agree, but that doesn't reduce the significance of what the pioneers from the South was putting down. The same argument that the East uses now that Radio and TV doesn't play their s**t is the same things the South was saying back in the early to mid 90's, but the game eventually came around to them just like it will come back around to the East if they put out good music. I hate the South being characterized as just Waka Flocka and Soulja Boy, but the South has ALWAYS faced discrimination in other ways, not just music.
That's what I am talking about, we know the south got good MCs but it will never be known for that, david banner and others can keep screaming that good MCs exist down there but like I said why do they allow waka/oj da juice crap music to overshadow them?.

That bolded part there should be something south Mcs need to aim at destroying, it should be the hot MCs banner and others talking about being at the top not the waka/souja s**t type music.

That's one thing about the East/West if someone is wack as f**k they will be pointed out, you guys see it as rappers from the same coast beefing with each other, but it has always been about cutting out the bulls**t, when is that going to happen in the south?.

I want to see the good MCs from the south be the face of the south, they are the only ones who can cut the bulls**t out and should be at the top representing the south, not drugged out waka or the gay souja boy s**t.

Last edited by The N; 06-25-2010 at 10:28 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #34
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
I would compare Nas to people like Facemob or 3 Stacks but k!ller Mike?
 7 years ago '08        #35
ingtoo! 
space
space
$739 | Props total: 2 2
 The N said:
get out of here, name somebody from the south that can f**k with 2PAC/BIGGIE during the 90s....

btw I am waiting for the south's camel, who is it?...
Scarface
 7 years ago '04        #36
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,358 | Props total: 11565 11565
 CTR said:
i f**k with the south hard. some of the dopest lyricist come from the south. but you cant deny that most of the horrible s**t you hear the radio comes from the south.
yeah k!ller Mike is dope tho but Nas? well then who is Jay?
 7 years ago '04        #37
space
space
 Supa Mario 910 said:
I'm 27, but if I was pushing 40, I guess I could still be rapping like the 'greats' you named in your previous posts who really haven't put out good material in YEARS. It's a shame when a whole region is dependent on when Jay/Nas drop.

[pic - click to view]

COOL STORY BRO
 7 years ago '04        #38
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,634 | Props total: 3163 3163
Back to my agurement about this 90% of what has been made orginated or started in the south va to be truthful slave hyms were the founding steps for everything music today wake up the south is more than rims and grills o that's right ny will try to take criedt for that to.Ny needs to wake up your time to run hip hop is over if not why would jada make a song with ross called let's take it down south or that jay-z co signed jeezy wayne and tip if we hot we hot so sit down and stfu
 7 years ago '06        #39
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
David Banner always shoot from the hip and tell it like it is..

For all you n*ggas who don't think k!ller Mike can f**k with Nas needs to do your research on k!lla Mike.. Both rappers are very good at what they do and both bring alot to the table but k!ller Mike can hold his own against the best of them...
 06-25-2010, 10:55 PM         #40
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
New York Rappers ae like the New York Knicks. They begging nigggas from other regions to come save them, despite supposedly being "The Mecca" of Hip-Hop. That boring a.ss s**t caught up with them and now they will forever be irrelevant far as rap goes, just like they're a laughing stock when it comes to hoops.

They still have the GOAT, can't take that from them, but s**t even he f**ks with the South more than his home state. Hell most of them n*ggas making Jay Elect their new boring a.ss Messiah, and that n*gga from New Orleans.

N[as]Y Lost
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
153 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy