USA eliminated from World Cup | lose to Ghana 2-1 (Match Stats in first post)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
112 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
58 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-26-2010, 10:16 PM         #701
Zo1987 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Erm...I pointed out one kid's delusions, commented on Adu, commented on the Ghana team...

...where's the "vendetta"?

Ohhh, someone said the US got f**ked by refs - I disagreed. That would go for any country.
Two kids said US viewership is going to disappear like it matters - I disagreed. That would go for any country.
Someone said the US would be a real problem in future - I disagreed. That would go for any country outwith about 5.

Where's the "vendetta", little guy?

And yeah, I know more about football than any of you - American, Ghanaian, English, Chinese, whatever.

Reality - get familiar. :dancingcool:
ur scottish, in least our team made it to the cup.
 7 years ago '07        #702
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,200 | Props total: 15035 15035
 ra1n said:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #703
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,619 | Props total: 2256 2256
If you honestly think FIFA doesn't want to get a foothold in the American market, you're delusional. Even with a weakened dollar, the US is still a valued comodity. And the US is still a pretty untapped resource. If just hald ofo the money generated by the NFL went into the MLS, our domestic league could compete with a lot of the second tier UEFA leagues in terms of financial competetion. Because that's what it boils down to, the amount of money it takes to put together a world class organization. Even though they would lack history & pedigree, which is important in football, they could buy their greatness. You may not accept it, but it's what's happening now in Europe. Big teams, smaller teams with rich owners, all trying to buy the best team. If an American team could afford to just compete against mid otable European sides, more Euros would consider playing here. South Americans too. The money is in Europe so the best leagues are too. Plus more money for developing the Nat'l team. More good Americans would stay home. FIFA doesn't need the US to survive, but they know it would expand their profile in a country the puts alot of time & money behind sports. Believe this is a business first.
 7 years ago '07        #704
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6134 6134

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #705
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 Zo1987 said:
ur scottish, in least our team made it to the cup.
And you are...? Nobody?

At least my country provided me with a sterling education.

yumflip said:
If you honestly think FIFA doesn't want to get a foothold in the American market, you're delusional. Even with a weakened dollar, the US is still a valued comodity. And the US is still a pretty untapped resource. If just hald ofo the money generated by the NFL went into the MLS, our domestic league could compete with a lot of the second tier UEFA leagues in terms of financial competetion. Because that's what it boils down to, the amount of money it takes to put together a world class organization. Even though they would lack history & pedigree, which is important in football, they could buy their greatness. You may not accept it, but it's what's happening now in Europe. Big teams, smaller teams with rich owners, all trying to buy the best team. If an American team could afford to just compete against mid otable European sides, more Euros would consider playing here. South Americans too. The money is in Europe so the best leagues are too. Plus more money for developing the Nat'l team. More good Americans would stay home. FIFA doesn't need the US to survive, but they know it would expand their profile in a country the puts alot of time & money behind sports. Believe this is a business first.
FIFA is as money-hungry as the next organisation & football is increasingly money-orientated. But American viewership, or that of any single nationality, does not make or break that organisation or this sport. The arrogance of kids acting like American elimination or disinterest is anything more than a ripple in an ocean outstrips the arrogance in anything I could come up with because its foundation is comprised entirely of misinformation.

I don't know how much money goes into the NFL btw but, a.ssuming it's remotely representative of the spending power of a sizeable percentage of 300 million hyper-consumers, it's very possible that even less than half of it would obliterate the kind of money circulating in the second tier European leagues like the Dutch Eredivisie, or the Portuguese Liga. However, there is truth to the saying that money does not buy respect & with no respected domestic competition or respected continental competition to offer, it would be very difficult for the MLS to attract much top talent.

The sugar daddies that buy European clubs want to raise their portfolio; the clubs want to succeed in respected competitions.

Buying an American club would not raise anyone's portfolio much because no-one really cares; & the clubs would be attempting to succeed in competitions that are not respected. Have you not noticed that the sugar daddies & their management largely measure success by the club's performance in European competition i.e. the Champion's League?
And players, similarly, seek to play in the premier club competition in the world.

Money would not make the Brazilian Serie A a hotbed of talent, nor the Argentine Primera Division - both of which are more respected than the MLS & at least can offer the Copa Libertadores as incentive - so why would the MLS succeed based on money? The only thing the MLS would have to offer over other countries is larger media opportunities for the players but this would be limited to a select few "stars", hence why only a handful of real foreign talent will ever be participating in the MLS at the one time.

"More good Americans would stay home" - the American players must leave for your national team to improve. What you need is better players, & more of them. You should aspire to have your best players playing at the highest level of club competition (i.e. Spanish La Liga, English Premiership, German Bundesliga, French Ligue 1, Italian Serie A, Champion's League/UEFA Cup etc) but have the talent pool to fill the MLS with good players too. Look at a country like Portugal, their best players play abroad but their talent pool is deep enough that they still have talent in their domestic league - some of it is imported, but much of it is comprised of the Portuguese stars of tomorrow & the veteran Portuguese stars of yesteryear.
See, the key is improving talent, not simply adding a few zeroes to funding.

And no, FIFA was actually a sporting institution first & foremost. And although the sport, with FIFA at its head, became more financially driven, in a way the organisation has such a huge cash flow that it is almost beyond succumbing to simple economics. The same way you couldn't bribe Bill Gates to sell out Microsoft, you won't be able to bribe FIFA into selling out football - but both will happily allow you to invest in their "product" & gladly reap the benefits.
 7 years ago '08        #706
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,057 | Props total: 4835 4835
 ra1n said:

[pic - click to view]

Doc D said:
A bunch of americans were saying some racist s**t about Ghana, so one of the ghana fans made this

:rolll augh:

Hard to give Ghana props, when this type of crap happens.
 7 years ago '06        #707
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,263 | Props total: 443 443
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
USA in the final? When you beat Ghana? After you beat Uruguay? Brazil has looked mediocre?

I have never seen so much self-ownage in so few words.

Freddy Adu is untalented. Bottom line.

The self-ownage continues.

The Ghanian squad is actually pretty balanced between young & old & has a wealth of experience.

Not anyone that matters.

I can appreciate your fairly newfound commitment to football, however odd it may be, but the world has nothing to be worried about when it comes to the US & football. You are pretty much in the range you are always going to be in - you might improve a bit some generations, & decline a bit some others, but you're never going to break into the elite bracket of footballing powers. And it's not hate or "worry", it's just realism.

FIFA doesn't need American viewers. The World Cup was the biggest single sporting event in the world before Americans had a clue about football, & the World Cup will remain the biggest single sporting event in the world now that Americans still don't have a clue about football. :dancingcool:

Everyone has pride in their country.

And no, referees didn't screw the US. If there's one thing the world dislikes more than tyrannical America, it's crybaby America - be a man about s**t ffs.
get the f**k of your high horse. :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '05        #708
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
Ya'll was so adamant about posting video clips of how excited the country was, across the country in different bars throughout various citys....

How bout some videos of those same places after Ghana won I wanna see the nation wide look on them same peoples faces... Im sure you'll find people hangin in the backround and f!ghts breaking out.....
 7 years ago '06        #709
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4006 4006
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I can appreciate your fairly newfound commitment to football, however odd it may be, but the world has nothing to be worried about when it comes to the US & football. You are pretty much in the range you are always going to be in - you might improve a bit some generations, & decline a bit some others, but you're never going to break into the elite bracket of footballing powers. And it's not hate or "worry", it's just realism.
It's foolish to think we're not. I'll leave it at that. Good night Coochie.
 7 years ago '07        #710
dr_elias 
space
space
$207 | Props total: 0 0
I know alot of people may get mad at me for saying this but... USA didn't have a chance. Even if they did beat Ghana they would have NEVER made it passed the next round. Although, they are the comeback kings there comes a point where you should realize that you can't put yourself in a hole early in a game. If you look at all the top teams, you'll see one thing in common: they play from start to finish. USA starts playing at 45 mins (i.e. 2nd half). I'm surprised they got so far. If it wasn't for Donovan, they wouldn't have made it so far. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the US team b/c they have a decent team but they're still have a long way to go to even be considered a contender at the international level. I'm just saying.
 06-27-2010, 03:45 AM         #711
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
haha people here are conflicted cause on the one hand the U.S is their team and they lost to a bunch of black guys so they are getting VERY PERSONAL and offensive....yet the black fans dont want to call the Ghana players the "n" word because well some of you and the U.S fans are black...and im sure white people call em that even though they themselves have black players haha

so hypocritical they have black people but they cheer them on to help their soccer team
haha

if your black you might as well have cheered for Ghana
black people are back at hating black people cause of this loss

Last edited by ElMarroAfamado; 06-27-2010 at 03:46 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #712
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
I dunno why people say MSL isn't that good when on average there is 20,000 people who go and watch it.

There was 12,000 at the Kansas City Power & Light District to watch USA play Ghana.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

lol at gotta wait 4 years.

[video - click to view]

LOL at Ghana doesn't deserve to win and it should have been a tie. and the ref was crap

[video - click to view]

WOW are you serious?

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

TV ratings for 2010 World Cup up by 68%, Businesse triple in takings.

Last edited by Wasted; 06-27-2010 at 04:19 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #713
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4006 4006
The ref WAS crap. But I don't blame him for our loss... our porous defense last night was to blame.
 7 years ago '08        #714
Showtimegp 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,550 | Props total: 41 41
lol American soccer fans are so stupid.... is like people in England talking about NFL i dont take them serious.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '08        #715
Showtimegp 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,550 | Props total: 41 41

[video - click to view]

06-27-2010, 05:13 AM         #716
KRiSH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Showtimegp said:
lol American soccer fans are so stupid.... is like people in England talking about NFL i dont take them serious.

[pic - click to view]

exactly, people dont take americans serious when it comes to football (soccer), sorry but stick to what you know and leave the popular sports to the rest of us!
 7 years ago '05        #717
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
How can someone who has been watching football for 5 minutes believe that their forecast is more valid than that of someone that has been watching for 20+ years?

Newsflash: Americans have been saying it's their time, & they're going to be a power, for a long time. It never happens. Get used to it.
 06-27-2010, 06:52 AM         #718
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Armen87 said:
lol ronaldo

[pic - click to view]

:jay:
 7 years ago '08        #719
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,057 | Props total: 4835 4835
 krish_2k4 said:
exactly, people dont take americans serious when it comes to football (soccer), sorry but stick to what you know and leave the popular sports to the rest of us!

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
How can someone who has been watching football for 5 minutes believe that their forecast is more valid than that of someone that has been watching for 20+ years?

Newsflash: Americans have been saying it's their time, & they're going to be a power, for a long time. It never happens. Get used to it.
You don't think that the US will get any better? Why, exactly? The US has shown very good improvement over the past decade no?
 7 years ago '05        #720
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 stlcardinals19 said:

You don't think that the US will get any better? Why, exactly? The US has shown very good improvement over the past decade no?
You can only improve so much, before you level off.

I mean, if we're talking about exponential improvement, then my view would still be correct, because while the US are improving, Brazil & the other powers will be improving too, meaning the US will never catch them, no?

I think the US's "improvement" is overrated tbh. The US national team used to boast good players like Friedel & Reyna, along with some decent players who got to play abroad like Keller & McBride. The rest were doing well to be considered mediocre.
Now the US national team boasts some good players like Howard & Donovan, who are inferior to the aforementioned "good players", along with some decent players who play abroad like Bradley & Dempsey. The rest are mediocre.

See, the improvement hasn't been in the mediocre contingent becoming good, but the crap contingent becoming mediocre. And that is completely logical - because it's a lot easier to go from hopeless to mediocre, than it is to go from mediocre to good.

And as for good to great? That's even further off. Maybe one day you'll have a great player. Maybe one day you'll have a handful of good players. But you'll never have a number of great players readily available, supported by a squad otherwise comprised of good players.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago