USA eliminated from World Cup | lose to Ghana 2-1 (Match Stats in first post)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #621
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,894 | Props total: 2004 2004
 2 Pistolz said:
Shut the f**k up... root for whoever the f**k you want to root for. Growing up playing soccer in Jamaica, my father's team studied Brazil's style of play. My father taught me everything I know about soccer and we used to watch film on them when I was growing up. If you don't know one's circumstances or reasoning, then like I originally said, SHUT THE f**k UP.

If Jamaica/Brazil plays, I root for Jamaica. That will never happen though because we're a.ss. :dancingcool:
Pistolz you just contradicted yourself at the end there man. You said you should be able to root for whoever you want BUT if your country was playing the team you liked, then you would root for Jamaica?

I mean if you asked me who I'd like to see win it all as of right now, it would be Netherlands because they've never won and those Orange jerseys are fierce. BUT if we played them, I'd be die hard USA. That's what I think a lot of us are trying to say:

Too many people here would root for the team they support over the United States
 7 years ago '05        #622
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
 -BigC- said:
Put the world cup on a Sunday during football season and then see what we follow
That's a stupid argument.

Put the WORLD CUP, NFL, NBA, MLB, and NCAA Football & Hoops on Sundays, and the majority of America will watch the NFL.... MYSELF INCLUDED.
 7 years ago '04        #623
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 2 Pistolz said:
If Jamaica/Brazil play in a meaningful game, I root for Jamaica. That will never happen though because we're a.ss and damn proud of it. :dancingcool:

Everyone in Jamaica roots for Brazil... that's just how it is. Call it bandwagon if you must, but I don't have a bandwagon bone in my body. Why would I sit through 1-15 and renew my Dolphins season tickets as soon as the first renewal form came in the mail the following year?
Another fraud. Soccer team sucks so he and his entire country give up on the team and d*ck rides another country. Classic.
 7 years ago '07        #624
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,204 | Props total: 15057 15057
 J.R. Hyphy said:
bro thats equivalent to saying , (someone not you) you never been to california, you never been to los angeles, so how can you identify yourself as a Laker fan.

its illogical.
eh, good point :slap:

jp, you still the homie
 7 years ago '05        #625
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
 lilsnatch770 said:
Nah Wasted, I know you're not from America, so I don't think you're just picking a team to jump on. Not saying England is trash, but I'd bet if you were just going to pick a team it wouldn't be England.

We're getting behind soccer a lot more in the last two world cups. I think if the MLS had better players we would actually care but the MLS is a.ss

Of course I'll pick England. I support them through and through. I've had my sig and avy since the WC started and when England drew with the US and Algeria. I think England Germany tomorrow going to be a tight game. England always choke in the later stages, we all know this but English football culture still support the team no matter what.

England fans will support their country. They know they ain't the best but we still support. We do this at club level, you got loyal fans who breed their kids to their club colours since birth. It's just how it is here.

In America I see a lot of bandwagon jumping at club level in basketball, baseball and A.Football. I guess this is what is happening here. They bangwagon jump. Alot of Americans is mixed they can support their family background, their country or choose a random country as America isn't the best.
 7 years ago '05        #626
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:
Pistolz you just contradicted yourself at the end there man. You said you should be able to root for whoever you want BUT if your country was playing the team you liked, then you would root for Jamaica?

I mean if you asked me who I'd like to see win it all as of right now, it would be Netherlands because they've never won and those Orange jerseys are fierce. BUT if we played them, I'd be die hard USA. That's what I think a lot of us are trying to say:

Too many people here would root for the team they support over the United States
Because I am a Jamaican before I am anything else in life... anything. I can be whatever I aspire to be, but one thing I can never change about myself is the FACT that I am a Jamaican. I will never root against my own soil.

Like I said though, I was raised to follow Brazil national soccer & Barcelona club soccer. Why would I root against Brazil and what's wrong with me rooting for Brazil? That is not my country, but it's my soccer nation. I was raised on it.
 7 years ago '07        #627
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
 2 Pistolz said:

Put the WORLD CUP, NFL, NBA, MLB, and NCAA Football & Hoops on Sundays, and the majority of America will watch the NFL.... MYSELF INCLUDED.

You're the definition of bandwagon if you root for another country just because your team isn't that good. That is bandwagon word for word in the dictionary.
 7 years ago '04        #628
space
space
 J.R. Hyphy said:
bro thats equivalent to saying , (someone not you) you never been to california, you never been to los angeles, so how can you identify yourself as a Laker fan.

its illogical.

Welcome to BXSC.....I've had that argument with College fans for AGES. How the f**k can you like Miami, when you live in f**king New York City?

Doesn't make sense to me (but I guess others would argue it's okay)
 06-26-2010, 04:56 PM         #629
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 2 Pistolz said:

The argument was aimed toward the point of Americans being fair weather fans when it comes to soccer because for the last few weeks we have supported our team in the world cup. My point was this is just a slow a.ss time in North American sports.
 7 years ago '04        #630
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
at having a Soccer nation different to your country.
 7 years ago '08        #631
Showtimegp 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,550 | Props total: 41 41
For anyone who missed the match

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #632
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
 hockeythug said:
Another fraud. Soccer team sucks so he and his entire country give up on the team and d*ck rides another country. Classic.
The nerve of this f**got with that signature and avatar of yours... how do you go from Minnesota everything to the Dallas Mavericks?

I was a Brazil fan when they lost in 98, won in 02, and lost in 06.

Will be a Brazil fan win or lose this Cup, too.
 7 years ago '05        #633
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,293 | Props total: 1101 1101
 KeepinItTrill said:
I'm saying if you just come outta nowhere talking about yea so n so country this so n so country that, that s**t's lame to me. You never saw yourself as that before, why start? Because the ethnicity you got in your bloodline has a good soccer team?
Well if you never followed the team and just claiming them out of the blue I see you point. but if you been cheering for them your whole life and watching the games and following them than I dont see a problem.

I understand your point but if that is the case nobody should cheer for any team if they dont live there but people still do (Lakers fans, Cowboys fans, Yankees fans,etc)

Last edited by Mysteryman; 06-26-2010 at 04:59 PM..
 06-26-2010, 04:58 PM         #634
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wasted said:

Of course I'll pick England. I support them through and through. I've had my sig and avy since the WC started and when England drew with the US and Algeria. I think England Germany tomorrow going to be a tight game. England always choke in the later stages, we all know this but English football culture still support the team no matter what.

England fans will support their country. They know they ain't the best but we still support. We do this at club level, you got loyal fans who breed their kids to their club colours since birth. It's just how it is here.

In America I see a lot of bandwagon jumping at club level in basketball, baseball and A.Football. I guess this is what is happening here. They bangwagon jump. Alot of Americans is mixed they can support their family background, their country or choose a random country as America isn't the best.
That is exactly what is happening here. People here just like a winner, that is why you don't see many fans of bad teams. I think its ok to pick a team if you have nothing that should attach you to a team, but its not like we didn't have a team in this .
 7 years ago '04        #635
space
space
 Wasted said:

I agree, as I just posted, how can you be a fan of another states team if you've never been there. I mean, I'm a Braves fan in NY, but I grew up as a Braves fan because the first baseball games I went to were the Braves with my family in Atlanta. I was never a baseball fan until I went there at a young age and came out a baseball fan.
 7 years ago '05        #636
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:
Welcome to BXSC.....I've had that argument with College fans for AGES. How the f**k can you like Miami, when you live in f**king New York City?

Doesn't make sense to me (but I guess others would argue it's okay)
It's a lot different in soccer because of how spread out the competitive leagues are. No one watches the MLS. So think about it... if you're a huge soccer fan living in America, and say, you follow the English Premier League more than anything and you fall in love with it... you're going to start pulling for England, no?

It's different when you're talking about AMERICAN SPORTS LEAGUES.
 7 years ago '04        #637
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
 2 Pistolz said:
The nerve of this f**got with that signature and avatar of yours... how do you go from Minnesota everything to the Dallas Mavericks?

I was a Brazil fan when they lost in 98, won in 02, and lost in 06.

Will be a Brazil fan win or lose this Cup, too.
Um, born in Texas, first game I ever went to was an mavericks game, followed the team, moved to minnesota, can prolly figure the rest out. Twins=Chokes, Wild=Suck , Vikings=Chokes,U of M=Suck, Mavs=Chokes. Clearly I accept the fact and move on. Dont lose all hope and start supporting the Lakers, Yanks, Brazil, Red Wings, and the Cowboys.

Last edited by hockeythug; 06-26-2010 at 05:03 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #638
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,204 | Props total: 15057 15057
 Mysteryman said:
Well if you never followed the team and just claiming them out of the blue I see you point. but if you been cheering for them your whole life and watching the games and following them than I dont see a problem.

I understand your point but if that is the case nobody should cheer for any team if they live there but people still do (Lakers fans, Cowboys fans, Yankees fans,etc)
that's all I'm saying. If you've identified yourself as Jamaican, Brazilian or w/e for a minute then by all means pledge allegiance to them and root for them. But, if you just hopped on the wagon cuz you heard the country's team your ppl are from can win the World Cup? f**k those clowns

and yea, dudes like that Wisdom f**got, Cash NY, Bkj11 w/e all these muhf**kas from NYC hopping on the Lakers bandwagon cuz they're a winning franchise makes me sick. I bet the ppl who really follow soccer think the same when they hear ppl's "favorite football clubs" and it's always teams like Manchester United, AC Milan, etc. All of the top teams only. That s**t's disgusting to me
 7 years ago '05        #639
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:
I agree, as I just posted, how can you be a fan of another states team if you've never been there. I mean, I'm a Braves fan in NY, but I grew up as a Braves fan because the first baseball games I went to were the Braves with my family in Atlanta. I was never a baseball fan until I went there at a young age and came out a baseball fan.
Therefore you or nobody else that respects your stance has ANY RIGHT to judge me on my choice in being a Brazil fan. It's the SAME THING (yes I've been to Maracana stadium to see the Brazilians play)

When I grew up and got into soccer, MY FATHER was already a Brazil fan and I started off as a soccer fan watching their South American qualification games.
 7 years ago '04        #640
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,263 | Props total: 3848 3848
Posted by Universal mind

2-1 Ghana either way LOL @ US slipping through the brackets playing soft teams and still struggling....
Good call sir! I was torn on who to cheer for like a lot of Black people, but im glad Ghana won!
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy