The interview to end all!! Kobe admits hes equal to jordan if not better!!

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
126 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #21
Bigrel 7 heat pts
space
space
$798 | Props total: 326 326
Kobe coulda been given a franchise if he wasn't da 13th pick. Dats y dat n*gga came off da bench. Its not like anyone dats comes outta hs aren't given a franchise. Can't use dat as an excuse, he wasn't startin early cuz he wasn't good enough. And jordan aint get pip until 87 or sum s**t stop reachin.
 7 years ago '04        #22
dre03 
space
space
$10,167 | Props total: 2448 2448
 geovanni. said:
Are you going to say Shaq was the best player? What? Seriously? Perhaps the most valuable player, because the freak of nature wrecked havoc, but skill wise, Kobe takes that medal.

The article was arguing for the best raw individual talent; Kobe has never played on a team where he was not that.

Here you go, bro.
Thats even worst... You claim to be more talented than a person but you produce less...

Thats like a C Student telling a straight A student... Hey you may have straight A's but im smarter than you...

Yeah unfortunately talent cant be measured so its a matter of perception... Jordan wasnt the most talented player ever... He was just the best... Talent doesnt equal best... dont get them confused my n*gga
 06-24-2010, 05:53 PM         #23
ktbballplaya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 teh truth said:
ahahahhahahahahahaha

i think u should give up.

kobe started his career in the bench while Mj was given a franchise

vice versa

you think Mj would succeed coming from hs off the bench work his way up?

and you think Kobe would succeed after 3 yrs in college given his own franchise???
What does that have to do with anything?? Am I supposed to have sympathy for kobe bc he came out of hs?

Kobe has played more minutes than MJ in the playoffs and still hasnt reached his numbers.

Kobe was given his own franchise after shaq left and couldnt make the playoffs with 8 years experience in the NBA and 2 first round playoff exits until Gasol came and save the day.

And do you think Kobe would be so successful by going to charlotte instead of going to a very talented Lakers squad where the attention is not all on you as a rookie?
 06-24-2010, 06:05 PM         #24
geovanni.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dre03 said:
Thats even worst... You claim to be more talented than a person but you produce less...

Thats like a C Student telling a straight A student... Hey you may have straight A's but im smarter than you...

Yeah unfortunately talent cant be measured so its a matter of perception... Jordan wasnt the most talented player ever... He was just the best... Talent doesnt equal best... dont get them confused my n*gga
As that C student, I take offense.

It's a perfectly valid argument, especially considering that it is the central focus of Wise's article. Kobe is the most talented individual to have ever played in the NBA. Are you going to say that being the most talented does not equal being the best player? Fine, that is arguable and valid. What is not however, is the fallacy that production (rings,raw statistics and awards) in anyway invalidates or disqualifies someone who has built their reputation on skill and perceived talent. By that logic, Robert Horry and Kareem are better than both Jordan and Kobe and Don Nelson and Pat Riley are better coaches than Phil Jackson.

All I'm saying is to not discount the argument that Kobe is the better player because he is the better talent. Whether you agree with it or not, it's a valid argument.
 7 years ago '06        #25
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Derek Fisher, Steve Kerr, and Ron Harper have 5 rings too. Why don't we start comparing those guys to Jordan too :rolleyes: f**k outta here Kobe's the best of this era but don't even begin to compare him to any of the HOFs
 06-24-2010, 06:07 PM         #26
geovanni.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown said:
Derek Fisher, Steve Kerr, and Ron Harper have 5 rings too. Why don't we start comparing those guys to Jordan too :rolleyes: f**k outta here Kobe's the best of this era but don't even begin to compare him to any of the HOFs
....as if Kobe will not be entering the Hall of Fame in the near future.
 06-24-2010, 06:26 PM         #27
fmoney88  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mike Nitty said:
Michael is the GOAT as of rite now

Doesn't mean Kobe will catch him....

With the book still being open on Kobe's career it is possible tho...

But the article was right...no matter if kobe gets 6 or 7 or 8 rings...no matter if he passes Mike on the all-time scoring list....he will not be as "BELOVED" as Mike, meaning his game will be hated instead of appreciated when they basically the same player....1 made his legend in the 90's the other in the 2000's...sad people hate him so much they can't recognize the similarities..but those same people are willing to put LBJ above Kobe rite now...what if Bron gets 1 ring, he better than Jordan, hell no but his fans will have no doubt he is better than Kobe.

I'm done on this front...imma let history prove n*ggas wrong.
did you suck kobe meat or something?
 7 years ago '05        #28
GodGaveMeStyle 
space
space
$671 | Props total: 4 4
I think this is a dead give away of who is the greatest player of all time in basketball. Kobe.

Anybody that can do the things he can do, not to mention score 81 points in a game and NOT be considered a ball hog that game. Definently in this era and Western Conference, which is DEFINENTLY best Western Conference EVER known to man.

Lets face it...competetion now is WAY better than before.

Also about MJ...most wont like this...but it is true...his FAMOUS fadeaway jumper...ones you see in ALL the highlights...is known as an offensive foul in the NBA now and is even called "The MJ Fadeaway" Kinda hard to be best ever when famous move is push off step back fadeaway. That is like showing a highlight of Dwight Howard push the ish outta someone then block the ball. Plain and Simple.
 7 years ago '04        #29
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,781 | Props total: 17146 17146
 GetDown187 said:
Kobe > ___________
This ..................
 7 years ago '04        #30
l0udm0uf 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,678 | Props total: 3 3
 JRisgr8! said:
good article aside from Kobe lunchin for a second...

when wasn't jordan being discussed by media outlets
he said nothing about that. He said there was less media coverage. And there was.

s**t was not 24/7 all f**kin day with twitter and all that other s**t like it is now, stop lyin to yourself
 7 years ago '06        #31
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
Its really funny seeing these dumb a.sses in denial. Professional coaches, players, and GMs alike who have witnessed both up close and personal make the comparisons and say that its okay to put the two in the same sentence. They're not saying that Kobe is better, just saying that they see the similarities and that both are amazing talents. What more do you haters want?

This pretty much sums it all up. Yes stats are important when it comes to legacy but is that all? Its not okay to deny the intangibles because if we did then Mike wouldn't be the greatest.

We can play "Who Had More 40- and 50-point games?" and "Who Holds More NBA records?" and break down raw numbers forever. And it won't do anything but satisfy the people who calibrate the game instead of celebrate it.
 7 years ago '05        #32
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,843 | Props total: 30032 30032
kobe bryant >>>> jordan
 7 years ago '05        #33
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
thread is funny. ppl forget that all the s**t ppl hating on kobe for there loving
jordan for. You forget jordan teamates hated jordan at times. Jordan has punch n*ggas on his
team more then once he has called out players and really rub ppl the wrong way. Yet if kobe does that

he is a ball hog he is a selfish player lol. PPl also forget that jordan in his earlier years NEVER EVER PASSED THE f**kING BALL. GO WATCH SOME OF IT HE WAS THE BIGGEST BALL HOG IN f**kING HISTORY AND JORDAN HAD TO GO THRU 2 COACHES JUST LIKE KOBE BEFORE HE WON ANYTHING AT ALL.

and ppl wanna talk about that col s**t with kobe and his wife. PPL FORGET JORDAN CHEATED ON HIS WIFE ALL THE TIME HELL THAT WHY HE GOT A RID OF HER AFTER LIKE 20 YEARS OF MARRIAGE SO HE COULD GET HIS f**k ON WITHOUT HAVING TO HID IT.

i just think its not fair that ppl are putting kobe down for the very same s**t jordan did yet no one wants to talk about that. but when your a leader u have to do things in a different way they both our leaders and great players and to sit here and say kobe is not even close is just stupid if aint close who da f**k is.
 7 years ago '07        #34
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,828 | Props total: 4801 4801
 akademiks said:
Uh, no.. Kobe has played about 50 less games than MJ and has played a season less.
uh,i know jordan wouldnt been guardin no damn rajon rondo wit a series on tha line
 7 years ago '07        #35
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,027 | Props total: 30274 30274
How can you take longer, with more crutches.... and do less, and be considered better?

At this rate, when LBJ wins his first championship, in his 14th year in the league, and ends his 18 year career with 3 rings.... he'll be considered better than Jordan. That's what we saying, right? That doing less, in a longer period of time makes you the best?

When Durant wins his first ring, in his 16th season... and ends his 21 year career with 2 rings, he'll be better than Lebron... I got that right, yea?

Well... at least those 2 will have lead their respective teams their entire careers... and will be the reason their teams won those rings.
 06-25-2010, 06:35 PM         #36
Birdie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so whatever kobe says is true?
 06-25-2010, 06:44 PM         #37
thehater33  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And then I played with a much different team about halfway through my career. You almost have to judge my career in two phases."
stop lying kobe, don't lie. luc longley>>>gasol
 7 years ago '07        #38
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
 GodGaveMeStyle said:
I think this is a dead give away of who is the greatest player of all time in basketball. Kobe.

Anybody that can do the things he can do, not to mention score 81 points in a game and NOT be considered a ball hog that game. Definently in this era and Western Conference, which is DEFINENTLY best Western Conference EVER known to man.

Also about MJ...most wont like this...but it is true...his FAMOUS fadeaway jumper...ones you see in ALL the highlights...is known as an offensive foul in the NBA now and is even called "The MJ Fadeaway" Kinda hard to be best ever when famous move is push off step back fadeaway. That is like showing a highlight of Dwight Howard push the ish outta someone then block the ball. Plain and Simple.
what the f**k are you talkin about

[video - click to view]

I dont know what kind of ball u play but where the hell if an offensive foul, and u wanna talk about todays NBA, What about the fact that flagrant fouls in todays NBA were good hard fouls back then, also what about not being able to handcheck in todays NBA.
 7 years ago '05        #39
Brdn08 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,121 | Props total: 340 340
 GodGaveMeStyle said:

Uhhh no. Jordan played in a league with jabbar, magic bird mchale, reggie miller pat ewing, Hakeem, Clyde, Dikembe in his prime, stockton, malone, GP, Kemp, the human highlight reel, when he was a monster, a young and more athletic shaq. barkley, james worthy, and I could keep going there is nowhere near that much top end talent in the league today. If you add in hand checking was legal and there was no defensive 3 seconds then you know the league Jordan played in was much tougher. They changed the rules to allow more scoring.
 7 years ago '08        #40
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
2010-2011 Season will solidify this argument...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago