The interview to end all!! Kobe admits hes equal to jordan if not better!!

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-24-2010, 09:05 AM         #1
5904 pageviews
86 comments

JOE PESCI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The interview to end all!! Kobe admits hes equal to jordan if not better!!

i never knew this interview existed and its was for obvious reason. this was pre 5th ring and even kobe knew it. like he said he never even got to play early on bekuz of dell harris grudge against highschoolers and mike was handed a team to start and always had the :goat: defender and top 5 sf in pippen with him. if mike had come outta high school he probably wouldnt even have survived the league. mike admitted kobe was more advanced than him at a much younger age in 97. and the year kobe played with smush and mihm mike never had a team that trash or down time like that. kobes journey was much tougher and him having to curb his game so him and shaq could prosper was even more of a plus to kobe being superior argument as phil jackson has often said but ill let the interview do the rest

Washington Post writer makes compelling argument for Kobe Bryant as The Greatest Ever

[pic - click to view]

PHOENIX - If we're going to have the conversation, we might as well go to one of the primary sources, no?

Greatest of all time, you or Michael?

"That's hard for me," Kobe Bryant said, walking to another team bus after another virtuoso performance in late May. "I'm still young. Our careers are so different."

But what if you win a championship this season and one or two more rings before you retire? That would equal or surpass Michael Jordan's haul of titles. Don't we have to start talking about it?

"You can, but I don't know if it's fair to anyone," Kobe said. "I mean, I came off the bench early in my career. We had such different beginnings, you know? And then I played with a much different team about halfway through my career. You almost have to judge my career in two phases."

He's right.

There was Kobe With Shaq and Kobe Without Shaq; Michael always had Scottie Pippen.

Kobe came straight from high school; Michael stayed three years at North Carolina. Kobe is working on his fifth title at 31 years old; Michael didn't win his fifth until he was 34 years old.

Yet for the bulk of their careers, they both also had Phil Jackson, the greatest coach in the game.

"He's comparable [to Jordan]," Jackson said of Bryant on Saturday night in the desert outside the coach's room at U.S. Airways Arena. "He's got the same drive and determination."

Jackson had just watched the game's most accomplished player pour in 37 points and two of the most jaw-dropping shots in the final two minutes of a close-out victory over the Phoenix Suns in the Western Conference finals, shots that pushed the Lakers into their third straight NBA Finals and seventh in the last 11 seasons.

So, he was essentially asked, what if Michael's surreal highlights start to be referred to as "Kobe-esque?" Or is that just heresy? Should we play the "Greatest of All Time" game?

"People are going to do it," Jackson replied.

What about you?

"I will hold back observation until that time."

Okay, that's a maybe. And raise your hand right now if you thought Phil would ever go there on any level?

We can play "Who Had More 40- and 50-point games?" and "Who Holds More NBA records?" and break down raw numbers forever. And it won't do anything but satisfy the people who calibrate the game instead of celebrate it.

But the entire debate is really immaterial in some ways, isn't it? Because in the G.O.A.T. argument, the problem for Bryant isn't about production — it's about perception.

The unfortunate truth for Kobe is he can never be Michael because he isn't thought of as likable as Jordan, also the greatest commercial pitchman ever for an athlete. Even if he tied or surpassed Jordan in championships and postseason magical moments, Bryant's public missteps — the prideful ego war with Shaquille O'Neal early in his career, the s3xual a.ssault charge eventually dropped in Colorado and his desire to leave the Lakers only a few years ago — will always be held against him.

"Let's say he does get two more rings," Tim Legler, the former player and now an ESPN analyst, said recently in a telephone interview. "Even if he doesn't win any more MVP awards, he will probably approach Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's all-time scoring record. You absolutely can make a valid argument for Kobe being the greatest ever when that happens.

"But he will never be revered like Michael Jordan will be revered," Legler added. "He's never been beloved like Michael has been beloved. Very little of that has to do with what happened in Vail [Colo.] or anything with Shaq.

"There's still something about him. So many people question how genuine Kobe is. He's chosen to not let people really get to know him."

Because we sadly convince ourselves that what we see on television equals who someone is, Kobe won't even go down as the greatest Laker in history. Magic Johnson wrapped that up for eternity a long time ago.

Purely based on his professional persona, I think Kobe gets shortchanged on the image issue. See, Michael was as cutthroat and undiplomatic and nasty as a champion ever was. By the time he put on the suit and tie, though, he was a much better actor. With his megawatt smile and disarming wink, he could conceal the shadow side of him in ways Kobe never really cared if he concealed.

When I ran that thought by Kobe late Saturday night in Phoenix, he didn't completely agree. "He wasn't better at hiding it," Kobe said of Michael. "I think there was just less media coverage."

Either way, it's time to stop ignoring the possibility there will ever be a player of Jordan's ilk — and maybe better.

"Yeah, you can compare them," said Brian Shaw, the Lakers a.ssistant coach who played with Kobe and against both players. "They're made of the same stuff. The difference: I think Michael had just bigger hands. He could palm the ball off the dribble. I don't think Kobe can do that."

I sought out Steve Kerr for the final say. He played with Michael and against Kobe. Kerr intimately felt the moments when Michael siphoned the soul from a team's season, no more than the night he shot down Utah on the road in Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals.

Flash forward to another Game 6, Western Conference finals, 12 years later. Thirty-five seconds left, game in the balance. The best player on the court squares and fires off-balance from the right wing with hands in his face. Good. Another visiting arena is crestfallen, its team's season over. Kerr, now the Phoenix Suns general manager, intimately felt that shot puncture more than a great year.

"He's the only guy you can legitimately say is right there with Michael," Kerr said. "Kobe actually has better shooting range than Michael. Now, Michael was more physical. The rules when he played allowed the Knicks to maul him. But in the end, they're both k!llers and the most incredible players of their eras."

It's easy to appreciate both for their talents and their triumphs this time of year.

It's harder to acknowledge the truth and just say it: If Kobe Bryant wins his fifth title in the next two weeks and wins two more championships before he retires to give him seven rings, he has to be given the nod as the greatest individual talent ever to play in the NBA.

As hard as that might be to hear for Michael and his legions, that's not heresy anymore.

[pic - click to view]

http://nbcsports.msnbc.co .. shington_post/

:dancingcool:image

86 comments for "The interview to end all!! Kobe admits hes equal to jordan if not better!!"

7 years ago '05        #2
Rubix 
space
space
$8,494 | Props total: 826 826
First off, only a complete idiot can reach as far as u did and pretend kobe said that. He's just saying both careers can be compared but shouldn't because it isn't fair to anyone - not fair for kobe because his career started on the bench, not fair to jordan because if kobe ends up with more rings, it was because of different circumstances. Secondly, this articles been posted before and lastly, stfu with this bulls**t already. How do u d*cksuckers breathe being on the d*ck all day?
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '04        #3
MochaWhitey 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 320 320
its fun to debate, but Jordan will always be the goat. Deal with it.
 7 years ago '08        #4
JRisgr8! 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,711 | Props total: 483 483
good article aside from Kobe lunchin for a second...
"He wasn't better at hiding it," Kobe said of Michael. "I think there was just less media coverage."
when wasn't jordan being discussed by media outlets
 7 years ago '07        #5
BluBlazn 
space
space
space
$101 | Props total: 47 47
mikes the goat 4ever sorry but pipen is no shaq if mike had shaq plz it would have been teen rings or
even robert horry ric foxx glenn rice drek fisher kobes 3peat team was better mike jus made it look easy
 7 years ago '04        #6
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3467 3467
 P. Dedos said:
3 of his championships he wasnt even the best player on his team

so please dont compare those rings to 3 of jordans rings please

by the way kobe has already played more games and has had as many seasons as MJ

not that even rings matter in the discussion because the GOAT was the better player

i can go on and on and on and on and on

but everybody already knows how foolish this topic is
Uh, no.. Kobe has played about 50 less games than MJ and has played a season less.
 7 years ago '06        #7
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,186 | Props total: 38 38
wats new ???????

like i said skill wise talent wise

kobe and jordan are the same ...but their fans are going too say one of the other is better

now legacy wise

ill admit this kobe got wrecked
 7 years ago '06        #8
seewhy14 
space
space
$1,201 | Props total: 18 18
 P. Dedos said:

not that even rings matter in the discussion because the GOAT was the better player

I'd say 4 Pau should of been the MVP
 7 years ago '06        #9
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:

i would say that if kobe was mark madsen rick fox or d fish, but n*ggas needa learn that kobe was more than a 2nd option...so your telling me this is a 2nd option????????

99-00 LAL 22 22 39.0 0.442 0.344 0.754 1.2 3.3 4.5 4.4 1.4 1.4 2.50 4.05 21.1
00-01 LAL 16 16 43.4 0.469 0.324 0.821 1.8 5.4 7.3 6.1 1.6 0.8 3.19 3.31 29.4
01-02 LAL 19 19 43.8 0.434 0.379 0.759 1.5 4.4 5.8 4.6 1.4 0.9 2.84 3.42 26.6
02-03 LAL 12 12 44.3 0.432 0.403 0.827 1.3 3.8 5.1 5.2 1.2 0.1 3.50 2.92 32.1

that is also where n*ggas like u get things mixed....

kobe and jordan had different careers as in this interview kobe says

kobe came off the bench in his begining stages while jordan got out right from the gecko

kobe came outta hs while jordan took 3 yrs of hs.

etc.....
 06-24-2010, 03:56 PM         #10
JOE PESCI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:
Uh, no.. Kobe has played about 50 less games than MJ and has played a season less.
:owned:

get em ak
 06-24-2010, 04:31 PM         #11
ktbballplaya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:
well Mj did come back for 2 meaningless seasons with the Wizards.

and question? How do you play a season less if it takes 82 games to complete a season
 06-24-2010, 04:37 PM         #12
ktbballplaya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Playoffs Kobe has played 198 games and scored 5052 points 45 %
Michael Jordan has played 179 games and scored 5987 points 49%

Greatest of all time is MJ stop comparing
 7 years ago '05        #13
kaderg911 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,299 | Props total: 0 0
jordan never had down time? n*ggas foprgot he retired twice... playin baseball n s**t

CMON SON
 06-24-2010, 04:46 PM         #14
ktbballplaya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let me continue
Assists Kobe in 198 games 955
Jordan 179 games 1022

Steals Jordan 376
Kobe 278

Give it up!! Please
 7 years ago '04        #15
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,910 | Props total: 2549 2549
that link dont work for me wtf
 06-24-2010, 04:59 PM         #16
geovanni.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JRisgr8! said:
good article aside from Kobe lunchin for a second...

when wasn't jordan being discussed by media outlets
Are you going to say Shaq was the best player? What? Seriously? Perhaps the most valuable player, because the freak of nature wrecked havoc, but skill wise, Kobe takes that medal.

The article was arguing for the best raw individual talent; Kobe has never played on a team where he was not that.

SpyDa said:
that link dont work for me wtf
Here you go, bro.

Last edited by geovanni.; 06-24-2010 at 05:00 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #17
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
 ktbballplaya said:
Let me continue
Assists Kobe in 198 games 955
Jordan 179 games 1022

Steals Jordan 376
Kobe 278

Give it up!! Please
ahahahhahahahahahaha

i think u should give up.

kobe started his career in the bench while Mj was given a franchise

vice versa

you think Mj would succeed coming from hs off the bench work his way up?

and you think Kobe would succeed after 3 yrs in college given his own franchise???
 7 years ago '08        #18
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,768 | Props total: 12264 12264
Michael is the GOAT as of rite now

Doesn't mean Kobe will catch him....

With the book still being open on Kobe's career it is possible tho...

But the article was right...no matter if kobe gets 6 or 7 or 8 rings...no matter if he passes Mike on the all-time scoring list....he will not be as "BELOVED" as Mike, meaning his game will be hated instead of appreciated when they basically the same player....1 made his legend in the 90's the other in the 2000's...sad people hate him so much they can't recognize the similarities..but those same people are willing to put LBJ above Kobe rite now...what if Bron gets 1 ring, he better than Jordan, hell no but his fans will have no doubt he is better than Kobe.

I'm done on this front...imma let history prove n*ggas wrong.
 7 years ago '08        #19
ingtoo! 
space
space
$739 | Props total: 2 2
 MochaWhitey said:
its fun to debate, but Jordan will always be the goat. Deal with it.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #20
dre03 
space
space
$10,170 | Props total: 2452 2452
 teh truth said:
i would say that if kobe was mark madsen rick fox or d fish, but n*ggas needa learn that kobe was more than a 2nd option...so your telling me this is a 2nd option????????

99-00 LAL 22 22 39.0 0.442 0.344 0.754 1.2 3.3 4.5 4.4 1.4 1.4 2.50 4.05 21.1
00-01 LAL 16 16 43.4 0.469 0.324 0.821 1.8 5.4 7.3 6.1 1.6 0.8 3.19 3.31 29.4
01-02 LAL 19 19 43.8 0.434 0.379 0.759 1.5 4.4 5.8 4.6 1.4 0.9 2.84 3.42 26.6
02-03 LAL 12 12 44.3 0.432 0.403 0.827 1.3 3.8 5.1 5.2 1.2 0.1 3.50 2.92 32.1

that is also where n*ggas like u get things mixed....

kobe and jordan had different careers as in this interview kobe says

kobe came off the bench in his begining stages while jordan got out right from the gecko

kobe came outta hs while jordan took 3 yrs of hs.

etc.....
Yeah Kobe was a second option... He missed almost 2 games in the 2000 Finals... You mean the tell me you can lose your best player for almost half the Finals and still win??? Either the Lakers team was really good and didnt need Kobe or Kobe was not the best player...

and yes those are second option numbers when you have a player averaging 30 and 15 on your team... I didnt know 21 points a game was 1st option numbers seeing how Scottie Pippen also put up those numbers

And lastly, Jordan didnt even pick up basketball until his freshman year in high school...You n*ggas always talking about Kobe coming into the league off the bench but dont realize he has started only 40 less games than Jordan... u n*ggas forget 2 of Jordan's seasons with the Bulls he only started 24 games but of course they are counted as seasons...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
77 comments
2 days ago